ecapple iV-1

serialtoker

Still here Still
Hi there @jojo monkey yeh meant to mention that you could see the chamber temp drop when you took a toke (unlike my V5 Pro ),and we were on a mission on saturday back to back Ecapple then V5s ,Had eight sessions in 6 hr all very seasoned tokers but not experienced vapers as such, and yeh we did stick it straight back into heating mode when it dropped into standby..Regarding the bottom plate issue even the flat top 18650 that came with it causes the plate to sit proud of the unit ,we did'nt try to force it though and it was as tight as we dared push it. It would'nt fire up until we backed it off a little , Liked the vid by the way
@tripwire I think you won't be dissapointed, and use the bubbler the mouthpiece does get hot (dependant on temps obviously)

Last edited:
serialtoker,
Reactions: tripwire

ReggieB

@jojo monkey @serialtoker If you put the unit in med/slow mode, you can use your breathing to control the temperature during the heating phase without having to push any buttons.

Not entirely sure why the battery wouldn't work if it's in too tight, seems a little odd, it's solid from the base to the mouthpiece screw hole, so the only thing I can think of is the extra pressure is forcing the 2 battery case 1/2s to bend at the top stopping the +ive end of the battery from connecting. The whole of the base/case is the negative connection so it won't be that that's loose.

ReggieB,

serialtoker

Still here Still
No it seems solid enough, unfortunatly I don't own it ,however I was Present when it arrived at my mates and it did the same thing when it was asked to fire up the first time nothing complete blank, he gave it to me and my first reaction was to get the battery out and in twisting it back the blue light appeared and operations could commence (Don't even mention robofart) I did voice a warning but he's a bit of an animal (not a pepperami) and then it did the same again on saturday, I'll put it under scruitiny at the weekend to try and see whats goin on and let you know if its an easy fix

serialtoker,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
Has anyone experienced the mouth piece failing on you i have come across the issue where i try to take it off and the threading stays inside of the vaporizer and i have to use pliers to get it out. so this vaporizer was working great and was a great product until i came across that fatal flaw :(

LarryYo,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@LarryYo I removed the threading to replace the screen? That stinks that it pops off. Maybe some food grade silicone or deforming the white teflon to hold it better? (i think the MP is teflon?)

I purchased an extra mouthpiece and bubbler for $4 each

jojo monkey,

LarryYo

Dab connoisseur.... I just like dabs.... a lot
thanks guys im going to try to deform the MP so that it will fit and i have been in talks with the manufacturers to see if i want to pick up their product wholesale. I want to know if these are common problems before i pull the trigger and place an order for bulk.

LarryYo,
Reactions: ReggieB

ReggieB

Hi all, I've been looking at the faulty unit that my vendor let me keep, as I managed to get the innards out in one piece and wondering if I can fix/re-use parts of it? Is there a sub-forum where I could discuss more of the technology that goes into a vape? I did look but couldn't find anything.

So far I've managed to figure out where the temperature sensor is and can get a reading from it on my dmm, I also now think that the big solder 'ground pour' on the main PCB is probably for mosfets and the gnd pins are all shorted to sink/source heat and power, unfortunately I can't find a datasheet for the chips I think are mosfets but logically, that's all I think they really can be.

There's a 4057a (800mah li-on charger chip) near the usb socket and an ir2104a half-bridge mosfet driver obviously providing switching for the mosfets which in turn feed the braided heating band around the ceramic 'crucible'.

The stm32f4 030 chip is handling all of the logic for the buttons, leds, oled screen and must also be handling the temp sensors and it's got to be doing the switching on the mosfet driver via pwm.

livewithkindness123

Has anyone experienced the mouth piece failing on you i have come across the issue where i try to take it off and the threading stays inside of the vaporizer and i have to use pliers to get it out. so this vaporizer was working great and was a great product until i came across that fatal flaw :(
Yes the old mouth piece I had did pop off it was pressed on kind of. But with the new mouth piece there isn't that problem .

livewithkindness123,

tripwire

Jack of all trades, partaker of vape
I find alibaba confusing.
I also find it very confusing. I found this supplier, Shenzhen Vnice Technology Company Limited, and there is another supplier posted earlier in this thread, iirc.
Process is pretty simple, once you've created an account. I dealt with Colin Wang and received my iv-1 inside of a week, via DHL. I'm not sure if posting a vendor's email address is permitted here, otherwise I would give you Colin's direct email. Perhaps you could PM me?

tripwire,
Reactions: lookhigh

ReggieB

I've just done a check on the temperature dip on my unit after a sensible draw on it and between me finishing, taking it out of vape mode and back into vape mode, I only saw a 10f drop which surprised me considering the amount of drop that's been reported.

ReggieB,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@ReggieB I replaced my screens with mesh and take strong hits so there is that. Your hits are prob easier on it. I just did a few strong hits on mine and saw 20F-100F. Mostly 30-50 though. It was too harsh at the time to do a super long draw. You also have to switch quickly between the modes. It's not a super accurate way to take temps for sure.

@KeroZen if you drop the vape out and back into vape mode it reports the current temp before it climps back to the set temp.

Last edited:
jojo monkey,

ReggieB

@jojo monkey Yeah, I don't take big hits, I'm a steady drawer, so that will be why my recovery temps aren't as harsh as yours. Also, I'm not so keen on the bubbler now, not enough airflow through it imho.

ReggieB,

ReggieB

Also @jojo monkey you said you replaced your screens with mesh, what mesh did you use? Cos the iv-1 comes with 2 punched hole metal discs and 2 pipe style screens. I presumed that the metal disc is supposed to be at the bottom of the chamber as there was one preinstalled when it arrived and the mouthpiece has a replaceable pipe style screen on my unit.

I've noticed that the mouthpiece screen can get quite oily quite quickly.

ReggieB,

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
@ReggieB I got some 3/8" screens off ebay. I use one in the bottom of the bowl and popped out the screen in the mouthpiece. My iv-1 had the original screens that had barely any holes.

Yeah the disc goes on the bottom of the heater.

jojo monkey,

MadDawg

I am liking the iv-1 more and more now that I Have figured out the temperature readings. I actually start my sessions at 400°. I have only used the fast heat up setting so it heats very quickly. I typically take long draws with the bubbler and once the blue light goes out and into standby mode I start it again and see the temperature climb back to the initial set temperature. If only they would show the temp as it changes when you draw from then this thing really would be ideal. I'll Vape all the way up to 405° and then take the mouth piece off and give herb a little stir. I can get 2 to 3 more really decent clouds after I stir it at this temp. The ABV always come out nice and even brown but not burned. This is a really solid device.... Besides the temp readings during use.

MadDawg,

ReggieB

Nice to see you're getting along with it MadDawg :) I've settled on 380f and leave it there, no matter what, the content will come out an even brown, it's just the amount of time it takes to get there will be a bit longer than yours at 400-405.

Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to clean the bowl? I've cleaned it after each session but it's looking a little mucky in there... Do you reckon it's safe to use iso in there to clean up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom