Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
My Switch has been working like a dream as a induction heater for my Dynavap. I got a Lucid Apollo 2 so I don’t beat my Switch up.

I Feel my Switch heats the Dynavap better than the Apollo 2. It’s gonna take some time getting use to the Apollo 2. I definitely have to hold way past the click on the Apollo 2. The Switch just gets me to the click faster and heats the load better.
I’m still going to use my Switch for on the go because my Apollo 2 is strictly plug-in.

Last edited:

DabberChase

Company Rep
I sure hope to see the 3-packs of the 'standard' oil induction cups come back. I'm on my last cup now and need to restock!

I guess I'm in the minority; I really prefer the simplicity and efficiency of the standard oil induction cups over the crystal and quartz cups.

We no longer offer 3 packs, but we still offer discounts on 3 or more cups/atomizers. Head over to the product page and add 3 or more to your cart and you will receive a 20% discount. This is the same discount we offered with the 3 packs. Now you can get as many as you like and still receive the discount.

Let me know if you have any questions.

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
I'm also waiting for the Sapphire induction cup. I've wanted to try that for a long time now, but have not ever seen it in stock when I check the online store. Will keep checking this month. Another question I have is would a 3rd party ruby insert work in crystal mode?

DabberChase

Company Rep
I'm also waiting for the Sapphire induction cup. I've wanted to try that for a long time now, but have not ever seen it in stock when I check the online store. Will keep checking this month. Another question I have is would a 3rd party ruby insert work in crystal mode?

We only had a limited run with the first batch of Sapphire inserts. We are expecting to have these back in stock later next month.

Unfortunately, I can not give accurate information on 3rd party inserts, but I have heard other customers that enjoy using 3rd party inserts and they work well in crystal mode, but you may need to turn the temperature up slightly.

In other news, we have launch our CBD cartridge line today. Make sure to check it out.

Stdudez

Hello Dr. Dabber Switch owners! After a long debate on which eNail to buy - it came down to the Focus V Carta and the Switch..... I finally landed on the switch and just got it in this week! Liking it so far - but not LOVING it.... I know it’s due to user error and inexperience. I’m hoping to get some advice....

First off - I mostly bought the switch to dab Rosin I am pressing at home. After the first few uses I can’t seem to dial in the right balance of temperature and terps without burning the Rosin.

A little background - I started out using the separately purchased quartz induction cup and quartz banger.... coming from a Dabado Bolt Pro 2 - I always used the quartz banger and found it to be superior flavor... I put the switch in quartz mode as instructed and I think I started on one of the middle temp settings. I got a large hit but it was burnt tasting and burnt the shit out of my rosin scorching it into the quartz banger.... I was sort of put off by this, so I switched over to the included ceramic induction cup for concentrate (white one) thinking it may be easier to use, as the titanium nail with my Bolt Pro 2 was easier to dial in and familiarize myself with the device .... also, that one seems to be easier to clean since you can do the self-cleaning mode when your not in crystal mode.... however even with the easier to use cup I can’t seem to find a good temp balance. It worked better than my experience with the quartz, but didn’t work well compared to my other concentrate dab devices. I’ve tried lower temp (not enough vapor, wastes Rosin) - middle end (more vapor but almost always burnt flavor and scorched Rosin in the cup), and high end (giant ass cloud - certainly scorched tasting and burnt into cup)....

So I need some advice from you seasoned pros.....

1) for those of you using the quartz induction cup - what are your settings? Is anyone else using thick Rosin or Wax/Shatter that can speak to the best settings and how to make the Switch shine in these instances? Do you cold load or hot load the dab for the best? Has anyone tried the little ruby balls for their cups to expand surface area?

2) for flower - I once again can’t seem to find a nice balance of vapor production and not scorching the flower. I’m not as concerned about vaping flower with this thing - I bought it for Rosin - but it would be nice to dial it in since it is advertised as being a flower vape and many people seem to enjoy the flower vape as well.

I hope the tone of my message isn’t anything other than needing help - I love the Switch so far, and I feel like I will get this figured out and truly LOVE it! I’m definitely not new to vaping. Been vaping flower forever - and I just got into vaping Rosin with several devices in the last 8 months, so I feel like I should have this dialed in by now.

Thanks for any help FC friends!

LAWTHEONE

Hello Dr. Dabber Switch owners! After a long debate on which eNail to buy - it came down to the Focus V Carta and the Switch..... I finally landed on the switch and just got it in this week! Liking it so far - but not LOVING it.... I know it’s due to user error and inexperience. I’m hoping to get some advice....

First off - I mostly bought the switch to dab Rosin I am pressing at home. After the first few uses I can’t seem to dial in the right balance of temperature and terps without burning the Rosin.

A little background - I started out using the separately purchased quartz induction cup and quartz banger.... coming from a Dabado Bolt Pro 2 - I always used the quartz banger and found it to be superior flavor... I put the switch in quartz mode as instructed and I think I started on one of the middle temp settings. I got a large hit but it was burnt tasting and burnt the shit out of my rosin scorching it into the quartz banger.... I was sort of put off by this, so I switched over to the included ceramic induction cup for concentrate (white one) thinking it may be easier to use, as the titanium nail with my Bolt Pro 2 was easier to dial in and familiarize myself with the device .... also, that one seems to be easier to clean since you can do the self-cleaning mode when your not in crystal mode.... however even with the easier to use cup I can’t seem to find a good temp balance. It worked better than my experience with the quartz, but didn’t work well compared to my other concentrate dab devices. I’ve tried lower temp (not enough vapor, wastes Rosin) - middle end (more vapor but almost always burnt flavor and scorched Rosin in the cup), and high end (giant ass cloud - certainly scorched tasting and burnt into cup)....

1) for those of you using the quartz induction cup - what are your settings? Is anyone else using thick Rosin or Wax/Shatter that can speak to the best settings and how to make the Switch shine in these instances? Do you cold load or hot load the dab for the best? Has anyone tried the little ruby balls for their cups to expand surface area?

2) for flower - I once again can’t seem to find a nice balance of vapor production and not scorching the flower. I’m not as concerned about vaping flower with this thing - I bought it for Rosin - but it would be nice to dial it in since it is advertised as being a flower vape and many people seem to enjoy the flower vape as well.

I hope the tone of my message isn’t anything other than needing help - I love the Switch so far, and I feel like I will get this figured out and truly LOVE it! I’m definitely not new to vaping. Been vaping flower forever - and I just got into vaping Rosin with several devices in the last 8 months, so I feel like I should have this dialed in by now.

I use my Switch exclusively with home pressed rosin. I use the quartz cup In crystal mode. Sometimes small increments in temperature can mean the difference between a great hit, a burnt hit, or underwhelming hit. Gradual decreases in temperature until you land on the right temperature. I believe there’s something like 25 or 30 temperatures. So it’s a lot of experiments hitting or missing. Also different strains could require a higher or lower temperature.

Don’t give up I’ve tried but a lot of different portable enails and I found this one to be the best by far. I also suggest the decanter or directional carb cap.

Good luck and I hope you get everything worked out!

Stdudez

I use my Switch exclusively with home pressed rosin. I use the quartz cup In crystal mode. Sometimes small increments in temperature can mean the difference between a great hit, a burnt hit, or underwhelming hit. Gradual decreases in temperature until you land on the right temperature. I believe there’s something like 25 or 30 temperatures. So it’s a lot of experiments hitting or missing. Also different strains could require a higher or lower temperature.

Don’t give up I’ve tried but a lot of different portable enails and I found this one to be the best by far. I also suggest the decanter or directional carb cap.

Good luck and I hope you get everything worked out!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement dude - I saw a bunch of your posts reading this thread leading up to buying the switch - I know I’ll love it as much as you soon!

I’ll go back to the quartz cup and experiment until I dial it in.

What’s the easiest method of cleaning a scorched cup? Butane torch? Seems like even 99% iso doesn’t take that shit off

Also, I have the bubble cap which seems a lot like the decanter cap in terms of functionality. Is there any difference functionally that would behoove me to buy the decanter or directional caps?

Lastly, do you cold load prior to heating or hot load?

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

Thanks for the advice and encouragement dude - I saw a bunch of your posts reading this thread leading up to buying the switch - I know I’ll love it as much as you soon!

I’ll go back to the quartz cup and experiment until I dial it in.

What’s the easiest method of cleaning a scorched cup? Butane torch? Seems like even 99% iso doesn’t take that shit off

Also, I have the bubble cap which seems a lot like the decanter cap in terms of functionality. Is there any difference functionally that would behoove me to buy the decanter or directional caps?

Lastly, do you cold load prior to heating or hot load?

I’ll like to cold load. I’ve never tried the bubble cap. I like to cold load. I’ve never tried the bubble cap. It is hard as fuck to get the burnt out of the quartz cup. I soak it in some rubbing alcohol. Then I take a toothbrush and circle around in the cup. I rotate between alcohol and hot water out of my faucet while using the toothbrush with both. After a few minutes I’ve been able to get it clean. Just scrub over top of a towel or something because the cup gets real slippery and will break if it lands on a hard surface.

jsnstanley

I almost exclusively vape Rosin and shatter. I cold load a rice to pea size dab in quartz cup, using crystal mode set at highest dark blue setting and increase temps from there. Rosin is ‘dirtier’ than shatter so it tends to leave burnt residue. Torching always cleans them like new. Of course good preventive maintenance with Q-tip swabbing after each load will help. I prefer the directional carb cap as it’s substantial in weight, sits into the ‘well’ , doesn’t tip off and provides a good draw.

Stdudez

This was SOOO helpful guys!! I found the perfect settings for all materials and bangers thanks to you!

Quartz on the highest dark blue setting of crystal mode is PERFECT for complete vaporization of the Rosin and very little reclaim/cleaning. Perfect giant rips with the most flavorful perfect non-burnt rips I’ve ever had from ANY Enail.

Flower took a little longer and more experimentation to dial in. I roll advanced mode on the first tier of heat settings on the 3rd temp step. Perfecto! Very little or no burnt material and with a fill to the brim and light finger tamp-down (just enough to fit the tweezers in the top to drop it in). This yields about 3 perfect draws within the 30 second session time setup... first one FLAVORTOWN but whispy vapor, second one perfect flavor and more vapor, 3rd vapor laden and still very nice non-combusted/burnt flavor.

I’m absolutely ecstatic and so pleased with this device. I consider myself a power user as I’ve always been a tinkerer, builder of PC’s and DiY grow lights etc - so this thing is the kind of shit I love.

I always love FC and the people on this forum. Thanks Alain for your help getting me into PERFECTION with this baby - which is without a doubt the king of all enails.

DabberChase

Company Rep

We always recommend starting low and working your way up to find the best setting for your personal needs, especially in flower mode. Lower heat settings in flower mode will give you a traditional vapor experience whereas higher heat settings will give more of a bong like effect.

The best advice I can give is to make sure the induction chamber is completely sealed off while in use. Make sure to use all included silicone seals for best results. If you are using the Bubble Cap, we recommend placing the silicone seal from the standard carb cap on your glass attachment to get a good seal. Here is a quick instructional video.

Make sure to check out our Switch knowledge base for even more tips and tricks or shoot us an email and we will be happy to assist you further with this.

Happy Dabbing!

Stdudez

We always recommend starting low and working your way up to find the best setting for your personal needs, especially in flower mode. Lower heat settings in flower mode will give you a traditional vapor experience whereas higher heat settings will give more of a bong like effect.

The best advice I can give is to make sure the induction chamber is completely sealed off while in use. Make sure to use all included silicone seals for best results. If you are using the Bubble Cap, we recommend placing the silicone seal from the standard carb cap on your glass attachment to get a good seal. Here is a quick instructional video.

Make sure to check out our Switch knowledge base for even more tips and tricks or shoot us an email and we will be happy to assist you further with this.

Happy Dabbing!

Thanks and it’s good to see the company rep active in this community! I definitely learned to start low - and I ended up liking the lower temp settings most anyways for flavor! I can honestly say I LOVE the Switch - worth every penny and its the best eNail out there. Period.

As for using the bubble cap - I think it’s an incredible must-have upgrade for only $20 (or if you want something most shatter proof/heavy duty get the decanter cap). The boys at Cream City Vapes hooked me up with a thicker extra seal that is perfect to use with the bubble cap!

Also, I think the ceramic induction cup is nice for concentrate - but I prefer the flavors of the quartz banger and induction cup.

If you guys haven’t checked out Cream City Vapes - check em out. Great dudes over there and only place I’ll ever buy Vapes because of it.

DabberChase

Company Rep
Switch Sic Cups and Sapphire Cups are available on our website now! We also have a couple new custom carb caps on our site. We will have new glass attachments releasing soon, so make sure to keep an eye out for these as well.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday season. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Morberis

I got my SiC and sapphire cups in over the holidays. I've had some time on them and so have a few other people I know and we've done some blind taste tests comparing it to Eternal Quartz extra tall insert. We did not compare to the stock cups. Each person had fresh like-new cleaned inserts and dabs from the same package that were the same size. Each person took 2 hits @ lvl 6 and lvl 16. The different level hits were on separate days. Hold time was set at 15 seconds rather than the stock 30 seconds and several hits were taken over that 15 seconds. We used the Bubble Carb Cap with the stock peculator.

2 of these people have never used the Switch before and did not believe that hits could be flavourful. Seriously you can get very distinct flavours. Some of them have been very citrusy, one breed tastes like a grapefruit, another we call grandma's house because it always tastes like our grandparents house smells. By that it has a very distinct musky flavour. The flavours also come through alot stronger on the Switch's low temp settings compared with using a torch with a normal dab rig. It's just so much easier to get repeatable results as well.

Both of them beat the Eternal quartz insert for flavour and size of the cloud. I did not expect this, I thought that the quartz insert would taste similar but it ended up unanimous between 5 people.

The sapphire cup definitely had more flavour than the SiC but we had some debate on the size of the clouds when at lvl 16. The flavours definitely came through alot stronger with this cup. Cleaning this cup is a chore. You can't torch it and long Iso soaks won't get everything neither will just a q-tip. It took a long bath and then multiple scrubs with the q-tip to clean it if it had baked on product. One thing that I did find helpful was scrubbing it under running water because that would flush it as I scrubbed. Worked better than using a dry or iso soaked q-tip. I wonder if a silicone tipped tool would work well as a scrubber.

The SiC cup works very well at low temperatures. It works so well at low temperatures that it compares with other cups set maybe 5 levels higher. Now this is at a 15 second hold time so maybe over the stock 30 second hold time the less thermally conductive cups would be acting similar but if you're just taking 1 or 2 hits right when the Switch turns green the SiC will vaporize more product. We found that the SiC would be completely smoked out over 1-2 lvl 16 cycles while the sapphire cup would require 1-2 more cycles to use all the product. This cup will get you the most cycles per your battery charge because you can use lower temp settings. The fit inside the titanium cup was also very impressive. It sealed well enough that it was like an air spring which meant great thermal contact. It also means that if you get something on the rim and it gets in between the 2 cups they will be very difficult to get apart.

The quartz cup was the worst of all of them. It required the same temperature settings as the sapphire cup but had the flavour profile of the SiC cup. It also took the longest to cool down so after the cycle finished you could get more hits from it. That could be a plus or a negative.

Also I've got to give a shout out to @DabberChase and the Dr Dab support. Super impressed all around. Great quick responses back when I've had an issue. After 11 months I was having some battery issues where even when plugged it in wouldn't indicate full charge and would never indicate a full charge. Replaced it no problem. I also ordered in a fumed carb cap and it had bubbles in the glass.

DabberChase

Company Rep
Question for @DabberChase or anyone who has tried: can you use Storz & Bickel dosing capsules in the Switch on herb mode? Thanks!

I have not tried these in the Switch yet and I have not spoken with any customers who have tried them either. DabTabs work great with the Switch and these dabbing caps look similar, so I am pretty positive that these will work with the Switch unit. The Switch will pretty much vaporize most materials. If you do try this out, please give us some feedback.

Hopefully someone else in this thread can shine more light on this.

edabber

I have not tried these in the Switch yet and I have not spoken with any customers who have tried them either. DabTabs work great with the Switch and these dabbing caps look similar, so I am pretty positive that these will work with the Switch unit. The Switch will pretty much vaporize most materials. If you do try this out, please give us some feedback.

Hopefully someone else in this thread can shine more light on this.

The S&B dosing capsules are totally different than DabTabs. The dosing capsules are small steel containers that you fill with ground herb to be used in convection vaporizers. They work with many other brands of dry herb vapes besides S&B, but none of them have induction heating as far as I know. Do you know if it could damage my Switch if I were to try?

edabber,

DabberChase

Company Rep
The S&B dosing capsules are totally different than DabTabs. The dosing capsules are small steel containers that you fill with ground herb to be used in convection vaporizers. They work with many other brands of dry herb vapes besides S&B, but none of them have induction heating as far as I know. Do you know if it could damage my Switch if I were to try?

I see what you are saying now. As long as you are using an induction cup and place these capsules inside the induction cup, if they fit, then you should have no issues. I would not recommend trying to use the Switch or these capsules without an induction cup. This may harm the Switch electronics.

edabber

I see what you are saying now. As long as you are using an induction cup and place these capsules inside the induction cup, if they fit, then you should have no issues. I would not recommend trying to use the Switch or these capsules without an induction cup. This may harm the Switch electronics.

The dosing capsule doesn’t fit inside the induction cup but it can sit on top without reaching the edges or touching anything else. Would that be safe? Also, are all the titanium induction cups interchangeable with the different inserts? Thanks!

DabberChase

Company Rep
The dosing capsule doesn’t fit inside the induction cup but it can sit on top without reaching the edges or touching anything else. Would that be safe? Also, are all the titanium induction cups interchangeable with the different inserts? Thanks!

This should not harm the unit, but it may not get the capsule hot enough to vaporize your materials.

Yes, all inserts are compatible with any Ti cup.

DabberChase,
Top Bottom