Favourite Quotes

florduh

FXkBWf3VEAEC4I9

-Showrunner for The Boys

hinglemccringleberry

"Think for yourself. Question authority. That goes for the religious AND the atheist authorities, the ladder of which tend to frequent internet forums. Both types have rigid, fundamentalist views that are not to be trusted if your goal is to learn about the universe"
-Timothy Leary and me

Last edited:

florduh

Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.

James 5:1-6 NIV

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
“When you are not with where the majority of Americans are, then, you know, that is extreme. That is an extreme way of thinking,”
White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre

Very slippery slope today from the White House. I believe the most vocal proponents of most progressive movements are a definite minority. Afterall movements are established to change conventional thought/law. Women voting? Freeing slaves? LBTQ? All movements to change the way the majority were acting and thinking. This is a very dangerous place we are in today. Precedent and policy is being set and the pendulum swings both ways. Imagine if (God forbid) Trump gets back in office and uses these now established precidents and policies to go after the minorities. Today's statement reminds me of Che Guevara's famous line...

"Youth should learn to think and act as a mass. It is criminal to think as individuals!"
Che Guevara

Which reminds me of this famous quote:

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
George Santayana

florduh

“I have a little theory that I'd like to air here, if I may. What is it that you think makes you magicians? Is it because you are intelligent? Is it because you are brave and good? Is is because you're special?

Maybe. Who knows. But I'll tell you something: I think you're magicians because you're unhappy. A magician is strong because he feels pain. He feels the difference between what the world is and what he would make of it. Or what did you think that stuff in your chest was? A magician is strong because he hurts more than others. His wound is his strength.

Most people carry that pain around inside them their whole lives, until they kill the pain by other means, or until it kills them. But you, my friends, you found another way: a way to use the pain. To burn it as fuel, for light and warmth. You have learned to break the world that has tried to break you.”

― Lev Grossman, The Magicians

florduh,
Reactions: Planck
Top Bottom