• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

E-Bikes are awesome 😎

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:D They are nice if you have a nice one. A friend got serioiusly injured with his DIY one, the batterypack caught fire and leaked all over him,not to mention the shit he inhaled ,before he managed to stop :D.. Also batteries suck for environment,get a real bike ,you will feel happier ,but that is just my opinion. Lately there is a debate on how green actually those electric cars are,due to the dangerous materials used in their production.Also how effective will be in countries like mine that has 80% of its electricity from Coal factories that area also burning trash along with it,lol... 3rd world shit here :D..

Aeownz

Storz & Bickel fanboi
I've got an e-scooter if that counts! 2x600W motor, was a daily commuter to the train station (and onto the train). Paid for itself by now, full charge lasted me 3 days give or take how much I use it otherwise.
I wear full motorbike helmet tho because they're still dangerous but so is anything going up against traffic. But during this crisis streets are empty so 50km/h nyooooon

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
This is my second e-bike. My first one's on-line ad said "5'1" minimum height. I'm 5'7", but I have Hobbit legs. My inseam for pants is 26.5". The bike was a ball-smasher. I returned that one for this one:
F2232641-D7-FD-4-A9-C-B71-F-0-A13-FD2-AFB83.jpg

It's just my size. I've set the the limiter to 13 mph because I'm still learning the in's and out's. I'm surprised I haven't injured myself walking. Great goto for grocery store. Only 7 miles to Vancouver Lake. I put a "Big-Butt" seat on it for obvious reasons.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I've been looking at this one. When me and the family go bilking I'm having trouble keeping up. So I'm thinking I need some help.
Can you send a link for that bike @macbill I'm shopping any input would be appreciated that bike has a 36v batt and a 500watt motor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200522-123133_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200522-123133_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 14

Zoned89

It's for an ebike build. Really cool. 241km range at legal road speeds and can do 40km for every 30mins of charge. I'm trying to see if I can charge it at charging stations. Also solar chargeable. I estimate 20km range for a full day (8h) of solar charge.
Whaaaat that’s super cool! Any plans to incorporate pedal based Charging for in between charges?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Weight of E-bikes have always been off-putting to me. I gotta lift it in and out of my vehicle...

I got into GoPeds about 10 years ago, but as fun as they were, they are noisy messy beasts.
I switched to electric scooters... 36v 1000w moves my little ass around like a bullet!

GoPed had a SICK Lithium electric that is the only one [I've ridden] that outperformed mine... It had so much torque, it lifts a front tire if you are not leaning forward on acceleration.

godzone vaper

I'm the proud owner of a 2200 watts at 54.6 volts e-scooter.
Full Throttle , it spins ,or lifts the frontwheel,just as @FlyingLow said, and is a scary thing to do.
original lead acid batteries, after their lifespan build myself a new battery with lithium cells.
range is insane, I use it for shooting quick in and out of town. loving it.
if I know I will be ridding it between other traffic, I also wear a motorcycle helmet ,just for the safety. :twocents:

west-elec

Ebas is a thing like vas and gas. When you start getting addicted to the speed and power you just want to go bigger.
I tried a mate's Stealth B52 Bomber with a 6200 watt hub motor and it is amazing. So smooth, and quiet and FAST. Australian made, I think it is the rolls royce of super bikes, but at over $10k a bit out of budget (they have smaller wattage bikes slightly cheaper, but the B52 is their 'heavy artillary').
So when I saw a Sur Ron come up second hand I had to grab it. Chinese but really nice build quality and 6kw mid mount motor and 60v battery. They haven't just blurred the line between e-bike and motorbike with this beast, they did a burn out to obliterate the line altogether. With no pedals you won't be able to have the argument with the cop that pulls you over "It's just an e-bike, man", but it is so light and powerful it makes for an awesome dirt bike or enduro monster.
No clutch so anyone can ride first time without a problem, compared to learning to ride a gas motorbike this makes it much safer for beginners. If you want adrenaline by the gallon you have to give one a try.

Sur Ron.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

First time e-bike owner here. I needed a commuter. This isn't nearly as burly as the other bikes posted here, it has a 350w nominal/ 500 peak motor but I wanted something that resembled an actual bicycle and that's super easy to carry around. She comes in at 33 pounds.
Of course I only get 20-25 miles a charge but its fine with my lifestyle. Its pedal assist only and it's a single speed. It has a belt drive which is fantastic. I wasn't too in love with the absence of disc brakes but it does keep the weight down. I threw some koolstop pads on it and it has solid stopping power now.
It came with a flat/riser bar which I swapped out for a narrower bullhorn bar with some cork wrap and a more agressive stem. The new bar required new smaller brake levers. I shaved a tiny bit of weight. A full drop bar conversion wouldve been nice but I didn't want to go to the expense. I really enjoy going to and from work now. Cruising at 40kph/24mph with low effort is addicting.
IMG-20210901-193400-1.jpg

Last edited:

west-elec

First time e-bike owner here. I needed a commuter. This isn't nearly as burly as the other bikes posted here, it has a 350w nominal/ 500 peak motor but I wanted something that resembled an actual bicycle and that's super easy to carry around. She comes in at 33 pounds.
Of course I only get 20-25 miles a charge but its fine with my lifestyle. Its pedal assist only and it's a single speed. It has a belt drive which is fantastic. I wasn't too in love with the absence of disc brakes but it does keep the weight down. I threw some koolstop pads on it and it has solid stopping power now.
It came with a flat/riser bar which I swapped out for a narrower bullhorn bar with some cork wrap and a more agressive stem. The new bar required new smaller brake levers. I shaved a tiny bit of weight. A full drop bar conversion wouldve been nice but I didn't want to go to the expense. I really enjoy going to and from work now. Cruising at 40kph/24mph with low effort is addicting.
Sweet ride and you were right about it looking like a regular bike. No way you could tell that is electric at a glance.
That tube battery is so narrow it looks like it must just be 18650s dropped down the tube...

Texus

Exciting to see these more low profile, lighter weight e-bikes hit the market.

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
I posted about an ebike I was building on here once.

Very satisfied by the results. I must have hit 65km/h on it once, very reckless, but every once and a while must see how fast you can go.

I plan on bringing it bikepacking, It even solar charges the full battery in about 2-3 days. And can charge at electric car charging stations.

Here are 2 of the (4) solar arrays I have set up, you can see how small it folds up to.

Sooooo gooood

Last edited:
Top Bottom