• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

do all vape taste shite??

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I defy any avid smoker to take the first pull off a bowl of caregiver-grown Superboof thru my flowerpot and say it doesn't taste fucking awesome.

feralcomprehension,

hinglemccringleberry

Thing is, I get what veteran dabbers are talking about when they say flower flavor can't compare. But as an experienced flower vaper who has done both, their viewpoint doesn't dissuade me from using flower.

To me, rosin dabs taste so good it's almost too good, like I'm inhaling soap from Bath and Bodyworks. That's because I'm so accustomed to flower that wax tastes "artificial" but really it's just my frame of reference being heavily skewed. That bias would be undone if I stopped using flower cold turkey and only dabbed for a long time (say, more than a year of daily use).

Same deal with veteran dabbers. All flower tastes like roots and grass to them but only because their frame of reference is so skewed the other direction and it would take them quitting concentrates cold turkey and vaping flower exclusively for a LONG time for the bias to be undone. Same with smokers who prefer combusting flower. If they were forced to only vape flower daily for 5 years straight, that would knock some sense into them. The day they finally try smoking again after a multi-year hiatus, they'll get it. But since they'll never do that, the bias will continue to produce blissful "ignorance"...

Last edited:

hausland

Lots of good advice has been given already. If I were you, I’d sell the Pax and all other devices you have and don’t enjoy and I’d get something portable of quality and a hard hitter for home use.

Portable you’re probably best off with the TinyMight (or if you wait a little the TinyMight 2 which is just coming out).

Home use, if you’re looking for something cost effective, the Elev8r is great value for money, hits hard and tastes phenomenal (it’s all glass, whether you use it with a bong or the wand it can be ordered with). Only thing for the Elev8r, you’ll need one of the bigger butane jet lighters (kitchen supply size) to operate it effectively without getting a coil for it.

Alternatively for home use you could go with a Stick Brick OG or the Hydro Maxx if you want to go through water. Also powered by a butane lighter (but the Stick Brick will do with a regular, smaller one and actually comes with such a lighter), these hit hard and direct, I find them most akin to combusting, you might appreciate that.

If you want to spend some more on a heavy heavy hitter, a Flowerpot B0 or B2 for home use will most likely give you the effects if nothing else…

Another home device known for its great flavour is the Herborizer Ti.

If you try any of these and you really don’t like it, vaping might just not be for you :). But I also liked what others have said, make sure you give your palate enough time to adjust to vaping before you judge the flavours you get.

Good luck!

Vaporware

They haven’t been made yet so I can’t say for sure, but the Phase 3 V1.8 should be one of the best tasting options too since the heater is a zirconia housing filled with ruby balls. The only metal in the air/vapor path is a screen or two.

Don’t let the “discontinued” tag fool you. The 1.7 had to stop due to lack of shops willing and able to produce it, but the 1.8 is available for pre-order right now. :)

If you don’t get in on the pre-order there should be some reviews popping up in a few months (including mine), but there’s been enough love for the 1.7 posted by the few who got to try one that I’d seriously consider getting in on it if you’re looking for flavor (or just great desktop performance)!

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
The day they finally try smoking again after a multi-year hiatus, they'll get it. But since they'll never do that, the bias will continue to produce blissful "ignorance"...

I agree, the thing that stuck with me when I tried to smoke a spliff after months of only vaping was that it mostly tasted like burning paper and I couldn't see how I used to find it enjoyable. Mixing with tobacco was terrible, it was very hot, the smoke really didn't taste like I remembered it and it was musty weed taste with the taste of burnt paper.

I really found that the key for me was separating the tobacco from the weed intake at first... divide and conquer as the saying goes. I did start smoking rollies at first but then I found just nicotine patches and just vaping was enough to keep any cravings away.

If you do have a tolerance issue and think that the dynavap is a bit small then I can suggest a full dynavap bowl about 0.1g of but but with a rosin or shatter type concentrate blob mixed in the top. That does make it a much tastier vape as well, so two birds one stone!

The dynavap isn't known for it's taste but with the concentrates added it has been great for me, and now my palette is becoming accustomed to dry flower vaping I'm finding I appreciate the better taste in the vrod but overall prefer the process and ritual with using the dynavap.

PeteyS

Hey, aint nothing wrong with "Smoking" if thats what makes you feel good.
I find it really funny how we all spend hundreds of dollars, if not thousands of dollars on vapes, that do the same thing as a pack of rollies, or a 15$ hand pipe will do.
First world problems at its finest here.

PeteyS,

HughJass

Haha, it is rather funny.
The truth, smokers, vapourists, we re all in the same family doing the exact same thing.
I find it really funny how we all spend hundreds of dollars, if not thousands of dollars on vapes, that do the same thing as a pack of rollies, or a 15$ hand pipe will do.
First world problems at its finest here.

Yes..sort of, but in my opinion just NO.
(Although It is very first world problems)

As an example (any harder substances/non specific)-people that use a needle would argue it’s not even in the same league, and are NOT considered the same as people who smoke or snort the same substance. (In this example it’s a shunning in a negative way)

In the case of vaporization, I would argue that’s it’s not even in the same league, in a positive way.

And in literally every single way, from effects down to flavor.​

I genuinely do not enjoy smoking anymore. It tastes bad, and takes forever to get a not good feeling/sickly body buzz. It could just be me, but I loathe combustion now. And that’s exactly why I joined this forum.

Yes, we are a big ‘family’ all enjoying the same plant, but us vaporists here are enjoying it at its best, and it’s purest.
Savoring effects that can Only be reached by vaporizing.

You are of course entitled to hold your own opinion, one of unity is arguably a better position to hold in all things, this is just my :2c:

Top Bottom