• Attachment/image uploading is temporarily disabled.

DIY Induction Heater Builds and References

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Some of my most memorable moments are when friends asked me to try something that is obviously dumb to do. Yet we talk about it all the time.

GI

@GI , I wanted to see you experiment with the 1S just so I could see the result. Unfortunately failure and some waste of money was the most likely result... Does that make me a bad friend? Good luck with your project.
Not a bad friend, no, but i'm not expert at all, i simply ask....i was think about more useful and long lasting a 3s charge not that 1s is near impossible....then i can't go into a project where i know almost nothing and the success is quite 0....so i try first the 3S or 2S and half pint.....you are the expert teacher :-) ;-)

About ecig mod boxes, can be possible a fake coil that say ok to the mod box chip to avoid coil sense ?

GI,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
<snip>

About ecig mod boxes, can be possible a fake coil that say ok to the mod box chip to avoid coil sense ?
You might have something there. One could try a conventional vaping coil or power resistor in parallel to a ZVS. The coil/resistor should allow maximum resistance the mod allows. When the idle power of the IH kicks in, the power will be shared with the coil. It has to reach about 7 volts across the 'bypass' coil to make a ZVS viable. Reduce the work coil to 7 turns/22" for 2S operation.

Top Bottom