• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Very neat, im not sure if ive ever combusted so i guess im not really sure what it looks like. Its always in the back of my mind tho. I hydro-vape everything so hopefully what ever does combust is filterd

From all reports I've read, you'll know if you combusted. Smoke is thicker than vapor, so that is one indicator.

The other big one is seeing an ember. If your product starts glowing, turns black and eventually into white ash, you've combusted.

I've only combusted twice with my Dynavap, when I forgot to wait for the cooldown click, but there was a significant difference in flavour and texture. You really can't miss the difference. I haven't come close with my EQ or ArGo.

I would venture that if you don't 'know' if you've combusted, you probably haven't.

You normally have to thoroughly clean EVERYTHING after you combust to get rid of the flavour.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Very neat, im not sure if ive ever combusted so i guess im not really sure what it looks like. Its always in the back of my mind tho. I hydro-vape everything so hopefully what ever does combust is filterd
You'd know what it looks like. It tastes terrible, and there'd be a mess to clean up. I've been regularly using my EQ for over a year, and never even come close to combusting. When I first got my SSV, I coughed, and ended up combusting , and it is obvious when it happens. I'd have to work at combusting with the EQ, and I haven't had it happen with my Surfers, after that one time. Arizer makes good vapes, DDave supplies great parts, and I know the product I vape. I feel safe, even with PTSD paranoia. Wouldn't vape if I didn't.

Cereal4dinner

You'd know what it looks like. It tastes terrible, and there'd be a mess to clean up. I've been regularly using my EQ for over a year, and never even come close to combusting. When I first got my SSV, I coughed, and ended up combusting , and it is obvious when it happens. I'd have to work at combusting with the EQ, and I haven't had it happen with my Surfers, after that one time. Arizer makes good vapes, DDave supplies great parts, and I know the product I vape. I feel safe, even with PTSD paranoia. Wouldn't vape if I didn't.

Oh excellent, I've had the ddave mod for a couple months now and I love it. Elbow packing is my favorite. Ur right, I've never seen to much black either like u do in conduction vapes

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So I have been using and loving my new @DDave wands, The Gentleman and The Dirty Pig. I'm loving the bend in the wands. I no longer have to think of kinks in the whip when using a waterpiece. Thank you @DDave for offering up two such awesome options.
@Madri-Gal In turn, thanks for putting them through their paces. Glad to see you enjoying them as much as I am!

(I have two additions in the works for them already, that further enhance the experience.)

It has again come time to bring the EQ's (and VTower's) of the World back to the front of the rotation!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave , can you please give us an estimate of how much weed can be packed in the 14mm and the 18mm wand?

Guess it was something like 0.025 in the 14mm, right?
Hey @TheFatBastard

When at the micro-dose level, weight is impacted by so many factors. Moisture, stem vs. other content, cannabinoids, etc... Here are some ranges that should help...

The 14mm Baskets can hold from 0.015g - .042g, approximately.
The 18mm Baskets can hold from .03g to .1g, approximately.

That is tamped down as lightly as possible. Enough to hold the herb in the basket when turned upside down.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Interesting!

What material is it made from? Does that fit the 14mm adapters? I use my 14mm wand in a similar way and one hit extractions certainly hit the spot for me. How does the experience compare between this and the 14mm V2 wand?

Thanks in advance mate.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Interesting!

What material is it made from? Does that fit the 14mm adapters? I use my 14mm wand in a similar way and one hit extractions certainly hit the spot for me. How does the experience compare between this and the 14mm V2 wand?

Thanks in advance mate.
Thanks!

G2 Medical Ti is used in the stem
316SS in the Basket screens

Almost batting 1000 in 1 hit extractions from the Ti Stem. Two hits are common with the Glass.
(Hmmmm, maybe a comparison video is needed? I'll get on it!)

Thanks,
Dave

Nikx

Hi DDave!

I'm going to be a dry herb vaporizer newbie here shortly and I've decided on the Arizer EQ and with so many good reviews and the videos showing the efficiency of your mod I'm considering getting it for my initial setup:

Arizer EQ
18mm Ultimate mod kit
18mm water pipe

Is that it for hardware I need?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hi DDave!

I'm going to be a dry herb vaporizer newbie here shortly and I've decided on the Arizer EQ and with so many good reviews and the videos showing the efficiency of your mod I'm considering getting it for my initial setup:

Arizer EQ
18mm Ultimate mod kit
18mm water pipe

Is that it for hardware I need?
Greetings @Nikx ,

That's correct. The kits come with everything needed, except a water pipe. Just be sure the water pipe you choose is either 14mm or 18mm female. ( water pipe adapters in kits are male).

Thanks
Dave

Nikx

Another question that I forgot: if I wanted to vape through water with the bag I should get a 14mm pipe right?

Thanks DDave I'm looking forward to trying out your stuff!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Another question that I forgot: if I wanted to vape through water with the bag I should get a 14mm pipe right?

Thanks DDave I'm looking forward to trying out your stuff!
The balloon glass in the kit is a 14mm male, so it will directly attach to a female 14mm water pipe. (18mm possible with an adapter).

You're really going to like the changes the new kits bring to your EQ vaping sessions!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Thanks!

G2 Medical Ti is used in the stem
316SS in the Basket screens

Almost batting 1000 in 1 hit extractions from the Ti Stem. Two hits are common with the Glass.
(Hmmmm, maybe a comparison video is needed? I'll get on it!)

Thanks,
Dave
I saw your comparison video last night, thanks very much for that. Sorry, I have another question! Were the stems cold or did they get a heat soak?

RP6

Hey all. Unfortunately I haven't had a very good experience with the ddave mod for my EQ so far. Hoping someone can shine some light. Here are my struggles:

1. Standard Basket Screens dont fit. There's a small lip on the inside of the 18mm adapters that prevents you from using standard 18mm screens. The only purpose of this seems to be to reduce airflow and force you to buy special screens (5 for $10). I think I might just try buying a Dremel to remove the lip instead.

2. Screens don't fit in bowl. The screen dont fit in the bowl at all and freely allow material to fall through. The only solution I've found is to crap 3 screens in there to jam them in place. It seems like this is just a standard 18mm to 18mm female adapter with some ill fitting screens thrown in.

3. No elbow adapter! There's only a 45 deg and a vertical adapter. Between those two the 45deg has much better airflow. Even the stock 45deg balloon adapter has better airflow than the vertical adapter. The main reason I miss the elbow is both adapters have issues with the whip folding over on itself.

Currently all I'm using from the kit is the bowl and whip :/. The original balloon adapter with the standard screens works better than the kit ones with the slightly smaller screens. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

RP6

Ok so I was able to grind the lip out of the elbow adapter so I can fit the standard screens in. It works so much better! Now I Just need to figure out a better solution for the bowl.

Cereal4dinner

Hey all. Unfortunately I haven't had a very good experience with the ddave mod for my EQ so far. Hoping someone can shine some light. Here are my struggles:

1. Standard Basket Screens dont fit. There's a small lip on the inside of the 18mm adapters that prevents you from using standard 18mm screens. The only purpose of this seems to be to reduce airflow and force you to buy special screens (5 for $10). I think I might just try buying a Dremel to remove the lip instead.

2. Screens don't fit in bowl. The screen dont fit in the bowl at all and freely allow material to fall through. The only solution I've found is to crap 3 screens in there to jam them in place. It seems like this is just a standard 18mm to 18mm female adapter with some ill fitting screens thrown in.

3. No elbow adapter! There's only a 45 deg and a vertical adapter. Between those two the 45deg has much better airflow. Even the stock 45deg balloon adapter has better airflow than the vertical adapter. The main reason I miss the elbow is both adapters have issues with the whip folding over on itself.

Currently all I'm using from the kit is the bowl and whip :/. The original balloon adapter with the standard screens works better than the kit ones with the slightly smaller screens. Any suggestions?

if you press on the bottom of the screen (pushing the mesh more to the inside of the screen) it will expand the entire screen a little bit and will fit much better. When you let the bottom droop out it falls out of the elbow. Also, DDave screens are used to fit ddave mod equipment, if you try to use the wand screens with the stock elbow screen, it wont fit. If you want to continue using the stock elbow u need stock screens.

I recommend ordering the whip from storz and bickels, by far the best whip Ive ever used, doesn't kink or have lint stick to it.

Id also like to add the stock setup for arizer eq sucks, the DDave mod turns it into the best budget vape money can buy.

Last edited:

mozza5595

Just got my updated kit..been using Ddaves 4ish years. Love the improvements from V1/2 I've been using. The bent wands were exactly what was needed and looking forward to giving V3 flavour session a go. Thanks again Dave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
New Mod Advisory!

Take extractions to the next level and lose the need to stir!

Caped-Basket-Screen-with-Words.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just got my updated kit..been using Ddaves 4ish years. Love the improvements from V1/2 I've been using. The bent wands were exactly what was needed and looking forward to giving V3 flavour session a go. Thanks again Dave
Greetings @mozza5595

If the angled wands were exactly what the mod kits needed, then the new screens are exactly what the angled wands themselves needed. But why take my word for it? Let me send you a set and then you can tell me what you think?

Please PM me your most recent order number and I'll extract shipping info and get a set sent your way ASAP!

I've been rocking a set for around a month now, and it's been the same timeframe since the last time I had to stir herbs.

Thanks
Dave

Top Bottom