• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dreamwood DLX series One/Pro/M Bongvaporizer

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I took the DLX M out to my friends last night with my smallest j-hook and ended my 1-week t-break. Two smallish bowls obliterated me totally. The second one, I thought at first I had combusted, so thick was the vapour, but the herbs were just a medium to darkish brown with no hot spots or charring (second draw was only whispy). I was still able to function physically but cycling home, I was glad to run on autopilot because I did not recognize where I was at times ;)
I still love the combo j-hook and 4-flame torch. I don't get as big clouds or even extraction with a bong or smaller lighters. No combustion has occurred yet, but I also think the j-hook gives you a better sensual feedback than through water.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I took the DLX M out to my friends last night with my smallest j-hook and ended my 1-week t-break. Two smallish bowls obliterated me totally. The second one, I thought at first I had combusted, so thick was the vapour, but the herbs were just a medium to darkish brown with no hot spots or charring (second draw was only whispy). I was still able to function physically but cycling home, I was glad to run on autopilot because I did not recognize where I was at times ;)
I still love the combo j-hook and 4-flame torch. I don't get as big clouds or even extraction with a bong or smaller lighters. No combustion has occurred yet, but I also think the j-hook gives you a better sensual feedback than through water.

Yeah I should try it dry to learn better, still don't have a j hook somehow though I always wanted one... 4flame torch certainly is a big flame!

Shit Snacks

Another double post, come on guys! :p I know it is a strong vape though, makes testing a little trickier, especially if you don't use water a lot... Got mine neutralized and went through a few more bowls yesterday though, back to back getting the hang of it with the included Atomic torch now for a bigger flame that allows me to control the hit primarily with just my draw.

If you want to load less, you can also try tamping it down, enough to cover the screen (which are in fact Daisy/Brick 5/8inch size btw, came with a course mesh, I'm on a finer mesh now that I replaced mine). In first photo below I was vaping just like .15g or so, it shrinks as you hit it. Next one I loaded more like .25g probably (there's a few photos of that at various stages) and then the last one has probably nearly .3g or so loaded... It seems the bowl could probably hold over .5g if you really want it to. Still on demand pure convection so plenty efficient either way.

90BwFKw.jpg

5kqoe7z.jpg

5kqoe7z.jpg
5kqoe7z.jpg

nPd3pP7.jpg

7oRlSWA.jpg

ix0faFd.jpg

I think that last one is a fresh bowl of a mystery freebie, taste like a Banana OG perhaps? The other photos are the last of my Sour Headband, I think one of those maybe fresh green too, but I don't remember lol. Suffice to say I really enjoy this vape, the whole line seems great, but the DLX-M in particular is extremely ergonomic for use as a bubbler vape bowl, great design!

925x8lW.jpg

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
I know it is a strong vape though, makes testing a little trickier
I use CBD-flower to train ;). Also as I just posted in the dobby thread, I use a convex screen (the original formed into a shallow basket) that works best for smaller loads to get a "critical mass" of flower at the hot air pass-through channel.
And this vape is the optimal complement to my vaponic+ that I use for relaxed sessions and concentrates. The DLX-M provides very tasty but powerful hits: sit down have a quick lung full of dense vapor and be done with it.

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks Your top o-rings off alignment and out of place !!!!
I still love my DLX pro, great light flavourful hits from it. If I didn't have so many outstanding bills I would of grabbed a Hightower or Punch by now.

Haha I see that now. Oh well didn't affect performance. I find the o ring holes not perfectly fit for them, bottom one needs to be inserted when already around the GonG actually. Once you get them sealed properly that doesn't affect performance, and regular units are probably fine

I would like the try a Pro and One, I also have an idea for a potential variant... But this is so simple and so effective, I don't know why there isn't more interest here. I still want to try a FlipBrick some day too, but probably not for a long while since the DLX-M is even smaller so its more useful on a bubbler, it is kind of like having a SpinBrick! Except unique Dreamwood style

Cl4ud3

Haha I see that now. Oh well didn't affect performance. I find the o ring holes not perfectly fit for them, bottom one needs to be inserted when already around the GonG actually. Once you get them sealed properly that doesn't affect performance, and regular units are probably fine

I would like the try a Pro and One, I also have an idea for a potential variant... But this is so simple and so effective, I don't know why there isn't more interest here. I still want to try a FlipBrick some day too, but probably not for a long while since the DLX-M is even smaller so its more useful on a bubbler, it is kind of like having a SpinBrick! Except unique Dreamwood style
Yes I tried even using 2 o-rings at one point, still it's nothing that isn't easily lived with.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
A nice shiny morning to take out my DLXOne, used 2 lighters, the smaller for the first half session for tasty hits and the bigger for the rest, I slightly charred the load for the last hit but I was not cautious enough. I don't play a lot with my butane powered vaporizers actually and it was missing to me!

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
So did also some testing :science: - for small loads a S&B capsule lid on top of the load works really good to prevent scorched hot spots and results in more uniform abv, seems to even out the temp really good and adds only a minimal heatsink... and yes, the complete S&B Capsules work also nice :)
But in original setup it's tricky not to scorch/combust, just like the flipbrick it seems (don't tell em the cap lid hack ;) :D)...still a bit strange, tested a lot of torches, techniques etc and in comparison i never even scorched a bit in my sticky brick jr :hmm:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
But in original setup it's tricky not to scorch/combust, just like the flipbrick it seems (don't tell em the cap lid hack ;) :D)...still a bit strange, tested a lot of torches, techniques etc and in comparison i never even scorched a bit in my sticky brick jr :hmm:
I may sound like a broken record, but try a 4-flame torch. The flame is much wider and seems to create a solid wall of heat. That is the only way I can get very thick low temp (guessed by taste and herb color - which is still green) hits (very tasty) on the first draw. I think it is because the heat fluctuation, due to variability in draw speed, is relatively low and the heat wall keeps it relatively constant in respect to draw speed and other factors. I tested all my 8 torches and the quad-flame produces the tastiest, fastest and most constant results, as well as the most complete extraction.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here my review of the DLXOne. I get a Ebony and Olive woods vaporizer with a Maple vapo-pipe. Thanks to DreamWood vaporizers!

This a butane powered vaporizer designed to be used with a water pipe but since it comes with the Vapo-pipe you can use it dry too.

It comes with some accessories (screens, o-rings, wood wax,stirrer and 14 to 18mm glass adaptater) in a nice packaging protected by a good amount of hemp fibers.

The unit fits a 14mm joint but the glass reducer (18 to 14 mm) make it easy to fit the 18mm glass joint. Here a pic of my unit on the atomic bubbler (you can see the Vapo-pipe attachment too):
OZqLsM6.jpg

It works with a lighter as a heat source (direct heating). I found the vapor of the DLXOne to come slightly slower than for the Dobby since the longer path between the lighter flame and the load it's something normal and less an issue when you use it with a water pipe since you can see the vapor. This is helps to avoid charring. Although if you prefer shorter heating time you can use a bigger lighter (best for concentrate use).

With the Vapo-pipe attachment the vapor is as easy to get as with the Dobby (shorter path between flame and load).

The vapor quality is very good, no wood taste for me but a slightly weird tane taste could happens (similar to the Vapocane direct heating method), try to shortened your heating time to avoid that. It's easy to get the clouds you are looking for but need some practice, I found it more difficult to master than the Dobby.

That's not just another butane vape, the nice thing is it comes from Europe and it works very well. It's a pretty good and cheap option if you like to vape with a water pipe mainly and don't want to deal with batteries. It's always good to get some good butane powered vapes and I can see a lot of combuster/bong smokers could enjoy this vaporizers, especially if they live in a truck!

Don't hesitate to ask, thanks for looking!

Shit Snacks

Here my review of the DLXOne. I get a Ebony and Olive woods vaporizer with a Maple vapo-pipe. Thanks to DreamWood vaporizers!

This a butane powered vaporizer designed to be used with a water pipe but since it comes with the Vapo-pipe you can use it dry too.

It comes with some accessories (screens, o-rings, wood wax,stirrer and 14 to 18mm glass adaptater) in a nice packaging protected by a good amount of hemp fibers.

The unit fits a 14mm joint but the glass reducer (18 to 14 mm) make it easy to fit the 18mm glass joint. Here a pic of my unit on the atomic bubbler (you can see the Vapo-pipe attachment too):
OZqLsM6.jpg

It works with a lighter as a heat source (direct heating). I found the vapor of the DLXOne to come slightly slower than for the Dobby since the longer path between the lighter flame and the load it's something normal and less an issue when you use it with a water pipe since you can see the vapor. This is helps to avoid charring. Although if you prefer shorter heating time you can use a bigger lighter (best for concentrate use).

With the Vapo-pipe attachment the vapor is as easy to get as with the Dobby (shorter path between flame and load).

The vapor quality is very good, no wood taste for me but a slightly weird tane taste could happens (similar to the Vapocane direct heating method), try to shortened your heating time to avoid that. It's easy to get the clouds you are looking for but need some practice, I found it more difficult to master than the Dobby.

That's not just another butane vape, the nice thing is it comes from Europe and it works very well. It's a pretty good and cheap option if you like to vape with a water pipe mainly and don't want to deal with batteries. It's always good to get some good butane powered vapes and I can see a lot of combuster/bong smokers could enjoy this vaporizers, especially if they live in a truck!

Don't hesitate to ask, thanks for looking!

Nice write up dude, but it looks like you actually have a DLX pro and not a one btw, a beauty.

I had a really nice bowl in my DLX-M the other day, some Sour OG just chunked, broke up and crumbled more after each hit. Good stuff

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Here's another little tip for microdosing, 18mm rimmed elbow screens (like the One comes with) fit right in and seal so you could do a narrower bowl, here a tamped shallow load:

YtsxT9H.jpg

I did another bowl after this the standard way, I understand the 4flame torch appeal since it is so draw based. Just inhale fast and deep for big clouds pulling heat from a big flame, I am still using the lowest setting on the atomic torch though... Even threw some mystery hashy crumble on the herbs in that second bowl, stuck the flame in a little deeper, but still its the deep fast inhale that brings the clouds with no scorch

Dreamwood

engineer, designer, producer
Manufacturer
Hey guys!

Nice to see here is something going on ;)

Thanks for your posts/reviews and comments!

The o-rings can be waxed/oiled a bit (with the "woodpolishwax") from time to time...this way the glass parts slide in very easy!

The o-rings for the DLX outtake/14mm adapter are not the same as the ones for the Dobby mouthpiece! That could lead to some confusion. The o-ring should fit the hole and sit on the step.

I like to use my DLX vapes with a medium size flame.
First hit is to heat the bowl, slow inhalation, flame tip 1cm away from the heat intake tube. (little bit vapor, very flavourful)

Second hit i start with the flame tip 1cm away from the heatintake like the first hit, then i go into the tube with the tip of the flame and inhale faster. (big lungbusting hit of thick vapor)

Third hit the same and the load is done.
:)

Its really easy!
But you need to learn how to do it.
Everyone has a other inhaltion speed and lenght.
But start with a small flame and try around a bit with that.
If you get the hang of it, set the flame somewhat bigger and try around with this.
And so on...in no time you finish a bowl with two big hits...if you want to!

If you use a triple flame jetlighter or something like that, please be careful to not burn yourself! the heatintake get very hot this way!

I only use single flame jetlighters! So the heatintake gets not that hot and you don't burn yourself severely!

Stay safe guys and fuck combustion!

peace & love
Mr.Dreamwood

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
@Dreamwood thanks for the advice. I am fine with the heat thing (coming from a vapocane as my bong replacement). Most issues (not really;) ) I have with this device is that it fucks up my tolerance gets me blasted extremely quick with very little herb. During weekdays, I love using it with CBD-hemp mixed with CBD-kief (which you can buy legally here). My favorite is using the CBD-version after a heavy workout, which helps with regeneration and produces an excellent body-stone and makes me sleep like a baby.

Shit Snacks

XWk6StE.jpg

Tried this today, to worked extremely well. If anyone wants a minimalist bong bubbler water vape this is such an ideal, a universal option for herbs and concentrates (I used bunched steel mesh here, hemp fiber works and others too) that also works dry with a j hook or the like. I feel like these vapes should be more popular than they appear here... It could be international hesitance, but I ordered from California and it got here from Germany quickly with no issues at all, the price is a great value even with shipping for everything it can do and how well it does

Shit Snacks

XWk6StE.jpg

Tried this today, to worked extremely well. If anyone wants a minimalist bong bubbler water vape this is such an ideal, a universal option for herbs and concentrates (I used bunched steel mesh here, hemp fiber works and others too) that also works dry with a j hook or the like. I feel like these vapes should be more popular than they appear here... It could be international hesitance, but I ordered from California and it got here from Germany quickly with no issues at all, the price is a great value even with shipping for everything it can do and how well it does

Yeah I've actually been using my DLX-M as a dabber more and more lately. It is a pretty simple and effective set up for convection concentrates, not to mention herbs! :tup:

Schroedinger

Sober and stoned
Nice. What sort of meshes do you use? I found myself using it with (traditional) hash lately just crumbled into the bowl (convex see my earlier posts). This gives you very dense and tasty vapor. The only downside is that I need at least 0.08g (0.1 for optimal results) which is not feasible for me during daytime.

Shit Snacks

Nice. What sort of meshes do you use? I found myself using it with (traditional) hash lately just crumbled into the bowl (convex see my earlier posts). This gives you very dense and tasty vapor. The only downside is that I need at least 0.08g (0.1 for optimal results) which is not feasible for me during daytime.

What's in the photo is just some bunched up shredded stainless steel mesh from RBT, reused it many times, may be time to toss it though... I tried hemp fiber too, but can't go as high with the temp then. Hash is okay but the other two I have are better, the OG one pictured and another little booger ball, all three were freebies

MrMonss

Hello guys,
Just had a dlxM, same as you @paehtod, the ELM version. This thing is hot, this thing is fire in the house, this thing is dope. Enormous cloudz at the meeting. I'm in guys !!

EDIT: Pick up also a RoastyDuo, and have not yet passed the observation stage. The wood is beautiful.

Shit Snacks

Hello guys,
Just had a dlxM, same as you @paehtod, the ELM version. This thing is hot, this thing is fire in the house, this thing is dope. Enormous cloudz at the meeting. I'm in guys !!

EDIT: Pick up also a RoastyDuo, and have not yet passed the observation stage. The wood is beautiful.

Nice! Any photos? There is also a Roasty thread too btw, look forward to seeing you there...

MrMonss

Thanks @Shit Snacks ,

Precisely, the only two negative points in my opinion are that:

The photos hardly do justice to the beauty of the object (especially in a basement with a cellphone).
It is quite easy to combust with a triple flame lighter and alcohol in the blood.
Here's my torchable lineup at the moment (the roasty may become an "omnivong" soon)..

img-20180103-213230153_imagesia-com_1fg13.jpg

Last edited:

paehtod

Thanks @Shit Snacks ,

Precisely, the only two negative points in my opinion are that:

The photos hardly do justice to the beauty of the object (especially in a basement with a cellphone).
It is quite easy to combust with a triple flame lighter and alcohol in the blood.
Here's my torchable lineup at the moment (the roasty may become an "omnivong" soon)..

img-20180103-213230153_imagesia-com_1fg13.jpg

Its so beautiful, I think you got the exactly piece that displayed in the sample photo on their shop or my posted that sample photo, my one just shipped out, have to wait may be 2 weeks from German to Hong Kong :zzz:

Top Bottom