Extraction - how dark does your AVB get?

How dark is your AVB / extraction?

• Dark dark, closest to the left pile of AVB

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Getting dark, between the left & middle pile of AVB

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Medium brown or so, similar to the middle pile of AVB

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Light bown, can still see some green bits, similar to the right pile of AVB

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters

Sativapo

I have a kind of ocd as I decided not to reuse my avb. So if it's not dark brown, at least like the picture above, I feel I'm waisting. I agree that it depends on vape, flower but also on grind. It can always get dark without combusting by raising the temperature to just before combustion but sometimes it doesn't realy worth it because what remains is a mini puf ( with a good ball vape for example). I still dot it though...
I feel that the body effects are kind of going with the darkness of the avb not the cerebral ones. For me it's kind of part of the hobby to manage the art of stopping before combustion for the body while beginning kind of medium/low for the taste.

Last edited:
Sativapo,
Reactions: CANtalk

hoptimum

I'm a medium AVB kinda guy most days. Sometimes I'll go more light, and less often more dark, but I typically am right in the middle. I have over a pound of AVB that I really need to make into oil.
You might consider an infusion with MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil. It's essentially liquid coconut oil that is easily absorbed. All you need is a crock pot with a low setting and about 3-4 hours to keep an eye on it as it slowly simmers on low. And maybe some cheese cloth to strain it. I prefer it to alcohol tinctures (no burn) and regular coconut oil, and its very shelf stable.

SquirrelMaster

You might consider an infusion with MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil. It's essentially liquid coconut oil that is easily absorbed. All you need is a crock pot with a low setting and about 3-4 hours to keep an eye on it as it slowly simmers on low. And maybe some cheese cloth to strain it. I prefer it to alcohol tinctures (no burn) and regular coconut oil, and its very shelf stable.
You just described my routine lol. I like to mix in water, let it seperate and repeat, to improve the taste. I won't be able to consume the entirety of my next batch so I'm going to get a lot of friends and family fucked up lol.

Top Bottom