NFC FC and NewFC Merge FAQ

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
So wait a min, the new fuck combustion site all the mods were raving about and saying we needed 2 make new profiles for it, is now not going 2 be used? What lol so confusing.

Demonic chronic,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
So wait a min, the new fuck combustion site all the mods were raving about and saying we needed 2 make new profiles for it, is now not going 2 be used? What lol so confusing.

The only reason we created NewFC was to make sure the community had a place to go should this site disappear. At the time we did not know whether it would survive past the domain expiry in October. Since then @vtac returned and the crisis was averted. There is no need for the new forum and in fact, we never really wanted a second site if it could be avoided.

Demonic chronic

Chronic Connoisseur. Butane power✊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇺🇦
ah I see, thanks pakalolo that's cleared that up, cheers mate.

Demonic chronic,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I don't know if there is a setting I need to adjust so I can see everyone's post count under their name? Right now I have to click on their avatar in order to see it.

BabyFacedFinster,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
@BabyFacedFinster That's something we can do. There are some reasons that it's not shown there by default in the software. For example:
  • Less visual clutter (25 post counts, join dates, etc. per page)
  • More focus on the content of the post itself
  • Less chance of post count being used as an signal of the post's quality or member's stature
As you mentioned, hovering your cursor over an avatar, or tapping it on a mobile device brings up the member card which shows among other things:
  • Username and custom title
  • User-provided "location"
  • Last activity (if allowed by member's privacy settings)
  • Post count
  • Reaction score
  • Trophy points
  • Follow/Ignore/Start Conversation buttons
Initially I was thrown off by not seeing the post count as well. In time I've grown to prefer the (arguably) more modern approach to the UI the talented xenforo developers went with. Sometimes I do look at member cards. I guess the TL;DR is lots of info easily available, but not always in your face.

Just some food for thought. :)

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@BabyFacedFinster That's something we can do. There are some reasons that it's not shown there by default in the software. For example:
  • Less visual clutter (25 post counts, join dates, etc. per page)
  • More focus on the content of the post itself
  • Less chance of post count being used as an signal of the post's quality or member's stature
As you mentioned, hovering your cursor over an avatar, or tapping it on a mobile device brings up the member card which shows among other things:
  • Username and custom title
  • User-provided "location"
  • Last activity (if allowed by member's privacy settings)
  • Post count
  • Reaction score
  • Trophy points
  • Follow/Ignore/Start Conversation buttons
Initially I was thrown off by not seeing the post count as well. In time I've grown to prefer the (arguably) more modern approach to the UI the talented xenforo developers went with. Sometimes I do look at member cards. I guess the TL;DR is lots of info easily available, but not always in your face.

Just some food for thought. :)

Ok, I don't want to mess with progress :)

If I was able to change the default view for my own screen and account then I might, but I don't want to suggest changing it for everyone else.

BabyFacedFinster,
Top Bottom