• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

E-Nano XL from Epicvape

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Since then, no more basket screen
Funny enough, I opted to getting basket screens for my Ed's TNT stem. The ones he supplies keep getting dislodged when I try to empty a bowl. The basket screens stay in place really well for me! But I might be alone with this problem lol

pushpaw

An unexpected advantage to using the basket screen 'top hat' when paired with a bong is that it keeps herb from puffing out of the bowl on to the table due to blow back (from the water settling back after you stop drawing.)

pushpaw,

Sparkpug

I ended up buying an XL last week. My OG Nano is a maple burl I so I got the exotic walnut which was not on sale. It arrived Friday night (Dec 2nd) and its pretty striking looking with a nice vertical wood grain and horizontal stripes. Reminds me of waves, or maybe a tiger shark. I've been using it for a few days now and it is a vastly different experience for me than being a simple replacement for the OG E-Nano.

I run 2.5mg through an OG Nano with water. On 6.5 I get 1 decently long 15ish second pull. Its fully spent and the top is charred. The XL, with the silicone adapter on the same pipe and dose (testing with the cap on and off, material about 2mm under the longer E-pik gauge with the bottom of the screen facing up), is absolutely a different experience. It doesn't seem to get hot enough below 7, but at 7 the vapor it produces is massive and I can't inhale for more than 8 seconds. Its more of a session style device with me taking three or four really tasty (the OG never gave flavor like this!) pulls and, this may be entirely subjective, feeling so much nicer than a single hit thru the OG. It reminds me a lot more of the feeling I remember smoking giving. It feels like a full on massively physically tingly experience, which really helps to mask pain. I definitely feel it mentally too.

I also don't fully use the 2.5mg in the first session. Despite feeling great after my 3-4 pulls I have another round waiting for me on 8 -with some fresh bud to help the taste- and I have been using less since I'm now getting two sessions off the old 1 hitter quitter amount. It's actually pretty awesome.

Initially I was going to keep both out and use them interchangeably but I ended up unplugging the OG. I'm really enjoying the different experience I'm getting on the XL and I highly recommend it.

840_divided_by_two

I ended up buying an XL last week. My OG Nano is a maple burl I so I got the exotic walnut which was not on sale. It arrived Friday night (Dec 2nd) and its pretty striking looking with a nice vertical wood grain and horizontal stripes. Reminds me of waves, or maybe a tiger shark. I've been using it for a few days now and it is a vastly different experience for me than being a simple replacement for the OG E-Nano.

I run 2.5mg through an OG Nano with water. On 6.5 I get 1 decently long 15ish second pull. Its fully spent and the top is charred. The XL, with the silicone adapter on the same pipe and dose (testing with the cap on and off, material about 2mm under the longer E-pik gauge with the bottom of the screen facing up), is absolutely a different experience. It doesn't seem to get hot enough below 7, but at 7 the vapor it produces is massive and I can't inhale for more than 8 seconds. Its more of a session style device with me taking three or four really tasty (the OG never gave flavor like this!) pulls and, this may be entirely subjective, feeling so much nicer than a single hit thru the OG. It reminds me a lot more of the feeling I remember smoking giving. It feels like a full on massively physically tingly experience, which really helps to mask pain. I definitely feel it mentally too.

I also don't fully use the 2.5mg in the first session. Despite feeling great after my 3-4 pulls I have another round waiting for me on 8 -with some fresh bud to help the taste- and I have been using less since I'm now getting two sessions off the old 1 hitter quitter amount. It's actually pretty awesome.

Initially I was going to keep both out and use them interchangeably but I ended up unplugging the OG. I'm really enjoying the different experience I'm getting on the XL and I highly recommend it.
Making me want one even more now considering I exclusively microdose. Great write-up

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
OK - So I hadn't busted out my Nano XL in a while, saw this thread yesterday and decided to give it another try. Stems and screens were all cleaned before putting it away.

I got the XL when it first came out, and trying to use it again makes me remember why i abandoned it.

I got in early - so these issues may have been resolved but before emailing the manufacturer figured id ask here if other have same concerns with the stems/screens...

The top dome screen does not stay in either of the stems. The screen is too small and just falls out. Especially in my standard stem. If i connect to the XL with the stem and dome screen inserted, it is more likely the screen stays on the heater of the XL than actually staying on the stem like it should. Do others have this problem? It seems the top screen is needed to make a good seal on the heater and it is annoying as hell to have to mess with it.

Problem two - I have a standard stem and a cooling stem with beads in it. The second bottom screen is too big for the cooling stem. the diameter is a little tighter for both screens (the top screen stays slightly better in the cooling stem). Any time i try and sit the screen flat in the cooling stem with a chopstick it pops back out because it is too big. Yes, i could try to slightly trim the screen but first it is hard to do this perfectly, and second seems the screen should fit the damn stems to start.

Am i being over criticial? Any suggestions? The screen problems are enough for me to not even enjoy the XL which is a shame because it is a beautiful device.

Thanks all.

IAmKrazy2,

DaVapeGuy

OK - So I hadn't busted out my Nano XL in a while, saw this thread yesterday and decided to give it another try. Stems and screens were all cleaned before putting it away.

I got the XL when it first came out, and trying to use it again makes me remember why i abandoned it.

I got in early - so these issues may have been resolved but before emailing the manufacturer figured id ask here if other have same concerns with the stems/screens...

The top dome screen does not stay in either of the stems. The screen is too small and just falls out. Especially in my standard stem. If i connect to the XL with the stem and dome screen inserted, it is more likely the screen stays on the heater of the XL than actually staying on the stem like it should. Do others have this problem? It seems the top screen is needed to make a good seal on the heater and it is annoying as hell to have to mess with it.

Problem two - I have a standard stem and a cooling stem with beads in it. The second bottom screen is too big for the cooling stem. the diameter is a little tighter for both screens (the top screen stays slightly better in the cooling stem). Any time i try and sit the screen flat in the cooling stem with a chopstick it pops back out because it is too big. Yes, i could try to slightly trim the screen but first it is hard to do this perfectly, and second seems the screen should fit the damn stems to start.

Am i being over criticial? Any suggestions? The screen problems are enough for me to not even enjoy the XL which is a shame because it is a beautiful device.

Thanks all.
This is the kind of post where pictures would help :)

Okla68

I purchased the "Ice Stem" with the internal Balls and a Glass Screen...this was a couple years ago. Ive NEVER messed with the Wire Basket screens since. Those stems are stuck back somewhere in my 50 years of Cannabis consumption accessories.
The IS is always the same. If you want it to react differently, adjust the temp, the amt of product you use or your draw control or the placement(depth) of the stem on the heater shaft.
Simplest, most Consistent vape on the market, IMO. Hits the same as it did almost 3 years ago
Micro to blow your lungs out draws !

flipper_gv

Well, I joined the club. Girlfriend got me an XL after stalking my reddit account to see which plug in vaporizer I was most interested in. It's really great. Just wondering where to get extra domed screens (in Canada) for the "adjustable bowl" stems. Maybe I can use regular screens and shape them myself into the dome screens? If so which size should I use?

Sparkpug

At first my top cap got stuck to the heater constantly but it has stopped and now the XL has a much looser fit into the stem. It's loose and leans a bit but I don't need to hold it. I'll probably pick up an alternate stem from Ed's TnT - It never hurts to have options. My screens fit in my stems the way they're supposed to so no problems there.

Since that last post I have done a ton of experimenting. With a fine grind I'm able to get decent sized rips now. I ended up pushing the screen up so that it's just under the top cap. My favorite way to use it is with a nugget. The taste is absolutely unreal and it seems to extract really well. The downside is that I'm awful at eyeballing a consistent dose.

There is one thing the XL adds that I suddenly feel compelled to do: stir. I love stirring my stems now for some reason. It seems to add to the ritual aspect.

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
I purchased the XL wood stem from Ed's TNT on the recommendations from fellow FCers.
Ed did a great job! it works really well, the stem fits much better onto the heater.
The TNT stem is not as wide as the glass Enano stem, so the top cap will not fit Ed's stem, nor is one required.
I use it the same way as I would a normal glass stem, pack it 3/4 full, light tamp and hit it.
I get huge hits with temps set at 6.5.
OH, and it looks great too!

Thanks Ed :tup:

Last edited:

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Have had my TNT stem for the XL for a little while now, enough time to really get to know it, and all I can say to those that are on the fence is honestly just do it. The 65 bucks becomes an afterthought once it's in your hand and you can actually use it.

The added conduction from the stainless steel, the hands free use, the versatility of using it as a native stem or WPA. It's such an added enhancement and really secured the XL as my favorite current desktop, I honestly wouldn't wanna daily the XL without it, I think it's that nice.

Gnome34

Have had my TNT stem for the XL for a little while now, enough time to really get to know it, and all I can say to those that are on the fence is honestly just do it. The 65 bucks becomes an afterthought once it's in your hand and you can actually use it.

The added conduction from the stainless steel, the hands free use, the versatility of using it as a native stem or WPA. It's such an added enhancement and really secured the XL as my favorite current desktop, I honestly wouldn't wanna daily the XL without it, I think it's that nice.
I just received my stem from Ed in the mail today. My XL hasn't arrived just yet so I haven't been able to test it out. Looks great though.

Any tips for cleaning the TNT stem?

Gnome34,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I just received my stem from Ed in the mail today. My XL hasn't arrived just yet so I haven't been able to test it out. Looks great though.

Torch the screen when it gets gunk’d up and get some acetone to clean the wood part when that gets too dirty.

Arawfish,
Reactions: Gnome34

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg

Cleaning as per ED's TNT: never soak or submerge any of the wood stems I make. Simply take a cotton swab dipping it in high proof alcohol, squeeze out the excess then swab out the inner portion of the stem to remove any buildup doing this as needed. Let dry, you’re good to go.

I take the stem apart and soak the metal chamber + screen in ISO, for the wood section I simply dip the cotton swab in ISO and wipe the inner wood chamber, then let it dry.

Hope this helps

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader

Best tip I can give for a clean TNT is to test your XL using a stock stem/wpa first. Figure out where your sweet spot is, find out where you start teetering with combustion on the dial. Only reason I say this is so when you finally use your TNT stem, you know the limits of how far you can drive the temp before combusting, because combusting with a wooden stem just sucks.

Otherwise for the ACTUAL cleaning part, torch the screen when it starts getting clogged. Clean the SS chamber with Q-tip and ISO. Clean the wooden pathway with Q-tip and ISO as well, then give it a nice wipe with a Q-tip soaked in just normal water, and finally finish it with a dry Q-tip & let it air dry. I also recommend getting some wax for your wood to finish the routine.

AJS

Calm Consistency
A bit of a criticism post incoming while still appreciating how great this vape is. I know some of these gripes have been talked about but I don't think I've chimed in much here.

I love the performance of the XL, but i will say, the stock stem system isn't a great experience in my opinion.

Having to put on a top basket to make a seal, when the entire purpose of the stem is clean glass airpath, is just odd for me.
It's another hot piece to handle as well, and just invades the airpath. Doesn't look pleasant either for those who want a clean, simple vape setup without added pieces.

Also with that, it doesn't make a perfect seal for me. There is play and wiggle, and requires the right angle/pressure to make sure it's actually on straight. As someone who wants repeated variables (as most vaporists do), that's not ideal for me.

I would have preferred just simply an O-Ring around the heater, that the glass presses up against to make a seal. No need for the extra basket.
Not sure why deviate from the original E-Nano setup, that stem system was fun to use.

On top of that, the SonG as a WPA goes against the theme of the E-Nano glass experience imo. Not sure why it's not just a stem that led to a glass 18mm/14mm male end.
Using E-Nanos since 2015, I really can't believe they'd throw Silicone into the vapor path without an alternative choice for water use. Think they said they're waiting on finding a good supplier for glass.

The vape itself is fantastic, there's no doubting it.

@Ed's TnT WonG fixes almost every issue in terms of performance. It lets the E-Nano stand up straight on bubbler with no tilt. It creates a very easy seal against the heater, and is all around a more pleasant experience that feels natural to the E-Nano.

Positives of Ed's setup that E-Nano misses out on
-Little to no wobble of the E-Nano on the bowl
-Great seal
-Beauty of the wood and craftsmanship
-Removes the silicone from the vapor path for WPA
-Removes the extra basket setup and leaves it very clean
-Smaller Inner Diameter - thins the air path to leave less added play to how the heat travels, which also condenses the space for the flower
-Adds heat soaking/conduction which can be great

But for me...

-It leaves the screen un-adjustable (for the most part, some possible tweaking can be done but with added inconveniences)
-Requires a certain usage style/heat because of the depth of the screen.
-Screen clogs a bit easier in my experience
-Wood is not as easy to clean and holds more smell compared to glass
*Requires you to remove the metal stem from the wood to clean the screen and then reassemble, instead of being able to toss everything in ISO with a quick shake.
-Wood won't sit as sturdy as glass in a piece ime. With it being Ed though, the fit is snug and fantastic and drops in easily, as Ed put in a ton of work into making the fit great, but it won't drop in and pull out quite like glass. (that's just personal preference at this point, some prefer how wood interacts with glass).
-Can't be used quite as well as a "stem" in my experience as the vapor path is short with a wide opening, leaving it hot (not it's purpose though, so all good).

What I think would help both Ed's stem as well as E-Nano for myself personally.

E-Nano stem
-Finding a solution to creating a better seal without the need for a top basket (o-ring seems simple solution)
-Reduce the inner diameter of the stem to reduce play when on the heater, would also help create a seal against an o-ring if added

E-Nano WPA
-Remove the SonG and create a male end glass adapter as standard for most WPA's
-Shrink the inner diameter to leave less wiggle
-Hopefully have it be able to stand up on its own

Ed's WPA
When it comes to Ed's WPA for the XL, the magic is in the SS tube. This is what transforms the XL. The wood is just a means of attaching it to glass and a shelf for the screen (aside from the beauty and feel).
(Ed's WPA is pretty much perfect performance, these are just some things I'd like to see)

-Take that SS tube, and create a sleeve or alter a side of it to allow it to fit in the XL WPA SonG. This way, anyone who already has a SonG and wants a cheap alternative, can just buy the SS Tube at a much lower cost without wood, slide into the SonG instead of the glass tube, and completely replace the XL WPA.

-Take that SS Tube, and have it slide into a glass WPA as well. Same performance, but with glass for those who want that option. Would most likely be less expensive option as well.

-Some way for an adjustable screen in the SS tube. Possibly a flared screen like the standard glass XL screen that can slide, or grooves in the tube for a flat screen to slide into at varying levels.

Hope this didn't come off as mean. I truly love the XL and I think as a vape, it's better than the original E-Nano in almost every way. Just wanted it to feel a bit more seamless when in use.

Thankfully though, Ed's adapter came out so quickly and was pretty incredible.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
I think you speak for a decent amount of people when you say the stock XL stems leave something to be desired.

As for Ed's TNT stem screen being un-adjustable, I'd recommend picking up some basket screens for it. I use small underdog basket/formed screens, but I've used an OG e-nano basket screen in it as well, just had to flare the edges out a bit to get good contact for the tension fit. Works great imo

I actually mentioned something similar to Ed a few weeks back, and he mentioned he was going to start including conical screens with the stem now, so that's pretty cool

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
What’s the benefit of a warhead for that high price vs a proper quartz nectar collector? Not trying to be a hater but quartz is infinitely better to dab off then any metal and like 150$ cheaper to setup.. This just seems like rehashing way old tech

I think it’s the form factor and how it appeals to the Dynavap collector. Nothing more. The dish concept is cool but maybe that’s been done before and I just haven’t seen it.

A bit of a criticism post incoming while still appreciating how great this vape is. I know some of these gripes have been talked about but I don't think I've chimed in much here.

I love the performance of the XL, but i will say, the stock stem system isn't a great experience in my opinion.

Having to put on a top basket to make a seal, when the entire purpose of the stem is clean glass airpath, is just odd for me.
It's another hot piece to handle as well, and just invades the airpath. Doesn't look pleasant either for those who want a clean, simple vape setup without added pieces.

Also with that, it doesn't make a perfect seal for me. There is play and wiggle, and requires the right angle/pressure to make sure it's actually on straight. As someone who wants repeated variables (as most vaporists do), that's not ideal for me.

I would have preferred just simply an O-Ring around the heater, that the glass presses up against to make a seal. No need for the extra basket.
Not sure why deviate from the original E-Nano setup, that stem system was fun to use.

On top of that, the SonG as a WPA goes against the theme of the E-Nano glass experience imo. Not sure why it's not just a stem that led to a glass 18mm/14mm male end.
Using E-Nanos since 2015, I really can't believe they'd throw Silicone into the vapor path without an alternative choice for water use. Think they said they're waiting on finding a good supplier for glass.

The vape itself is fantastic, there's no doubting it.

@Ed's TnT WonG fixes almost every issue in terms of performance. It lets the E-Nano stand up straight on bubbler with no tilt. It creates a very easy seal against the heater, and is all around a more pleasant experience that feels natural to the E-Nano.

Positives of Ed's setup that E-Nano misses out on
-Little to no wobble of the E-Nano on the bowl
-Great seal
-Beauty of the wood and craftsmanship
-Removes the silicone from the vapor path for WPA
-Removes the extra basket setup and leaves it very clean
-Smaller Inner Diameter - thins the air path to leave less added play to how the heat travels, which also condenses the space for the flower
-Adds heat soaking/conduction which can be great

But for me...

-It leaves the screen un-adjustable (for the most part, some possible tweaking can be done but with added inconveniences)
-Requires a certain usage style/heat because of the depth of the screen.
-Screen clogs a bit easier in my experience
-Wood is not as easy to clean and holds more smell compared to glass
*Requires you to remove the metal stem from the wood to clean the screen and then reassemble, instead of being able to toss everything in ISO with a quick shake.
-Wood won't sit as sturdy as glass in a piece ime. With it being Ed though, the fit is snug and fantastic and drops in easily, as Ed put in a ton of work into making the fit great, but it won't drop in and pull out quite like glass. (that's just personal preference at this point, some prefer how wood interacts with glass).
-Can't be used quite as well as a "stem" in my experience as the vapor path is short with a wide opening, leaving it hot (not it's purpose though, so all good).

What I think would help both Ed's stem as well as E-Nano for myself personally.

E-Nano stem
-Finding a solution to creating a better seal without the need for a top basket (o-ring seems simple solution)
-Reduce the inner diameter of the stem to reduce play when on the heater, would also help create a seal against an o-ring if added

E-Nano WPA
-Remove the SonG and create a male end glass adapter as standard for most WPA's
-Shrink the inner diameter to leave less wiggle
-Hopefully have it be able to stand up on its own

Ed's WPA
When it comes to Ed's WPA for the XL, the magic is in the SS tube. This is what transforms the XL. The wood is just a means of attaching it to glass and a shelf for the screen (aside from the beauty and feel).
(Ed's WPA is pretty much perfect performance, these are just some things I'd like to see)

-Take that SS tube, and create a sleeve or alter a side of it to allow it to fit in the XL WPA SonG. This way, anyone who already has a SonG and wants a cheap alternative, can just buy the SS Tube at a much lower cost without wood, slide into the SonG instead of the glass tube, and completely replace the XL WPA.

-Take that SS Tube, and have it slide into a glass WPA as well. Same performance, but with glass for those who want that option. Would most likely be less expensive option as well.

-Some way for an adjustable screen in the SS tube. Possibly a flared screen like the standard glass XL screen that can slide, or grooves in the tube for a flat screen to slide into at varying levels.

Hope this didn't come off as mean. I truly love the XL and I think as a vape, it's better than the original E-Nano in almost every way. Just wanted it to feel a bit more seamless when in use.

Thankfully though, Ed's adapter came out so quickly and was pretty incredible.
Well said IMO. I love the vaporizer but the stem system has something to be desired. I love Ed products but i really want an "no wood" alternative.

Someone wake me up when there is an in house or aftermarket stem alternative that does not require the dome screen with either metal/glass in the vaporpath. Ill buy one and jump back on board. Until then, i think this goes back in the box. Sad, because there is so much potential.

flipper_gv

O-Rings would be a perfect solution (because you could use the same glass) but there aren't many options that can stand ~600F.

Making the diameter smaller would mean less capacity (therefore less "XL") but that could be an option given to the customer and be an extra stem or something.

I think the best (and easiest) solution would be to sell an aftermarket steel sleeve that you put around the end of the heater to make it wide enough that there isn't any wiggle left.

Jaindoh

speaking of O rings, I havent seen anyone (yet) using the silicone ones that came with the ed's stem. Only place I could figure they would go is around the heater tip, which means I give them very little time before they wear out.

Jaindoh,

AJS

Calm Consistency
speaking of O rings, I havent seen anyone (yet) using the silicone ones that came with the ed's stem. Only place I could figure they would go is around the heater tip, which means I give them very little time before they wear out.
I think they go in the grooves of the wood to connect to the metal, unless I'm misunderstanding

AJS,
Top Bottom