Dr.Dabber Boost Evo

Mr. Induction

I just recently got my black Boost Evo and wanted to share my thoughts. I heavily use my Dr Dabber switch most of the time , but had multiple erigs ( Focus Carta , Puffco Peak, Graveda) over the time.

The biggest plus for me was that I saw a Reddit post , showing a Focus Carta Quartz insert being used in the Boost Evo. Since Iā€™ve been using them also in my switch, that made my day. I donā€™t like the fact that an insert cannot be taken out to be torched. That was one of the main reasons I never updated to the Peak Pro and finally pulled the trigger for the Evo.

Btw, the Carta inserts are tall and can touch the opening from the Glass attachment slightly. Hold the unit and let the magnetic attachment gently down so the insert can center itself a little bit. To compensate the temperature lost because of the double chamber, choose the next higher temp setting šŸ‘Œ

The taste of the unit is good, slightly underneath the Peak, battery Life is far beyond expectations, the missing carb cab is my favorite on the device. I will get an Silikon Carbide insert the days, and will update my experience. For now I am very happy with the Evo, for my needs just perfect šŸ‘

Greetz

Alex

Germany

MyCollie

I will get an Silikon Carbide insert the days, and will update my experience. For now I am very happy with the Evo, for my needs just perfect šŸ‘

Greetz

Alex

Germany
Is the insert you are referring to for the Boost Evo? If so, how does it work? Do you just drop it into the quartz bucket?

MyCollie,

Mr. Induction

Is the insert you are referring to for the Boost Evo? If so, how does it work? Do you just drop it into the quartz bucket?
Yes , you drop the inserts ( from Focus Carta)direkt into the quartz chamber of the Boost. Another benefit is that the inserts are so close to the opening hole of the glass attachment , that all the fumes go directly into the path to the water and the Boost atomizer stays completely clean.

Adobewan

I just recently got my black Boost Evo and wanted to share my thoughts. I heavily use my Dr Dabber switch most of the time , but had multiple erigs ( Focus Carta , Puffco Peak, Graveda) over the time.

The biggest plus for me was that I saw a Reddit post , showing a Focus Carta Quartz insert being used in the Boost Evo. Since Iā€™ve been using them also in my switch, that made my day. I donā€™t like the fact that an insert cannot be taken out to be torched. That was one of the main reasons I never updated to the Peak Pro and finally pulled the trigger for the Evo.

Btw, the Carta inserts are tall and can touch the opening from the Glass attachment slightly. Hold the unit and let the magnetic attachment gently down so the insert can center itself a little bit. To compensate the temperature lost because of the double chamber, choose the next higher temp setting šŸ‘Œ

The taste of the unit is good, slightly underneath the Peak, battery Life is far beyond expectations, the missing carb cab is my favorite on the device. I will get an Silikon Carbide insert the days, and will update my experience. For now I am very happy with the Evo, for my needs just perfect šŸ‘

Greetz

Alex

Germany
Having used all these units, would you share your thoughts on them?
Your preference, pros, cons, etc.
TY

Adobewan,
Reactions: LesPlenty

MyCollie

Yes , you drop the inserts ( from Focus Carta)direkt into the quartz chamber of the Boost. Another benefit is that the inserts are so close to the opening hole of the glass attachment , that all the fumes go directly into the path to the water and the Boost atomizer stays completely clean.

Iā€™m familiar with all sorts of inserts but I never thought to use them in the Boost Evo. Now that I know Iā€™ll probably order some. Thank you for mentioning the inserts.

Mr. Induction

@Adobewan

For me personally a good water Bong with a good Quartz Banger is my Favorite for taste and a cool inhale (low temp dab). But with a Torch comes Danger and a little crackhead feeling to my Home. As a daily driver the switch went straight to the top because of the changeable inserts ( Original and Focus). The lack of a tiny bit more taste is for me not so relevant, because the high and other things like usability , to clean ,battery life and a cool inhale are more important at my view. The switch is also the most Potent to me, it needs the least amount of material to get me high, I dunno why, but it really does.

The puffco peak was my first Erig, good at taste but shitty atty and battery life. The original Glas was a joke, the inhale way to hot at some temps. Inserts to torch was a plus, with a new recycler Glas with more water- ah , it was ok.

The Focus Carta was much smoother in the inhale but had , even with a good aroma Profil, always a hint of Plastik and metal in the exhale, even my second Carta Laser edition with the premium Atty had the same problem. Good App control , changeable Battery and inserts on the Plus.

The Graveda Erig was a Plastik taste Monster which returned to the shop within two days šŸ‘Ž

The Boost Evo can use the same inserts like my switch, of course thatā€™s why I am fully Team Dabber.

Greetz
Alex

MyCollie

I ordered two inserts from Source and Iā€™ll try them soon. Since theyā€™re technically ā€œaftermarketā€ parts Iā€™m a little worried about the Titanium heating up too much and damaging the device but I guess Iā€™ll try it anyway. Iā€™ll report back when I can. It will be a while before I can use the vape again as I have family staying with me for the next couple of months. For now, Iā€™ll have to rely on my tinctures, capsules, gummies, and mints.

MyCollie,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Mr. Induction

Just got my SIC insert yesterday, and tested ist out. The SIC doesnā€™t work good as an insert with the Boost Evo! The insert isnā€™t so responsive as the quartz, it takes to many heat cycles to warm it up and to see clouds. Quartz is working, SiC is more of a fail .

BTW, I tested the heat up of the boost with a Terpometer.
There is no difference in the heat up when used with an Focus Carta quartz Insert, i took the insert out and measured at different times, but the atomizer heats up the same way it would without extra Insert, so donā€™t worry in this case.

Greetz Alex

MyCollie

The TDE J-Perc is outstanding. Itā€™s better than the original glass.

Iā€™ve read some posts on Reddit where people complain that it doesnā€™t hold enough water. I think thereā€™s some truth to that but Iā€™m not doing super high temp dabs. So, for me, itā€™s perfect.

Thereā€™s a video where a guy explains the problems and how to resolve them. He says there are issues with glass and the part that connects the glass to the body of the device.

Top Bottom