Ed's TnT Wooden Vapor Tubes & Vapor Stems

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I know what you mean mom - I think I must have relatives from the Emerald Isle cos' I seem to have the luck o' the Irish! :)

Sorry for being so slow tonight guys. Busy at work! Anyway, tried to take some photos with my phone. Even though it has a 5 mpix cam the pics do not do these beauties justice. So, I'll take some pics when I get home in the morning with a real camera that show-off these stunners.

Think it's time to sneek off and get a little loco with my coco ;)

Edit: Mmmm tasty - I totally get it Vitolo! The different woods give off different notes of flavour to the bud. The Coco is giving it a hint of nut and musk. Where I'm finding the Purple Heart a bit more fresh and grassy. I used to run a wine shop and am using the wine tasting taste characteristics to give you an idea - and like wine these are just 'notes' or hints of flavour in the background - not full on invasive flavours.

Ok, so after a good testing I managed to snap a pic.

sdc10655.jpg

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Vapinghole said:
Very nice, Ed! Order going in shortly. Lovin the Zebrawood! :o

Edit: Order placed :brow:

Ed - I love, LOVE, the Zebrawood! As you can see, I'm getting ready to taste test it :brow: I'll contact you again very soon to get more of your bomb-ass products!

imageiit.jpg

Vapinghole,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Think it's time to sneek off and get a little loco with my coco ;)

LOL thats the shit, hadnt heard that one before, hope you had a lota fun with that piece. Really dig the pics you and vapinghole posted, always love pics!

So was in the shop this week spinning tubes again, trying to get a large order out and even spun a few more coco tubes, these are the shit, a couple have a really neat contrasting sapwood and colorful heart wood going. I like a little mix in my pieces, the heartwood is great and tones are sweet but the creamy sapwood adds a flare to it you normally dont see. Alota people dont like the sapwood mix so getting my hands on the sticks works better for me, more of it out there, still super freaking expensive though. Cocobolo has really gone up in price since I started working it. These will be back in stock monday night, waiting on some parts to finish inserts.

2012-03-02_13-53-44_27.jpg

Ed's TnT,

Vapinghole

Very nice indeed, Ed!

My wife and I are really enjoying the Zebrawood stem. So much that I just ordered two more stems: The Flame Maple and the Purpleheart Shorty. I'm a sucker for pretty woodwork. :rolleyes:

Vapinghole,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Thanks for the return biz VHole, I do appreciate it! All the winners from the raffle go out tomorrow as well as other orders. Keep your eyes open y'all!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning everyone, wow how bout these changes, really like the new layout and all the great updates and advantages. I have just been back at my shopping cart updating out of stock items, do have the purple shorty LB stems back in stock as well as the cocobolo tubes. I have done away with the antonio coupon and replaced it with a long term 20% coupon to FC members, the coupon code is "fcdiscount", when placing an order, you must enter the coupon code in all lowercase letters and then hit the apply code so the total will reflect the discount. My signature also has the coupon code in it so it will be visible to anyone where posted. I am really glad to still be part of this great community and thank you all for the support in the past and do so look forward to the future. Brighter days are upon us, if you don't keep your head up, your sure to miss out!

Vapinghole

Good morning everyone, wow how bout these changes, really like the new layout and all the great updates and advantages. I have just been back at my shopping cart updating out of stock items, do have the purple shorty LB stems back in stock as well as the cocobolo tubes. I have done away with the antonio coupon and replaced it with a long term 20% coupon to FC members, the coupon code is "fcdiscount", when placing an order, you must enter the coupon code in all lowercase letters and then hit the apply code so the total will reflect the discount. My signature also has the coupon code in it so it will be visible to anyone where posted. I am really glad to still be part of this great community and thank you all for the support in the past and do so look forward to the future. Brighter days are upon us, if you don't keep your head up, your sure to miss out!

Thanks, Ed! I'm also glad to be a part of this community and to have stumbled upon hip cats like you. I look forward to enjoying many more of your products. Also, thanks for subbing the purple shorty with the zebrawood shorty--it matches my zebra stem. And hey - check out your flame maple stem I just got in the mail! Pretty sweet match with my LB, huh? Filled with a trench of kush just waiting for master. :tup:

image1jj.jpg

Cheers to you, Ed! Thanks for the coupon. Definitely incentive to grab some newly-stocked items! Wood is the shit.

Vapinghole,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
So ive noticed with my eds stems, each end is different and was wondering if theres a correct side to use, or benefits/disadvantages of either.

In the picture below, the stem on the left shows the "tapered" end, where the draw hole smoothly goes into the piece. I had been using this side going in the LB first.

The stem on the right shows the other end, where it is just the hole. I had been using this as the end i i took the draw from.

I figured the narrower end, if inserted into the LB first, could hinder honey buildup inside of the tube due to the limited opening, and cause it to buildup in the little lip where the stem is inserted. So i decided to use the tapered end first, whose bell curve opening wouldnt do this. Is this the intention of the design? Anyone else got an opinion on the matter?

2ykc211.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,

Vapinghole

I don't have an opinion, but I insert the same end as you do, merely because it seemed the proper way. Your assumption makes sense to me, but I'd love to hear from Ed or another seasoned user of his stems. Cheers!

@J.R.R - Thank you! I really dig it. Taste nice and clean too.

Vapinghole,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning all, thanks for the pic post Vhole and GPimp. Thing with the taper holes and such on the stems are due to turning them, neither side matters what you insert, both are hand fit to the box so that either may be used, which ever end is totally up to you. I use a crown drive center on the head stock which allows for a more stable grip and hold when turning, on the tail stock I just use a tapered live center which gives it the taper toward to inside. I do it this way to get a little more out of the length, most stems should be anywhere from 2 1/2" - 2 1/4" give or take an 1/8". This is the best I can do to get the extra length, in order to shape up both ends without the taper, you loose a little more that an 1/8" of an inch, doesn't seem like much, but an 1/8" on each end is a 1/4" total short. Hope this makes sense. Hope all is well out there, been spinning some custom stems and finishing up all the tubes this last week. If anyone wants something special, just holla!

Ed's TnT,

Vapinghole

^^^Thanks for the explanation, Ed! I've tried both ends and didn't have a problem with the fit--I just gravitated towards the 'tapered' end.

Hmmm...something special, huh? I'm going to email you to see what we can come up with. Peace!

Vapinghole,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My collection of Ed's TNT MFLB stems grows. Check out these two… A Blue Mahoe Shorty… and a Silver Cypress! Stunning~
DSC01311.jpg

These two are surely unique !
DSC01316.jpg

Here you see my MFLB "on the fence" about what stem to wear…
She decided on the Blue Mahoe Shorty!
DSC01322.jpg

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
How bout that collection!!! Its damn sure multiplying. That silver cypress is some of the 2 century old sinker cypress that I have been working, makes really great dugouts and stems. The Blue Mahoe is a unique species itself. Really like that curly Koa you have there Vito. Thanks for posting your pieces, I am sure you are enjoying each one.

Ed's TnT,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
@vito - another addition to the amazing collection you have. Nice! Id be on the fence too with so many to choose from.

I just realized i havent posted my new additions to the family. Last week i got the stems from eds contest, a cocobolo tube and abmogna burl shorty. The amboya burl is amazing looking and has amazing swirls and eyes. The colobolo caught me by surprise. I didnt plan on buying any cocobolo stems, but eds contest hooked me up and showed me how amazing this wood is. These are as smooth as glass and an amazing dark grain. My first full length eds stem and my current favorite.

Check them out!
1563ar8.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
I must agree, cocobolo is one of my favorites to work, it is so rich in color and the finish it has is the icing on the cake.

Have been asked by a couple of guys about making a wooden solo tube, seems the only tubes they make is glass. I have been sent a solo tube for me to gauge and duplicate, ordered parts for it last week that should be here today. Have a pretty good idea and handle on how I will make some. Ooooo i look forward to the challenge and will post my progress here asap.

Ed's TnT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I got in to work today and found a nice little pressie waiting for me :D Sorry for the phone pic quality but I have to share.
17032012085.jpg

Centre stage is the Bloodwood, left is the Koa, right is the Purple Heart and top of the podium is the zebra. Lovely work and I can't wait to test drive them all. A big Thank you so much for the competition to Ed'sTnT :tup:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Wow JRR nice pose above! I am sure you are enjoying the pieces and wanna say thank you for your support at the raffle.

Hope all is well out there!

Ed's TnT,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello, put together a new species of dugout, Mexican Cocobolo which is said to be the best quality of this species from any other area that its native to, really beautiful color tones and contrasts, finishes really nice and sleek in the hand, some of the best I have ever done.

CocoDO1b.jpg

Also got with a guy at the CHAMPS show that makes these awesome wooden Black Walnut Cigarette cases, holds 5 standard KING size cigs. and is damn near indestructible. Very nice work he does. Both are available at my shopping cart and am trying to load my webpage which is not working that well. Hope you all like!

Cigcase4.jpg

Ed's TnT,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice ed! Those dugouts look amazing and that cig holder is quite unique, never seen nothing like it. Nice pics!

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom