Divine Tribe atty's

lazylathe

Almost there...
I just ordered a dtv4, and I am going to be using it on a eleaf dual pico mod like this: https://www.elementvape.com/eleaf-pico-dual-200w-tc-starter-kit
Does anyone have a link to an idiots guide to setting this combo up?
I never used the mod for anything other than a USB power bank, and I don't want my ignorance to destroy my new dtv4.

I use their Discord server and help is amazing!
They have a guide and screenshots showing settings etc...

There is some software you will need on your PC so you can flash your mod with Arctic Fox which turns itnintona very versatile device!

iammyself

I use their Discord server and help is amazing!
They have a guide and screenshots showing settings etc...

There is some software you will need on your PC so you can flash your mod with Arctic Fox which turns itnintona very versatile device!

Thank you! I got the DTV4 with iStick rim-c today, and spent hours trying to get familiar piecing together info from Reddit, google searches, and here. Then I went to the discord server you linked to, read the guides, used the recommended settings, and am having amazing hits now.

I got mine with the quartz and titanium cups, and have tried both. I’ve only had a single dab out of the titanium, but think I prefer it with the settings I got on the discord server over the quartz. I also got it with thr 14mm wpa and hubble bubble. Such a fun, cool little setup.

iammyself

3A1B5FCA-697B-4902-954F-625D7BDE6FB9.jpeg

As you can see from the reclaim already building up on the Hubble bubble, I’ve been putting it through it paces the past day. I’m loving it! I have the Ti cup installed, and the AudioViz settings from the discord on my AF mod. The hits are fantastic, I’m truly impressed by how quickly it produces, and how tasty it is. And it feels really cool and fun while using it with the bubbler. This is my new favorite way to dab.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Whatever happened to a V4 “POLISHED” SIC dish announcement, and hopefully a discount code?

It's been out for a while now.
Ineedhemp has them in stock for a bit every month or so but they sell out quickly.
Herb cafe in Canada has them.

Unless you are talking about the new V4.5 that comes standard with a polished Sic?

Check the Reddit for their discounts.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It's been out for a while now.
Ineedhemp has them in stock for a bit every month or so but they sell out quickly.
Herb cafe in Canada has them.

Unless you are talking about the new V4.5 that comes standard with a polished Sic?

Check the Reddit for their discounts.

Yes, I saw them, but in the past, Matt has posted updates here, and discount codes in his sig. I have two of the previous SIC version.

RustyOldNail,

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
the v5 prototype display ad email me for link to buy
matt@ineedhemp.com

7-13-2021 ok to email for link 2014 customers and before (v2.7 buyers, paypal , the real early days)
7-15-2021 ok for 2016ners to email (v3 early adopters, good times)
7-17-21 2018 and before, t
7-19-21 2019 and before
7-21-21 2020 and before

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME prematurely unless you really do not know or have a record in your email searching.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
the v5 prototype display ad email me for link to buy
matt@ineedhemp.com

7-13-2021 ok to email for link 2014 customers and before (v2.7 buyers, paypal , the real early days)
7-15-2021 ok for 2016ners to email (v3 early adopters, good times)
7-17-21 2018 and before, t
7-19-21 2019 and before
7-21-21 2020 and before

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME prematurely unless you really do not know or have a record in your email searching.
I'm very tempted to be part of that beta testing!

Hi Matt, is the V5 will not fit the V4 bottomless banger? (sorry if it was already mentionned before).

TIA

PPN,

divinetribe

We are trying our hardest to become Medical Grade
Manufacturer
I'm very tempted to be part of that beta testing!

Hi Matt, is the V5 will not fit the V4 bottomless banger? (sorry if it was already mentionned before).

TIA
some are saying the v4 banger fits others are saying its slightly too small. ,, i made a new seamless bottomless banger that is wide enough for the v5 if you want to get that i made a ad for it

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Two days with the new V5 beta

My Gear: is a couple of eVic VTC Minis running Arctic Fox with fresh, new Molicel P26A high current 18650s. I've been vaping different strains of wonderfully made resin. Extremely clean stuff. If you don't burn it, it leaves no noticeable residue, except in your brain.

Settings: I've always used TC-NI200 with my V4s (I have a Quartz V4 and a SiC V4), but I noticed that Matt was using TCR-180-38w, and he knows more about the temperature response curves of the V5 crucible than anyone, so I set mine to TCR-180 as well. The first difference I found is that the granularity of the temperature readout was much finer and as the temperature went up and down it showed many more values. This is most apparent when cold firing the V5. In TC mode it steps from 70°F to 140°F with nothing in between. In TCR-180 mode I see changes every few degrees. So if you haven't used TCR mode in the past, I recommend you try it now.

My 2¢ on power: I only use 33 watts as I've never felt the need for more. The V5 comes up to temp fast enough with 33w and I see no need to run the heaters that close to their limit. I don't burn oil at 33w either. If you're nice to your heaters, they'll be nice to you.

My 2¢ on temperature: I started out at 450°F but quickly dropped it to 420°F and I've been using it at 400°F now. My lungs aren't what they used to be and 450°F hits without the hubble are too harsh for my liking. My V4 Quartz is set to 490°F and my V4 SiC is set to 360°F. I think temperature is the most personal setting and each crucible type produces a given amount of vapor at a different indicated temperature. Again YMMV depending on what you're vaping and if you're using a water pipe of some sort. Plus some people like it hotter than others.

Speaking of which, after almost a gram of good stuff, I've had no need to burn off grunge because there hasn't been any. The Quartz V4 requires almost continuous cleaning, which sucks. The SiC V4 is much better, but I think the V5 ceramic is the easiest to keep clean of the bunch. Some pictures on the Discord forum show lots of grunge needing burn-offs, but I've not experienced it at all.

My V5 Vaping Routine: I've been putting in a grain of rice sized blob of resin and manually firing the V5. When it reaches 400°F I take a full lungful and let go of the button and hold it in for maybe 10 seconds. Exhale, push button, wait 3 seconds for it to get back to 400°F (it only drops to about 300°F in between hits) and repeat. I get three HUGE hits and that still leaves a fair amount of golden oil running around the junction of the base and walls of the crucible. At this point, after three huge hits, I have to take a break. :) There's too much completely clean golden oil still in the crucible to Q-Tip it out, so after the break I autofire it and then just take MANY hits, one after the other, which are not monster hits anymore, but have lots of wonderfulness left in them. After many small hits the vapor exhale finally thins out, and then it's time to swab out the tiny bit of not-quite-golden-anymore oil that's left. And the crucible is clean as a whistle. One thing I noticed that I haven't figured out is when I clean the V5 the Q-Tip doesn't burn or turn dark brown the way it does when I clean the V4 SiC crucible. Not sure why, though I haven't actually measured the temperature of the crucibles, maybe it's just that the SiC holds heat much longer. Every once and a while I use an iso dipped swab to clean the cooled off outside of the crucible and the standoff. There's no boil over or anything, but the vapor does condense on everything inside the cover. And speaking of the cover, mine fits just fine; not too loose, not too tight. I've been using it straight, without the hubble. I replaced the stock metal mouthpiece with the included silicone version. The inner glass piece does need to be cleaned every few hits if you want to be able to see the crucible clearly. It fogs up with vapor. :)

Let's see, what else? I have the full glass cover that you can get for the V4 and it fits, but I'm concerned that the vortex tubes extend pretty far into the crucible and I'm also worried I'll break it (I've broken two over the years). The full glass cover gets VERY VERY hot in the area around the crucible. This is due, no doubt, to the fact that the crucible sides have heaters inside and are radiating heat like there's no tomorrow. The glass cover with the 14mm tip that mates with the Hubble is still my favorite cover so I hope Matt comes up with a thicker, stronger version for the V5.

To the person who asked earlier if the V5 would work with an eVic Basic, the answer is: it depends on the state of its internal battery. I have three old eVic Basics that still have working internal batteries, so I dusted them off and checked. The V5 works fine on one of them, but the other two have batteries that are on their last legs and they don't have enough umph to work with the half Ω V5 load. The eVic Basics are all at least 5 or 6 years old, maybe more, don't remember. The one that works, strangely enough, is the oldest of the bunch. YMMV

Haywood

Last edited:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I've been playing around with the v5 for the last couple days also and I like it. I'm using it on an v2 mini with the lastest arctic fox build. I've not spent any time checking actual dish temps - but I'm getting vapor consistent with 420-450F. I'm using TCR 178 @36w with a set temp of 420F and a 30s autofilre. PI regulation using 50%,P:1650,I:20 which allows only a 30-50F variance at set temp. It does get hot and I'm using the silicone mouthpiece also.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
Can anyone recommend the best current DT setup available for purchase? I've been out of the game for a while now but I'm going on a trip in a week and a half and want something portable.

I still own a V4. I had thought about getting a SIC dish but they sell out fast I guess. I need new coils for it regardless.

Was the QQ with SIC a success? I think it's a V2? I enjoyed my original QQ but I'm not sure where it's gone in the last 4-5 years, lol. I may still have it. New coils required probably.

What do you guys think? Anyone have advice?

VapeEnthusiast,
Hey guys,

I've been puffing on the DCV2 dry herb attachment and I'm pretty impressed. My last conduction vape was the Pax 3, and this has comparable taste in a much smaller form factor. I just run it at 30w and pulse, packed tight with a chimney hole.

However, it seems like trying to find any information on this vape is basically a hunt through the search menu and reddit. I'm seeing a lot of discussion on the concentrate vaporizers on this thread, but really barely any discussion on the dry herb line.

Is there any dedicated thread for the DCV2?
Hey buddy if your mod has TCR mode set the ycr value to 330 the wattage to 33 and the temp to 410° whoops got too baked and forgot I replied months ago oh well

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I'm using TCR 178 @36w with a set temp of 420F and a 30s autofilre. PI regulation using 50%,P:1650,I:20 which allows only a 30-50F variance at set temp.
Hey right on
Enjoying the v5 myself
Using TCR 180 - 36w - 450-480F. No Pi reg on AF nod, using added material for TCR on DNA mod.

To find out how to set a TCR value on your DNA mod, see https://thevapor.ninja/tcr .

To see my write-up of the v5 prototype, see https://bit.ly/v5-proto .

It's been great to network with all of you regarding the v5 prototype. This will be a total game changer !

:bigleaf:

oldfool

Digging through a drawer of old adapters I was able to rig this. I'm liking it.

IMG-2551.jpg

Improvaper

I've been using the V5 for a week now, and I'm really, really impressed with it. My goal was to set it up for the same timings and temperatures as my V4, which I felt were really dialed into my dabbing style.

I use an iR thermo to calibrate my rigs. I use a Wismec Gen3 Dual with Arctic Fox and a bottomless banger. The V4 I ran Nickel TFE at 33W, 350°f cold starts with a 15s preheat cold to 350° and a 5s pause before draw. With the SiC on the V4, these settings gave me 1:1 with the iR through the dabbing temp range, locked tight and super reliable for 1.5 years.

On the V5, I'm using TCR 200, 33W, 350°. Heatup time is the same at 15s + 5s pause. But it delivers a LOT more vapor on the first rip. Where on the V4 vapor density would be pretty evenly spread across 2 rips with a weaker third, The V5 gives me most of it in 1, weaker 2nd, and usually little to no 3rd. I'm left with a perfect reclaim puddle that cleans up with a dry swab easily. Flavor never goes too far and I'm left with the best tasting, most satisfying dabs I've ever had non-torch.

It's maintained a like-new finish with dry swabbing alone for a week. I did 1 burnoff last night at 36W for a couple cycles (letting it cool fully between cycles) just to get the corners a bit, but it was more to see how well it worked. Very nicely. I don't think I'll be doing that too often, though. It really doesn't need it. The whole deck and banger stays so much cleaner for me. I'm really thrilled with this upgrade.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
SO I've had the v5 prototype for about oh what a month now or so ?
Absolutely stellar !
Doing wattage cleaning @ 35w , cooling when it gets to about .90 ohms.
After a few cycles she's completley new lookin again.
Here are some photos of the v5 prototype :

20210715_145336.jpg

20210715_154235.jpg

20210715_154510.jpg

The v5 prototype, featuring an Al2O3 (Aluminum Oxide, Alumina) cup, Zirconia spacer with tungsten coil embedded and high temp tungsten slurry solder on nickel leads.

Top Bottom