Essential oil diffuser safety

horizon88

Hey guys I'm just wondering will it be safe for me to use a butane lighter to vape in my room with the door closed window open but also have my essential oil diffuser running at the same time? Sometimes I over do it and put like 10 or more drops when the manual says to put 3-5. I read that some essential oils are flammable so I'm wondering if the vapor released by my diffuser would also be and would that be a safety hazard? I've been using it when I smoke with a regular bic lighter and nothing has happened but I've never used a butane lighter before so I just want to make sure its safe before I proceed.

horizon88,

OF

This is a bit confusing to me. Bics are Butane lighters, right? Secondly, I assume 'safe' means not blowing up, not not getting caught by the heat?

If, as I think, the concern is for the vapors of essential oils you're making being explosive I think you're concerned about a non threat. Many oils burn under the right conditions like most (all?) eatable oils (used to fry food among other things) represent fire hazards only when large quantities of the oil are allowed to collect and are ignited (like by the stove). Danger from 'vapor flash' (what you seem concerned about) only can happen at very very high concentrations, ones you're not going to be willing to sit in the same room. Consider the kitchen when that pan flashes over........

In a fun way, your Bic lighter is a bigger risk than normal (spark ignited) Butane lighters and torches. The 'spark' of the 'flint' (it's not really, it's metal.....) produces a much hotter 'flash source' than the flame will (which is why it can light the flame). Those sparks alone (without the Butane) are plenty to get into trouble in an 'explosive atmosphere environment'.

I suggest you lock the door, stuff a towel under it, open the window and enjoy.

OF

C No Ego

Hey guys I'm just wondering will it be safe for me to use a butane lighter to vape in my room with the door closed window open but also have my essential oil diffuser running at the same time? Sometimes I over do it and put like 10 or more drops when the manual says to put 3-5. I read that some essential oils are flammable so I'm wondering if the vapor released by my diffuser would also be and would that be a safety hazard? I've been using it when I smoke with a regular bic lighter and nothing has happened but I've never used a butane lighter before so I just want to make sure its safe before I proceed.

are you using as vap cap with a torch lighter?

C No Ego,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
even 20 drops wont be enough to create a big fire when combusted, i am pretty sure u are safe,except u can get a allergic reaction if concentrations in air get too high. Once i poured on accident some citronela oil in my tent and i got an allergic reaction,the smell was horrible and suffocating i was stupid enough to try stay inside.. I have ingested numerous essential oils orally with no ill effects though.. (like 40 drops of basil oil in a capsule)

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: C No Ego

horizon88

I don't have other vapes this is my first one :( lol crazy. I heard you're not supposed to ingest essential oils lol but good to know cause I'm not trying to explode.

horizon88,
Top Bottom