• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

do you guys still smoke joints?

Ace of Space

Nooooo, no joints for me anymore, just vapes, edibles and dabs.
It has been the hardest habit to kick, and sometimes i still get anxiety, heart race and that sort of stuff from vaping and especially edibles, but never again will i smoke a joint.
I even quit sharing a joint at parties because the smoke is disgusting, and even worse, it makes me sick nowadays, literally.

stonedbob

100% THC
Only if I can't vape, and of course NO TABBACO. Since I've brought the Mighty, there is no smoke smell in room anymore...

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
No chance, never, ever again.

The only place I now smoke is in the bedroom :brow:

Quitting smoking wasn't easy, till I found FC and the wonderful world of vaping ganja.

It's been a doddle ever since :rockon:

However, even though I vape the green, I would never vape nicotine, for me it wasn't just quitting smoking, but the nicotine that was a bitch, I never want to feel those unbearable cravings again :bang::worms::rip::leaf::razz:

DrRishi

I have had the urge a number of times but if I try to smoke a joint it just tastes disgusting and makes me cough.

Now I use both concentrates and flower to give a little variation. The only problem I have is I love to have an extended "smoke" but after 2 puffs of concentrate I am already very stoned. Sometimes I forget and take 5 or 6 tokes and that finishes me off for the day.

Another consequence is that I only vape in the evenings and weekends. Vaping in the day time is just not doable when I have to work.

theCerberus

I may be in the minority here.
I think smoking tastes bad too.
I actually think its not the right way to consume cannabis. You are over cooking it.
If you burn a steak and then eat it, its not the right way to consume steak either.
Cooking to brown just seems right.

On the other hand, I love smoking joints and blunts because its wrong.
It feels like being a kid again; its a rush of excitement knowing its wrong.
I also love the unrestricted feeling.
I love rolling too. Its an art that I mastered overtime, and packing a vape bowl just isnt the same.
Sparking up a blunt is fun, fast and more effective to me medicinally than any vape or dab session.
I must have a super strong throat/set of lungs because I have never felt more discomfort, coughing or pain from the smoke either. But alas I know its bad for me.

I only smoke blunts on special occasions (like a birthday or something similar).
Kinda like how some people smoke cigars to celebrate.

As for smoking bongs, I find it utterly disgusting the smell now. The bong water is just a putrid smell and I never realized it attached that smell to its users.
I find dabs through a nice rig and the vapexhale cloud evo flower hits to be sufficient for replacing that craving entirely.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
well, never say never, i say ... but i have never had a j that is as satisfying as a glass tube filled with vapor thick enough to pour (i call it my "bottomless shooter") ... gf, on the other hand, is j+ziti about 80% of the time - habit, and loading and unloading the vape is more trouble than tossing the ziti into the yard ... different strokes, and at this age (68) it really doesn't matter anymore, eh?

but, hey, if you've got a j filled with one hit herb, don't bogart that joint, eh? i'd love a hit.

GOOREGON

fuck no. my friend tells me hit a joint man. it taste great. theres just something about a joint that makes you able to taste the herb in a unique way. i smile and nod but im thinking dude...you seet fire to this plant and think youre actually tasting it..its the same experience over and over..with vaping you have so many different temps..different signatures...its a whole new world..i say they just cant handle it:cool:

Chill Dude

I'm like 75% concentrates, 15% edibles, 10% joints (only pure high grade cannabis). I never vaporize flowers anymore as I find the vapor too dry and irritating as compared to smoking. I know many will disagree with me on this, but to me smoking and dabs cause less coughing and irritation to my throat. Joints are just so communal in nature.. I love to smoke a couple joints with a small group of friends or in a larger party atmosphere and concerts as well.. When I'm chillin' at home it's mainly concentrates. I'd much rather do 2 small dabs and be fully medicated in 2 minutes vs. huffing and puffing on a flower vape for 15 minutes to get a similar, yet most often less potent high..edibles are great to mix things up and perhaps more of a psychedelic experience than smoking or Vaping. Variety is good!

this ratio works well for me and allows for more variety and different effects from different methods of consumption. some people enjoy the ritual of smoking or Vaping. Personally, I prefer to get where I need to be quickly with the fewest inhales and less coughing. That's why Concentrates are my preference most of the time:tup:

diseaze

I was just thinking about how I haven't had a joint in awhile since hopping on the vaporizer train and I definitely have some good times back in the day passing a joint around with a couple of my buddies. I've only been vaping flower and really wouldn't try concentrates unless they were hash/rosin (nothing personal to those who try other things, but that's just my personal preference), but I've been pretty satisfied with the flower setup I have now. Smoking also spreads a lot of smell around in the apartment I live in, and while there are a couple of neighbors that partake in the green and don't mind themselves, I'd rather stay low key and not draw any more attention to me than I have to.

The dispensary I go to carries some pre-rolls that have concentrates in/around them and I was thinking about giving it a try, but I feel like most pre-rolls I've had were either low-grade shelf or just some sort of oregano mix because they don't do anything to me, but just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I should just learn how to roll and add some hash/rosin just to knock two birds with one stone? :shrug:

diseaze,

hoptimum

I was just thinking about how I haven't had a joint in awhile since hopping on the vaporizer train and I definitely have some good times back in the day passing a joint around with a couple of my buddies. I've only been vaping flower and really wouldn't try concentrates unless they were hash/rosin (nothing personal to those who try other things, but that's just my personal preference), but I've been pretty satisfied with the flower setup I have now. Smoking also spreads a lot of smell around in the apartment I live in, and while there are a couple of neighbors that partake in the green and don't mind themselves, I'd rather stay low key and not draw any more attention to me than I have to.

The dispensary I go to carries some pre-rolls that have concentrates in/around them and I was thinking about giving it a try, but I feel like most pre-rolls I've had were either low-grade shelf or just some sort of oregano mix because they don't do anything to me, but just leave a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I should just learn how to roll and add some hash/rosin just to knock two birds with one stone? :shrug:

I'm not fond of dispensary pre rolls in general, either. Can you vape concentrates, maybe along with your flower? Kief might be a good place to start

diseaze

I'm not fond of dispensary pre rolls in general, either. Can you vape concentrates, maybe along with your flower? Kief might be a good place to start
Yeah, I guess I technically could vape concentrates with my UD or FM Mini, but they would be pretty low temp dabs. Either way, I've heard the flower sandwich method works pretty well, so that could be a good introduction to it.

I've been saving up my kief with a little over an ounce ran through my grinder and it seems like I can keep stacking it for another ounce or two before I try vaping it. That'll definitely be an interesting experience too!

diseaze,

Chill Dude

Yeah, dispensary pre rolls are usually mid grade shake and are often too dried out.. It's best to roll your own if you crave the occasional joint. Get a $3 rolling machine like the one by "RAW", get thin natural papers and don't forget the filter tips. It's actually super easy to roll the perfect joint every time. Also if you roll your own you can roll a .25g pinner or that 1.5g mega joint..

As to the medicinal grade pre rolls that combine hash oil and flower, those are the bomb. There are a few companies that make them, but I feel G Sticks are the best. They come in indica, hybrid and sativa. Very potent! Three or four pulls and I'm pretty high and my tolerance is moderate..

Or simply roll your own and add a little Kief or hash to supercharge your Joint as @hoptimum suggested..

Chill Dude,
Reactions: diseaze

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Get a $3 rolling machine like the one by "RAW", get thin natural papers and don't forget the filter tips. It's actually super easy to roll the perfect joint every time. Also if you roll your own you can roll a .25g pinner or that 1.5g mega joint
I have tried several rolling machines in the past as I really never was good at rolling joints. I always settled for using a dollar bill as a rolling machine and just ripping the extra length of the paper off.

Tried a joint for the first time in a long time last week. Must have been my first joint in years and definitely first joint since starting vaping 1-1/2 years ago. I really find combusting of any sort makes me feel a more groggy type of high and the bad taste sticks around so I can't say I enjoyed it.

hoptimum

Yeah, I guess I technically could vape concentrates with my UD or FM Mini, but they would be pretty low temp dabs. Either way, I've heard the flower sandwich method works pretty well, so that could be a good introduction to it.

I've been saving up my kief with a little over an ounce ran through my grinder and it seems like I can keep stacking it for another ounce or two before I try vaping it. That'll definitely be an interesting experience too!

A guy at the dispensary recently told me about moon rocks. Has anyone tried vaping them?

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Smoked a J with a group of friends last week at a bachelor party. Man oh man I dont miss it one bit! Tasted terrible and had me hacking up a lung when we were finished. It was nostalgic to blaze one down with the crew, but only on special occasions for me.

Chill Dude

A guy at the dispensary recently told me about moon rocks. Has anyone tried vaping them?

Yes, moonrocks.. Well.. they kind of rock! Good results with moonrocks in my herbalizer vape.. Enough flower so the oil won't gunk up the bowl and screen too much. Actually, I prefer to vape moonrocks as in a pipe they tend to just flame up and not burn in an economic fashion haha..

Chill Dude,
Reactions: hoptimum

Danksta

No way in hell ever again. I miss it a lot though. When i see videos of people puffing on joints it makes me jealous. Vaping just doesn't look cool like smoking does. But tbh I can't get high off combustion anymore. I kinda feel something, but it's just a waste. I could smoke a 1gram joint and feel sober. Or I could vape some wax and feel proper. I'll stick with vaping. Even with friends I won't smoke again. It seems so archaic to smoke.

hoptimum

Yes, moonrocks.. Well.. they kind of rock! Good results with moonrocks in my herbalizer vape.. Enough flower so the oil won't gunk up the bowl and screen too much. Actually, I prefer to vape moonrocks as in a pipe they tend to just flame up and not burn in an economic fashion haha..

I tried a couple in my HI last night and I was suitably impressed with the results. a little nug a little wax and some kief, and wow

Last edited:

diseaze

Yeah, dispensary pre rolls are usually mid grade shake and are often too dried out.. It's best to roll your own if you crave the occasional joint. Get a $3 rolling machine like the one by "RAW", get thin natural papers and don't forget the filter tips. It's actually super easy to roll the perfect joint every time. Also if you roll your own you can roll a .25g pinner or that 1.5g mega joint..

As to the medicinal grade pre rolls that combine hash oil and flower, those are the bomb. There are a few companies that make them, but I feel G Sticks are the best. They come in indica, hybrid and sativa. Very potent! Three or four pulls and I'm pretty high and my tolerance is moderate..

Or simply roll your own and add a little Kief or hash to supercharge your Joint as @hoptimum suggested..

I didn't realize those rolling machines were that cheap! I'll have to take a look around next time I go to a headshop or a dispensary that sells them.

I don't think I've seen G Sticks yet, but the place I go to has Presidential or Caviar Gold. Any opinion on those?

Reading the last couple of posts reminded me that smoking is less than ideal after vaping for the past couple of months, but I guess it would be more for nostalgia than anything.

diseaze,

Chill Dude

I don't think I've seen G Sticks yet, but the place I go to has Presidential or Caviar Gold. Any opinion on those?

I've never tried Presidential, but Caviar Gold is a quality product. One joint will get 3 medium tolerance people very medicated haha..

Chill Dude,

diseaze

I've never tried Presidential, but Caviar Gold is a quality product. One joint will get 3 medium tolerance people very medicated haha..
That sounds like a good time with a couple of friends! Thanks for the suggestion!

diseaze,

HomeFree

I used to take my pre rolls and bust them up to vape later, but now I date them to consume orally later. The ones I get are made from shake.

My guess is 'moon rocks' is old/low grade flower with low grade oil and kief. Might as well just mix all 3 yourself with good material.

Top Bottom