• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

EVOLV Cricket

AlphaDeltaF1

EVOLV Cricket

Hi all,

this is first of its kind cannabis concentrate device that is coming from the LEGENDARY Evolv Vapor!

EVOLV Cricket

I have just got my hands on it last week for $399.99 from a small head shop in Ohio and my goodness has the flavor blown me away.

since these aren't in stock anywhere else yet, the CEO also offered us a group rate for some special founders units for $299.99. he really want to get these into the enthusiast hands first as that who is designed for.

no more burnt dabs, no more coughing, no irritation. just pure flavor and effect ;)

let me know if you're interested.

florduh

Looks interesting. Evolv was always a high end e-cig mod maker.

Literally none of the information I'd need to know about a dabbing device is available though.

What material are you dabbing off of? Can you post a pic of the oven?

It's not coil based, right? It's like a crucible/banger you can swab out between dabs?

How long is the vapor path? It looks like it's really short from pics, but they're claiming it's as smooth as a bubbler.

I'm a dry dab boy, so you have my interest. Lots of questions though.

It does look good!

brochure-inside-v1-2048x1593.jpg

AlphaDeltaF1

the dab surface is a grade 9 Ti tub. the tub is heated instantly on demand directly-no crucible or coils. the temp is very tightly regulated that way and also leads to instant heat.

I will try and put together a more in-depth photo album and post the link here.

I'm happy to report it is just as smooth as they describe despite the air path being about an inch long. The CEO thinks bubblers are thing of the past with this device and I agree! it was specifically made because he saw people carrying around full erigs w bubblers since the portable market has been lacking easily accessible temp control for so long. the vapor is just barley warm..no irritation what so ever.

AlphaDeltaF1

Just curious, since you are a new member, what is your relationship to Evolv and this device?
I'm happy to disclose of Evolvs first paying Cricket customer for this device :D !

Since this is a new product release, the CEO ,Brandon, has been in close contact with me for my feedback. he appreciated my feedback so much he wanted to get more enthusiast like me a device so he offered me an opportunity to get some founders units out to all who wants to get there hands on one. You all would be paying less than I did to be the first get there hands on one !

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
They sold a few actual mods early on, then just sold the chipsets. I have a few mods with their various chips over the years. They certainly were considered the top in temperature control, so I’m sure they nailed that. However, I’d need to see and learn a lot more unless someone wants to send me a test unit….. :)

AlphaDeltaF1

How did he find you?
The head-shop I bought it from (Papa Smokes in Ashtabula OH) only had stock since they were beta testing. So once the final design went to production they got the first units.

I found that out through their sales dept via email.

Since I’m not local to OH I called and ordered by mail and they were blown away that I knew about it. They told Brandon they sold the first unit ever and he wanted to call and talk to me about it and make sure I knew how to use it since there was nothing about it on the web. Hence why I’m making the form post !

florduh

the dab surface is a grade 9 Ti tub. the tub is heated instantly on demand directly-no crucible or coils.

Not the best, not the worst. You don't really see many dabbers choosing Titanium over Quartz, SiC, Sapphire these days. Ceramic seems acceptable to most in e-rig type devices. Metal is gonna be a hard sell for flavor chasers with $400 to burn on a dabbing device.

Personally, I don't notice Ti-Taste the way I can with SS. But Ti still wouldn't be my first choice in dabbing substrate.

The CEO thinks bubblers are thing of the past with this device and I agree!

This just might be the magic of dry dabs talking. Water grabs a lot of flavor, and presumably cannabinoids too. I've used wax pens dry for a very long time now. I think it's possible for this thing to be comfortable with small dabs. Mostly because it heats up so quickly compared to the DTv5 or Puffco Proxy. Less radiant heat hitting your mouth. Dry dabs with a short stem work ok with the M22. They're not really doable in the v5.

I'm literally the target market for this device. But I'd need to see some reviews from people I know are seasoned dabbers before I'd consider it.

AlphaDeltaF1

Here are some extra pics. Let me know if I missed anything. Cricket Imgur album

Not the best, not the worst. You don't really see many dabbers choosing Titanium over Quartz, SiC, Sapphire these days. Ceramic seems acceptable to most in e-rig type devices. Metal is gonna be a hard sell for flavor chasers with $400 to burn on a dabbing device.

Personally, I don't notice Ti-Taste the way I can with SS. But Ti still wouldn't be my first choice in dabbing substrate.

This just might be the magic of dry dabs talking. Water grabs a lot of flavor, and presumably cannabinoids too. I've used wax pens dry for a very long time now. I think it's possible for this thing to be comfortable with small dabs. Mostly because it heats up so quickly compared to the DTv5 or Puffco Proxy. Less radiant heat hitting your mouth. Dry dabs with a short stem work ok with the M22. They're not really doable in the v5.

I'm literally the target market for this device. But I'd need to see some reviews from people I know are seasoned dabbers before I'd consider it.
You’re spot on. It’s comfortable to use dry due to the lack of ambient heat build up around the atomizers surface. The heat work goes directly to vaporizing the dab and not heating the air and thus your lungs.

I will admit the dab size will not knock your socks off but the effect will due to its efficiency.

florduh

I'm intrigued! Not totally convinced but, intrigued. Tell the CEO to send one to @invertedisdead to review.

The curved oven/crucible is interesting. I'd guess that would allow you to not have to keep the device totally vertical. The problem with most wax pens is I feel like this when using them:

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1614269480.jpg

I do remember the OG AVS Molecule with flat SS coils tasted really good. At least for the first dab. You couldn't really swab it out. But it's possible for a short vapor path to be comfortable with small dabs. My thinking these days is, I'd rather take 2 small dabs than 1 big dab that requires water cooling.

AlphaDeltaF1

MSRP $399.99

If we group order before the distributors get them, $299.99

I'm intrigued! Not totally convinced but, intrigued. Tell the CEO to send one to @invertedisdead to review.

The curved oven/crucible is interesting. I'd guess that would allow you to not have to keep the device totally vertical. The problem with most wax pens is I feel like this when using them:

hero-image.fill.size_1200x1200.v1614269480.jpg

I do remember the OG AVS Molecule with flat SS coils tasted really good. At least for the first dab. You couldn't really swab it out. But it's possible for a short vapor path to be comfortable with small dabs. My thinking these days is, I'd rather take 2 small dabs than 1 big dab that requires water cooling.
Yeah the tub geometry def lets you hit it more “normally”. The device designed to be loaded and cooled in 5 seconds. Meaning you could load it via a nice melt down with the cap off then throw it in your pocket for future use with the dab pre loaded/ frozen in the bottom.

I have tested the above and it worked perfect !

staircase slight of hand

Oh man, I’m loving that form factor and would be so eager to throw my money at it if the crucible wasn’t ti.

What’s the temp range? I read that it was adjustable at 1 degree increments, but haven’t seen anything about min/max temps.

AlphaDeltaF1

Oh man, I’m loving that form factor and would be so eager to throw my money at it if the crucible wasn’t ti.

What’s the temp range? I read that it was adjustable at 1 degree increments, but haven’t seen anything about min/max temps.
great question !
It has a temp range of 150-600 F. I’m not sure if that is firmware adjustable however.

Here’s a nice melt showing the cap off temp feature

Cricket Diamond melt shot

AlphaDeltaF1,

florduh

I'm guessing Ti is what lets it heat up so quickly. I've never seen indirectly heated quartz or ceramic wax pens work well. There's a reason Puffco and Divine Tribe have went through the trouble of embedding coils in their ceramic dishes.

Is therea n atomizer that needs to be replaced regularly?

AlphaDeltaF1

Certainly interesting, looks like an iPhone haha Yeah different material crucibles would be awesome (along with lower price too)
The trouble is, the device only functions as is due to the Ti. Any other medium would require more heat work and decrease efficiency Overall.

and call me paranoid, but, IMO, I prefer the medical grade Ti to SiC just because of the associated hazards of SiC.

I'm guessing Ti is what lets it heat up so quickly. I've never seen indirectly heated quartz or ceramic wax pens work well. There's a reason Puffco and Divine Tribe have went through the trouble of embedding coils in their ceramic dishes.

Is therea n atomizer that needs to be replaced regularly?
You only have to replace the oven if you don’t like the color of it. Performance will not degrade overtime.

And yes, 80 amps of current goes directly through the Ti oven heating it. The digital switching to regulate the amperage is why this is Tech marvel.

You will NOT see Chinese knock offs of these anytime soon. other companies simply lack the engineering know how and “steal” tech from the ecig industry.

This is true innovation. Not a cobbled together set of Chinese components.

AlphaDeltaF1

Interested in hearing more about this^
Basically if we get ~10 or more people to order together we get a special discount. If it’s more people we could get a rate even closer to wholesale price.

The idea is get the device in hands of people who will love it first. Us, the enthusiasts.

Trouble is we only have small window before the distributors have exclusive buying rights. Then we’ll be stuck buying from retail resellers.

florduh

You only have to replace the oven if you don’t like the color of it. Performance will not degrade overtime.

And yes, 80 amps of current goes directly through the Ti oven heating it. The digital switching to regulate the amperage is why this is Tech marvel.

You will NOT see Chinese knock offs of these anytime soon. other companies simply lack the engineering know how and “steal” tech from the ecig industry.

This is true innovation. Not a cobbled together set of Chinese components.

Not needing to replace atomizers is a big selling point. Puffco is $60 for the Proxy and like $80 for the Pro.

The only issue for me is shelling out $300-$400 to see if the Ti affects the taste at all. With glass/ceramic I already know what to expect.

Definitely keeping an eye on it though. I'd be more comfortable using this in public than the Proxy.

Top Bottom