• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Does anyone use Formula 420 (or that family of products), or any others to clean their vape vs. alcohol?

I was just curious if anybody used Formula 420 cleaner (or that family of products like the one for plastic, or other formulas) or any other brand of cleaning solution as opposed to alcohol? And if so, what the pros- and cons- are. I am definitely someone who like to clean my vapes each day, and curious what the most effective safest cleaning solution folks are using?

Wai'uli'uli,

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I have used Formula 420 to clean totally disgusting combustion pieces with good effect but at the same time I think it's not anything special in terms of a product. It's more or less the same thing as using the old alcohol/rock salt combo. It might be a bit more convenient but it's a lot more expensive.

I wouldn't bother using anything other then just plain old isopropyl alcohol, if your cleaning often you'd be surprised with how much of the vapor gunk you can remove with just hot water.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I was just curious if anybody used Formula 420 cleaner (or that family of products like the one for plastic, or other formulas) or any other brand of cleaning solution as opposed to alcohol? And if so, what the pros- and cons- are. I am definitely someone who like to clean my vapes each day, and curious what the most effective safest cleaning solution folks are using?

Try SIMPLE GREEN CRYSTAL:

Here are some tips and other solvents:

Last edited:

CANtalk

PBW and hot water, with an ultrasonic cleaner. Way stronger than ISO, it'll strip anodizing :evil:, sparkling clean clean, no work.

:peace: :leaf:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I use Ever Clear for all my cleaning and it works great. I like that even if I don't completely get all of the Ever Clear rinsed off, I don't need to worry about vaping a little, I would be worried if I used ISO or a cleaning solution.

Same here for anything other then glass. Bought a gallon of Ethanol 190, for extractions, but as it is NOT denatured, it does not leave any of the added “bitterants” that my 99% isopropyl alcohol does, which I can taste later. If you can’t get Ethanol in your area, Everclear 190 is the same though potentially more expensive. Ethanol 190 is deemed “hazmat” in USA for shipping and you pay a higher fee.

Hippie

If I can get a bendy brush in there - I brush it with hot washing up water
If not - I'll chuck denture cleaning tabs and oxy clean in there and let it soak for a couple of hours

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
As long as I use a few drops of cranberry extract in the water, then I never need more than a small rinse with iso at the most to get my glass clean.

Hell, half the time I just rinse with hot water, and only use iso every second or third rinse. As long as I'm using the cranberry extract then that's the norm.

CANtalk

I just ordered some to try out. Do you pre mix a solution or just add some to water as you are cleaning your glass?...
I add and mix PBW with hot water as I need it, and it's a volume by volume estimate. In my case, all I need is enough for ~500 ml in my ultrasonic cleaner. That's a tsp or so in my use. I stir in my new PBW to help it dissolve (different manufacturer) and I use it to clean my glass and stainless steel parts. Works spectacularly. I have even been reusing that solution from the cleaner to clean water pieces next. I clean everything including glass weekly and it's a quick shake, hold and rinse to clean fully.

I recommend rinsing glass cleaned with PBW using distilled water, if you want to avoid potential calcium precipitation.

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
I add and mix PBW with hot water as I need it, and it's a volume by volume estimate. In my case, all I need is enough for ~500 ml in my ultrasonic cleaner. That's a tsp or so in my use. I stir in my new PBW to help it dissolve (different manufacturer) and I use it to clean my glass and stainless steel parts. Works spectacularly. I have even been reusing that solution from the cleaner to clean water pieces next. I clean everything including glass weekly and it's a quick shake, hold and rinse to clean fully.

I recommend rinsing glass cleaned with PBW using distilled water, if you want to avoid potential calcium precipitation.

Wow, thanks for all of the info 👍

Top Bottom