• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood Glow

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I saw this a while ago,great craftsmanship ,but i am not really sold on the glowing coils thing. Probably can be avoided with TCR or larger coil.
41394467_2700728776619701_7856433342011156199_n.jpg

43378048_522949724841364_6055649827369356370_n.jpg

43914658_1399263946872357_1597821696190827103_n.jpg

Abysmal Vapor

@Ramahs I recall asking if the coils require to be redhot for operation in the Dobby thread, and someone was nice to get in touch with the maker and confirm that the coils indeed glow red in order to achieve sufficient vaporization temps,and after all this is why it is called the GLOW. You dont want having glowing SS coils because it degrades them and micro particles might start fall off .

wall

Coils tend to glow in watt mode when fired for a few seconds. There is a limited research that when a coil glows and hits a certain temperature the material oxidizes and that can fall off as you inhale and you then are inhaling micro metal particles. This is also a bit of a concern to me as well since my mod doesn't have an easy way to get into a TCR mode. But there are a lot of factors involved here and according to what I read nothing is conclusive, the study was more saying "this is something that can happen" so it kind of comes down to the end user wanting to take that risk or not

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I have reevaluated this and I kinda ask myself this question. If the coil is degrading to the point it breaks down and falls apart, where is that material going? The only thing I can think of is in my lungs. With that I put similar products in the drawer and just stick with my Splinter.

Beyond that I kinda feel like the designs from this company are way too similar to a lot of the competition. They have some original designs yes, but look at how many are HEAVILY influenced from companies who have put the time in before them.

Abysmal Vapor

@Other Side Everyone is influenced by someone. I get it that you are a splinter fan but as cool RBT idea is ,it is also influenced by others ideas in the same way the Glow is.
Also i think the glow is more influenced by an open project on this forum called The Project than the Splinter.
Do you think that using the TUBO software with other 510 devices isnt cool,having in mind how much time did FJ spent delevoping it ? :))
DBV/SSV got inspired from Vapor Brothers,Flashvape from MFLB,How about those ceramic chamber vaporizers..,dont get me even started on Log Vapes.. The point here is not of hating but of being able to create nice things that will serve well to the customers . From what i see the glow is still in the beta phase and also looks like it is rebuildable so there will be a big field for experimentation . The MODPOD had/has glowing issues too ,but members already have gotten around with higher gauge coils and fine software tunings, etc..

Last edited:

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I get it. I agree there is influence everywhere and in many cases those folks influenced provide credit where credit is due. Others try to claim original designs or don't acknowledge questions at all.

I am all about sharing of ideas, collaborating, what have you. This isn't about my love for the Splinter (or other RBT products), it's about how SOME of these competitors go about it.

Let me give you an example. Do you think it is ok for one vaporizer manufacturer to approach a competitor manufacturers supplier in order to obtain parts of their design for assumed R&D of their own products? I mean why not just buy it and tear it apart like all the other manufacturers do (and you are kidding yourself if you think this doesn't happen ALL the time).

As for FJ, I think it's kick ass that FJ puts the Tubo software out there for the world to use in other applications. But this is a choice he made and this is not a good example of what I am talking about.

And I'm not hating either. I happen to think there is enough opportunity in the vaporizer industry for all. I just happen to know more about some of them than others and personally it has an influence on how I feel about supporting them. This is just me. Others may not want to know or won't care.

As for the glowing of coils. Yes I understand that people are getting around it but these items are not being sold as such. They have been released as a final product and many times offer no manufacturer support on these other solutions. If they were released with these solutions we wouldn't be having this conversation despite the level of influence which again is totally acceptable if the company is above board about said influence.

In the end only the user can decide on what is an acceptable level of health risk. I am not trying to tell anyone else how they should feel or what they should buy. I am only offering my own perspective on these subjects. In many cases I know too much behind the scenes information on this and would probably serve myself better to keep my mouth shut but unfortunately that's not my strong suit either.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Edit button gone...

I also want to say that aesthetically these look like nice units. Dreamwood does have some great woods they use in their products. Can't take that away from them...

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
**MOD POST**

I feel compelled to post in this thread as it has recently come to our attention that @Other Side is a retailer now and his wife's website sells a direct competitor to this product. Given that fact, his participation in this thread is wholly inappropriate. I'll leave it to the reader's judgment to gauge any potential bias in his remarks, but I felt that full disclosure was needed here and that is the reason for this mod post.

Please don't respond to his posts in this thread as he is no longer able to post in vape threads, but you may PM him if you like.

Thank you.

:peace:

kuzko

Looks interesting but if it’s just a 510 deck (Stempod) with a wooden casing then it’s less interesting. Would be cool to know what the heater is.

kuzko,
**MOD POST**

I feel compelled to post in this thread as it has recently come to our attention that @Other Side is a retailer now and his wife's website sells a direct competitor to this product. Given that fact, his participation in this thread is wholly inappropriate. I'll leave it to the reader's judgment to gauge any potential bias in his remarks, but I felt that full disclosure was needed here and that is the reason for this mod post.

Please don't respond to his posts in this thread as he is no longer able to post in vape threads, but you may PM him if you like.

Thank you.

:peace:
Awesome work Stu

Hippie

Like the look of this project.
I've been waiting for someone to drill out (and hopefully line) a nice bit of wood to go on an RDA base, and put a stem in.

Dunno about the name tho as glowy coils tend to have a metallic taste in my experience and besides, as said, they don't have to glow to do the job.

little maggie

The coils on the MVT glow. I thought that was kind of standard on these vapes. I haven't bought a dreamwood but I like some of their designs. With the nomad and iheat coming in the next month or so I probably won't be buying one. Still it's nice to have more options for those starting out.

little maggie,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I really love the artistic shape of the proto types. Nice addition, looking forward to seeing it in action and hearing feedback.

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: vapmanjoe

little maggie

I wonder if this will get finished. I don't have any of their products because I don't like butane but their woodwork is beautiful.

little maggie,

Abysmal Vapor

I just noticed, that the Glow is released! I dont have any experience with 510 devices and follow this one since some time. I'm tempted :brow:

https://greendream.shop/epages/a89f...5565032e2.mobile/en_US/?ViewObjectID=19287267

Would be nice if the Dreamwood Team would join this thread telling us a bit about this gem
They look amazing.. I am curious to see the build deck and the coils. ""The heating wires must glow evenly!"" ,but can the glow be avoided with higher gauge or more wire ?

Abysmal Vapor,

wisausnk

So hi there, im one of the lucky ones that could test some Prototype glows from @Dreamwood now that the final Product is aviable i would love to share some insides with you:

First off the Glow is a full convection 510 atty Vaporizer that works with a coil in the Base and than has a Wooden Body, all is custom made beside the Coils. The Vaporizer works with every 510 battery that has at least 50W but i would suggest an 70W to be sure not to use the battery at their limit. The Base is custom made for @Dreamwood and in the first Batch the Woodwork is handmade by dreamwood and there are still some aviable at greendream.shop

So the principe is simple but it was a long way to go until the Product was perfect. The Base is fully customizable, it comes with a dual kanthal Coil but its up to you at the end what you like to use. But we found out that a dual coil at around 0.7 ohm is the best way to go.

I use the Glow at 46W and can vape thru the bowl in 2-3 hits, absolutly 0 combustion and pure taste.

There are two versions aviable,

the first one is the 14mm one, it has a bowl in the atty and takes about 0.15g of herb

the second one is the 18mm version, great for bong users with bowl in the mouthpiece and takes about 0.2-0.25g

If you have any questions feel free to ask, i try to answer all. You can also find me on Instagram as Weedfande where i have a lot of pictures of the glow thru its evolution...

Hope i could bring some light into this Thread
bild-2a8c8a-1546954395.jpg.html

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
The Vaporizer works with every 510 battery that has at least 50W but i would suggest an 70W to be sure not to use the battery at their limit.

The way you phrased it is quite misleading. It's the cell CDR rating that is important, not the mod maximum power. It's perfectly possible to get the ubiquitous evic VTC mini which can fire up to 75W and use it with a cell that's absolutely not up to par (ex: HG2 and 30Q can't output 70W safely)

it comes with a dual kanthal Coil but its up to you at the end what you like to use

So it means no TC support out of the box?

wisausnk

The way you phrased it is quite misleading. It's the cell CDR rating that is important, not the mod maximum power. It's perfectly possible to get the ubiquitous evic VTC mini which can fire up to 75W and use it with a cell that's absolutely not up to par (ex: HG2 and 30Q can't output 70W safely)

Yeah I ment if you use modboxes and your own 18650s not to go with the cheapest 50w box.

So it means no TC support out of the box?

Not out of the box but possible, you can regulate the heat thru air intake and W its pretty easy to get used to it.

Top Bottom