FakeXhale Cloud (Unauthorized and Unsupported)

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Been thinking about this long and hard - decided not to go for it. Reasons: A bit risky e.g., may be short-lived due to defect; no return or warranty; I have a Solo that does everything the VXL does, w/o a cord (and more) in a smaller form factor; I could get another Solo for a few bucks more. Nope...don't need it:shrug:...I'm good to go:nod:.

I do wish the best for those that go for it. A good deal if all goes well!:wave:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I love my Solo but...this may be a bit of a stretch :2c:
I admit to being naive about the VXL, having never used one. I'm interested to know how the VXL excels over the Solo. Maybe I'll go for one if there's some advantage. :nod:

VAPORIZER22

I admit to being naive about the VXL, having never used one. I'm interested to know how the VXL excels over the Solo. Maybe I'll go for one if there's some advantage. :nod:

I love my solo, and I had never used a Cloud until Tuesday. I have an EVO, but the results should be close when compared to the Cloud +, and I have to say that the Solo can not medicate me to the same level the EVO does. After taking my first two hits from the EVO at the noon setting I had a medicated feeling I had not had in years.

Now, I am not saying you should buy one since you have concerns about the longevity, but as far as it excelling over the Solo, IMO that should not be a concern for you.

way2

I've never used/seen a VXL product. However in general I'd say it's tough to compare a battery powered portable (even with a PA) to a desktop plug-in.

jeff

Mine shipped from PA, a few hours from my house. Explains the fast delivery to me. Also, mine arrived days before the expected delivery date on my shipping notice.
Yeah it says it is coming from PA. Tracking says still in PA.

I could see leaving it on for 15 or 20 min having a big effect. Seems like the EVO doesn't need this. I know there is a huge difference if I leave my EQ on for 20-30 vs when it says it is up to temp. Why my EQ runs 24/7.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I've never used/seen a VXL product. However in general I'd say it's tough to compare a battery powered portable (even with a PA) to a desktop plug-in.
From what little i know, the VXL doesn't achieve temps any differently (other than taking longer) than the Solo, and has a similar temp range. The Solo gets to temp in less than 90 seconds, and refreshes between draws very quickly. The VXL needs a lot more time to get primed to temp, as I understand it. Solo vapor density is lung busting in it's own right, and herb consumption efficiency makes a little go a very long way. With a PWT or bubbler, the Solo has next to no draw restriction and the clouds are huge. I'm not getting the big advantage vs. a plug-in? :shrug: Please, I seek enlightenment:bowdown:

Last edited:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
From what little i know, the VXL doesn't achieve temps any differently (other than taking longer) than the Solo, and has a similar temp range. The Solo gets to temp in less than 90 seconds, and refreshes between draws very quickly. The VXL needs a lot more time to get primed to temp, as I understand it. Solo vapor density is lung busting in it's own right, and herb consumption efficiency makes a little go a very long way. I'm not getting the big advantage vs. a plug-in? :shrug: Please, I seek enlightenment:bowdown:
Yes, they both work, but it's not about a black and white "does it get it all out" question. It's, how does it get it out. The vapor quality, and overall experience of the Cloud are the difference. First, it's a different style of vaporizing in a way, being true convection. It has unrivaled heat retention, and the lack of restriction in the draw allows for use that mimics the act of smoking through a bong, etc. It's adaptability to any number of water pieces, and the ability to actually use those pieces to their fullest ability.

You can't hit a solo through a water pipe and get it to fire the way it will with a Cloud pulling through it, and once you've used something as free-flowing, yet cloud producing as, the Cloud, it just doesn't feel right any other way.

Others can elaborate, and I'm sure what I'm saying isn't on point. But, I'll say this, while yes, most all of the decent vapes on the market will work, and do work just fine, if you had them all in your medicine cabinet, barring circumstances, or specific preferences, the average person IMO would go for the Cloud, 9 out of 10 times.

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
From what little i know, the VXL doesn't achieve temps any differently (other than taking longer) than the Solo, and has a similar temp range. The Solo gets to temp in less than 90 seconds, and refreshes between draws very quickly. The VXL needs a lot more time to get primed to temp, as I understand it. Solo vapor density is lung busting in it's own right, and herb consumption efficiency makes a little go a very long way. With a PWT or bubbler, the Solo has next to no draw restriction and the clouds are huge. I'm not getting the big advantage vs. a plug-in? :shrug: Please, I seek enlightenment:bowdown:

This may sound cliche, but you have to experience it to understand it. All vaporizers produce vapor at certain temperatures, but I believe we can all agree that all vaporizers are not created equal. The Solo is a hell of a machine. The Cloud/EVO eats the Solo for breakfast.

I was of the same mindset. How could something top my LSV? Sometimes the answer is, it just does.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
You can't hit a solo through a water pipe and get it to fire the way it will with a Cloud pulling through it, and once you've used something as free-flowing, yet cloud producing as, the Cloud, it just doesn't feel right any other way.
This may sound cliche, but you have to experience it to understand it. All vaporizers produce vapor at certain temperatures, but I believe we can all agree that all vaporizers are not created equal. The Solo is a hell of a machine. The Cloud/EVO eats the Solo for breakfast.

I was of the same mindset. How could something top my LSV? Sometimes the answer is, it just does.
Now this is the type of info I'm looking for! ..albeit subjective.

Based on previous posts somewhere above, these cheap ebay units have a more restricted draw than the legit OEM units, and less-than-stellar heat and cloud production, at least in those units just received. I will wait for the real McCoy!

Thanks for the good help!

lwien

How could something top my LSV? Sometimes the answer is, it just does.

That is...............if it still works. ;)

Vito likes his LSV better than the Cloud, but it seems that that may just be an anomaly. He also doesn't like hitting his vapor through water, so that also has to be factored in.

My question is, is in what way is the Cloud better than the LSV? And considering the cost difference and considering the difference in complexity which has a direct relation to reliability, is the Cloud really worth the difference in the price of admission (talkin' about the EVO now)

Last edited:

Deadshort480

Based on previous posts somewhere above, these cheap ebay units have a more restricted draw than the legit OEM units, and less-than-stellar heat and cloud production, at least in those units just received. I will wait for the real McCoy!

I think you misunderstand. These are not fakes or counterfeits. These are Cloud + units. The cloud production is easily on par with my EVO as is the extraction. The restriction is tighter on my EVO than the Cloud + I just received.

That is...............if it still works. ;)
Well I started with the EVO and bought one of these cheap Cloud +s as a backup, but have been more than happy with it. I'm not worried about being Cloudless, but I will not sell my LSV. Trust me though, the Cloud/EVO kind of bullies around my LSV. I love my LSV, but it stands within the shadow of the Cloud/EVO.

EDIT: Damnit! Sorry for the back to back posts, mods.

mod note: Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Last edited by a moderator:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I think you misunderstand. These are not fakes or counterfeits. These are Cloud + units. The cloud production is easily on par with my EVO as is the extraction. The restriction is tighter on my EVO than the Cloud + I just received.
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I had the draw restriction issue bass ackwards. I knew they weren't counterfeit, just not up to OEM spec somehow, hence current litigation. Anyway... if the Cloud+ is that good, I'll wait to get the upcoming new & improved model. I like having the best! Can't wait!!!

Last edited:

jeff

Well I started with the EVO and bought one of these cheap Cloud +s as a backup, but have been more than happy with it. I'm not worried about being Cloudless, but I will not sell my LSV. Trust me though, the Cloud/EVO kind of bullies around my LSV. I love my LSV, but it stands within the shadow of the Cloud/EVO.

EDIT: Damnit! Sorry for the back to back posts, mods.
Cloud EVo >cloud+>LSV?

jeff,

lwien

I added a bit to my previous post, DS. Could you address that? Thanks.

lwien,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

As @Deadshort480 says, they are legit units...and the restriction isn't a bad thing, but it is more restricted than my OG (original, no +) model Cloud. All Cloud+ had a more restricted airpath though. It's just not what I am used to. After another whole day with it (two days?) lol, I am no longer noticing the restriction, and I don't think I'll really miss extra flow.

Wonderful explanation!
I added a bit to my previous post, DS. Could you address that? Thanks.
Not to steal from DS, but look into @IAmKrazy2's posts about the LSV Vs the Cloud. I think one aspect, is the Clouds ease of use/slightly better durability? Either way, between DS's inevitable reply, and what IamKrazy has posted, you should get a good picture.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My question is, is in what way is the Cloud better than the LSV? And considering the cost difference and considering the difference in complexity which has a direct relation to reliability, is the Cloud really worth the difference in the price of admission (talkin' about the EVO now)
Perpetuheat heating system. The Cloud (and to an even greater extent the Evo) has the edge here over the analog ceramic heater of the LSV. It's not the biggest difference in the world, but it is noticeable IME.

:peace:

Deadshort480

As I said, I won't sell my LSV. I love it. As I'm typing this, I am using my LSV while in my hotel room. As much as I love my LSV, I just have to admit that the Cloud/EVO works better for me. Iwish I could explain the science behind it, but I ain't no mathemagician.

I think it can be safely said that I prefer water filtration so these two units are a no brainer. I can't put it more plainly than this, after over a year of using the LSV daily it took me one night with the EVO to know it does what the LSV does, but better. More even extraction and a fuller extraction in a shorter amount of time and in fewer hits. A load that would have taken me quite a few hits to finish with the LSV is done in two or three huuuuge clouds that get me more lifted than the many hits from the LSV. For me, it just works better with no hot spots or swirling to worry about.

Now, that said... I like getting rocked hard and fast. I understand your vaping habits, Lwien. For someone who uses the LSV in the manner you do with small loads as you do, the EVO may not be for you. It can handle small loads with ease, but the extraction is so fast and thorough that the multiple hits you will pull with the LSV is just one with the EVO.

lwien

Perpetuheat heating system. The Cloud (and to an even greater extent the Evo) has the edge here over the analog ceramic heater of the LSV. It's not the biggest difference in the world, but it is noticeable IME.

:peace:

Ok, that's the feature. Now gimmie the benefit. ;)

Edit: NM. DS just gave it to me.

lwien

.....no hot spots or swirling to worry about.

Gottcha. The LSV does do an uneven burn, if you will. Lotsa swirling and stirring.

Now, that said... I like getting rocked hard and fast. I understand your vaping habits, Lwien. For someone who uses the LSV in the manner you do with small loads as you do, the EVO may not be for you. It can handle small loads with ease, but the extraction is so fast and thorough that the multiple hits you will pull with the LSV is just one with the EVO.

Yeah, but my lungs can only take so much and as I said in a few posts back, the LSV can provide me with MORE than I could ever possibly think of handling, and that's not just from a desire pov, but rather how much my lungs can take in at any one time.

Top Bottom