Increase the Peace
Company Rep
lots of character that wood has.
latest

:peace:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning look at all the goings on in here! Hope all is well out there, we down south here are looking at torrential rains, forecasting 12"+ rain withing the next 24-48 hours still, seems to have flooded Louisiana in some parts alot of places under water, so happy I live on a hill! Sucks probably not going to make the first week on the shooting range with the boys due to the weather, we have been shooting on our own though and working on grouping, the tighter the group the better, thats whats key! Have been working with the boys also to finish up a couple pieces, Connor got his safety razor parts in and finished the set, its on its way to my friends son who is a barber and has his own shop

Maple%20Shave%20Brush%20Set%20-%20The%20Crafty%20Carver_zpsoyolnfhx.png

Our pastor was called to another church a few years back in Arkansas, he will be down here this evening, we are having dinner with him and his wife at a neighbors house, Carter wanted to do something nice for him, here is an Olivewood pen he turned

Olivewood%20Pen%20-%20Reeds%20Wooden%20Pens_zpsncafkzjj.jpg

So proud of these boys, they are really doing great work!

Think I forgot to mention as I forgot to remember this year is my 9th in business, my anniversary was last month and I just totally forgot, it wasnt til the other day that I remembered.

So there you have it 9 years in the biz and still going, so thankful for all that has happened and how far I have come, many blessings, many thanks to you all and so many others!

Oh yeah my mount is done, I have it all finished and my idea is now a reality, my taxidermist said he had never seen a more beautiful themed mount like it, waiting for the sun to pop out in a few days to get just the right shot and will post up here and wanna submit to a few places, maybe it will get published!

Seems my original post is too long, hmmm think I have done longer, follows below, pls add to this if you will Mods, thanks!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Reflections Good morning, yeah am so glad you like the stem, just worked out that it was done when it was is all so off it went! I actually do have a butt load of reload equipment my dad had for use when we were kids, all great stuff its just heck no time, easier for me now to just buy then sit and reload all day. Gosh was fun when I was a kid to do that though. Here is the info I suggest on how to swap ot a screen in the new oring stems, not trying to be a smarty pants, just explained it to another customer this morning so am coping it from there to here -

The stem itself has a wooden shaft that slides into the SS bushing, on this shaft is a groove turned into it, in the groove I place a high temp oring, the oring itself holds the stem snug in the bushing. Once the stem is in place I drop a screen down within the bushing, I then place a clip over the screen so its held in place snug as well. To swap out the screen you could simply pull the stem out of the bushing, drop out the screen, leave the clip in place, drop another screen into the bushing over the clip then slide the stem back in place, all should seat back in place and be ready to go again.

Hope this is helpful and thanks for stopping by my friend!

@Copacetic ahh I have seen turned wooden bullets, pretty nifty, vampires yes, zombies not, lol! Glad you like what I did with the stem for the zion/milaana too!

@VegNVape Wow my man, great shot and kind kind words, am most grateful bro! So glad you like it and am happy you are finding it to be a positive piece! Not sure if I rock, just roll with it most of the time, lol! Thanks so much for the post, very much appreciated!

@NickDlow Ahh so you like that there do ya! LOL, that pic of the baby is too funny! Thanks as always my man, so so looking forward to seeing ya soon, aint much longer now!

@ChooChooCharlie Good morning, wow so dig that combo you have there, like @FlyingLow mentioned the crack makes the unit have so much character, thanks for the post!

@FlyingLow Yeah been wanting to talk to you about the piece setup you asked me to do for the MiniVap, seems we need to holla bout that through a PM if you like. Hope all is well for ya, last I remember you and your girl were on the move I wanna say, am I right, hope all is well and wish yall the best!

Edited to add that the wood jars are available at my site!

Last edited:

Spocks_Katra

JUST ordered a blackwood nano stem, a finishing grinder, and the 99cent cleaning tool

VERY excited. been wanting a wand for my Enano ever since I got my granadillo air stem!

JUST ordered a blackwood nano stem, a finishing grinder, and the 99cent cleaning tool

VERY excited. been wanting a wand for my Enano ever since I got my granadillo air stem!
I needed a wood stem because my hands have a tremor when I have flareups so I find it almost impossible to use the glass nano stems in a pain outbreak, without breaking them lol :dog:'

sorry, didnt know I made a new post instead of editing my first, feel free to merge (mods) (merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, all is well down this way, been looking at land here and there trying to find a new stake, looked a 17 acre parcel yesterday, was low land, not flood zone but still low, dont dig that at all, was a good deal I suppose for what it was guess thats why its still for sale, lol! Its nice down here since the rain stopped, was 80 yesterday, what beauty! Going to be hitting the shooting range with the boys this week, hoping to squeeze in the St. Paddy's day parade in the city if we get done in time, always fun! Got a rip off Mighty from my guy the other day, gosh its a piece of crap, he says they sell for $60, TBH I dont see how I could enjoy the real one myself, seems very utilitarian but hey to each his own, have a neat idea for a lock on wong with tabs and all, if it works like I hope will be very cool to give it some wood so be on the look out! Alot to come yall!

@Shit Snacks Really like the pic and am glad you are using the two still, really cool! Thanks for posting up!

@Gottawin Hello and thanks for stopping by here with your first post, welcome! I am making them for a dealer of mine he will be the first to offer them as soon as I finish his order, then hopefully I can add them to my site soon after with other such pieces for units I am behind on, hang in the big chief!

@Spocks_Katra Thanks for the biz bro, I appreciate you and am going to get you right, count on it! thanks for stopping by also and I look to hear what you think of the nano stem once received!

Hope all is well out there!

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello and good morning, hope all is well out there for you all! Have had a great couple of days last, spent some time with the boys and some in the shop, working up a bunch of FlowerMate pieces that have to go to a couple of dealers, one in the US the other in Australia. Still have quiet the number of pieces to do to finish but hey that’s what it’s all about! Anyhow, hit the shooting range with the boys Thursday afternoon, rain was moving in quickly, Carter was first up on the skeet, he did ok, hit 50% then it began lightning, uhhh needless to say we didn’t get anymore shooting done, Saturday morning was rained out but it just did clear in time to get to the city for the St. Paddy's day parade, we loaded up and struck out! made it there about an hour early got us a great spot at the first turn on the route, Connor & Carter posted up, had Kyle standing on the railing near my girl and I, you know the people on the floats love kids, Kyle being up so high was in the prime spot, he was the target for all the beads, koozies, you name it, they threw it to him, the stuff he missed I quickly put him on the other side of the railing, he snatched up 5 shirts and all kinds of goodies! What a great time we had! You can see in the pic it was gloomy, the sun was supposed to come out when the parade started but got postponed by a couple of hours, the afternoon was very nice!

2016-03-19%2013.55.25_zpsxsgi9hmf.jpg

2016-03-19%2013.56.27_zpskbbtmwqb.jpg

We were on the shooting range yesterday for 3 hours, alot of shots fired, the boys did really well for their full day of it. Its spring break for them this week so we have some work to do in the shop and base ball to practice, so much going on but all good stuff!

MODS - Not sure what is going on, did the content limit get lowered? Cant seem to add as much to my posts as I did in the past so am posting replies below, pls let me know what I should do.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Spocks_Katra I will be looking to hear from you soon my man, maybe your order will show up today! I got to be honest, the Mighty is not cool, I really dont like it, its really freaking huge and looks like heck, pls dont take offense but its not for me, I do have one and will not use it, I am excited to make a WPA for it though, I feel that would be neat and has to add a little flavor to its over all utilitarian look and feel. I can see why it wont stand on its own, I maybe able to make a quick and easy stand for it though, hmmm!

@Jsmith7326 Good morning, hmmmm its really up to you, I only offer the Air stems in 2 species and 2 sizes, Granadillo & Bog Oak, the Granadillo is a great species so is the Bog Oak, one has history and looks great the other just looks great. I offer them in 3" & 2" both work are tapered to fit a 14mm joint if you would like to use it with a water tool. I cant say which is mo better, its all up to you and what you feel fits you best bro. I hope I have been helpful and do hope to hear from you again.

@FlyingLow Hmmmm I am wondering if I pushed out the pin and maybe turned down the shaft maybe put a groove in it just maybe you could use it with a nano if you have one, its just a thought, it may work or it may not work, whats your thoughts?

Alright its off to work I go hi ho, hi ho!

Spocks_Katra

@Spocks_Katra I will be looking to hear from you soon my man, maybe your order will show up today! I got to be honest, the Mighty is not cool, I really dont like it, its really freaking huge and looks like heck, pls dont take offense but its not for me, I do have one and will not use it, I am excited to make a WPA for it though, I feel that would be neat and has to add a little flavor to its over all utilitarian look and feel. I can see why it wont stand on its own, I maybe able to make a quick and easy stand for it though, hmmm!

No offense taken! It's definitely not for everyone. I have tracking on my package and eagerly look forward to it. Thanks again Ed! By the way are you making the body for the ti woody vapcap? I was thinking of getting one and would love to buy it knowing part of it was made by you!!

Edit
Checked tracking and its delivered! Can't wait to open it up after work!! I actually chipped the glass in both my enano stems this week so this is perfect timing!

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
By the way are you making the body for the ti woody vapcap? I was thinking of getting one and would love to buy it knowing part of it was made by you!!

Ahhhh well maybe the bird will land today, if not hopefully tomorrow. Yes sir I do make the woodies for the VC, get ya one bro, they are very nice, some of the Cocobolo are spectacular as are the Amboyna, dont let the Blackwood fool ya though, there are small details that can be missed with a camera, really hard to capture their beauty!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Anyone have experience retrofitting a Hammer stem to any other device?

I absolutely love this stem Ed did for me, but hate my hammer... the vape has sat on the shelf for almost 2 years, its got to go.
A few Firewood 3 users including myself have used the glass hammer stem to replace the capsule but I am not sure how you wood hammer stem would fit. It would probably work great, but I don't believe you have a Firewood 3 either.

I would love to have a Ed's mouthpiece for my Elevape SV..
The Bloodwood one he made for me is so perfect. I use it daily since I got it. It is longer than the stock but fits in the original Elevape case if I remove it from the device. I find it to be a huge upgrade from the original mouthpiece.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
A few Firewood 3 users including myself have used the glass hammer stem to replace the capsule but I am not sure how you wood hammer stem would fit. It would probably work great, but I don't believe you have a Firewood 3 either.

The Bloodwood one he made for me is so perfect. I use it daily since I got it. It is longer than the stock but fits in the original Elevape case if I remove it from the device. I find it to be a huge upgrade from the original mouthpiece.

Hmmm good question, I appreciate you posting up for @FlyingLow I have sold a few Nano stems for the FW3 but not sure if my wood/SS stem would even match up with it, I know the ID of the Hammer stem I make is at .430" or so and the OD is at .5" if this helps.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@Ed's TnT - you liked my post to soon...I was still editing, lol. Anyway I had a thought this morning for the Milaana and Zion. For those of us that want the all wood look and durability but the all glass flavor, do you think you could wrap a glass stem with some beautiful wood? Perhaps you could even do a sample of something simple for a photo shoot.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT - you liked my post to soon...I was still editing, lol. Anyway I had a thought this morning for the Milaana and Zion. For those of us that want the all wood look and durability but the all glass flavor, do you think you could wrap a glass stem with some beautiful wood? Perhaps you could even do a sample of something simple for a photo shoot.

LOL, guess I was just lucky enough to get that one done so soon, been taking a break for the moment or so, I have had this asked before, thing about glass is its not exact and true to size every time, glass can vary somewhat and make it tough to fit in a hole that is relatively true. That and I just really dont have any glass or have thought to order any to try it to be honest. What I know is wood, I dont know glass, what I do know is that its breaks and that aint cool!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
LOL, guess I was just lucky enough to get that one done so soon, been taking a break for the moment or so, I have had this asked before, thing about glass is its not exact and true to size every time, glass can vary somewhat and make it tough to fit in a hole that is relatively true. That and I just really dont have any glass or have thought to order any to try it to be honest. What I know is wood, I dont know glass, what I do know is that its breaks and that aint cool!
Yeah, I work in the flat glass industry and it's 1/4" tolerance so I can only imagine. Perhaps a inner O-ring would allow for a slightly loose fitting wood cover that would mate with the glass infill. How is the VapCap done? I don't know, maybe this can't be done. I was originally thinking a glass joint with a wood stem and then my thoughts went into the direction of a wood cover.

As far as the wooden stem, I would imagine it gets some heat on it being that it is part of the heating chamber when inserted. The thing I love most about my Elevape stem you made is that no hot air goes through it so I never get any harsh wood oil flavors. I get a wood taste in my Daisy and Firewood 3 and I find I prefer not to have this taste. This could stir me away from buying a wood stem for the Mi or Zion and that made me sad to think I would miss out on the craftsmanship that you put into every piece of work you do.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Yeah, I work in the flat glass industry and it's 1/4" tolerance so I can only imagine. Perhaps a inner O-ring would allow for a slightly loose fitting wood cover that would mate with the glass infill. How is the VapCap done? I don't know, maybe this can't be done. I was originally thinking a glass joint with a wood stem and then my thoughts went into the direction of a wood cover.

As far as the wooden stem, I would imagine it gets some heat on it being that it is part of the heating chamber when inserted. The thing I love most about my Elevape stem you made is that no hot air goes through it so I never get any harsh wood oil flavors. I get a wood taste in my Daisy and Firewood 3 and I find I prefer not to have this taste. This could stir me away from buying a wood stem for the Mi or Zion and that made me sad to think I would miss out on the craftsmanship that you put into every piece of work you do.

Ahhhh there ya go, thats a thought somewhat, you are right the VC works this way for sure with the orings, hmmm maybe one could be made with a wooden sleeve cover so to speak, only thing is I wouldnt want to make such a piece that was so large OD that it didnt fit well in the hand, do you feel me?

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Ahhhh there ya go, thats a thought somewhat, you are right the VC works this way for sure with the orings, hmmm maybe one could be made with a wooden sleeve cover so to speak, only thing is I wouldnt want to make such a piece that was so large OD that it didnt fit well in the hand, do you feel me?
I do and that is why I was thinking this would be better for the shorty stem. It might be bulky in diameter, but at least it would be shorter. I was thinking if the diameter matched the thickness of the Milaana it would make for a smooth edge from the Mi to the wooden sleeve.

Spocks_Katra

Well @Ed's TnT youve done it again!

rushed to my mailbox and found these 2 beauties waiting for me.

edit:much better than a link

Thank you so much for the nano stem, the detail put into it is more than I could ask for, I cannot wait to take it on the maiden voyage

Cheers ED!

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, @nosmoking Hmm this is for sure an idea, will give it some thought and get some work done between now and then, then go from there, might work out just fine!

@Spocks_Katra Well sir I am so glad it made it, you yourself are a sly kinda guy, was in talks with a fella bout doing something for ya, well you didnt fall for our idea and you went ahead and placed the order, it was random act of kindness week that day we spoke about it and so I was on aboard for it, once I saw you ordered and having spoke our guy, I was like well, you may have placed the order and shot down our plans but hey I could do something for ya that you werent expecting so thats what you got my man! That piece is in a style I have never done before, maybe similar but not, I really hope you are enjoying it and look forward to your thoughts of its performance!

Now to a little Show & Tell, I have been working on this since the middle of January when I went out to Texas for a duck hunting trip. I have finally finished it just like I want it, I have shown it to many people and they all say the same thing, they have never seen anything as neat and unique like it before. I have done a few submissions to various sites for them to consider it for publication. I would be so honored if it makes it and hope you all like what I have had done. Below the pic is a short write up of the hunt, pls let me know what you all think!

Redhead%20Texas%20Mount_zpsnhw3qvcp.png

Has been a few years since I made a trip out to south Texas for a duck hunt, will never forget the trip prior, had multiple flights of redheads by the hundreds work our decoys, was truly amazing seeing birds like that! Had been in touch with my cousin regularly before making the trip, had great expectations for the hunt. Heard El Nino would be bringing a lot of water and should be epic, after several talks back and forth expectations began to diminish, El Nino had turned into El Notta. Not to be discouraged I was en route the middle of January to give it hell. The first day out West Matagorda Bay did not let down, yeah the #’s were down but the birds were flying, had a flight of 25 Teal come in, we nailed 5. Redheads were coming in sporadically, in our layout blinds I’m on the right of three guys, they were flying hard and fast, gosh they were tough to hit, missed a few before figuring the lead was at least two foot. Once I realized that I began dropping em, being right guy was tough, we were on a point in the Bay, birds kept peeling off to the right, when they had passed the 2’Oclock position the shots were tough. Got to give it to Browning for making the new A5, a big Redhead at break neck speed made it past the decoys, I popped out the blind made a quick roll over to my stomach and folded him at 5’Oclock, what a shot, what a hunt! Texas and my cuz have given me some great memories, thanks!​

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Fat Freddy Yeah its really freaking huge tbh, 35"W x 33"H just the plaque alone, the upper bird comes way out from the backer, he is almost in full flight. Hope you dig it, the A5 is the newest semi auto 12 gauge shotgun that Browning makes, the camo vinyl is the same pattern on the gun, what a sweet gun it is, by far the finest I have ever owned!

Lol, good question, this is not such an apparatus!

Thanks for posting up and having a look!

Top Bottom