Do I need a TM2? Solo2-potvOne user

vink

So I have been hesitating on buying a TM2. Price is harsh in Canada but it’s on sale for 400$ on potv, 450$ with the damn taxes!

I have a low tolerance and been using my solo 2 for nearly 4 years on the couch at night and I love it. When I get home from work I take a few hits of a thc-cbd-cbg mix with my potv one and dosing caps and maybe another time during the evening. When I’m on the go I bring my potv one. I like both vape really much but find the taste from the potv one not as great as solo 2.

The tinymight looks appealing to me for his design and the use of tubes like the solo 2. I would think it would replace the potv one at home. I like the idea of a fast extraction if I want to take a few hits but wondering if the taste difference would be huge between potv one and tm2. Also I really like the dosing caps of my potv one to get going faster. Not sure I would like to invest another 100$ to get another stem and dosing caps that would ruin the convection.

All in all I’m really wondering if the difference will be huge replacing the potv one with the TM2 considering it will cost nearly 500$. I would basically use it as a microdoser. I know the on demand part is important as it’s not heating the herb but tastes wise will the difference will be huge? Solo 2 taste vs tinymight which one wins? Also anyway to get it loaded quickly without dosing caps or a ton of stems? Any stems similar to solo 2 for the tm2?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes the difference will be huge, it will replace both of those vapes, using it on demand with a full temperature range means it doesn't have to extract quickly at all, you have way more versatility in how you use it, it has much more power and efficiency, will get you higher with the extraction with less material... My favorite way to use it is with all glass pathways (except for steel mesh basket screen inside the stem or WPA connected to a hook or other dry glass) though the stock set up works well too!

vink

Yes the difference will be huge, it will replace both of those vapes, using it on demand with a full temperature range means it doesn't have to extract quickly at all, you have way more versatility in how you use it, it has much more power and efficiency, will get you higher with the extraction with less material... My favorite way to use it is with all glass pathways (except for steel mesh basket screen inside the stem or WPA connected to a hook or other dry glass) though the stock set up works well too!
Where can I get the stems with basket?any stems only glass with glass basket like the solo 2? I know it heats quickly but not sure about the loading/unloading time without dosing caps…what about taste compared to solo 2 . Some days solo 2 taste is better others don’t…

vink,

Shit Snacks

Where can I get the stems with basket?

The stock stems, it comes with at least one rimless basket screen, you can buy more screens and stems from them, or a variety of other places, you can check the tinymight thread here and there are even some TM accessory threads I believe?? One specifically for stems... (I love good vibes boro and the rogue waxworks, their stems should come with screens and they also have spares, GVB stems actually take flat screens too) The official 18 mm TM WPA, it's the plain one, but the 14 and multi 3-in-1 have glass honeycomb screens which I only enjoy with a whole nug or super chunky grind rarely personally...

any stems only glass with glass basket like the solo 2?

Yes as I said above, people also like the GRAV octa taster with a glass ratchet screen, most of these are actually better than the solo screen which only has a few large holes as it is designed for more conduction... In my experience it is much better to use steel mesh basket screen without the glass honeycomb screens though I used to think of them as a holy grail lol

I know it heats quickly but not sure about the loading/unloading time without dosing caps…

Well I think dose capsules make loading and unloading super tedious, also tend to ruin extraction efficiency, need to adjust temperatures and expectations etc. I don't use them... With a glass stem-based vape it seems silly to me too, because the stem could be your capsule itself, or the basket screens even... so yeah it's super quick to load and unload with the glass stems, there are plenty of people who like to use dose capsules though and they are an option, you'll have to check the thread for more about that... Honestly I had no idea solo even offered dosing capsules now as well lol

what about taste compared to solo 2 . Some days solo 2 taste is better others don’t…

100% better, you have a full temp range dial so I like to start as low as possible in my TM, turning it up tiny bit by tiny bit for each hit, milking the flavor and low temp effects with great vapor still... I like to use mine dry through various aftermarket glass stems and such because the flavor is so good for me... Pure convection on demand is just so much better, solo is constantly cooking with plenty of hybrid conduction, whether you inhale or not, so you are going to be using terps depending on how you use it... It will never be as efficient or as flavorful ultimately imo (I'm a little biased now as I find session devices annoying personally forced to take back to back puffs or feel like I'm wasting or getting it unnecessarily extra dirty etc) The TM has a cruise feature which is more like holding the button down for you, so I only use it if I am taking a higher temp one hitter rip through water, so I don't have to hold the button down the whole time, I will turn it off midway and keep inhaling to fully clear my hit, which is how I use it on demand, big believer in fully clearing hits which is another reason I do not like session devices much at all anymore (solo was my second vape ever but I moved on from it long ago for others that work like the TM and I think the TM is the best evolution of those now)

Petetbay

So I have been hesitating on buying a TM2. Price is harsh in Canada but it’s on sale for 400$ on potv, 450$ with the damn taxes!
The POTV TM2 is already out of stock, TM2 on sale that won’t last long. Sneaky Pete still has the final week of discounts coming, curious if he discounts the TM2 20% like the other deals, in Canada that’s your only hope. You’re a microdoser, so you’re right that’s a lot of money for not a lot of usage. A Roffu is a cheaper alternative, less than half, with better taste than a Arizer and it will microdose just fine. But if you have the resources can’t really beat a TM2 just be careful with it. :2c:

Last edited:

gangababa

Hey! I found two pennies.

I have been a (two) Solo vaporist close to a decade. I now have a TM2, too.
Both are battery powered heaters using glass stems and can be used similarly.
More stem variety is available for the TM than is for the Solo. I have enjoyed checking out the variety of ways a straight glass tube, screen variations, some dosing cans, cooling units, glass balls and ingenuity can be combined and varied.
I have never explored water world.
The TM is powerful and more versatile than the Solo. It will accommodate conduction if wanted using dosing capsules and session mode.
The Solo battery life wins hands down (what ever that means.)

You have the Solo? You need the TM.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

The Solo 2 is a good starter vape, it was my second portable purchase. Better flavor than a Mighty and heats up twice as fast iirc, plus it's easy to clean.
The Tinymight2 an improvement in nearly all categories and is top of the pack for portable vapes.
It's easier to list its flaws because the device is best perfect. 👌
For flaws, it can leave the material looking not as roasted as a pure conduction vape would, not that that matters.
-If you drop it, you might have a bad time, but that's true for many vapes.
-Tinymight hasn't sold me a purpleheart model :lol:

There has never been a Tinymight sale so I would jump on it honestly. If you can spare the cash I'd grab a nice aftermarket stem as well. Tons of options of you search back a little.

GoldenBud

If there's something I learnt in my 50 days of breaking from THC, you don't need anything. the Solo 2 has a smaller heater comparing to the TM2, yeah, but if you don't mind of taking slow draws, the Solo 2 is fine. at highest temp, on a bubbler, the Solo 2 rips like a monster.

Save your money close to you. you'll need it.
but if you have too much money, get the TM2.

vonfatman

I honestly have never had better vapor or hits from any other vape than a Solo2. I have a Plenty, great vape. It never gets used anymore.
Like was said, tie it to some glass - draw slow and enjoy the ride. We do not see a gain in buying "more vape".
We both use Solo2s. Have used them for a couple years now.
Disclaimer: We ONLY vape flower. No oils or such. Just flower. Your needs may require a more robust unit?

Besides, what could possibly be more economical to use? (approx. 1/10 g per session...pretty tough to beat that number).

Vfm

vonfatman,
Reactions: GoldenBud

sickmanfraud

Welcome to FC @vink.

First off, the POTV capsules are compatible with the Tinymight.

In my opinion, the Tinymight 2 is the best portable vape available today.

Besides the fact that the vape is AMAZING, the customer service is also AMAZING. Tinymightvapes is currently offering to allow owners of og Tinymight vapes to trade in and upgrade to a TM2. Who does this? Not only can you trade in the vape they send the Brand new TM2 with all accessories and battery, as soon as they confirm the tracking information.

I received my upgrade within a week!

So, if you have the ability, you should grab a Tinymight. $400 Canadian dollars is a good deal.

As far as taxes, have any friends in Buffalo or Detroit?

sickmanfraud,

Bazinga

Trade in (up) program ? I just looked at the TinyMight site and was unable to find info on the trade in program. Would you kindly provide a link? Thanks !!

Bazinga,

sickmanfraud

Trade in (up) program ? I just looked at the TinyMight site and was unable to find info on the trade in program. Would you kindly provide a link? Thanks !!

from the TM thread March 28

I was recently asking him about the program

Also we currently have an upgrade program to TM2 . Here is it how it works:

You return your barebones TM1 (unit only,keep the accessories to use as a backup with your future TM2 package),to the address below with the cheapest tracked option. Then you go to our site place a order using the code tm1totm2 to get 150 euro discount ,also please put the tracking number for the return in the dedicated comment field !Put a papernote inside UPGRADE ! This is it !

For EU :
JTJS Products Oy
Puusepänkaarre 2
06150 Porvoo
FINLAND

tel: +358 923 164 420

For USA :
> VGEZ
>
> 1557 Buford Drive #492903
>
> Lawrenceville, GA 30043
>
> USPS is fine but we can also accept UPS or FedEx.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Pinte

Zipford

I have a low tolerance and been using my solo 2 for nearly 4 years on the couch at night and I love it. When I get home from work I take a few hits of a thc-cbd-cbg mix with my potv one and dosing caps and maybe another time during the evening. When I’m on the go I bring my potv one. I like both vape really much but find the taste from the potv one not as great as solo 2.

The tinymight looks appealing to me for his design and the use of tubes like the solo 2. I would think it would replace the potv one at home. I like the idea of a fast extraction if I want to take a few hits but wondering if the taste difference would be huge between potv one and tm2. Also I really like the dosing caps of my potv one to get going faster. Not sure I would like to invest another 100$ to get another stem and dosing caps that would ruin the convection.

All in all I’m really wondering if the difference will be huge replacing the potv one with the TM2 considering it will cost nearly 500$. I would basically use it as a microdoser. I know the on demand part is important as it’s not heating the herb but tastes wise will the difference will be huge? Solo 2 taste vs tinymight which one wins? Also anyway to get it loaded quickly without dosing caps or a ton of stems? Any stems similar to solo 2 for the tm2?
I have the Fury Edge, which is very similar to the POTV One, and yes the TM will provide a large taste difference. I always use the Edge with capsules, but never use capsules with the TM. Bear in mind that with any vape, the good taste only lasts a few hits.

noobvaperct

To put TM2 and POTV One and the same sentence should be illegal. Understanding that it is costly, but I bought a TM2 from the TM website the first day it came out last year and have been using it damn near every day since then. I love this unit to death. You can use it on demand or as a session vape, it has both modes but I have only ever used it on demand.

I don’t care what vape you use, the first couple of draws will always be tastier than the last few draws, it always tapers that way. With that said, the first few hits of a TM2 are insanely tasty to me.

You do not need dosing capsules if you don’t want to bother with it. You can easily microdose with a TM2 as well. All you need is one glass stem but there is where you might change your mind. The stems it comes with are not good. The cooling unit it comes with is not good and gets gunked up super quick (this is my biggest gripe). My recommendation would be to buy a 3rd party glass stem (I recommend Good Vibes Boro because I worked with him and he’s awesome and makes incredible glasswork) if you get a 3rd party glass stem you won’t need a cooling unit because this stems will either be dimpled or have balls inside that will do the cooling. Another recommendation I have is get yourself extra cells (Molicel brand) and a cell charger. Cells themself are cheap and a charger might cost you around $50. 100% worth it for me because with my use, I get about 5 sessions give or take on one cell but your results may vary (probably depends on length of draw and the heat setting you have it on that determines cell length).

Let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to answer.

hinglemccringleberry

Well thought I was strong enough and resisted to get it during the whole potv 420 sale. Bought it 10 minutes before the sale ended last night. Still hesitating because it’s god damn pricy, cost me 460$ CAD with the taxes. Hope I will be happy with it!
Yes, you'll be very happy with it. Until the TM3 is released and you get brainwashed into thinking the TM2 isn't good enough.

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Old Moderate

vink

Welcome to FC @vink.

First off, the POTV capsules are compatible with the Tinymight.

In my opinion, the Tinymight 2 is the best portable vape available today.

Besides the fact that the vape is AMAZING, the customer service is also AMAZING. Tinymightvapes is currently offering to allow owners of og Tinymight vapes to trade in and upgrade to a TM2. Who does this? Not only can you trade in the vape they send the Brand new TM2 with all accessories and battery, as soon as they confirm the tracking information.

I received my upgrade within a week!

So, if you have the ability, you should grab a Tinymight. $400 Canadian dollars is a good deal.

As far as taxes, have any friends in Buffalo or Detroit?
When you use potv dosing caps do you put them in the oven or in thestem?

vink,

vink

When you say I don’t have to extract quickly at all what do you mean? If for example I was to microdose 0,1g at 370, so like 5.5, how many hit I could get ruffly?

vink,

hinglemccringleberry

I feel a bit qualified to answer this as I had a Fury Edge and Milaana 3, and the Milaana can hit just as big and tasty as the Tinymight.
Yes, there is a major difference in the vapor quality and flavor. The Edge is a nice device that will medicate no problem, but when you put it next to a Milaana (or TM), it's like comparing a nice Honda Civic to a Aston Martin DBS. So it's up to you to decide if it's worth $400-plus.

That said, if you want a vape that's way better than the POTV but don't want to get financially reamed by a new Tinymight purchase, get a Legacy Pro on sale, or a used Milaana or TM1.

Last edited:

vink

I feel a bit qualified to answer this as I had a Fury Edge and Milaana 3, and the Milaana can hit just as big and tasty as the Tinymight.
Yes, there is a major difference in the vapor quality and flavor. The Edge is a nice device that will medicate no problem, but when you put it next to a Milaana (or TM), it's like comparing a nice Honda Civic to a Aston Martin DBS. So it's up to you to decide if it's worth $400-plus.

That said, if you want a vape that's way better than the POTV but don't want to get financially reamed by a new Tinymight purchase, get a Legacy Pro on sale, or a used Milaana or TM1.
Thx for the info! The Milaana looks nice but is only 100$ less than tm and no 10 years warranty. The legacy pro got a strange design to me and vapor quality does not looks that great. Anyways I guess I’m gonna try the tm2 with the 14 satisfaction guarantee potv offer and guess I’ll see ;)

hinglemccringleberry

Thx for the info! The Milaana looks nice but is only 100$ less than tm and no 10 years warranty. The legacy pro got a strange design to me and vapor quality does not looks that great. Anyways I guess I’m gonna try the tm2 with the 14 satisfaction guarantee potv offer and guess I’ll see ;)
Where did you hear that the Legacy Pro vapor quality isn't that great? That's the opposite of what I've heard..

hinglemccringleberry,

Shit Snacks

Where did you hear that the Legacy Pro vapor quality isn't that great? That's the opposite of what I've heard..

I've heard it from two different people who have it actually, aside from all the fiddliness with the little parts, some of the design, keeps me from buying one fortunately

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Grass Yes

vink

Well first it’s hybrid heating and it may not be objective but check out the vapefiend review video… from my readings Inwould be more interested in the xlux roffu than the legacy pro but I may be wrong!

vink,
Top Bottom