• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Do firecrackers smell while cooking?

Noonan

I'm new to cooking with bud. I've made brownies in the past and cooking the butter smelled pretty bad. I'm home today due to the snow and was thinking about making a few firecrackers with ABV but cannot have it stinking up the place.

I rent the bottom floor of a house and have my own kitchen, and there's actually a sliding glass door separating the kitchen from the rest of the house. I'm wondering if I would be safe or if it's risky.

Noonan,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It will smell, there is no way around that. Especially if you make them in the oven. The microwave might not smell as much, but it will still give off an odor.

Vicki,

MacRadish

Wouldn't the fact that the base ingredient is ABV cut down significantly on the worrisome smell?

MacRadish,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Here is a recipe I have used in the past that doesn't smell too badly. ;)

Three Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Things You'll Need:

* 1 Coffee Mug (the taller, the better)
* 4 Tablespoons flour
* 4 Tablespoons sugar
* 2 Tablespoons powder baking cocoa
* 1 Egg
* 3-4 Tablespoons milk
* 3 Tablespoons oil
* 3 Tablespoons Chocolate chips (optional)
* Small splash of vanilla
* One-two grams of finely ground cannabis

Get a coffee mug of choice. If you are making this as a gift choose a coffee mug especially for that person. If you are making it simply to eat just grab your favorite coffee mug.

Add dry ingredients to coffee mug and mix well.

Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add chocolate chips & vanilla and mix well.

Add 1-2 grams of finely ground cannabis and stir well.

Put your coffee mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little, and eat. (can be tipped out of the mug onto a plate)

Vicki,

Noonan

Nice! Sounds like a good/easy recipe i just have to check for cocoa powder. I didn't know microwaving was an option- I thought it would cook too fast.

Noonan,

Nosferatu

If you wrap the firecrackers air tight in tin foil, it wont smell. Ive cooked them with people in the house and no one knew, just smells like peanut butter.

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
If you wrap the firecrackers air tight in tin foil, it wont smell. Ive cooked them with people in the house and no one knew, just smells like peanut butter.

Totally agree with this.

I use Cinnamon Graham Crackers and Organic Peanut butter from Trader Joe's. Absolutely no smell and.............no ABV taste, and that's with one full gram of ABV per Graham Cracker sandwich.

Totally wrapping in tin foil is key though.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I wrap mine in a foil pouch as well. No smell to speak of.

I like a bit of Nutella w/ the peanut butter on mine :D

Lo,

buck824

masbanji92 said:

I agree with this--my wife is like a weed bloodhound--she can smell weed from an MFLB session an hour afterward, but I've cooked firecrackers with her right in the kitchen, and she never smelled anything. I've done this with both ABV and super smelly nugs with no odor . . . .

buck824,

Mckdenton

If you don't want to worry about the smell in your house, use a grill outside. just wrap em up in foil. I have done this with success. :peace:

Mckdenton,

lwien

Mckdenton said:
If you don't want to worry about the smell in your house, use a grill outside. just wrap em up in foil. I have done this with success. :peace:

You don't need to use an outside grill. Firecrackers made with ABV wrapped in aluminum foil and cooked in the oven at 305 to 310f for 22 min. does not cause any smell.

lwien,

Nosferatu

lwien said:
Mckdenton said:

You don't need to use an outside grill. Firecrackers made with ABV wrapped in aluminum foil and cooked in the oven at 305 to 310f for 22 min. does not cause any smell.

Haha I love your exactness! Do you really do them at those temps? Iv'e always done 350f then started 325f, do you think it works better a little lower? Cuz mine come out so burnt and gross...

And OP remember to bend edges of tin foil around and really tighten it, some people think a few simple wraps is AIR TIGHT, but its NOT. Then there should be no smell.

Nosferatu,

lwien

masbanji92 said:
Haha I love your exactness! Do you really do them at those temps? Iv'e always done 350f then started 325f, do you think it works better a little lower? Cuz mine come out so burnt and gross...

With ABV, you don't need to go that hot. It's already been cooked once. ;)

lwien,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
Vicki said:

Things You'll Need:

* 4 Tablespoons flour
* 4 Tablespoons sugar
* 1 Egg
* 3-4 Tablespoons milk
* 3 Tablespoons oil

Get a coffee mug of choice. If you are making this as a gift choose a coffee mug especially for that person. If you are making it simply to eat just grab your favorite coffee mug.

Put your coffee mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, don't be alarmed.

is this recipe for fresh herb/finely ground cannabis, abv, or either one? ive had great success with firecrackers. i would like to use this recipe for abv.

pinoy,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If you're using ABV in place of fresh you'd need to increase the amount generally speaking.

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pinoy said:
Vicki said:

Things You'll Need:

* 4 Tablespoons flour
* 4 Tablespoons sugar
* 1 Egg
* 3-4 Tablespoons milk
* 3 Tablespoons oil

is this recipe for fresh herb/finely ground cannabis, abv, or either one? ive had great success with firecrackers. i would like to use this recipe for abv.

I have never tried this recipe with ABV, but you would need to increase the amount significantly. I would use 1 gram of high end herb, or at least 2 grams of mids. I'm not sure how much ABV would work, but you can always experiment. :)

Vicki,

stuartambient

I made an ABV firecracker the other day using the method in this thread. I used 4 grams of ABV which should have been more potent then it seemed. I occasionally vape the ABV and can still a good amount of med out of it so I'm not sure. I haven't had overwhelming success with edibles.

Stuart

stuartambient,

Noonan

stuartambient said:
I made an ABV firecracker the other day using the method in this thread. I used 4 grams of ABV which should have been more potent then it seemed. I occasionally vape the ABV and can still a good amount of med out of it so I'm not sure. I haven't had overwhelming success with edibles.

Stuart

You used 4 grams of ABV in 1 firecracker and had little success?

I have about 4 grams and was hoping to spread it out and have 4 (if not, atleast 2) firecrackers.

Noonan,

lwien

Noonan said:
stuartambient said:

Stuart

I have about 4 grams and was hoping to spread it out and have 4 (if not, atleast 2) firecrackers.

Just as a reference, 1gr of ABV from a fairly hot PD works for me just fine. 2gr was a bit much.

That's the one thing I don't like about edibles. Our body chemistries are so different that we all kind of have to find the dosages that work best for us, and I strongly suggest to start low and work yourself up rather than the other way around.

lwien,

stuartambient

lwien said:
Noonan said:
stuartambient said:

Stuart

Just as a reference, 1gr of ABV from a fairly hot PD works for me just fine. 2gr was a bit much.

That's the one thing I don't like about edibles. Our body chemistries are so different that we all kind of have to find the dosages that work best for us, and I strongly suggest to start low and work yourself up rather than the other way around.

Iwien - I agree about all of us having different body chemistry. I kind of know mind for a while now and honestly for the most part I have a hard time getting anything out of edibles. I've had 2, 3 , and 4x dosage in cookies and candies that I purchased at dispensaries. A few worked, most didn't , one f*d my stomach up for a day. Not pleasant.

Recently I had some Cheeba Chews (4x honey oil tootsie like thing). I ate 1 and nothing, I ate a 2nd and that finally made it happen :) and at that point I was off but that's quite a bit when others tell me a 1/2 of 1 blows them away.

I'm messed up. LOL

Stuart

stuartambient,

lwien

Yeah, with edibles, it all has to do with how our livers process the THC. What I'd like to know is the mechanics of why one would get very good results from edibles while another would not. What actually happens to cause this difference?

lwien,

lwien

Yeah, with edibles, it all has to do with how our livers process the THC. What I'd like to know is the mechanics of why one would get very good results from edibles while another would not. What actually happens to cause this difference? Is it an indication of how well our livers are functioning or not functioning?

lwien,

Noonan

So I wrapped them up nicely like you guys said, and there was no smell.. Perfect. Didn't really matter since my house mates were away.

I made 3 large firecrackers with 4-5 grams of ABV split between them.
Exactly 90 minutes after eating them, me and my friends faces were hurting from smiling so much. We had the intense urge to laugh at shit that wasn't even funny, and then not be able to stop laughing.. We were also lazy as hell and felt like we were 300 pounds heavier.

This lasted for 5-7 hours.

Noonan,
Top Bottom