DDave Mod, New DDave Mini Mod & Kit for Arizer EQ/VTower Vapes

Altreac

Newb Vaper
I suppose I should finish my thought... While waiting for my mod kit, I've been experimenting with my EQ.

I've been messing with pre heating. And various temperature settings, different packing techniques. I'm not getting the overall effects I'm looking for still.

I grabbed a small water piece, a 10mm to 14mm rubber grommet, so I can use the balloon mouthpiece into the water piece. That's nice, but I want the microdosing capabilities I've heard of in this thread.

I'm about half way through this thread now, and I've learned a bunch. Unfortunately a lot of the old pics posted don't miss anymore, so some of what I'm reading is out of context.

But this is all very interesting.

So far, I've got over an ounce of vaporized bud.
I'm trying, right now, to make muffins with the ABV. Making a dozen muffins with 16 grams of ABV. We'll see how this comes out.

I can't wait to get my mod kit, but it's going to be a while... Again... Damn Canada Post.

Still learning a lot from this thread, and an super excited to get my mod kit.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I suppose I should finish my thought... While waiting for my mod kit, I've been experimenting with my EQ.

I've been messing with pre heating. And various temperature settings, different packing techniques. I'm not getting the overall effects I'm looking for still.

I grabbed a small water piece, a 10mm to 14mm rubber grommet, so I can use the balloon mouthpiece into the water piece. That's nice, but I want the microdosing capabilities I've heard of in this thread.

I'm about half way through this thread now, and I've learned a bunch. Unfortunately a lot of the old pics posted don't miss anymore, so some of what I'm reading is out of context.

But this is all very interesting.

So far, I've got over an ounce of vaporized bud.
I'm trying, right now, to make muffins with the ABV. Making a dozen muffins with 16 grams of ABV. We'll see how this comes out.

I can't wait to get my mod kit, but it's going to be a while... Again... Damn Canada Post.

Still learning a lot from this thread, and an super excited to get my mod kit.
I'm thrilled for you, for being here, for the Arizer EQ, and the @DDave kit. Super frustrated for you for the mail situation. Be strong, and vape on.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: DDave

Altreac

Newb Vaper
So, I know this is Fuck Combustion. I know I'm working on it.
I'd managed to go for about a week without intentionally combusting any cannabis, accidental didn't count. My best friends came out to chill this weekend, and I ended up doing a few shotties with them.

Even after a week, I can't believe the difference in taste. It hurts to do a shottie now. And it tastes like s**t now.

So I'm pretty sure I'm a vaping convert, especially considering the savings.
Now I just need my mod kit for my EQ.

My buddy is my best friend and we've been doing shotties together for ages, and that's why I did some with him. But I want to try convert him to vaping as well.

I'll keep you all posted, but I doubt I get my Ddave mod kit before the new year.

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Finally made it all the way through this thread.

I've definitely learned a lot and am even more excited about getting this kit.

Lots of great tips in here. Maybe a little disjointed, where pictures are not loading, being up to several years old, but I think I got the idea of what to expect.

I suppose at this point, I'll go back to lurking about, exploring more of this forum.

Maybe I'll try to read through the EQ main thread, but that's quite long.
We'll see.

Anyone got any suggested threads that I 'should' look at?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
The EQ main thread is worth it, if you have the time. Just a bit a day does it. You will learn so much. I found it daunting at first, but when I was done I wanted another long thread. Other than that, start exploring the site and you will find something that appeals. I'm looking forward to your comments and insight, so don't feel you need to lurk any longer. You wouldn't believe what some people say, and they say it. I encourage you to do the same.

Last edited:

Altreac

Newb Vaper
The EQ main thread is worth it, if you have the time. Just a bit a day does it. You will learn so much. I found it daunting at first, but when I was done I wanted another long thread. Other than that, start exploring the site and you will find something that appeals. I'm looking forward to your comments and insight, so don't feel you need to lurk any longer. You wouldn't believe what some people say, and they say it. I encourage you to do the same.

Ok. I've started reading the main EQ page. Page 9 so far, it'll take me a bit. So far it's interesting though. The thread starts off with the release of the EQ, upgrading from the Extreme. I'll get to follow 8 years of experiences in a small relative amount of time.

I can mention my ABV muffins. They turned out... Ok. Effective, but not the greatest muffins I've ever eaten.

We used premade bran muffin mix, where you just add water and an egg. Swapped half the water requirement for milk, so there was some extra fat in there and added an extra egg, like the internet recommends to help with the ABV texture. Baked on a lower temp for longer. They didn't rise as well as they could have, but otherwise they came out ok.

They tasted like bran and hash. With a bit of a course texture to them.

So.... The night that we made them, I had friends over... Same friends I mentioned I did a few shotties with in a previous post. Anyways... We had vaped a bunch, I smoked some, and we were drinking...

I'm not a lightweight by any stretch... So in my cannabis/alcohol induced state, I figured I could handle 2 muffins...

Oh boy. I ended up puking and passing out. Not my best performance. But obviously, the muffins were effective.

The next morning, clear headed and recovered, I figured I'd try 1 muffin, without my morning intake nor any alcohol, to give the muffin a fair evaluation.

Needless to say, they have a noticable effect. There was 16 grams of ABV used in 12 muffins, so roughly 1.3g ABV each.

I'm very pleased with the result. I can work on the taste factor, but the fact that I have successfully made effective edibles already, recycling the vaped bud... Makes me very happy. That raises the economic savings factor even more.

I still kinda don't want to clog up the DDave mod thread with non DDave related items, but if y'all don't mind... I'm not shy. But I did mention the muffins earlier.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Ok. I've started reading the main EQ page. Page 9 so far, it'll take me a bit. So far it's interesting though. The thread starts off with the release of the EQ, upgrading from the Extreme. I'll get to follow 8 years of experiences in a small relative amount of time.

I can mention my ABV muffins. They turned out... Ok. Effective, but not the greatest muffins I've ever eaten.

We used premade bran muffin mix, where you just add water and an egg. Swapped half the water requirement for milk, so there was some extra fat in there and added an extra egg, like the internet recommends to help with the ABV texture. Baked on a lower temp for longer. They didn't rise as well as they could have, but otherwise they came out ok.

They tasted like bran and hash. With a bit of a course texture to them.

So.... The night that we made them, I had friends over... Same friends I mentioned I did a few shotties with in a previous post. Anyways... We had vaped a bunch, I smoked some, and we were drinking...

I'm not a lightweight by any stretch... So in my cannabis/alcohol induced state, I figured I could handle 2 muffins...

Oh boy. I ended up puking and passing out. Not my best performance. But obviously, the muffins were effective.

The next morning, clear headed and recovered, I figured I'd try 1 muffin, without my morning intake nor any alcohol, to give the muffin a fair evaluation.

Needless to say, they have a noticable effect. There was 16 grams of ABV used in 12 muffins, so roughly 1.3g ABV each.

I'm very pleased with the result. I can work on the taste factor, but the fact that I have successfully made effective edibles already, recycling the vaped bud... Makes me very happy. That raises the economic savings factor even more.

I still kinda don't want to clog up the DDave mod thread with non DDave related items, but if y'all don't mind... I'm not shy. But I did mention the muffins earlier.
Willing to bet @DDave loves muffins. He might even be planning a Muffin Mod. @DDave always seems to be on top of things.
Great news on the muffins. You might want to be aware baking lower and longer will make things dryer and tougher.
Good for you, starting the EQ thread. After awhile you get to see a great deal about FC, various members, history and attitudes of vaping, etc. I started to think of it like reading a book, and at the length it is, it sort of is close to a book. Particularly exciting, I found, was people sharing tips and tricks leading up to mods, and more mods, and improved mods.
Have you tried washing your ABV yet, or is that something happy in your future?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Willing to bet @DDave loves muffins. He might even be planning a Muffin Mod. @DDave always seems to be on top of things.
Great news on the muffins. You might want to be aware baking lower and longer will make things dryer and tougher.
Good for you, starting the EQ thread. After awhile you get to see a great deal about FC, various members, history and attitudes of vaping, etc. I started to think of it like reading a book, and at the length it is, it sort of is close to a book. Particularly exciting, I found, was people sharing tips and tricks leading up to mods, and more mods, and improved mods.
@Madri-Gal Wait! You wanted Muffins?????

What am I gonna do with all these Cookies????
image2-3.jpg

Altreac

Newb Vaper

That thread is most certainly like a book... With 11351 more entries lol. I can do it. I'm excited, because where I'm at now, someone is talking about lowering the cyclone bowl to be closer to the heater, then discarding it as a bad idea...

Washing ABV? I haven't gotten in deep enough to have heard of that yet... Please elaborate?

As for baking at lower temps for longer... There's 2 schools of thought on the matter far as I can tell; low and slow vs hot and fast. Some think that hot and fast vaporize more available remaining compounds from the ABV. Others say that hot and fast mean the center never reaches as high a temperature, so less THC is vaporized overall. Thoughts?

I can definitely see how low and slow could make things drier for sure, but we were monitoring fairly closely and pulled them from the oven when they were literally 'just' done. A couple in the center may have even been a touch wet still. But the exterior of the pan were all just barely cooked. So these ones weren't dry, just 'coarse'.

You'll probably eventually learn that when I'm into something, I really get into it. Being Canadian, and having just gone through legalization, this Christmas I decided to go all in on the cannabis theme. I've always tried to keep things low key, but now that it's legal...

I'm 3 Vapes in already. EQ, ArGo and a Dynavap. And I'm feeling the VAS. Cause I can flaunt it now with impunity.

I've already ordered the full V3 DDave kit, which from as far as I can tell is basically a whole new vape in terms of functionality. And I keep looking at what else is out there.

I've got a Sneaky Pete C-150 globe and the 3 in 1 ArGo water pipe adapter stuck with Canada Post on top of my DDave kit.

I know I can get more out of my EQ. I'm loving vaping so far. Lower consumption rate, recyclable ABV, less odours in the house, marked improvement in my lungs... Everything is going amazingly so far. Old habits are hard to break, but I'm doing it... And enjoying the transition.

I'm trying to hold out on acquiring more stuff until I get my DDave kit, as it seems like it could really fill in the gaps for me.

But so far, this experience of converting from smoking to vaping has been extremely enjoyable. I definitely appreciate the support so far. Just being able to talk to people about things is helpful. So thank you folks for helping me convert.

(Yet another Dave)

Altreac

Newb Vaper
This Canada Post situation is awful! They need to be :whip:into shape!!!!

:cheers:

Totally not going to lie. I'm entirely jealous of all the DDave success stories out there. And I fully know @DDave that it's got NOTHING to do with you in any way. Believe me, it's been a horrible catastrophy across Canada with this BS.

It goes way beyond me waiting for your parts. That's a mere nusciance. I know I'll get them eventually. It's not like I have absolutely nothing without the mods.

But there's situations like this; employers waiting for cheques in the mail to pay their employees. Having to use credit to make payroll until their international cheques are processed.

And it's Christmas time... All the parcels in the mail that aren't going to be delivered on time for the holidays.

It's truly a terrible situation. And on top of everything, now that Canada Post has been legislated back to work, they are going to file for infringement of human rights as a countersuit to the back to work action.

So this whole ordeal isn't close to over.

On the plus side, my tracking for my package from West coast Canada hasn't been 'additionally' delayed for the last 2 days, so maybe they're making progress on some of the backlog?

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Progress! My tracking on the DDave mod has finally updated!
It's got an expected delivery date now.

That doesn't mean it'll be here on that date, but Canada Post has processed the package!

Expected 18 Dec pending no further delays.

Fingers are crossed!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Totally not going to lie. I'm entirely jealous of all the DDave success stories out there. And I fully know @DDave that it's got NOTHING to do with you in any way. Believe me, it's been a horrible catastrophy across Canada with this BS.

It goes way beyond me waiting for your parts. That's a mere nusciance. I know I'll get them eventually. It's not like I have absolutely nothing without the mods.

But there's situations like this; employers waiting for cheques in the mail to pay their employees. Having to use credit to make payroll until their international cheques are processed.

And it's Christmas time... All the parcels in the mail that aren't going to be delivered on time for the holidays.

It's truly a terrible situation. And on top of everything, now that Canada Post has been legislated back to work, they are going to file for infringement of human rights as a countersuit to the back to work action.

So this whole ordeal isn't close to over.

On the plus side, my tracking for my package from West coast Canada hasn't been 'additionally' delayed for the last 2 days, so maybe they're making progress on some of the backlog?
It does sound dreadful about the mail. I wasn't at all wanting you to feel bad. Thoughtless of me. So sorry.
I had my Arizer EQ for over a month before I got my @DDave kit, and I am very happy I had that time to get to know the EQ, stock. I had a lot of fun, and really didn't know I was missing anything.
@Madri-Gal Wait! You wanted Muffins?????

What am I gonna do with all these Cookies????
image2-3.jpg
@DDave, you should know I never turn down cookies. This especially goes for Girl Scout Cookies - @ataxian 's favorite -, and your Special Cookies. Look! They are all perfectly made to spec, so you can get them out in time!

Altreac

Newb Vaper
No, no, I was more commenting on having read so many times in this thread where people got their packages super fast. Nothing you said @Madri-Gal. I'm not upset (being a little jealous isn't the worst thing in the world, lol). No need to apologize!

I'm sure things would have been to me already if it wasn't for the post issues.

Unfortunately, I think I'm looking for what the mod upgrade offers to get where I want to be with the EQ. I'm loving vaping, but my EQ needs the upgrade.

I've played with the unit a bunch. We've made 32 grams of ABV total in about 2.5 weeks or so. I tend to start half to 2/3s full cyclone bowls at 195C and work up to 220C. I've mostly been using it for balloons. Fill up a balloon, then pass that back and forth with the wife. (For comparison, we were burning about 17.5g every 3 days, now the same 17.5g is lasting over a week. It's amazing in that respect.)

We picked up a cheap, little, glass bong locally, that's got a perc in it. It's a 14mm female joint. I've got rubber grommets from doing shotties that reduce it to 10mm. So we've been dropping the balloon mouthpiece into the grommet on the bong and running balloons through water. It lets me take massive rips.

The ABV is coming out pretty well spent. I can take pics if you're interested, but I'm confident it's extracted.

I can't wait to play with this mod.
I really wanna get to 1 or 2 hit extractions on the EQ.
I also might be getting my hands on some shatter this weekend, so the concentration chamber is of interest as well. I don't have a dab rig, so that would let me play with concentrates a bit too.

I'm the type of person, that when I make a decision, I want everything 'now'.
I want everything now, I just have to learn to be patient.

I definitely have to say though, this is a great time in Canada for me. The fact that I can now do all of this legally still has me in awe.

In the past...I would NEVER have participated in this group. Not even signed up. I might have lurked as a guest, but I would not have linked my email to this topic... No way.

So I very much appreciate being here, this is all very new for me.
I've been smoking pot for 20 years, but you all know... Having to look over your shoulder all the time... Now.... Free to do what I enjoy and even if my employer was to stumble across me here... Whatever, I'm allowed!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I'm the type of person, that when I make a decision, I want everything 'now'.
I want everything now, I just have to learn to be patient.
Hey friend, maybe if you gave them a jingle? 1-(416) 979-3033 Canada Post. I did but all they would tell me is the hub that serves Los Angeles incoming packages is impacted by the strike. I asked other questions, but they seemed to be annoyed to have to talk to someone from the USA. Maybe you'd have more clout being the named recipient on a package?

I think you can also fill out an online form to create a service ticket and report a problem.

Don't know if it will help move things along, but doubt it could hurt...

EDIT: Forgot to say, like you "I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!!!" :rant:

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Don't know if it will help move things along, but doubt it could hurt...
(^^just figured out how to do that^^)

True enough. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll give them a shout.

The item was processed in Richmond, BC at 346 AM. That's about 4500 km or 2800 miles from me.

Incidentally... My other shipment I talked about is also in the Richmond facility right now. Both packages say 18 Dec.

I'll update as to status when I know more.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
(^^just figured out how to do that^^)

True enough. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll give them a shout.

The item was processed in Richmond, BC at 346 AM. That's about 4500 km or 2800 miles from me.

Incidentally... My other shipment I talked about is also in the Richmond facility right now. Both packages say 18 Dec.

I'll update as to status when I know more.
Just received a report from another DDave Mod recipient who's package is late in arriving. He called Canada Post at the number I provided and was given a lot more information by the agent than I was. Looks like a good action to take to really find out what's going on.

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Still haven't gotten around to calling yet, was planning on doing that at lunch.
The tracking updated again this morning, and now the mod kit is in Mississauga, Ontario. Under 200 km from me.

Where I live is a tertiary postal hub, so it's gotta go from Mississauga to Belleville, Ontario, then to me.

My hope is that it gets to Belleville today or tomorrow, and to me on Monday.

I'm still call on my lunch break though.

Altreac

Newb Vaper
I can't for the life of me figure out how to break out of that automated phone system to speak to a person.

All the automated prompts make me enter tracking numbers and don't give me any other information than what I can see already. Nothing on the Mod kit because it's international, and only the info available in the app for my domestic package.

I followed a couple of their service menus, but couldn't get a person.

Any tips? I can try again after work.

I even mashed 0 a bunch after following the menus, but it just hung up on me.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I can't for the life of me figure out how to break out of that automated phone system to speak to a person.

All the automated prompts make me enter tracking numbers and don't give me any other information than what I can see already. Nothing on the Mod kit because it's international, and only the info available in the app for my domestic package.

I followed a couple of their service menus, but couldn't get a person.

Any tips? I can try again after work.

I even mashed 0 a bunch after following the menus, but it just hung up on me.
Didn't have any issues routing the phone call options, but didn't record what I'd chosen.

On the bright side, two who have been waiting 3 weeks for their kits have reported successful deliveries today!!!! :clap:

Altreac

Newb Vaper
On the bright side, two who have been waiting 3 weeks for their kits have reported successful deliveries today!!!! :clap:

That's fantastic. I'm sure I'm close to getting mine. Now that it's actually moving, I think it should be good.

Definitely getting better with the EQ in the meantime. The wife is somewhat resistant to change, or that's how it feels like. Which is kinda weird somehow, considering she decided she wanted the EQ one day almost randomly.

After she said she wanted an EQ, I did a bunch of research and agreed that it would be a good idea.

But since, she's mostly been interested in balloons. Especially through a water piece.

I've been coaxing her to try the elbow pack/whip method for a bit now. The last 2 days she's let me put on elbow loads in a couple configurations.

We can GonG with that grommet I mentioned before and the cheap water piece we have right now. Or straight whip off the EQ.

I've re-visited the elbow pack on the whip, with a percolation period and have had better results than my initial experience. (Only been able to play a bit more now with the wife on board. She's unemployed currently, so always home. I don't get a lot of time to experiment on my own time, without the expectation to perform.)

I've been running elbow packs from 200-230 today and getting awesome results.

I've been having major issues at the same time though. The cyclone bowl is killing me. It's not so bad for balloons, where it's half to three quarters full. Using the fan, even on speed 3, it sits nicely and the bags get filled. But when I'm elbow packing, even a moderate draw makes the screen flutter around. That drops herb on my heater, which is a pain.

Then when trying to empty the cyclone bowls, the screen flips around when I flip the it upside down. So stuff comes out both ends when I clear it. It's annoying as f**k.

I'm figuring out how to get good hits off the whip (it's all really recorded on this forum... I'm just catching up), despite resistance from the wife, but I can't wait for upgraded kit.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My DDave mod kit was in my mailbox when I got home for lunch!

Didn't have much time to experiment yet, but very excited!
You know, each time I hear of a successful Canada package arrival during this strike time, I have to celebrate!

Since kits are being reported received from all over Canada, DDave is looking much like this lately.... :mmmm:

And then later.... :buzz:

Altreac

Newb Vaper
Been playing since Monday. I haven't even come close to using all the possible configuration.

I've got both wands set up with 14mm GonG adapters, which I've also been using as mouthpieces. I really do love the straight wands.

I've been enjoying the original DDave mod, the 18 to 18 F/F short for wand packs. We've been using the 18/18 F/F Tall for ballons with the Arizer glass mini whip and we've tried the 18/14 F/F short. Haven't tried the 18/14 tall yet...haven't worked myself up to put the screen in that one.

So far so good for sure. I'm getting much better extraction on the wand packs than I was getting with elbow packs on the cyclone, and I can get a couple nice big rips off a fresh wand. Definitely more to what I've been looking for for sure. Follow all the preheat directions and percolate the bud a bit and WHAM! Run that through a bong, and I've been having a great time of it.

Done work for the holidays now. I started my morning off with 2 wands @ 220C back to back...and I'm good.

Very pleased with these results.

Top Bottom