• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

do you guys still smoke joints?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I try to never smoke anything. I just went out to Colorado and went to a method man / redman concert. I bought some pre-rolls because I was too afraid to bring my pax. I also had a co2 cart pen.

The joints were not pleasurable at all, and the taste was garbage. Should have just bought more co2 stuff. :-)

chris 71

I do sometimes in fact just the other day i smoked a joint of some master kush it was awesome tasted wonderfull better then the vape and much smother althought i dont find it always taste better when smoked . had a joint of sour dees last week and tasted better in the vape for sure

DrSteez

Yup, I still smoke joints. That's probably the only combusting that's going on.

After a good long 12-14hour study sesh, its great to walk around outside, smoke a nice fat joint, come home, eat something and then go back to sleep. Only to wake up and do it all over again!

unless I dont have time. Then right after study sesh I'll just take a dab or two and then call it.

Good question OP :)

I try to never smoke anything. I just went out to Colorado and went to a method man / redman concert. I bought some pre-rolls because I was too afraid to bring my pax. I also had a co2 cart pen.

The joints were not pleasurable at all, and the taste was garbage. Should have just bought more co2 stuff. :-)
shouldn't have bought any pre-rolls. That's the problem, most of the "exclusive stuper Tripple XXX OG so fire so dank" pre-rolls are mid shelf weed AT BEST with decent quality wax or hash in it.

Not to mention the 3 joints for 10$ or 4 for 10 or whatever.

Open one up next time and see how many stems, water and sugar leaves, and random plant material they put in the middle and then cover it with a berry or two of decent quality shake at the two ends.

EDIT: lol, the more I think about it, the more it makes me mad about the situation.

1) they dont tell you how shit their pre-rolls are. Instead, they say its so fire, so good, so stoney, blah blha whatever.

2) because you can't really spark up in the place, you dont know for sure what the quality is.

3) when you find out its shit quality, you go back to the dispensary and then they say either
a)you can only come one time per day
and/or
b) NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
Well, fuck you too dispensary. Thanks for being so god dam shady and banking on the fact that no one can return anything and once you've sold the patients some garbage, its back to the "compassion hours! we L:leaf:Ve our patients!"

god dam sometimes I get a bit frustrated. lol but whats wrong in that? When I go to rite aide or Costco for my other prescription medicine, they dont throw the crap quality at me and hope I didn't notice.

eh,:shrug: what am i gunna do? lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

killick

But I like it!
So I've been almost purely vaping since I became a med patient a couple of years ago. A few months ago I read some online mumbo jumbo that kinda made sense, then researched a bit and found soem supporting info. So I bougbt some prerolled cones a few weeks ago, and twice so far I've lit up while walking the dog. It's nice and simple, no mechanical jiggery pokery, butane fiddling, dead battery checking, etc. Right now I like really simple, and a little combustion from time to time works for me. Probably not Mrs K so much tho... so we'll keep that our little secret, shall we?

For many years, it was assumed that marijuana, like tobacco, could also cause lung cancer. Some researchers had reported apparently pre-cancerous cell changes in pot smokers. Others reported a higher-than-expected incidence of throat, neck and tongue cancer in younger, marijuana-only smokers. although subsequent studies failed to confirm these results.

Such concerns were dispelled by the first large-scale epidemiological study of marijuana smoking and lung cancer, conducted by a team of researchers led by Dr Donald Tashkin and Dr. Mia Hashibe at UCLA. After suveying 1,209 patients with lung, oral, and respiratory tract cancers, the team found no relation between marijuana smoking and cancer. In one category - lung cancer among short-term users - the study even found reduced cancer risk. The results were a surprise to Dr. Tashkin, a leading expert on smoking-related disease, who had previously warned that marijuana smoking would likely cause lung cancer. Dr. Tashkin now believes that marijuana smoking does not cause lung cancer.

In another study, Harvard researchers found that THC inhibited the growth of lung cancer tumors in laboratory animals, evidently by blocking a growth factor that is known to promote small-cell lung cancers.

These results have not entirely dispelled concerns about respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke. Fortunately, these hazards can be reduced by various strategies: (1) use of higher-potency cannabis, which can be smoked in smaller quantities, (2) use of vaporizers and other smoke reduction technologies and (3) ingesting pot orally instead of smoking it.

Chill Dude

So I've been almost purely vaping since I became a med patient a couple of years ago. A few months ago I read some online mumbo jumbo that kinda made sense, then researched a bit and found soem supporting info. So I bougbt some prerolled cones a few weeks ago, and twice so far I've lit up while walking the dog. It's nice and simple, no mechanical jiggery pokery, butane fiddling, dead battery checking, etc. Right now I like really simple, and a little combustion from time to time works for me. Probably not Mrs K so much tho... so we'll keep that our little secret, shall we?

For many years, it was assumed that marijuana, like tobacco, could also cause lung cancer. Some researchers had reported apparently pre-cancerous cell changes in pot smokers. Others reported a higher-than-expected incidence of throat, neck and tongue cancer in younger, marijuana-only smokers. although subsequent studies failed to confirm these results.

Such concerns were dispelled by the first large-scale epidemiological study of marijuana smoking and lung cancer, conducted by a team of researchers led by Dr Donald Tashkin and Dr. Mia Hashibe at UCLA. After suveying 1,209 patients with lung, oral, and respiratory tract cancers, the team found no relation between marijuana smoking and cancer. In one category - lung cancer among short-term users - the study even found reduced cancer risk. The results were a surprise to Dr. Tashkin, a leading expert on smoking-related disease, who had previously warned that marijuana smoking would likely cause lung cancer. Dr. Tashkin now believes that marijuana smoking does not cause lung cancer.

In another study, Harvard researchers found that THC inhibited the growth of lung cancer tumors in laboratory animals, evidently by blocking a growth factor that is known to promote small-cell lung cancers.

These results have not entirely dispelled concerns about respiratory toxins in marijuana smoke. Fortunately, these hazards can be reduced by various strategies: (1) use of higher-potency cannabis, which can be smoked in smaller quantities, (2) use of vaporizers and other smoke reduction technologies and (3) ingesting pot orally instead of smoking it.

Indeed, a couple fairly large studies have actually shown a slightly reduced cancer risk among marijuana only smokers as compared to non-smokers! But Apparently COPD is still a possibility for VERY HEAVY marijuana only smokers with over 30+ years of heavy use. Although keep in mind that tobacco smokers are much more likely to develop COPD than cannabis smokers. Probably due to the fact that the average cigarette smoker smokes around 700 cigarettes per month!!!! Bottom line is that I'd be a little concerned if I was smoking 5+ joints a day everyday, but I limit my smoking to maybe 5 joints a month. I for one am not too concerned about any negative health result from consuming so little. And like you I enjoy the simplicity of smoking a joint once in a while..

Also, I must add that I'm very health conscious, eat a healthy mostly organic diet and am a competitive marathon/half marathon runner... It's interesting that a lot of my friends in the running scene actually smoke marijuana to recover from their Long runs of 10 + miles. It helps with inflammation and joint pain associated with heavy training...

Don't worry I won't tell Mrs. K anything haha...

Last edited:

mikeswife

Quilty as charged. I love vaping but I also loved smoking and have snuck a joint in now and again.

Ps: To expand upon Killick killer reply, 2 friends of mine passed from primary brain cancer (9/11 responders); Glioblastoma & Astyrocytoma (spell?) - I researched cures for 2 years and always came back tot he benefits of RS oil. I hope that the scientist's seriously explore the benefits (many) which cannibas offers to many stricken with serious illness - and minor illness - the % of those who have dropped their usage of opiate painkillers when switch to medicinal MJ speaks for itself. And it will save so many young lives......

Last edited by a moderator:

Razshiro

It's hard for me to combust now , the taste is horrible and the effect is too "heavy" ... i always take my "vaporizer" with me :nod: like that i can "teach" or at least show how and why i use vaporizer !!:razz:

tx93budsmane

whoooooo?
yea ive been only vapmaning it up for a good while and the first thing i noticed was that burnt taste.. weird i never noticed it before. smoking seems to be so much more chill idk like you dont get that butterfly, nervous feeling in the pit of your stomach... i love vaping but seems smoking has got something about it

tx93budsmane,
Reactions: Chill Dude

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
yea ive been only vapmaning it up for a good while and the first thing i noticed was that burnt taste.. weird i never noticed it before. smoking seems to be so much more chill idk like you dont get that butterfly, nervous feeling in the pit of your stomach... i love vaping but seems smoking has got something about it

I've rarely encountered a strain that makes me anxious while vaping. Maybe you should try a slightly different selection method. I always go for the light greens and milky white trichs. If it has purple, pink, blue, red or orange hairs all the better. Maybe you're always subconsciously going for the strains that make you paranoid. They might have something in common, what I don't know, just a thought.

Herojuana or Herijuana is really good. So is Super Lemon Haze. I've never experienced paranoia from those. Two of my favorite strains that I grew from clones. Going to pop some seeds from the clones soon. :D

As for smoking joints, I still partake. I went to a social event yesterday and must admit I hit the blunts and joints. I try to not smoke blunts because of the tobacco but that's what everyone rolled it seemed. lol. Cleared my throat out with a few dabs right after!

Yesterday was filled with way too much dabbing and smoking. Sadly I didn't get any converts for vaping, although when I said the high is more clear headed when you vape some people were interested and a few even nodded in agreement. I just forgot to bust out my vape and show them. I think I didn't do that because I was put in charge of the dabbing station, and it seems stupid, but I just didn't think beyond the concept of. Pack a dab. Torch. Hit. I was way too high. I remember everything had to be done precisely. It was weird. Like the entire evening was a coordinated dance. Greatly enjoyed myself. I hope you all had a bomb weekend too.

cloudsosmoke

i always vape weed (for last couple of years)

i have the other combustion habit - tobacco
i smoke rolled cigarettes like a chimney and havent managed to switch to vaping

i do puff ecigs a bit

..sometimes i notice a taste id forgotten for years..since i first smoked years ago
its slightly funny/funky/earthy/ mildly unpleasant and from it i can understand why a non-smoker might call it the noxious weed - id completely forgotten that taste even existed
..usually its lost in the mix but i notice it when vaping ecig

its weird how vaping tobacco is a different perception/experience from combusting tobacco

also other things..
in smoking you pull faster to increace temp to get stronger hit
but in vaping you pull slower to increace temp to get stronger hit
(..for my convection vape anyway)

in smoking its 5% actives yet you get almost immediate hit
in vaping its 95% actives but you get delayed hit - why not a faster hit?

i think ill now have a good think (vape) about it

lwien

It's been 29 years since I smoked a joint...have had a few pipes over the last couple of years, used as last resort.

Wow !!! 29 years, eh? And here I thought that my 12 years was a long time. I'm just happy I'm not burning my lips anymore from using a damn roach clip and really happy that my talent for rolling is no longer being taken advantage of although I did use to brim with pride when I created my works of art. :brow:

Last edited:
I actually do, but very rarely. It's only when I'm offered or are with those that don't vape. I must say that I do enjoy the raw taste and flavor of it compared to vaping. There's something about that and how fast the come on is that I enjoy.

edit: I didn't want to make it seem like I like combusting better, but the flavor and come on is good for a change sometimes.

Last edited:

BD9

Nope.
I haven't smoked a joint, pipe, bowl no cannabis for 20 years. Maybe a couple of cigars. I quit smoking cigarettes a 13-14 years ago (?).
Last weekend I vaped cannabis for the first time in 20 years and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was a nice taste and no harsh paper throat burn.
I won't be going back to combustion.

thisperson

I actually do, but very rarely. It's only when I'm offered or are with those that don't vape. I must say that I do enjoy the raw taste and flavor of it compared to vaping. There's something about that and how fast the come on is that I enjoy.

edit: I didn't want to make it seem like I like combusting better, but the flavor and come on is good for a change sometimes.

I've been having similar thoughts. I definitely prefer the vape high, but combustion seems to give a more full profile of weed I think, because it definitely feels like a slightly different high. Not wanting to say lethargic. It's something like a more full frontal brain lobe action when it's going on. Whereas I wanna say vaping is a very precise location in the brain. It varies, but it definitely doesn't feel as full a profile. Regions in the brain stimulated or where activity occurs. Think about the times you felt movement in the brain regions when high. My all time favorite is when you get a halo. That's definitely only happened with combustion though.

I kinda want to get an EEG or EECG or whatever (brain activity detector) and see which regions are stimulated by which marijuana chemicals.

I'm very hyper sensitive a lot of the time.

GOOREGON

I've been having similar thoughts. I definitely prefer the vape high, but combustion seems to give a more full profile of weed I think, because it definitely feels like a slightly different high. Not wanting to say lethargic. It's something like a more full frontal brain lobe action when it's going on. Whereas I wanna say vaping is a very precise location in the brain. It varies, but it definitely doesn't feel as full a profile. Regions in the brain stimulated or where activity occurs. Think about the times you felt movement in the brain regions when high. My all time favorite is when you get a halo. That's definitely only happened with combustion though.

I kinda want to get an EEG or EECG or whatever (brain activity detector) and see which regions are stimulated by which marijuana chemicals.

I'm very hyper sensitive a lot of the time.
the full profile as you sayare toxins...they give the stoney high associated with smoking. once you stop smoking you might enjoy certain aspects of vaping even more.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
the full profile as you sayare toxins...they give the stoney high associated with smoking. once you stop smoking you might enjoy certain aspects of vaping even more.

Yeah, I actually find that I like vaping way more than smoking. It's awesome. At first I was totally against vaping, but it can be the device you are using, etc. Once I had my Cloud Evo, I never looked back.

thisperson

You're probably right. I'm looking to step up in vaporizers so I don't combust at all. We'll see how that goes. Shouldn't be too hard considering my unit's a flowermate v1.

thisperson,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I did until Thanksgiving of last year. As soon as I took a break from smoking due to getting a new Underdog and a Haze v3.0 at the same time. By the time I quit playing with my new toys and went to smoke a good ole joint ... it was disgusting to me! It really blew me away, after 25 years of daily joint smoking I had really quit without even meaning to. I can only vape now, even when I smoke with my friends I can barely take a hit to be social then I pack a bowl in the Evo, Mighty or Milaana lol.

After a week hiatus from smoking I get much more medicated from vaping vs smoking and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! I wish I could get everyone to try it. Believe me if this die hard joint smoker prefers vaping then there must be something to it!

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
I did until Thanksgiving of last year. As soon as I took a break from smoking due to getting a new Underdog and a Haze v3.0 at the same time. By the time I quit playing with my new toys and went to smoke a good ole joint ... it was disgusting to me! It really blew me away, after 25 years of daily joint smoking I had really quit without even meaning to

This! Exactly this happened to me as well. Time frame is different, but even the Haze v3.0 is similar. I thought I had to vape for like two or three months before I could get back to the occasional joint. But kind of to my dismay, I really dislike the taste now.

shaolinmilk

I did until Thanksgiving of last year. As soon as I took a break from smoking due to getting a new Underdog and a Haze v3.0 at the same time. By the time I quit playing with my new toys and went to smoke a good ole joint ... it was disgusting to me! It really blew me away, after 25 years of daily joint smoking I had really quit without even meaning to. I can only vape now, even when I smoke with my friends I can barely take a hit to be social then I pack a bowl in the Evo, Mighty or Milaana lol.

After a week hiatus from smoking I get much more medicated from vaping vs smoking and I feel SO MUCH BETTER! I wish I could get everyone to try it. Believe me if this die hard joint smoker prefers vaping then there must be something to it!
I just wanted to try and see how vapes were nowadays... BAM got converted without even wanting to and here I am... 1 year later, 6 vapes... and more on the way... What is this sorcery!?

Top Bottom