E-Nano XL from Epicvape

cosimo

how many of you XL users are using the oring mod? are you placing the oring on the basket screen or on the heater?

For those who don't know of it, I'm talking about this mod mentioned on Reddit to improve stock stems:

flipper_gv

I've been using it for a while. Works really well. But I leave a gap between the herb and the lower mesh.

flipper_gv,
Reactions: cosimo

MonkeyTime

how many of you XL users are using the oring mod? are you placing the oring on the basket screen or on the heater?

For those who don't know of it, I'm talking about this mod mentioned on Reddit to improve stock stems:

Ok, new to me, what's the benefit, sealing?

MonkeyTime,

cosimo

Ok, new to me, what's the benefit, sealing?
Yep, it's basically to get a better seal with stock stems when using the basket screen, and it seems it even also helps sealing the tip if you put the oring on the heater and don't use the basket screen. I will definitely try the mod when my XL arrives in a week or so.
The person who shared the mod on Reddit got wispy hits before using the oring there. He also showed a pic of what his tip looks like with the basketscreen but without the oring and it makes sense that there should be something to seal the tip there but might not happen to all basket screens or his needs some molding into the stem?
Untitlhed.png

Wonder if @ACE OF VAPE has considered adding orings to the XL.

japecan

if i may, where did you get your oring?
Or at the “oringstore”. I bought the 200 piece silicone fda 70 duro and the size is 7/16” ID X 5/8” OD X 3/32” CS back in March. Now I use Joda wpa. I just ordered 2 and stem! Hairline crack & chip. Don’t leave friends in e nano room by themselves 🤔. They clumsily tried to stir the bowl oopps.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
For those inquiring here’s my price sheet on nano xl and tm/tm2 accessories.

Full color stems-50$
Full color wpas-45$ with or without carb
Clear stems-35$
Clear wpas-35$ with or without carb
Dimpled clear stems-45$
12$ shipping in the US, more if international.

Great prices dude and the work looks superb. Keep up the great work!

japecan

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I also should have tagged "@VaPeD&CoNfUsEd". I think Joda is his Instagram account :).
Yeah I was vaped&confused for a few years here before I started blowing glass and came up with the JoDa business name. This place and vaporizer adapters is what got me into blowing glass nearly 10 years ago now.

And if anyone is wanting any of these wpas and has been on the fence. I’m taking orders the rest of the week and then shut down a couple days before Christmas for a couple weeks. So order now. lol

Last edited:

popitup

I recently spent a few weeks with the E-nano XL as my primary vape, rocking the JoDa WPA, and this is my first desktop vape. Previously, a TM2 with S&B capsules with a WPA was my primary, so the ritual is a little different.

The first major difference is the cleaning ritual, primarily the screen maintenance. It's very easy to gunk up the screen, especially with higher resin flowers. I started by blowing out the pipe to cache it, then using a debowler one the screen. However, I've switched to using the S&B brush after blowing it out, because using a debowler (or a bamboo stick) rubs the resin into the screen and reduces pull.

At this point, I've also moved onto screens with slightly bigger holes and more dome shaped. I still brush out after every bowl, I rotate between screens, and casually soak a batch of dirty ones in iso while working through a clean set. Every 10-20 sessions, I'll take half a paper towel twist it up and push it through the pipe to clean the walls.

I don't know if these are the exact ones I had on hand, but the measurements look to be the same, https://www.etsy.com/listing/496354191/pipe-screens-6mm-x-12mm-14x-12-5

popitup,

Texus

I recently spent a few weeks with the E-nano XL as my primary vape, rocking the JoDa WPA, and this is my first desktop vape. Previously, a TM2 with S&B capsules with a WPA was my primary, so the ritual is a little different.

The first major difference is the cleaning ritual, primarily the screen maintenance. It's very easy to gunk up the screen, especially with higher resin flowers. I started by blowing out the pipe to cache it, then using a debowler one the screen. However, I've switched to using the S&B brush after blowing it out, because using a debowler (or a bamboo stick) rubs the resin into the screen and reduces pull.

At this point, I've also moved onto screens with slightly bigger holes and more dome shaped. I still brush out after every bowl, I rotate between screens, and casually soak a batch of dirty ones in iso while working through a clean set. Every 10-20 sessions, I'll take half a paper towel twist it up and push it through the pipe to clean the walls.

I don't know if these are the exact ones I had on hand, but the measurements look to be the same, https://www.etsy.com/listing/496354191/pipe-screens-6mm-x-12mm-14x-12-5
Very cool technique. Good to have a good link for large quantities of bowl screens!!

popitup

The cable on this thing has been driving me nuts because it doesn't auto retract in some way, and flops around a bit on my desk.

I had an idea I stole from my kitchen sink. I added a counterweight to the end of my power cable, now I can pull the e-nano XL off my desk to my water pipe while sitting back in my chair, and when I place it back on my desk, no cable mess.

I'm not sure if what I actually need is a wireless ball vape, or VAS is just hittting. This has improved quality of life enough for now, would be sweet if it could be wireless too.

popitup

The issue for me with that solution is the ergonomics. The plug is very tightly connected to the device, removing/inserting it repeatedly throughout the day is a hassle.

I want to pick up the device, use it with my water pipe, then dock it again with one hand. I want a combination of a wireless hammer with the low energy / slow warm-up of a log. Either a wireless hammer that can work with a log, or the log itself becomes the hammer.

update:

I let the device heat soak for 20 minutes, ripped a bowl with it plugged in, then repacked and tried again with it unplugged. The first cloud from "wireless" was decent, but definitely less full than plugged in. Second cloud was half that of the first. I then plugged back in, waited 2 minutes to heat soak, and hit the same bowl with it plugged in, massive cloud. So yeah... I think a ball mod would also be necessary.

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I converted both of my e-nanos to XT30 connectors and a thinner, lighter round cord. The bulky zip cord & connectors was my least favorite thing about the device. Not cordless - but I now find it so much more comfortable to use, as I use mine upside down with a water piece. I love my nanos!

nano1-Original.jpg

popitup

That is pretty neat. Do you know if there are any cables like the magsafe that could be used with a device like this?

twain55

I found the pointy end of the filling tool is useful to clean the screen.
The issue for me with that solution is the ergonomics. The plug is very tightly connected to the device, removing/inserting it repeatedly throughout the day is a hassle.

I want to pick up the device, use it with my water pipe, then dock it again with one hand. I want a combination of a wireless hammer with the low energy / slow warm-up of a log. Either a wireless hammer that can work with a log, or the log itself becomes the hammer.

update:

I let the device heat soak for 20 minutes, ripped a bowl with it plugged in, then repacked and tried again with it unplugged. The first cloud from "wireless" was decent, but definitely less full than plugged in. Second cloud was half that of the first. I then plugged back in, waited 2 minutes to heat soak, and hit the same bowl with it plugged in, massive cloud. So yeah... I think a ball mod would also be necessary.

I would not suggest plugging/unplugging too often. The plug on my E-Nano broke pretty easily.

twain55,
Reactions: popitup

Walnutter

Just ordered an XL e-nano, as a holiday treat for myself. Going to be pairing it with something from Lee over at tabletopbongs.com and I'm pretty stoked. Will let y'all know how it goes.

Walnutter,
Top Bottom