NFC FC and NewFC Merge FAQ

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Although the threads will be closed to new comments, will we still be able to log into our accounts on here?

How long is NewFC going to remain up?
Yes, you'll be able to log in to your account, but without being able to post the only thing that would be good for is current PM chains.

As far as how long we will leave this site up, it will be up for a while but we haven't decided on a hard date to close it yet. Ultimately when the dust settles this domain will have a forwarder pointed to FC.
However, being brand new to fc with NewFC and having started some active threads that brought and encouraged other community members to join up as new members (like me) .. only to have it closed a month or two later... is what it is.
If you have started threads that you want salvaged, send me a PM and we'll see if we can include them during the merge.
But, I will say, that I'm diplomatic when I recommend the site so as to reduce any stigma to those who might not be comfortable. I say it with a polite, aristocratic & light-hearted pronunciation. :lol:
Remember we also have fcombustion.com that will forward to FC, so you can freely recommend the site in polite company without causing any pearl-clutching by dropping F-bombs.:lol:

:peace:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
AWESOME!!

I've been reluctant to post very much, as I feared redundancy and the information getting lost in the transition.
This is a great plan, and I look forward to posting with confidence on FC!

I am hoping the new position on Grows is embraced by the original FC. Sure there is a wealth of information in the subject, but I really appreciate being able to lean on FC users and friends for guidance. This is a community I know and trust.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
For me, as far as likes are concerned, it wouldn't matter to me if I had negative likes. I post whenever I feel like it, regardless of the likeability of what I'm posting.

And now, there are reactions that don't add to your likes. So the value of the like count is taken down a notch. @EmDeemo's post are witty, so, he loses out on likes cause I choose :ROFLMAO: at times. Sorry EmD. :D

No more humour from me! :|

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Stu, too funny ... "pearl clutching." :lol:

Yes, you'll be able to log in to your account, but without being able to post the only thing that would be good for is current PM chains.

My reason for hoping for account access is for locating merged posts on FC (after the merge). Since a search won't bring them up, you can see & recollect what posts you made &, then, find them on FC by date of posting on NewFC &, then, bookmark them. I've been bookmarking informative posts for future reference lately. See, I have my FC-Merge thinking cap on. :D

seki

Q: When will the merge happen and what should I expect?
A: On Friday June 26 both sites will be temporarily closed for posting and will experience downtime while the merge takes place. If all goes well it should take a couple of hours or so. If there are problems it is probably Pak's fault.

vtac on OG FC said:
Q: When will the merge happen and what should I expect?
A: On Friday June 26 both sites will be closed for posting and will experience downtime while the merge takes place. If all goes well it should take a couple of hours or so. If there are problems it is Stu's fault.

:lol:

Tranquility

86300979.jpg

Preparing for merger.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
And now, there are reactions that don't add to your likes. So the value of the like count is taken down a notch. @EmDeemo's post are witty, so, he loses out on likes cause I choose :ROFLMAO: at times. Sorry EmD. :D

This forum and now FC have reaction scores rather than likes. Like, love, and haha add one to the reaction score. Dislike subtracts one, and the others are neutral. OG FC does not have a dislike yet. If you want one, tell @vtac.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@pakalolo ...Let me post this one more time:

" EDIT -- @pakalolo ....forgot to ask whether we get to keep some of the new bells and whistles from the NFC app? For instance, like the "attach files" feature, or others?

And also, does @vtac remain the owner or active on the forum in some way?

Last edited: Wednesday at 4:08 PM

Fat Freddy, Wednesday at 11:56 AM "

Gratzi!

Fat Freddy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@pakalolo ...Let me post this one more time:

" EDIT -- @pakalolo ....forgot to ask whether we get to keep some of the new bells and whistles from the NFC app? For instance, like the "attach files" feature, or others?

And also, does @vtac remain the owner or active on the forum in some way?

Last edited: Wednesday at 4:08 PM

Fat Freddy, Wednesday at 11:56 AM "

Gratzi!

@vtac founded and owns FC. He makes the decisions about the bells and whistles. If there's something you're missing, let him know.

Top Bottom