Fast & heavy home hitter

lwien

Coming from someone who has owned and used both the LSV and SSV, I preferred the LSV both dry and through water. Granted the LSV is harsher dry because of the shorter vapor path, but it also provides thicker better tasting hits quicker. When you do want to pair it with water, the LSV is miles ahead of the other 2 7th floor models

A total "ditto" on this. I prefer my LSV over the DBV I had both for water and dry. I just don't like passing my vapor through a long plastic/rubber/silicone whip. To me, that whip not only affects the taste but provides too much cool surface area for condensation to take place. I'll take the all glass vapor path any day, and yeah, it can be a bit harsh using the transfer wand due to the shorter vapor path but I'm altered my hitting technique by puffing on the wand like you would would a cigar.............all harshness gone.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I just don't like passing my vapor through a long plastic/rubber/silicone whip. To me, that whip not only affects the taste but provides too much cool surface area for condensation to take place. I'll take the all glass vapor path any day

you can use all glass wands on the DBV... the LSV transfer wand will work or you can get a custom all glass wand made like i did. i still use my DBV when my cloud has been off and i don't feel like waiting the 20 min for it to heat up. i grab my all glass wand and enjoy the pure taste and huge hits that my DBV can give

mmenzie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lwien

you can use all glass wands on the DBV... the LSV transfer wand will work or you can get a custom all glass wand made like i did. i still use my DBV when my cloud has been off and i don't feel like waiting the 20 min for it to heat up. i grab my all glass wand and enjoy the pure taste and huge hits that my DBV can give

That sounds like it would be kinda awkward. Do you elevate the DBV to head level or do you get on your knees to hit it, which....................achhh.........nevermind. ;)

But yeah, the transfer wand can work with the DBV as well. One of the beauties about 7th Floor in that most all of their accessories are interchangeable between all of their vaporizers.

mmenzie

That sounds like it would be kinda awkward. Do you elevate the DBV to head level or do you get on your knees to hit it, which....................achhh.........nevermind. ;)

i don't know the exact measurements but my custom wand is a normal DBV wand with a long straight extension like the LSV transfer wand but then it angles upwards. i use my DBV on my desk so its perfect for me.... no awkward head tipping. no picking up the DBV. just lean in, take a tasty rip, lean back and enjoy

mmenzie,

lwien

i don't know the exact measurements but my custom wand is a normal DBV wand with a long straight extension like the LSV transfer wand but then it angles upwards.

Ahh............can you post up a pic of that? Sounds like something 7th Floor should pick up on, eh? I mean, they offer a whip option for the LSV, so why not this?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
So if I get you right you think the only good options are

- e nano
- HI (which is what btw :D ? )

- SSV (as I want to use it dry too no LSV) - Herbalaire, Herborizer are only an option if I couldn't get the SSV/DB right?!

- MiniVape

- VapeXhale Evo

How would you rank those 3-5 for my purpose?
For your purpose? Enano, LSV (or DBV, I don't recommend the SSV), HI (it would be before the LSV but its not going to be easily had unless you act on that classifieds ad now), MiniVap, Evo

But I highly recommend the Hammer over all of these, even though its butane powered.

paytonpenn,

mmenzie

Ahh............can you post up a pic of that? Sounds like something 7th Floor should pick up on, eh? I mean, they offer a whip option for the LSV, so why not this?

i recently deleted my pics off imgur and don't have copies anymore :(

mmenzie,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So if I get you right you think the only good options are

- e nano
- HI (which is what btw :D ? )

- SSV (as I want to use it dry too no LSV) - Herbalaire, Herborizer are only an option if I couldn't get the SSV/DB right?!

- MiniVape

- VapeXhale Evo

How would you rank those 3-5 for my purpose?

It is a bit difficult to rank without variables... the heaviest hitter is the Cloud, followed by the MV, but they cost much more than the others.

The herborizer has better flavour than SSV/DBV but it is all glass and needs a bong to be used or at least a glass adapter like a sherlock because the heater+bowl have a gong joint. The herbalaire is what i would choose if i only had the EU market to choose from and did not want to spend more than 200€.

The HI is the Heat Island, it is a log vape so it has a fixed temp but it runs hot but there is a waiting line although there is one on the classifieds for 135USD.

The Enano would be my choice over the 7th floor models if it was sold in the EU and 220V. The voltage converter is not expensive though, ~10USD but the certification remains the problem for you.

Judging from Lwien and others, it seems the harshness of the LSV dry is manageable but if i had one i would make a custom wand, shorter because it has better handling and bent to reduce harshness.

@Tweak, i only saw your question now... what i mean by making a dbv wand is to make a wand that is bent upward, with a good length like 30cm so you can it the DBV without the whip confortably.

Other improvements that could be made: They could find a kind of adapter to rest the wand between hits. They could also try to solve the issue of the wand getting stuck, it is very annoying to have your dbv wand stuck, waiting for it to cool down and unstuck it and meanwhile i can't vape... plus there is a risk of breaking the HC if you apply too much force.

Last edited:
vorrange,
Reactions: Osn Dosn

weedemon

enthusiast
ok, if you are willing to leave the vape on all day, then I think the sublimator would be a great option. if you don't wanna leave it on, then you would need the torch version instead of the electric one.

the sub can give you massive rips out of your bong, and do it with a small amount of medicine. it's expensive. but for what you described I think it would possibly fit the bill.

weedemon,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

You can use any detachable 18mm MP. I took this from one of my cheap chinese bubblers and replaced my transfer wand with it,

1477437_610976468961786_1126569273_n.jpg

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I guess I should just upload one of these 50 videos I recorded, would help convince people.

What are you waiting for? :D

I'll start.
SSV w/ .05 gs - Modded w/dual screens - Gone in just three hits. Preheats in 5 minutes or can be left on 24/7.

I never pack a full wand anymore. Takes forever to get through and too much material effects the draw.

It is a bit difficult to rank without variables... the heaviest hitter is the Cloud

There is this thread where different users ranked the hardest hitters they had, but I can't find it now. Results where all over the place.

My SSV standard hits heavier than my VXC, no joke. Just ask my wife, I have to warn her every time I switch over to the SSV or she will over-draw and cough her lungs out. They are not even close. I can brown my material with just one hit.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
You're the first i heard saying that and it wouldn't make sense considering the the VXC regulates the temperature. The colour of the ABV is just one variable, i can brown my material in my HI in one hit as well.

I'm not saying you're not being truthfull but it doesn't make sense in a logical way.

vorrange,

mmenzie

You're the first i heard saying that and it wouldn't make sense considering the the VXC regulates the temperature. The colour of the ABV is just one variable, i can brown my material in my HI in one hit as well.

I'm not saying you're not being truthfull but it doesn't make sense in a logical way.

i don't think he is that far off... i have a cloud and a DBV and i will tell you the cloud beats out my DBV for heavy hits only by a MARGINAL amount!! i get HUGE hits from my DBV.

mmenzie,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm not questioning the big hits, i had a buddha as well. I'm questioning the "My SSV standard hits heavier than my VXC" since that is not what i heard from the majority of SSV users who got a cloud. And because of the heat retention and the temperature regulation.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
My LSV hits harder than any vape I have used. I haven't had the pleasure of an VXC yet though...

deadheadbill,
Reactions: Tweek

max

Out to lunch
I'm not questioning the big hits, i had a buddha as well. I'm questioning the "My SSV standard hits heavier than my VXC" since that is not what i heard from the majority of SSV users who got a cloud.
SSV and Cloud/EVO have been my two big hitters. While I have fond memories of my SSV sessions, I haven't used it since I got the Cloud, and that was way back when the very 1st beta versions were released. That doesn't mean someone else wouldn't prefer the SSV hits though. As for the DBV, it can also provide huge hits, but a much larger heater cover opening means the hits are generally less rich but also more predictable, since the gong connection makes for even heating of the bowl contents.

One is designed to cool vapor via tubing, while the other uses water, so not really an apples to apples comparison. That said, the SSV will provide a higher vapor to air ratio due to the narrow stream of hot air the standard heater cover provides. In my experience it's hard to beat the SSV for vapor rich hits that are also big and not scorching hot due to a short vapor path. It's also true that the big SSV hits can be somewhat unpredictable and hard to handle. How much you load and how much you move the wand around to redirect the air flow can make a big difference in what kind of hit you get. It's certain possible to get more vapor in a hit, vs. the Cloud/EVO, but some may also need lungs the size of a horse to hold/process those huge hits. The EVO hits aren't going to be quite as thick for the most part, but much more predictable and easier to process. It's also much easier to recover from the hit and go on to the next. My biggest SSV hits would make my lungs say 'enough!', limiting my vapor consumption for that particular session. With the Cloud the cooler, more predictable hits allowed me to take another big hit right away, putting me in a state of 'highness' I couldn't achieve with the SSV without making the process torture for my lungs. EVO hits are also more predictable/easier to handle due to the ability to maintain temp even when you hit really hard. Draw speed is much more of a factor when you have to be nice to the heating element and not overcome it.

I went straight from the SSV to Cloud beta, and my first session with the Cloud allowed me to get more wrecked than I'd been in many years, and without making my eyes water or torturing my lungs. So IMO there's more to a big hitter than just how much vapor it can produce in one hit. Someone with bigger and younger lungs than mine may prefer the SSV as a big hitter, but nothing I've ever used can get me to the level of 'stonedness' that the Cloud/EVO provides. Granted I've never used other big hitters like the Sub or Herbalizer, but for me, the EVO satisfies so thoroughly that I'm just not interested in investing in another pricy model.

Osn Dosn

It is a bit difficult to rank without variables... the heaviest hitter is the Cloud, followed by the MV, but they cost much more than the others.

The herborizer has better flavour than SSV/DBV but it is all glass and needs a bong to be used or at least a glass adapter like a sherlock because the heater+bowl have a gong joint. The herbalaire is what i would choose if i only had the EU market to choose from and did not want to spend more than 200€.

The HI is the Heat Island, it is a log vape so it has a fixed temp but it runs hot but there is a waiting line although there is one on the classifieds for 135USD.

The Enano would be my choice over the 7th floor models if it was sold in the EU and 220V. The voltage converter is not expensive though, ~10USD but the certification remains the problem for you.

So..back ranking :D

If I get you right your's would look like that (not taking costs and issues in account atm):

1. Evo
2. MiniVape
3. E Nano
4. SSV/LSV

and then there's

For your purpose? Enano, LSV (or DBV, I don't recommend the SSV), HI (it would be before the LSV but its not going to be easily had unless you act on that classifieds ad now), MiniVap, Evo

But I highly recommend the Hammer over all of these, even though its butane powered.

so

1. E Nano
2. LSV
[i exclude the hi]
3. MiniVap
4. Evo

..so the Top2 and Last2 just swapped seats :D

....and I started this 30mins ago, had so much to say but vaped and read elsewhere too much in the meantime and now by brain hurts from all of this and I need munchies hmkay

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

How so? As max states, the opening of the SSV is fairly small, only 2mm in diameter. The SSV uses a 60 or 40 watt heater, about the same as the E-Nano. 7th floor has stated the Ceramic heating element will reach upwards of 900 degrees, heck they use these heaters in Soldering Irons.

It's also true that the big SSV hits can be somewhat unpredictable and hard to handle.

Exactly, but you state it more eloquently, :clap:.

The EVO hits aren't going to be quite as thick for the most part, but much more predictable and easier to process.

100% in agreement. The Cloud is just a more even and predictable session. It's like magic that hit after hit is just as thick as the the first one.

I went straight from the SSV to Cloud beta, and my first session with the Cloud allowed me to get more wrecked than I'd been in many years

Maybe because of my huge lungs but I'm the opposite. The SSV high is much more intense than my VXC. I sometimes prefer to "feel" the vapor. Maybe its psychological. :shrug:

Either way I love them both and mix them up when I can.

You are never going to get a proper ranking. I would suggest you narrow it down to form factor, what you are most comfortable with using. I know it's hard without putting your hands on them. That is why so many members here have owned multiple vapes.

I was turned off by having to hold the LSV to use it, didn't trust myself in not dropping it so I went with the SSV. You might prefer it and may already have some nice glass that would work beautifully. I would probably change my mind if I could use one.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
[...]
(not taking costs and issues in account atm)
[...]
1. E Nano
2. LSV
[i exclude the hi]
3. MiniVap
4. Evo
My list was formed taking costs and size in account, I initially mentioned the Hammer because it would be the quickest IMO to actually finish a load, along with it being the least expensive and most convenient (portable).

What are you waiting for? :D
My video below shows a 3 minute session, including the heat up,

"Finished" product
nlh2AU0.jpg

EDIT:
@Tweak one day I will buy a real camera, I too dislike that and if my Galaxy S2 had better recording options I would definitely be working with a fixed focus. I will see what I can do for future videos though.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Nice Video, I really enjoyed it!! I like the split screen. One nitpick for future videos :whip:, is there a way for you to lock the focus or manual focus? Sorry if I'm sounding like a a$$, really not trying to be, just trying to help. :D

That was a quick session. It takes me that long to find my grinder, :bang:.

I already decided for the E-Nano, but as I'm living in the EU I could get in trouble with it at the customs due to it's lack of a CE certification..

Would it be possible for Andy to send it to you in pieces and have you re-assemble it? :evil::evil:
But I guess that might get him into trouble, :shrug:.

Tweak,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Where's the UD love at? I just loaded a tiny amount, milked the straight tube 8 times and am now immensely enjoying this thread. Only took about about 2 mins.

Top Bottom