Ditanium vaporizer

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
I've been trying to figure out how you got 3mm balls into a Divine Tribe unit.
I got it now. But the same DT means two different things in the same post... :huh:
Oh good lord, sorry for the confusion. My old fingers really get sick of trying to type in DiTanium and my autocorrect doesn't like it for some reason...

Yep, I got cheap ball bearings for my DiTanium (can't recommend enough) and a really expensive tiny cup for my Divine Tribe atomizer :)

oldfool

I got the new polished SiC cup for my V4. And a new mod with Arctic Fox (autofire for the win). Very happy.

And I'm lucky Underdog logs are out of stock or he would already have my money.
Just ordered a Ditanium and some ruby balls. Think I got my moneys worth with my VAPORBLUNT BAKER DAB.

BAKER-DAB-VAPORIZER.jpg

Last edited:

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
D37D3562-964A-4DF8-AAE0-0B1E8B4ECCCF.jpeg
Ditanium was delivered today. Immediately removed the quartz cup and put a bent screen in across the stem outlet (not in the stem) then filled it with rubies. Put the carb cap on and let it heat soak at around 12 o’clock for a good half hour and hoooly shit am I medicated. This thing is dope for flower. I wish CCV would have sent me the titanium bowl I ordered though, I’ll have to wait for it to show up to give that a whirl. The glass stem is working just fine with whatever size load I put in it so nbd.

Last edited:

oldfool

I have a Dynavap CCD at either end of the 14mm male piece.
Those are tough to get in straight. Any trick to it?
Got them in but it's not pretty.
Ditanium was delivered today. Immediately removed the quartz cup and put a bent screen in across the stem outlet (not in the stem) then filled it with rubies.
Received mine today also. Put 50 rubies in the quartz bowl and took one rip. Outfuckingstanding!
Just removed the cup and installed the 200 rubies and it's warming up now for round two.

I had no idea you could get rips this big vaping flower. :D

Last edited:

Texus

Yeah, I'd love to find the best balls mod that in some way preserves that dab capacity without sacrificing too much of the heatsink advantage that the balls provide.

Texus,
Reactions: BigJr48

WildWillie

Yeah, the CCDs are tricky. They end up being concave slightly to fit inside the 14mm nozzle. I kind of smash them into the hole with my thumb, trying to push in each edge evenly. Then you can use a tool from the other side to adjust it as well or something very pointy (I used a titanium pick) to stick into the CCD from the front and lever it into place.

WildWillie,

oldfool

I never tried this thing stock, but packed with ruby balls, it's a beast.
And no need for long slow hits. Just hit it as hard as you like... and big clouds.

oldfool,

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
Yeah, I'd love to find the best balls mod that in some way preserves that dab capacity without sacrificing too much of the heatsink advantage that the balls provide.
I've got Silicon Nitride ceramic balls in mine (best thermal properties of a medically safe ceramic I could find in 3mm, and I only filled up to below the dish. So it's about 60 3mm ceramic balls for me, quartz dish still in, and dab cap on top. I usually sit around 12:30 for really nice lazy half-wand sessions or around 1:00 to knock out 0.5g bowls in two hits. It's pretty freaking incredible what this baby can do!

I haven't done the complete conversion, and may or may not, because I intended to keep using it for dabbing as well. But, I got on the DTv4 + BB bandwagon and haven't looked back. So, maybe I'll do the full conversion after all...

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector

Received mine today also. Put 50 rubies in the quartz bowl and took one rip. Outfuckingstanding!
Just removed the cup and installed the 200 rubies and it's warming up now for round two.

I had no idea you could get rips this big vaping flower. :D
Where do all the rubie balls go below the dab dish and also in the flower heater tube or just below the flower dish?

I am considering getting one but want to understand what all can be modded?

Thanks much!

ProfessionalHandJob

Where do all the rubie balls go below the dab dish and also in the flower heater tube or just below the flower dish?

I am considering getting one but want to understand what all can be modded?

Thanks much!
i took the dab dish completely out, and put a screen across the flower heater tube. Others have put dynavap screens into the end of the heat tube so they were able to fill the tube with rubies as well. I didn't want to mess with shoving a dynavap screen into it there, so i went with a larger screen and didn't fill the tube part.

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
i took the dab dish completely out, and put a screen across the flower heater tube. Others have put dynavap screens into the end of the heat tube so they were able to fill the tube with rubies as well. I didn't want to mess with shoving a dynavap screen into it there, so i went with a larger screen and didn't fill the tube part.
The tube would make for massive hits based on my TerpTourch and DC Elev8R experience with ruby beads and sic beads. Do the beads below the quartz dish cause your dabs to get too hot? Also does the reclaim from the dabs get into all the beads when it goes down through your J hook or whip? That would be a mess to clean., the dabs would have to pass through the beads right?

bkkbob,

ProfessionalHandJob

The tube would make for massive hits based on my TerpTourch and DC Elev8R experience with ruby beads and sic beads. Do the beads below the quartz dish cause your dabs to get too hot? Also does the reclaim from the dabs get into all the beads when it goes down through your J hook or whip? That would be a mess to clean., the dabs would have to pass through the beads right?
I only use mine for flower so far, I haven't used it for dabs. That's why I said I completely removed the quartz cup, which gave me room for quite a bit more rubies then if I had left the quartz cup in and only put rubies below it. It probably would make a bit of difference if I had filled the tube as well, but I have so many rubies in it already since the quartz cup was removed that I'm already very pleased with the performance as I have it now set to 12 noon

oldfool

Inspired by this r/vaporents post, I removed the quartz dish and filled it will borosilicate balls. You have to be careful that they are borosilicate (or ruby, ceramic, or etc.) otherwise they can fuse to the heater. Obviously this removes the ability to dab, but I rarely have access to any.

I have a Dynavap CCD at either end of the 14mm male piece. The one at the front to prevent herb from blowing in, and one at the back to prevent balls from falling out. I also used a Ditanium glass handpiece screen over the heating element to prevent the hot balls from spilling in case of an accident.

All said and done, I can get nice dense rips at a much lower setting and finish a bowl quicker. Around noon to 1 o’clock, I can combust over that (I have a mix of 100 ceramic balls and the rest boro, using titanium handpiece btw)

Before the mod, I’d be at around 3 o’clock to get my herb dark and fully extracted. I’ve also tried balls under the quartz dish, and it hits slightly harder, but not many fit in there and you have to be careful not to crush the quartz dish when you screw in the 14mm male with balls in there.

View attachment 4739View attachment 4740

The ruby balls make this a flower only vape.
Either 50 balls in the dish or remove the dish and 200 balls in the tube around the quartz rod.
I did like www and put a Dynavap CCD at either end of the 14mm male piece.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
The ruby balls make this a flower only vape.
Either 50 balls in the dish or remove the dish and 200 balls in the tube around the quartz rod.
I did like www and put a Dynavap CCD at either end of the 14mm male piece.
You can also put ~50 balls inside and under the quartz dish if you are careful (I dropped them into the nozzle hole before screwing it in (carefully). With 50 balls, dish in, and dab cap on, I'm getting massive hits at nice low settings. Really consistent and able to put out the heat needed for my generally steady, long inhales. I haven't done a "full conversion" yet, but might when I get around to ordering more pearls.

Currently have a DC-Elev8r I'm figuring out (4/20 deal!), and it's actually very similar in performance when it's set up right. DT actually seems to hold heat better though.

DrRishi

Just got my DiTanium. Haven't bought a new vape for a couple of years. I have a FlowerPot and some other stuff from NewVape which I love but it's not very compact or easy to put away when we get visitors who are not into vaping. The last year I have been mainly using my trusty old Hercules for concentrate, still the best portable vape for concentrate in my opinion. Anyway when I saw the DiTanium I wanted it. Discrete, very neatly packaged with the option of herb or concentrate. Only been using it for a couple of days but I love it. I am not after huge clouds (my NewVape gear can do that if I need it), I like to be able to puff away without coughing my lungs up and this vape really fits the bill. Only done concentrate once, used a rather large dab and it floored me for the evening. Still learning but for now I am very happy with it.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Just got my DiTanium. Haven't bought a new vape for a couple of years. I have a FlowerPot and some other stuff from NewVape which I love but it's not very compact or easy to put away when we get visitors who are not into vaping. The last year I have been mainly using my trusty old Hercules for concentrate, still the best portable vape for concentrate in my opinion. Anyway when I saw the DiTanium I wanted it. Discrete, very neatly packaged with the option of herb or concentrate. Only been using it for a couple of days but I love it. I am not after huge clouds (my NewVape gear can do that if I need it), I like to be able to puff away without coughing my lung up and this vape really fits the bill. Only done concentrate once, used a rather large dab and it floored me for the evening. Still learning but for now I am very happy with it.
Yea I agree, I think it has its place along side the flowerpot as well, it’s definitely a different experience and nice that you can just use the whip whenever.

Also it looks a lot less imposing to friends and easier for them to use

DrRishi

It’s the weekend so I had to experiment a little. Instead of a full chamber of herb I used just enough to cover the screen. Dial at 12:30 through a little Honey bubbler. Very smooth and terpy. The small load is consumed quickly so almost no popcorn phase. We tried some CBD concentrate, a tiny dab and it pretty much evaporated in one go. Again great flavour. Tried the same with thc concentrate, a tiny dab with the same results. I think I will stick to these micro doses.

shnorhagalutyun

Hi folks—long time lurker (this thread helped me decide to buy a Ditanium), first time poster.

I’m very happy with my Ditanium, but I keep on seeing posts here and in /r/Vaporents regarding ball mods. I’m interested in jumping on that bandwagon, but have a question.

I’m trying to figure out if it would be better to use the ruby balls sold by Vgoodiez or the titanium balls sold by DDave. I want to make sure there’s no threat of fusing or offgassing. My gut says titanium (since so much of the Ditanium is titanium) but everyone seems to be using ruby.

Can anyone fill me in on the pros and cons of ruby vs. titanium balls?

Thank you!

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Or save some $ and go with glass balls. I'm using ruby ball with zero issues.

More exotic materials do not noticeably improve the performance.

glass boiling stones
They may not improve the performance of the highlighter but that doesn't mean it would not improve the performance of another unit. The DCE is a prime example where you are able to operate at a lower temperature and some report more even heating although I never had issues with boro.

Not sure what would be better here. I kind of think any of them will 'work', it's just a matter of what might work best. Unfortunately I don't know there are too many comparisons with the Ditanuim.

Top Bottom