Favorite Dry Mouthpiece

Scuba Steve Tokes

Hi everybody!

So the neck broke off my DHgate incycler hydratube and I decided on a matrix perc lynx hydratube to replace it. Yes I can still put a whip in the old one but I’ve always craved multiple hydratubes and the lynx is a two in one because I can easily attach a whip or mouthpiece.

This leaves me with a decision- what mouthpiece should I get to use with it? I’ve got a jhook but I’m looking for something that I don’t have to put my head so far down to hit.

I’m leaning toward the HydroBrick Maxx mouthpiece or the Pulse glass one that is a bit less angled because it looks like they would have a ton of airflow. There are also a couple of pieces on DHgate that may be suitable but I’m not sure about them because they are made with colored glass.

Please chime in with your favorite dry mouthpiece and I might end up getting them. I have included pictures of the mouthpieces I am considering currently.

Attachments

• 301AC2D9-283E-4969-96DF-1C2F2B3E0D84.jpeg
    301AC2D9-283E-4969-96DF-1C2F2B3E0D84.jpeg
    21.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 3F8AED5A-A1E6-4A4E-BDEC-4142598323D6.jpeg
    3F8AED5A-A1E6-4A4E-BDEC-4142598323D6.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 8
  • B24CE6C6-8D41-4878-9425-F2979694C6A6.png
    B24CE6C6-8D41-4878-9425-F2979694C6A6.png
    248.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 1C0AD89B-723F-49E9-9054-B1C11B09C7B7.png
    1C0AD89B-723F-49E9-9054-B1C11B09C7B7.png
    854.8 KB · Views: 8
Scuba Steve Tokes,

Scuba Steve Tokes

Good to know! This is exactly why I wanted to post this thread because I knew I would get useful input almost immediately.

Popularglass 5” vapexhale mouthpiece is out of the running! We have three good options left.

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: Easywider

maremaresing

Whoa where did you get that little bubbler?!! It's great.

On a related note; I've mentioned many times before that I miss the original hydratubes that opened at the top. The helio is great, but for a bubbler top I really want to be able to look down at it, and the top opening feels more natural and "bong like". In the last month I've been on a deeper dive than you can imagine on china sites and glassblowers and whatnot, with mixed results. I have a plan for that now if I want to go there, but I wanted a cheap proof of concept/stopgap first.

Since I have the rarely used Lynx, I wanted to start there. It's a really underrated hydratube. Finicky about water levels or it will splash up when you clear quickly, but works well.

If you want a "20mm glass top" mini waterpipe experience, an 18/18 female adapter is cheap and cheerful, but really isn't better than the sum of it's parts.

There is also a myriad of 18mm Female Bowls you can use as a mouthpiece. Some very cute:

You'd think the hole would be too small on a bowl to have good airflow, but it works fine. I wanted higher airflow and a more uniform mouthpiece for my first try, so I chose an glass dab dome of the right shape, size, and quality.

RyagaYd.jpg

First rip and I'm in love. It's very comfortable to use, and you can see right down at the bubbler and chambers. Any splashback that rarely happens ends up on the side of the glass sphere, never in your mouth. It's a total game changer and I forsee the EVO getting exponentially more use now.

Up til now I've rarely used water in the hydratubes. The Calyx is such a pain to full dry that I never want to use water in it. Plus, the Calyx has a bad habit of bonking me on the teeth every time I lift it off. I did not like it. The Lynx, on the other hand, is easy to fill, clean, and dry. With this mouthpiece I want to go back and back for more room filling rips.

I've been using the glass dome as a mouthpiece for a couple weeks now and it's all I ever want to use. Even the helio has gone into storage. Perfect height with the lynx to use while sitting, and very comfortable. It's natural to use, and you can look down at the vapor comfortably.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I do not like wide flared mouthpieces, hard to get a good seal, something narrower is best... Why not go for something with extra cooling? Though this is not narrow

maremaresing

I don't like the abrupt cut off at the end of that. Seems like it would be uncomfortable. You don't need extra cooling after vapor goes through a lynx. Even dry, the vapor comes out ice cold.

Not that extra fun attachments are a bad thing. I'm curious to know how well the vigreux works on it's own with the evo.

maremaresing,

Shit Snacks

I don't like the abrupt cut off at the end of that. Seems like it would be uncomfortable. You don't need extra cooling after vapor goes through a lynx. Even dry, the vapor comes out ice cold.

Not that extra fun attachments are a bad thing. I'm curious to know how well the vigreux works on it's own with the evo.

Yeah I don't know what the lynx is anyway lol but yeah I am actually having Phineas make me a custom version that has a tapered mouthpiece like the puff it up sipper bubbler... I also got this custom cooler from Oregon Glass Blower that is small with a bend, narrow with only a few cooling spikes, makes a great mouthpiece for anything...

Screenshot-20200708-102420-2.png

Bossman also got one that is longer and wider diameter... The j hook thread has some other stuff aside from hooks btw

Bazinga

I have no experience with a jay-hook. What prevents the flower from entering your mouth?

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

I have no experience with a jay-hook. What prevents the flower from entering your mouth?

Haha you still use it with a WPA as the stem with basket screen! Just not in that photo...

Shit Snacks,

Scuba Steve Tokes

Those OGB jhooks look magnificent! Unfortunately I have been breaking glass like it’s my job recently so I’m so I personally am looking for something in the under $30 bracket.

Those are some fantastic dry mouthpieces though, no doubt about that! Maybe once I get an alter set up so the glass can always be over the table unless I’m cleaning it I will see if OGB is still taking orders for cooling jhooks like that. Those things are neat.

Scuba Steve Tokes,
Reactions: Easywider

Shit Snacks

Those OGB jhooks look magnificent! Unfortunately I have been breaking glass like it’s my job recently so I’m so I personally am looking for something in the under $30 bracket.

Those are some fantastic dry mouthpieces though, no doubt about that! Maybe once I get an alter set up so the glass can always be over the table unless I’m cleaning it I will see if OGB is still taking orders for cooling jhooks like that. Those things are neat.

Even if you can get one without the spikes, it's the right angle bend that really offers a lot of cooling, but understandably more expensive to acquire usually... Good luck, I imagine whatever you find will have more of the mouthpieces you've seen so far...

Top Bottom