Environmental Disasters! (we saw coming)

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
I don't believe this is done out of depression. It seems to me to be more of a testament to the fragility of that what the meme describes as priceless. One could actually argue these acts are expressions of art itself, it's textbook situationism.
Perhaps not depression, but almost certainly despair. And a helpful reminder of the value we attach to some things, and not others.

florduh

One could actually argue these acts are expressions of art itself, it's textbook situationism.

This is an interesting perspective I hadn't considered. Personally, I have no issue with this form of protest. I just happen to believe, if you're willing to risk prison, there are more productive forms of "protest".

Anyway. And I must stress, this next comment has NO relation to my previous comment. But has anyone seen this movie:

How-to-Blow-Up-a-Pipeline.jpg

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
This is an interesting perspective I hadn't considered. Personally, I have no issue with this form of protest. I just happen to believe, if you're willing to risk prison, there are more productive forms of "protest".

Anyway. And I must stress, this next comment has NO relation to my previous comment. But has anyone seen this movie:

How-to-Blow-Up-a-Pipeline.jpg
Pity my poor nieces who each got a copy of this for Christmas

Perfect_Speed4069,
Reactions: florduh
Top Bottom