EVOLV Cricket

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
For sure if you are going to share with anyone Cricket is not the device, and if I had to choose one especially for a dab noob friend it would be Proxy. I‘m happy that I’m fortunate enough t have both!

For sure it is use case limited, that is the one thing any prospective buyer must know up front. But if the use case fits, it’s really hard to beat!

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I’ve been wanting a hard hitting ultra portable concentrate device for at least the last six months. I own the proxy but, the pipe thing and circle lights is definitely pretty obvious and draws attention.

I finally found this brand new on sale plus $30 off. it arrives tomorrow and I’m super excited to see what this things about. Also, curious about the new Focus V.

Pinehurst

I’ve been wanting a hard hitting ultra portable concentrate device for at least the last six months. I own the proxy but, the pipe thing and circle lights is definitely pretty obvious and draws attention.

I finally found this brand new on sale plus $30 off. it arrives tomorrow and I’m super excited to see what this things about. Also, curious about the new Focus V.
Honestly, you should have looked at the Focus V Aeris. I don't know how they are going to meditate the mess in the mouthpiece but it looks like it solves a few of the Crickets biggest issues. Its a bit larger but still very portable.

I loved my Cricket but I just couldn't live with all the shortcomings and tradeoffs

LAWTHEONE

Thanks for the advice. I wanted something that was pocketable and didn’t require a terp pearl if at all possible. I want to dab small amounts. I also really love that I can carry my materials and dabber tool all inside of the unit. That’s a major plus for me. Hopefully I can get it fine tuned to where the mess is tolerable.

I was also thinking about the lightning pen and the new Puffco plus. The focus V looks very appealing! I can’t stand Terp pearls especially on the go. But who knows. Everyone who got that unit isn’t sharing the feedback yet.

I

LAWTHEONE,
Reactions: Smknbud

Pinehurst

Thanks for the advice. I wanted something that was pocketable and didn’t require a terp pearl if at all possible. I want to dab small amounts. I also really love that I can carry my materials and dabber tool all inside of the unit. That’s a major plus for me. Hopefully I can get it fine tuned to where the mess is tolerable.

I was also thinking about the lightning pen and the new Puffco plus. The focus V looks very appealing! I can’t stand Terp pearls especially on the go. But who knows. Everyone who got that unit isn’t sharing the feedback yet.

I
Ahhh, I didn't realize the Focus needed pearls. That's crap.

I do hope you enjoy the Cricket. Its truly an amazing piece of engineering.

Can't wait for Evolv to make a dry herb vape

Pinehurst,
Reactions: LAWTHEONE

LAWTHEONE

I’m not 100% sure about the Focus. They say it has the same atomizer as the Carta 2? I’ve never used that particular device. I’m just assuming.

I’m definitely thrilled about not needing to manage a a dirty terp pearl on the go. 🙏🏾 the Cricket is going to have what I need.

LAWTHEONE,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’m not 100% sure about the Focus. They say it has the same atomizer as the Carta 2? I’ve never used that particular device. I’m just assuming.

I’m definitely thrilled about not needing to manage a a dirty terp pearl on the go. 🙏🏾 the Cricket is going to have what I need.

The KEY to the Cricket is TINY loads, and very LIGHT inhale. I have no problem wiping the tub clean with a qtip, and often use my set “cap off” temp, to warm it while wiping. The biggest downside is cleaning the VERY THIN glass MP. If you search on my posts in this thread, you will see what I now use to clean that. ENJOY!

HERE IS THE LINK:

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

My Cricket landed today. Put it on the charger and it had zero battery, but charged within an hour. The first thing I noticed is it definitely feels like a high quality unit. I calibrated the unit then loaded it up. The piece I put in was like barely a flake (for science). Set it to 515 and man was it a satisfying hit considering I thought it wasn’t going to do anything. Next, I lowered it to 490 and put about a BB And it took two hits to clear, taste great, really smooth, and impressive clouds! The next one I turned up to 535 and put a BB and 1/2 or maybe 3/4. Huge clouds and impressively not very much cleanup. Luckily I’ve read the threads and I pulled way slower than I would normally. The smaller loads barely needed any wiping at all. The effects are really nice and I’m extremely happy with my purchase. It fits my needs perfectly. Still need a few months going hard to really tell. But so far so good.

I got my purchase from Headshop.com $130 off the reg price, not blemished. They have it listed for $100 less then it’s listed on Evolv site, and I used a coupon code for 10% off.

We gone c 🔥👊🏾💪🏾

LAWTHEONE

After the first day all I can say is WOW! For the first time since I can’t even remember, I did not consume any flower. This wasn’t done with intention. I just was having so much fun and extremely medicated.

Yesterday I consumed approximately 12 dabs through this device. I was more medicated than I have been in a VERY long time. And I know you’re thinking well fool you had 12 dabs! But let me explain. What I’ve realize is that my normal dab is about three times the size of what I need to put in the Cricket. So those 12 dabs were really 4 dabs in most of my other devices. Those 12 dabs over the course of eight hours 👊🏾DESTROYED 👊🏾me. If I had taken 3 dabs off of my other devices during that 8 hour I would have not been as nearly as medicated, and I would have had to use a lot more material.

You can turn the device down and get amazing flavor and sip slow, or you could turn it up and get a blast to the head. Last night I took a dab at 540° and it sent me into INSTANT couch lock. I literally could not move for what felt like 10 minutes easy. I am blown away by the power!💪🏾🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🌎🪐🌕

There are some rules that you MUST follow in order to have an enjoyable time. 1 do not overflow the bowl. 2 you have to draw extremely slow. 3 you have to do the cap off pre-melt.

I am ecstatic to have this in my collection. This device does a phenomenal job of making my super expensive concentrates go much further. This is the first device that I’ve ever considered sexy. I don’t get concentrate teeth like my Sequoia. The hits are major smooth. I’m having no shortage of clouds.

I read through all the threads and saw all the people that were buying doubles of this and I was thinking you guys are crazy and that’s a huge waste of money. But it’s making more sense now. If I can simulate yesterday’s experience on the daily this device feels like it would be on an island by itself.

Worth every penny❤️🔥💯

Time is the true teller for me though

Easywider

Simple is the way
@LAWTHEONE Glad to hear you loving the cricket, it's a marvel of engineering. Incredible flavour in the low 400's and complete face slappers in the in the mid to high 500 range. I would recommend checking underneath your oven every 20-30 dabs or so. It's not welded fully so it can expand and contract as it heats and cools, this allows for some oil to pool underneath. It can be a bit of a pain to clean out when it builds up since there's no way to warm and wipe when the oven is out. Good to keep an eye on it, and service it when it's warm because the goo underneath can glue it down real good, the oven is paper thin I bent mine one time trying to remove it.

Smknbud

Has anyone gotten a 'Check Atomizer' error and know how to resolve it?
I went through this and in the end I sent my unit back for repair and I got a new one .
If it plays out as it did with me, they first sent me a new bucket (if you have a spare swap it out) but that did nothing. I also had two other errors, ‘ohms too low’ and a just plain ‘error’.
Hopefully your still under warranty

Smknbud,
  • Sad
Reactions: 80Sixed

80Sixed

Wow it really is so small. I dont even dab a lot but I kinda want one of these things. Would it be able to handle traditional hashish or would that just gunk it up too much to be worth it?
I disagree with @Pinehurst and I think this thing absolutely SHINES with hash, more so than with rosin in my opinion. As long as you get a nice spread on the hash in the oven, it’s fantastic. And because hash doesn’t splash, it’s much easier to clean than with rosin. I’d say the aeris, the v5, or even the proxy do rosin much better than this device.

Razhumikin

I disagree with @Pinehurst and I think this thing absolutely SHINES with hash, more so than with rosin in my opinion. As long as you get a nice spread on the hash in the oven, it’s fantastic. And because hash doesn’t splash, it’s much easier to clean than with rosin. I’d say the aeris, the v5, or even the proxy do rosin much better than this device.
This comment caused me to pull the trigger on a cricket. I have heard conflicting reports on using it with traditional hashish, but i figure i will try myself and, since the oven is replaceable, i cant screw it up TOO badly that it wont be fixable. If this can deliver on the front of being a small, portable and powerful way to vape dry sift, itll be more than worth it. I just really love the design of the cricket, and since im a big dna stan for my 510 devices, I trust evolv to have done it right. Time will tell I guess on the dry sift front.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Wait, are we talking old school hash here? I never thought about it but I guess it's like a hot knife with the metal oven.

Razhumikin

Wait, are we talking old school hash here? I never thought about it but I guess it's like a hot knife with the metal oven.
Yup, when I said traditional hashish thats what i meant, its the vast majority of my concentrate consumption. I think if I use it on low enough temps it should work fine and not stain the oven TOO much, but i guess well find out! I feel a lot more comfortable doing this kind of experimentation knowing I can replace the oven if i need to. Also, if it doesnt end up working for traditional hash, i do have some rosin Ive been meaning to use more :).

Easywider

Simple is the way
Yup, when I said traditional hashish thats what i meant, its the vast majority of my concentrate consumption. I think if I use it on low enough temps it should work fine and not stain the oven TOO much, but i guess well find out! I feel a lot more comfortable doing this kind of experimentation knowing I can replace the oven if i need to. Also, if it doesnt end up working for traditional hash, i do have some rosin Ive been meaning to use more :).

Right on! I'm going to have to try this. I'm seeing a friend tomorrow that always has a very nice traditional style collection and often complains that my "toys" are no good for it. The oven cleans well with a little baking soda scrub, fingers crossed.

Razhumikin

Right on! I'm going to have to try this. I'm seeing a friend tomorrow that always has a very nice traditional style collection and often complains that my "toys" are no good for it. The oven cleans well with a little baking soda scrub, fingers crossed.
This is gonna be a little off topic, so please reply to this in the DMs if it interests you, but your "toys" are almost certainly very good for vaping traditional hash, and i vape traditional hash with a large variety of vapes intended for flower on a daily basis. If you want any tips on how to vape traditional hash in a log, stem based device, or injector, dont hesitate to reach out.

Razhumikin

@Easywider pease let me know if you tried the cricket with hashish and, if so, how it went.

Razhumikin,
Reactions: Easywider
Top Bottom