• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fake News

florduh

EcXuD5tXYAUHFLj.jpg
That reminds me...

Fox News says it 'mistakenly' edited Trump out of a photo with Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell

5f035535f34d0572d655c0a7

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mod Note:
Let's agree this is a forum dedicated to cannabis consumption. People like to express things that are happening in their lives, but discussion of politics causes disruptions in the Force. Please consider posting your political content elsewhere. It's not like there is a lack of sites dedicated to politics. Please: Peace with Pot

florduh

Mod Note:
Let's agree this is a forum dedicated to cannabis consumption. People like to express things that are happening in their lives, but discussion of politics causes disruptions in the Force. Please consider posting your political content elsewhere. It's not like there is a lack of sites dedicated to politics. Please: Peace with Pot

I apologize. But my post seems very much in line with everything else I've seen in this thread.

florduh,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Ghislaine Maxwell Dies of Massive Paper Cuts in Jail

Federal officials had put special protocols in place for Ghislaine Maxwell while she was locked up, including giving her paper clothes so she didn’t suffer the same fate as the man she allegedly enabled, Jeffrey Epstein.

Last edited:
macbill,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Ghislaine Maxwell Dies of Massive Paper Cuts in Jail

Federal officials had put special protocols in place for Ghislaine Maxwell while she was locked up, including giving her paper clothes so she didn’t suffer the same fate as the man she allegedly enabled, Jeffrey Epstein.

I feel very stupid for trying to click on this article, since it's more or less exactly what I expect to happen in the very near future.

Tranquility

Tranquility

NBC Contributor Reveals He Never Had Coronavirus After Network Documented His Recovery

An NBC medical expert who was brought on air nearly a dozen times to detail his struggle with COVID-19 never had the virus, he revealed this week.

After believing he had the coronavirus in spite of getting negative tests, virologist and NBC News science contributor Dr. Joseph Fair tweeted Tuesday that he had tested negative for the antibodies and that the illness that hospitalized him in May "remains an undiagnosed mystery." Steve Krakauer reported on the developments for his Fourth Watch newsletter.

Tranquility

Bari Weiss resignation letter to New York Times
But the lessons that ought to have followed the election—lessons about the importance of understanding other Americans, the necessity of resisting tribalism, and the centrality of the free exchange of ideas to a democratic society—have not been learned. Instead, a new consensus has emerged in the press, but perhaps especially at this paper: that truth isn’t a process of collective discovery, but an orthodoxy already known to an enlightened few whose job is to inform everyone else.

Twitter is not on the masthead of The New York Times. But Twitter has become its ultimate editor. As the ethics and mores of that platform have become those of the paper, the paper itself has increasingly become a kind of performance space. Stories are chosen and told in a way to satisfy the narrowest of audiences, rather than to allow a curious public to read about the world and then draw their own conclusions. I was always taught that journalists were charged with writing the first rough draft of history. Now, history itself is one more ephemeral thing molded to fit the needs of a predetermined narrative.

Read the whole thing for how real can become fake.

Tranquility

Seeing a lot of "deep fake" news lately. The first is a pretty cool one where they took Nixon's prepared speech for if Apollo astronauts had died on the moon and made a deepfake of him giving it.
‘Deepfake’ Nixon Video Discusses A Moon-Landing Disaster That Never Happened

But some of it is just how worried we should be over the upcoming election.
Deepfakes threaten the 2020 election

I wonder if it is battle space preparation? Is Ghislane going to show some nasty videos of important people? Time will tell.

florduh

My favorite part of the Feds acting like Pinochet-esque snatch and grab squads is that they pick up their kidnap vans from Enterprise. I don't think I've ever received a car from them with less than 70,000 miles and didn't smell like a moldy ashtray. At least these paramilitaries are being responsible with my tax dollars.

Tranquility

Not just faking the news any more.

Fox Sports to add virtual crowds to MLB ballparks
Fox Sports announced Thursday it will include computer-generated fans in otherwise empty stadiums for its telecasts this season, starting on Saturday.
“We believe that what we’re doing is creating a natural viewing experience,” said Fox Sports Vice President Brad Zager. “Sports is supposed to be an escape and when people have that escape we want it to feel as normal as possible when there’s very little normalcy, like a crowd at a baseball game on a Saturday."
"We’re not looking to fool everyone. We know it is a virtual crowd. But we also know how jarring watching a game in an empty stadium is on TV," Zager added.

Fake, but natural. Kinda like "Fake, but accurate."
------------

As to "snatch and grab" squads, let's all remember violating federal law is illegal. Federal officers snatch and grab people committing illegal acts all the time. Not only that, they enforce other government orders as well by taking people into custody. If someone has a story of a disappearance or other thing that is even remotely related to what happened under Pinochet, I would love to hear it. Every single story I've heard is from a person who seems to have been processed as a person arrested or detained by a federal officer would be processed. Is there any source, reliable or not, you have that indicates anyone is being disappeared?

[Border patrol agents snatching and grabbing people has not just been invented.]
2000-Elian-Gonzalez1.jpg

Tranquility,

florduh

As to "snatch and grab" squads, let's all remember violating federal law is illegal.

Who has ever claimed otherwise? But Federal Officers don't generally dress up in their Call of Duty Halloween costumes and rent vans from America's shittiest rental car company. Their actions sure looked like a paramilitary kidnap squad's. In the future maybe they need to use FBI vehicles and identify themselves as Federal officers. Even the stormtrooper in your picture is clearly wearing a border patrol uniform.

florduh,
Reactions: Planck

Tranquility

Who has ever claimed otherwise? But Federal Officers don't generally dress up in their Call of Duty Halloween costumes and rent vans from America's shittiest rental car company. Their actions sure looked like a paramilitary kidnap squad's. In the future maybe they need to use FBI vehicles and identify themselves as Federal officers. Even the stormtrooper in your picture is clearly wearing a border patrol uniform.
You'd rather tanks like Waco?

If the complaint is appearances, I am unimpressed. If the complaint is illegal activity, the victims should make it. In court. I'm sure they'd find someone to represent them in this environment. If there is a complaint of widespread illegal activity I've not heard the claim yet.

To bring it back to fake news and note the clearly identified border patrol agent detaining Elian at gunpoint in the picture:
Unidentified Federal Agents Are Detaining Protesters in Portland

What's the picture at the top of the article?
36268f7317b3d89f028b34d88ac4725d66-portland-troops.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

I know that while I don't believe there is a rule having to wear identifying insignia when acting in an official capacity, if I had to sue this guy I bet we could identify him pretty easily. Maybe just by the number on the sleeve.

Tranquility,

florduh

1) You need to relax. I was making a joke based on @macbill 's post. About Enterprise rental car's shitty service.

2) The option is either shitty unmarked vans from Enterprise or tanks? You're being silly.

3) No, I don't think the image you just posted should be seen in any American city.

florduh,

Tranquility

1) You need to relax. I was making a joke based on @macbill 's post. About Enterprise rental car's shitty service.

2) The option is either shitty unmarked vans from Enterprise or tanks? You're being silly.

3) No, I don't think the image you just posted should be seen in any American city.
1. You made a joke comparing current federal law enforcement practices with a murderous regime in it.
2. So, it's not the marking that bothers you.
3. That is a perfectly fine opinion. Would you prefer that or riots? Because, even with all the peaceful protest fairy dust getting spread around, these are not tea parties where people clean up after. Some prefer "law and order" and if the cities don't get the destruction under control, Trump will win 47 states. (All while knowing "law and order" is a specific political strategy populists love and Trump is getting on board with.)

Tranquility,

florduh

The option is either riots, or Feds riding around in Enterprise vans dressed like they're headed to Kabul. Got it.

florduh,

Summer

Long Island, NY
The military said that these are the same uniforms worn during Katrina & nobody complained then.

Summer,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The military said that these are the same uniforms worn during Katrina & nobody complained then.

During Katrina, the military werent throwing tear gas at flood victims. People generally dont complain if they're being helped, but they do complain if they're being shot at with rubber bullets or tear gas cannisters.

Anyway, some actual fake news for us all -

My neighbour thinks Im filming him because of the CCTV camera in my window. Its there to stop all the drunks from pissing against my house, and its been very effective.

Its just a lump of plastic with a battery and an led light in it, not a camera at all! FAKE NEWS!

florduh

florduh,

Tranquility

Like I said. I'm impressed by the Feds fiscal responsibility here. They picked up their kidnap vans from America's shittiest rental car company.

Another example of fake news. Enterprise is one of the best.

Top Ten Best Car Rental Companies
Hint: Enterprise #1

Best (and worst) rental car companies, according to J.D. Power survey
On a scale of 1,000 points, Hertz topped the list at 856, narrowly edging out Enterprise with 855.

Carbibles Best Car Rental Companies in 2020

florduh

Fair enough. In my personal experience, they're the worst. I always receive cleaner, newer vehicles from National/Alamo.

florduh,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom