DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

SixStringToker

Naked member
Again, great job. I’ve watched a few videos. Did you just buy a cheap variable voltage power supply or did you invest in something more substantial?
I picked up a cheap 120V 3A power supply from Amazon; it feels like a toy, but it works. I just wanted to see if it was even going to be worth my time to play around with. I didn't even etch the parts AND I used tap water for the baths instead of distilled! :lol:

Now I have tons of ideas popping into my head! Once my friends find out that I can anodize titanium, I'm going to be in trouble!

Cannabis-Hardware-Ed

Seeking Higher Ground
Manufacturer
hello @LAWTHEONE there are many dcups in action but the tbucket runs cooler and is better imo. If you held both heated at the same time from the 14mm post the ducp will be hot while the tbucket will only be warm. This results in a lower temp less harsh dab. These devices can be left powered up for extended periods. Some of our customers never turn them off. The tsunami is an all in one that uses the tbucket system. All of these bangers use either sic or sapphire dishes. The sapphire does produce better flavor but requires more delicate handling. The sic is what most dab bars and festivals use. hope this helps. if you'd like to continue the conversation i'd prefer to shift over to the tbucket feed.

Nina

Just wondering anyone in the UK ordered one of these from Cannabis Hardware in the USA, I'm keen to get one but Vapefiend have told me they wont be restocking it😥 (or the T-bucket) I'm worried about customs issues and import taxes and dont want to find out the hard way😣

Nina,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Just wondering anyone in the UK ordered one of these from Cannabis Hardware in the USA, I'm keen to get one but Vapefiend have told me they wont be restocking it😥 (or the T-bucket) I'm worried about customs issues and import taxes and dont want to find out the hard way😣
Bit late but.....
I received my sapphire dish from Ch few weeks back and I had to pay charges. But I didn't with my BCG from Canada.
Best to assume/factor in custom charges. If you don't get charged happy days.
It's a real shame VF no longer stocking. Some French suppliers have the vrod and weed eater available but I've not seen the dcup etc but if you are UK based you will get hit by charges also.
Good luck....

Chicken No Name,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Could be. But I'm sure they could do something wrt the name. Like 'CH, formerly known as Newvape'.

I wonder if they didn't sell much to the UK market. I bought my dcup when they reduced the price first time round. They then reduced the price further and it was several weeks before they sold out. I expected them to be gone over night.....

Real shame that the UK is no longer seen as a market for big players, or has made it too difficult to trade with since Brexit.

Same with tinymight. Just EU suppliers with the inevitable import costs...

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: WelshBrok

thevapist

Saw a discount on the Dcup assembly. Is this going to be discontinued? Does anyone know if there is a new concentrate device coming out?

thevapist,

Vaporware

Saw a discount on the Dcup assembly. Is this going to be discontinued? Does anyone know if there is a new concentrate device coming out?

Yes it is being discontinued. I got an e-mail about the discount and discontinuation. I believe the T-Bucket will still be available though, along with the Tsunami, etc. I think the products were probably too similar so they decided to drop the less popular one.

If the DCup looks better to you, this is probably the time to pick one up if you can!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
If you can, I recommend the sapphire dish. For ME it is so much better. I know some others did not find much improvement but for me night and day.....

It's like glass Vs titanium on the fp. I didn't believe until I tried and I now have 3 glass bowls and the titanium is in its box for the inevitable zombie apocalypse (anyone run the fp on 12v solar???? 😉).

Anyway, good buy. I love my dcup.....

someTooL

My DCup arrived yesterday. Same as others, impressive build quality. Real solid and tbh I feel safer with it then my coil/banger setup. I was skeptical about the sapphire but went for it anyway, Glad I did. Best tasting dabs I’ve had.

I started at 475 on the auber. Wispy but tasty. Played around till I was starting at 525 and ramping to 550 with nice results. 550 might be a little too much as the hits got noticeably warmer.

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Pretty dead in here it seems. Has anyone gone back from the sapphire dish to the SiC?

Thick Vape,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
Nope. Sic packed away. Not sure why I would :D .....
Maybe it would be the better/maybe easier to clean surface for higher temp dabs as sapphire is fantastic for lower temp dabs and best taste transfer.

Edit: Or does it heat up faster at the initial start than the sapphire

Thick Vape,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Maybe it would be the better/maybe easier to clean surface for higher temp dabs as sapphire is fantastic for lower temp dabs and best taste transfer.

Edit: Or does it heat up faster at the initial start
Don't know. I only go for lower temps. I have pid set to 515f. If I go much higher I find it is less tasty and harsher.

Chicken No Name,
Reactions: Thick Vape

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
HDon't know. I only go for lower temps. I have pid set to 515f. If I go much higher I find it is less tasty and harsher.

That’s close to what I run my temperatures at. The DCup titanium cup holder absorbs and loses approximately 65f, so with a -65f programmed into the PID, my sapphire dish surface temperature would be 450f at your 515f unadjusted PID. My surface range is 460-470f. I find that for every type of dab material I still have to dial in the temp, but the BIGGEST factor in a 30mm cup, is the SIZE of dab material.

Lately, I’ve been trying to do smaller and smaller dabs, save lungs and material. But as great as the DCup/Sapphire combo is, it’s LARGE surface area, great for those that can handle BIG dabs, is NOT ideal with small dabs. I found I have to lower the temperature, and cap quickly. If I want to micro dose I could use the smaller SIC cup on a DT V4 setup.

MikeRotchHertz

That’s close to what I run my temperatures at. The DCup titanium cup holder absorbs and loses approximately 65f, so with a -65f programmed into the PID, my sapphire dish surface temperature would be 450f at your 515f unadjusted PID. My surface range is 460-470f. I find that for every type of dab material I still have to dial in the temp, but the BIGGEST factor in a 30mm cup, is the SIZE of dab material.

Lately, I’ve been trying to do smaller and smaller dabs, save lungs and material. But as great as the DCup/Sapphire combo is, it’s LARGE surface area, great for those that can handle BIG dabs, is NOT ideal with small dabs. I found I have to lower the temperature, and cap quickly. If I want to micro dose I could use the smaller SIC cup on a DT V4 setup.
For Sic my terpometer is reading around 460F with my PID set to 555. Looks like I won’t have to adjust it when I switch to sapphire

MikeRotchHertz,
Reactions: Thick Vape

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
If I go higher I find it is less tasty and harsher.
I experienced the same on other surfaces/setups, but seldom need the effects of a little hotter and less tasty dab it seems.

Thanks alot. I am not into large dabs normally and I do not plan to change that in the future.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
DCupping, at 490, on some home pressed rosin…in the kitchen.
55-AFD67-E-8711-41-B7-A4-E1-AC8-BC1-C02408.jpg

Top Bottom