DIY Portable Vape? (Morwood inspired)

I want to start a vaporizer project since I can’t purchase vapes (under 21 medical), I have some experience woodworking and building mech mods (not interested in 510 builds)

I want to emulate what Morwood makes (Toad/Nomad), a “simple” unregulated vaporizer. Have the time and money

Is there any info on how to make ribbon coils similar to Tinymight/Morwood?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Dan has written quite a bit about his process for people on the Nomad list. You could probably reach out to him and he might share that with you.

If I were making an unregulated portable, I would probably start a bit simpler with using a foil mesh, similar to something that would be used in a 510 deck. If you look at the Milaana you will see a very nice version of this. I can't remember if Ryan shared this design in his Open Source RBT stuff.

I am playing around with some of these things in a log design as I have no desire to fool with batteries. Lots of good info on how to do that here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/

Dan has written quite a bit about his process for people on the Nomad list. You could probably reach out to him and he might share that with you.

If I were making an unregulated portable, I would probably start a bit simpler with using a foil mesh, similar to something that would be used in a 510 deck. If you look at the Milaana you will see a very nice version of this. I can't remember if Ryan shared this design in his Open Source RBT stuff.

I am playing around with some of these things in a log design as I have no desire to fool with batteries. Lots of good info on how to do that here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-misty-log-diy-wooden-log-vaporizer.26757/
Will do! I just sent him a message 🤟, thank you for the reply

Hippie

Welcome aboard :wave:

The Lil' bud thread (and @Alan's posts re. the spiral coil inside) will probably be of some use to you

Top Bottom