E-Nano XL from Epicvape

Walnutter

what setting have you used on the dial?
I started with 7, but that made things a bit too hot for my liking so I dialled it back to a 6. Though I suspect a notch lower is going to be better…. As I noticed things got a bit browner than I’d prefer. I also found being patient and allowing the XL to heat up for a solid 10 minutes made it just about perfect.

Mini review time!

Overall
I was very impressed, super easy to use and great build quality. this guy was so smooth I don’t even think I’ll need a water piece. I know some other posters have recommended to add an o-ring but my screen is such a snug fit I don’t think I’ll have to add it.

Build and design
The build quality is very solid and I love the compact size.

I also 300000% love how subtle and discreet it is, Without the cord and stem it’s hardly bigger than my DaVinci IQ C. without the stem you’d never know it’s a vape. (And even with the stem it’s still pretty subtle imho) the wood is gorgeous and helps keep it from getting too hot to handle even when leaving it on for 40 minutes +

The main event.

Hits are nice and smooth and even as long as you give it significant time to heat up.

I love how I can get solid hits with a very very very small amount of herb.

I’ve also found if I pack it only half full at max I don’t need to pull it apart to stir between hits I can just give the stem a blow and a shake to mix it up.

Rank and complaints
All said 8.5 out of 10. I am very impressed but docking half a point because the cord is just a smidge too short for my particular liking and a full point is knocked off for the following:

I wish the dial could be rotated 360 degrees to shut off, much like a stove burner. An auto shutoff would be really great and that sort of safety feature is what I would expect for a vape at this price point. Given that USB C can handle significant power draws I’d have also looooooved a usb C port for power.

Nitpicking and understandable but given the price I’d also expect to see a water attachment included instead of sold separately.

Walnutter

what setting have you used on the dial?
I started with 7, but that made things a bit too hot for my liking so I dialled it back to a 6. Though I suspect a notch lower is going to be better…. As I noticed things got a bit browner than I’d prefer. I also found being patient and allowing the XL to heat up for a solid 10 minutes made it just about perfect.

Mini review time!

Overall
I was very impressed, super easy to use and great build quality. this guy was so smooth I don’t even think I’ll need a water piece. I know some other posters have recommended to add an o-ring but my screen is such a snug fit I don’t think I’ll have to add it.

Build and design
The build quality is very solid and I love the compact size. I also 300000% love how subtle and discreet it is, Without the cord and stem it’s hardly bigger than my DaVinci IQ C. without the stem you’d never know it’s a vape. (And even with the stem it’s still pretty subtle imho) the wood is gorgeous and helps keep it from getting too hot to handle even when leaving it on for 40 minutes +

Super easy to clean just shook the stem with isopropyl alcohol in a baggie for a few and then rinsed and waited for it to dry.

The main event.

Hits are nice and smooth and even as long as you give it significant time to heat up.

I love how I can get solid hits with a very very very small amount of herb.

I’ve also found if I pack it only half full at max I don’t need to pull it apart to stir between hits I can just give it a blow and a shake to mix it up.

Rank and complaints
All said 8.5 out of 10 docking half a point because the cord is just a smidge too short for my particular liking and a full point because I wish the dial could be rotated 360 degrees to shut off, much like a stove burner and that is what I would expect for a vape at this price point. Also USB C can handle a ton of power draw would have loved to see that as a port instead to make the design even sleeker. Given the price point I also would have liked to see an auto shutoff as a safety feature as that’s what I would expect standard given the price.

Walnutter,

MagnumMafia05

I wish the dial could be rotated 360 degrees to shut off, much like a stove burner.

But it does...

Also, if there is a gap between your screen basket and glass stem when installed, you need a o ring. All 3 of mine needed a o ring. Such a huge difference I actually use the stems more than the jodas wpas and bong.

I wouldn't want a autoshut off. I leave mine on a schedule on a wifi outlet. Or can turn it on and off from My phone.

Last edited:

cosimo

anyone know how many Watts an Enano XL should pull from the wall when set at 7? Mine is pulling 10.9-11.2 Watts after more than 10 minutes on.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I wish the dial could be rotated 360 degrees to shut off, much like a stove burner. An auto shutoff would be really great and that sort of safety feature is what I would expect for a vape at this price point. Given that USB C can handle significant power draws I’d have also looooooved a usb C port for power.
This is just not too standard in the industry at the moment, especially for something that is more artisan.
As mentioned, can always use a special outlet attachment to control it yourself most likely.

if there is a gap between your screen basket and glass stem when installed, you need a o ring
I'm a bit confused, where does this Oring go?
My screen is a snug fit inside the stem ... or are you referring to the basket lid thing? I don't use that lid, I just use glass right to the Nano.

This is why I tend to opt for Ed's stem tho as it's a pretty snug fit against the nano

cosimo

I'm a bit confused, where does this Oring go?
My screen is a snug fit inside the stem ... or are you referring to the basket lid thing? I don't use that lid, I just use glass right to the Nano.
yes, a ring on the basket lid thing on stock stems to seal the basket to the stem, or skip the basket and put the oring on the heater. My two stems (one regular , other ice) need it badly, I really cant believe the XL doesnt come with a spare oring already just in case.
I feel the need for the ring is not so evident if you use the XL at 7 or above, but 7 or more is too hot for my delicate throat and for my flavor chasing habit, and I just cant get a decent hit at lower settings using the stock configuration... and i imagine the ring would still make those high setting hits even more efficient.

anyhow, thanks so much for sharing what you do AJS... so obvious but I hadnt tried it. But i just tried the glass directly to the heater and it works much better for me than with the basket thingy. I dont have any orings at hand so its a great fix for me. Still plan to get the oring, but thanks again.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I feel the need for the ring is not so evident if you use the XL at 7 or above, but 7 or more is too hot for my delicate throat and for my flavor chasing habit, and I just cant get a decent hit at lower settings using the stock configuration... and i imagine the ring would still make those high setting hits even more efficient.
Ooooh, I see, thanks. I just tested it. It's because of that tiny gap between the rim of the basket, and the actual walls of the stem?
If I plug the end of the screen with my thumb and inhale, air still gets in from the edges.

Just another reason this basket system as a seal is horrible imo :)

The glass straight on the XL took some getting used to, but I find if I hold the stem as close to the bowl as possible with my thumb and forefinger, I can use my middle finger against the XL as some leverage, and press against the XL to keep it steady. At this point it requires no thought, and the vapor doesn't feel like there's an air leak, although I'm sure a minor one may be present just by the nature of glass on material.

I'll see if I can dig up an old O-Ring to use for glass on XL. I have plenty that I bought for a different purpose, but I can't assume they're temp safe.

PeteyS

I actually stopped using the basket screen for this same reason.
With a light pack, you don't need the basket screen at all, Better flavour and a tighter connection with the heater. Mines still not perfect though, I may try the O-ring around the heater next.

AJS

Calm Consistency
With a light pack, you don't need the basket screen at all, Better flavour and a tighter connection with the heater. Mines still not perfect though, I may try the O-ring around the heater next.
I've been playing around with this a lot this last week.

I've used the Nano exclusively this last week and haven't touched any of my other flower vapes, just trying to figure out which option is the best.

I was using the stem quite a bit natively, but migrated over to using the WPA with a J Hook as it's way cooler vapor and the flavor is still incredible.

This vape truly is an absolute beast.

Here are some of my findings.

O Ring on the Nano, using the stock SonG WPA:
-Basket screen lid - easier to make a connection and easier to feel it get "seated", and while the hits are good, it feels a bit more of a diet version in terms of flavor

-No basket screen, native glass on Nano O Ring - Very difficult to feel it make a proper connection and never feels "seated". It's a constant application of pressure to keep it against the O Ring, and is a constant concern in my head that it's not actually lined up properly. Regardless, hits are thick, full bodied, and very flavorful - the best when combined properly.

No O Ring on the Nano, using the stock SonG WPA:
-Basket screen lid - Similar to above, the basket screen lid makes an easier connection, but still feels watered down a bit. Not sure if there's a difference with O ring on Nano or not.

-No basket screen, native glass on Nano Heater - Glass feels like it gets Seated much easier compared to the O Ring, but connection isn't quite as tight. Still a little wobble leading to uncertainty, but hits are good and flavorful, probably not as much as the O Ring though.

No O ring, Ed's WonG Adapter
-Easiest of all to use with water/J Hook, no concern if it is seated properly

-Deeper bowl means a longer hot air path before the herb, which means more herb is needed, or a higher temp is needed with less herb.

-Not quite as flavorful as a well seated glass WPA or Stem (I believe due to the reasons above), but significantly less of a concern if the accessory is being used properly. The flavor of your herb still comes through very cleanly, I just think I had more control over the flavor profile with the closer screens of the glass stems. This is very nuanced and personal, Ed's stem tastes great.

-Clogs significantly faster and needs more cleaning - less airflow.

It seems you're essentially balancing a few things when choosing your method of inhalation:
-Convenience of an easy lock on, at the expense of an air leak and diluted flavor.
-The best hit you can get when managed properly, at the expense of trying to make a proper seal with an O Ring, and inconsistency.
-Consistency, at the expense of your wallet and having to pay for a 3rd party accessory, and being mad the $200 vape didn't come with one that works properly (maybe that's a little personal :freak:)

I am also fully prepared to accept that this can just be me and I for some reason just obsess over the consistency with this vape and it may in reality be a non-issue.
:sherlock:

MagnumMafia05

Mines perfect. I tried it that way and no way would I put up with that everytime. its too wobbly and doesnt feel seated correctly at all.

MagnumMafia05,

mr_shady

I brought a XL several weeks ago and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. It's the perfect alternative for when I wanna switch things up from my silver surfer. Brought stem and WPA from Joda and the difference between the stock stem and Joda's is night and day. I can see what others meant when they describe the stock stem as 'wispy'. I used it twice at the start and been rocking Joda stem since haha. Happy with my purchase.

popitup

Recently picked up another WPA with a carb from JoDa @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

I also commissioned him to create a custom j-hook (which I shared a picture of in the TM2 thread yesterday). Not only does his WPA's work with both a TM2 and the E-Nano XL, but this custom j-hook can stand freely with either device.

He did an amazing job, I'm very pleased, and you can expect a more detailed review from me in the future.

Last edited:

Walnutter

Has anyone found a way to use the xl upright on a desk with a bong? I really don’t like how precarious it feels upside down on the stock SonG wpa

Walnutter,
Reactions: cannasoor

flipper_gv

Recently picked up another WPA with a carb from JoDa @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

I also commissioned him to create a custom j-hook (which I shared a picture of in the TM2 thread yesterday). Not only does his WPA's work with both a TM2 and the E-Nano XL, but this custom j-hook can stand freely with either device.

He did an amazing job, I'm very pleased, and you can expect a more detailed review from me in the future.

Put some beeswax on your E-Nano XL, the wood looks very dry. It might crack.

cosimo

Not anymore there isn't 😏
Not anymore there isn't 😏
Cool, great price for all those toys! now be aware it might not be too different from the CouchLog, specially if using stock stems. I tried both logs when looking to replace my Woodscent and found them to be basically the same in perfomance with the Enano XL being more affordable for me so I chose it over the CL. Please let us know how you find your XL.

Top Bottom