DHGATE - Aaaaaackkkkk! :) Good/Bad Seller List

wildything

https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-bi...with-1-birdcage/388109628.html#mstprod-3-null

How is this guys stuff for you?
Good seller I have used him a few times.
Yingmin is a reputable seller and good quality. I have that matrix sidecar and have nothing to complain about it. It’s a lot taller than Stevens version so you can have more water and hit it harder without worrying about splash. However if you like smaller volume pieces than the Steven or sunshine store may be better options.

arb

Semi shaved ape
IMG-20181211-091649-hdr.jpg
IMG-20181210-134707-hdr.jpg

Alina0086 aka radiant glass factory aka bonglas....call themselves what they will makes quality glass.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Just received two glass pieces from yingman5. Both were supposed to be 10 inches. One was 8 inches and the other was 9 inches. I measured from the bottom including the base. Also one of the glass bowls was broken. If it weren't that the person who I bought it for likes to burn some I might not have made an issue of the bowl.

I selected the "send seller replacement" option.

The glass is so cheap I'm not even sure I should bother....

https://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-sell-best-price-bong-glass-smoking-pipe/397760004.html

[link removed]

Modnote: Edited to remove link to labeled counterfeit glass.

Last edited by a moderator:

His_Highness

Just received two glass pieces from yingman5. Both were supposed to be 10 inches. One was 8 inches and the other was 9 inches. I measured from the bottom including the base. Also one of the glass bowls was broken. If it weren't that the person who I bought it for likes to burn some I might not have made an issue of the bowl.

I selected the "send seller replacement" option.

The glass is so cheap I'm not even sure I should bother....

https://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-sell-best-price-bong-glass-smoking-pipe/397760004.html

I'm following what looks like the suggested DHGATE steps to contest the order "You have submitted a proposal. Awaiting seller agreement. If you cannot reach an agreement with the seller, you can request DHgate mediation after 2018-12-18". I haven't received any replies since submitting the issue 12/12. Is there something else I should do or should I wait till 12/18?

The other thing I noticed is the available selections for a dispute....the one I selected was "Item not as described-About Size". Gives me the impression the wrong size is so common that it has it's own standard dispute description.......really?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The other thing I noticed is the available selections for a dispute....the one I selected was "Item not as described-About Size". Gives me the impression the wrong size is so common that it has it's own standard dispute description.......really?
You can buy more than just bongs on the Gate, shirts, shoes and all sorts of crap where size is an issue.:myday:
I don't think the overall height of the bong being out an inch is something worth complaining about, unless it affects function, the sidecar mouthpiece was just attached at a different angle than the picture, all glass is slightly different due to being hand blown.
The broken bowl is a different matter, they will no doubt send a new one or give you a 3-4 buck discount to go buy another.:tup:

His_Highness

You can buy more than just bongs on the Gate, shirts, shoes and all sorts of crap where size is an issue.:myday:
I don't think the overall height of the bong being out an inch is something worth complaining about, unless it affects function, the sidecar mouthpiece was just attached at a different angle than the picture, all glass is slightly different due to being hand blown.
The broken bowl is a different matter, they will no doubt send a new one or give you a 3-4 buck discount to go buy another.:tup:

You were spot on! I got the response this morning from yingman5 and I was offered a replacement for the broken bowl and nothing else.

We're going to have to agree to disagree whether ordering one thing and receiving another is worth complaining about though. I was going to purchase from either the Sunshine Store or yingman5 and decided to purchase from yingman5 because they had the 10 inch version.

The reply this morning from yingman5 said his worker sent the wrong size but they are good quality and sell well and they would send me a replacement for the broken bowl. Really!? I might have accepted that logic if they mistakenly sent me something better than I ordered.

I don't think it's fair for me to receive a full order replacement AND keep the original items too but I also don't think it's fair to order one thing and get another. I replied this morning and told them I'd be happy to send the order back if they pay shipping and then they could decide to refund me or send the correct items. I also gave them the option to send me at least one of the items that is 10 inches and forget about the broken bowl.

2hrs

I tried placing my first dhgate order last week.

i submitted their payment verification thing throught he link they asked for.

I have seen no update or response. I can't tell if they got the verification or not. I sent an email with the information as well to their security email.

nothing. no response at all.

also while going through this I noticed I accidentally selected the wrong config for a couple of adapters i was getting (accidentally selected female but wanted male). I sent a message to the seller to try to change it...nothing.

tried getting on live chat... nothing, it keeps funneling me back to the FAQ bot.

I was excited to get on dhgate as I avoided it for a while. but thought well fuck it, it'll be good to get setup and go through the process...but what the hell.

has anyone else taken forever to verify their first payment? I mean the email says if they don't receive verification in like 24hrs they cancel the order. its been well more than that...but order doesn't appear to be cancelled...

i can't tell wtf is going on.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I tried placing my first dhgate order last week.

i submitted their payment verification thing throught he link they asked for.

I have seen no update or response. I can't tell if they got the verification or not. I sent an email with the information as well to their security email.

nothing. no response at all.

also while going through this I noticed I accidentally selected the wrong config for a couple of adapters i was getting (accidentally selected female but wanted male). I sent a message to the seller to try to change it...nothing.

tried getting on live chat... nothing, it keeps funneling me back to the FAQ bot.

I was excited to get on dhgate as I avoided it for a while. but thought well fuck it, it'll be good to get setup and go through the process...but what the hell.

has anyone else taken forever to verify their first payment? I mean the email says if they don't receive verification in like 24hrs they cancel the order. its been well more than that...but order doesn't appear to be cancelled...

i can't tell wtf is going on.
I second @arb . Check with your bank to see if funds were withdrawn. When I ordered glass for my Other Son, I didn't hear anything after the initial funds were withdrawn. Both times I didn't hear anything at all, then the items showed up in perfect condition. I didn't have a complaint, or need to change an order so it wasn't a problem, but I can see in your situation you would want more feed back. Of course, not even knowing if the order went through would be aggravating . I hope it works out for you.

Alexis

PayPal is the best secure way to make purchases from any online vendor!!!
As secure as can be, but paypal are bastards IMO like all the stinking rich mega corporations. They arent out for the people one bit yet are seen as our protectors.
So I prefer not to give them my money whenever I can avoid it. I dont actually have any real fear using my debit card online in most situations.
Only ever once have I been frauded, and that was 100% my fault after I responded to a scam email from my bank. It was a timing coincidence where I mistook it for another matter and let my guard down.

£700 odd I was reimbursed by HSBC, absolutely no quibble. It was my own stupid fault but I never told them that.
So that was the worst that could have happened which is certainly preventable in future and it never cost me a penny so I'm just not generally that afraid of online fraud when using my card, especially considering I've never had a wink of it happening at any other time.

The point I am making here- using your debit card both deprives the asshole PayPal of their little steal, and gives it back to the retailer who would surely appreciate more custom this way, and ultimately may be a little better off with a slightly better deals or products.
The only nuisance to this is I just don't seem to be able to memorize my newest bank card number I had the old one lodged in there pretty good but no they have to update them don't they, just like the way the supermarkets love to constantly rearrange everything once you've learnt where it all is.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Too bad DHGate do not have PayPal and I went directly to Stevinez site as it said he had PayPal, did my shopping but could not work out how to use PayPal so I sent him a message and he replied' oh we don't have that anymore...ffs.
PayPal or banks. they are just legal scammers, it all went to shit once we stopped getting paid in cash and had to have an account to get paid.:tup:
People wonder why I never had kids.:disgust:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
:tup:
Too bad DHGate do not have PayPal and I went directly to Stevinez site as it said he had PayPal, did my shopping but could not work out how to use PayPal so I sent him a message and he replied' oh we don't have that anymore...ffs.
PayPal or banks. they are just legal scammers, it all went to shit once we stopped getting paid in cash and had to have an account to get paid.:tup:
PayPal = Tasmanian birth control.

Does this mean you ordered something good, or are you waiting until DHGate moves to a barter system?

;) :leaf: ;)

2hrs

so still hadn't heard nothing. just a bit ago sent an email to their security thing saying uh, haven't heard anything. my CC fully went through and charged...i guess I'll have to do a chargeback since I can't confirm with anyone?

...minutes later, a flood of order confirmation emails and payment is miraculously verified lol

now just trying to communicate with the one seller about accidentally getting female adapters instead of the male i wanted, but its only 5 bucks worth and really its my fault...so some improvement so far.

Hi420

Unapproved commercial account.
Most people in China would not like use PayPal since they are afraid that buyer could withdraw back.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Most people in China would not like use PayPal since they are afraid that buyer could withdraw back.
I never thought of that! Good point.
Does this mean you ordered something good, or are you waiting until DHGate moves to a barter system?
Hehe, I have ordered dozens of items off the Gate. Safer than eBay as DHGate keep your money and only release it to the seller once you are happy with your new purchase.:myday:

I just purchased an enail kit from;
https://www.dhgate.com/store/20284342
I had great service from Howard, they were out of stock of the 20mm nail I ordered but got them back in stock a couple days later and I was kept informed of this. After they got the coils they must have sent it by priority mail because I now have it only 7 days after ordering, most stuff from DHGaye takes 4-5 weeks to get to Australia.:tup:

His_Highness

You were spot on! I got the response this morning from yingman5 and I was offered a replacement for the broken bowl and nothing else.

We're going to have to agree to disagree whether ordering one thing and receiving another is worth complaining about though. I was going to purchase from either the Sunshine Store or yingman5 and decided to purchase from yingman5 because they had the 10 inch version.

The reply this morning from yingman5 said his worker sent the wrong size but they are good quality and sell well and they would send me a replacement for the broken bowl. Really!? I might have accepted that logic if they mistakenly sent me something better than I ordered.

I don't think it's fair for me to receive a full order replacement AND keep the original items too but I also don't think it's fair to order one thing and get another. I replied this morning and told them I'd be happy to send the order back if they pay shipping and then they could decide to refund me or send the correct items. I also gave them the option to send me at least one of the items that is 10 inches and forget about the broken bowl.

After several back and forth messages yingman5 settled on sending me a additional bubbler instead of having me send the items back for a refund or sending me the 10 inch items once they received their original items back. In the last message I was told that they didn't have any that were 10 inches but had some that were smaller but very close. After finding out they didn't have the 10 inch versions I suggested they send me one of the original smaller items of their choice as a compromise and I'd keep the first order. Got the shipping notice this morning.

I bought the original items as gifts and it looks like I ended up gifting one to myself now. I'm happy with the customer service and the free bubbler but if I order again I'll have to remind myself I may not get "exactly" what I ordered.

kilo

First, just my experience — I've ordered maybe a half dozen times and have always gotten great service. My last bong from Stevenlmz79 was in my New England mailbox ten days after I clicked "Buy it Now".

Okay, but what I wanted to ask here is if anyone has noticed price changes which might be tied to current trade tensions between the US and China? I haven't really surfed the site in maybe a year so I might not notice price increases. Just wondering.

wildything

Yes there was a slight increase pretty recently for most glass I’ve seen but Stevens prices used to be higher a few years ago anyway so his still aren’t too bad. CCG seems to be very high now. I do like some of their new line with the mothership style percs but the price is definitely more of a deterrent for me now.
Edit- I also usually wait for CCG to run a sale if I’m interested in something

Last edited:

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
Some quick seller reviews.

dhc_glass - MFE012 - I love this thing. It's thick glass and as described. Received in about two weeks.

smokingcity - 10 Styles Glass Reclaim adapter - Not what I needed in the end but it's true to size and arrived in a few weeks.

classicglass - Glass Adaptor Stand - The base isn't solid and therefor doesn't have enough weight to hold my banger with the coil attached. Arrived in about three weeks.

volcanee - wholesale drop down - Gets my log vape away from my face while using the MFE012. Pretty well sized, some slight play on the male side. Arrived in about three weeks.

judyvape - 30mm Bubble Carb - TERRIBLE, the worst sales experience I've had with DHgate. No tracking number, item should have arrived a week ago, wont answer chat, and wont refund my purchase. Their going to make me go through the entire dispute process. AVOID

Top Bottom