• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

Herkua

Is the DCup worth the extra cost over say a 710 coil+deep banger, Already having a vrod I can say I'm not the biggest fan of the SiC Dish dabs compared to Quartz bangers, is the sapphire insert worth the money?

Herkua,

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Is the DCup worth the extra cost over say a 710 coil+deep banger, Already having a vrod I can say I'm not the biggest fan of the SiC Dish dabs compared to Quartz bangers, is the sapphire insert worth the money?
I like the robustness of the DCup. I also like that it protects your expensive dish. I get the quartz argument. I’d have 4 quartz dishes for everything if I could.

I wasn’t a big fan of the VRod SiC dish. I often used a 25mm quartz dish in its place. The VRod SiC seems rough. My DCup SiC dish has a smoother appearance. I’ve been really enjoying it. Which has me wondering...sapphire? I know I’ll love it. Is it worth it?

Dingleb3rry

Am I strange for questioning why the dcup kit comes with no handle or safety post/stand?

Kinda odd since the dcup is used just like the flowerpot: stays on stand, hot, and the heat is only transferred and applied to the glass when in use. Obviously the Handle isn’t actually essential (even if you’re touching it all the time), but I would think that a stand and heat post would be pretty necessary, like the vrod kits. From what I understand the dcup 14m glass adaptor sits inside the universal heat post, but I still need a place to rest a hot dcup. My stand and post currently hold my vrod, but the big stand should be able to accommodate another heat post if I’m not mistaken.

Does the tbucket glass adaptor also slot into the heat stand? I realize the tbucket doesn’t need a stand— the stand is the rig itself — but occasionally I’ll change or clean my rig randomly mid session or whatever, so it would be useful to have a “parking spot” for either device.

I’m still incredibly torn on the two systems. I know I’ll enjoy either one, but I’m definitely waffling back and forth between them. The dcup seems like the more logical choice: safer for the glass (heat) and possibly less chance for tipping over.

.... But the idea of a “ready to go” tbucket station, I.e, not having to apply the heat by moving the hot device back and forth back and forth a million times just sounds like a better experience for me. Sit down and dab. Decisions decisions.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
Am I strange for questioning why the dcup kit comes with no handle or safety post/stand?
not sure but I do like having a handle on mine. It’s functional and it also gives it an upscale finished look. I’m probably going to bite the bullet and grab a TB and plan on just switching coils between the DC and TB. I don’t see my self using both at the same time but don’t quote me on that.

From what I understand the dcup 14m glass adaptor sits inside the universal heat post,
18 mm works too it’s just a bit more wobbly. Picture below is 14mm followed by 18mm.
2CD7D174-1137-40C6-AEDC-796320EB970D.jpeg
85A87D4F-AC5F-410D-960D-C2D83E0474DF.jpeg
Does the tbucket glass adaptor also slot into the heat stand?
I have been told that it sits in on the heat post very nicely. They use the same adapters. I will more than likely store my TB on the stand as opposed to on the rig. Just FYI I’m still loving my DCup. This device checks all the boxes for me. Wanting a TB is purely my excessive nature. Good luck with the internal struggle.

Dingleb3rry

Awesome pics man, thanks, fox!! The cup looks amazing and likely the direction I’ll go as well, it makes the most sense, even though I want the TB for whatever reason.

I know with moderate certainty dcup won’t make my rig tip over, there’s pics of the dcup looking very sturdy on a fumed leisure incycler about halfway through the pages. Meanwhile there’s a member selling the same piece in classifieds today because the Tbucket wasn’t working with his incycler. I asked him to elaborate a bit, but considering I could barely put the vrod onto this piece without a step down, to get closer to center... I’m guessing it can’t support the tbucket without one.

Honestly, at this point, I’ll probably bring the fuckin rig up to NV and decide that way. I want to pick up a few odds and ends anyway, so it’ll be a great excuse to see everything in the flesh if I don’t get too carried away...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I own a DCup, other then the ability to adapt to angled glass rigs, I don’t see any real advantage to a TCup. Any perceived difference in the tiny added length of the longer TCup tube would be insignificant when going through water in my opinion. If you are worried about your glass joint getting warm/hot use a PTFE sleeve on the metal DCup 14/18mm post, though I don’t even consider this an issue myself with all my glass rigs.

If you use angled glass rigs, get a TCup, otherwise I prefer the DCup, shorter, safety lid to keep my $150 NV sapphire dish from dropping out when moving the cup around, and yes, it does happen. Easy to take apart and clean.

Dingleb3rry

Get out of here with your logic, you’re totally right. Plus with quarantine/wfh not slowing down anytime soon, I know (just like my vrod) it’s likely to stay on for longggg periods of time... keeping the hot cup off my glass is probably my better bet. but as you say, the heat transfer during actual use is hardly an issue. Black Friday is how far away?

RustyOldNail

Get out of here with your logic, you’re totally right. Plus with quarantine/wfh not slowing down anytime soon, I know (just like my vrod) it’s likely to stay on for longggg periods of time... keeping the hot cup off my glass is probably my better bet. but as you say, the heat transfer during actual use is hardly an issue. Black Friday is how far away?

With a PTFE sleeve on my 14mm metal DCup post, I’ve left mine on my glass rigs for over 6 hours. Even without the sleeve good glass should not have any heat transfer issues. I use the sleeve more as it makes a nice tight fit and the titanium post can’t scratch the female glass joint not for perceived heat problems that I’ve never heard any real life claims of????

Rab42

Ive been doing the same internal debate over dcup vs tbucket currently leaning towards the dcup for the smaller form factor, and keeping my cup locked in place is a nice plus as well. too many times ive been overly medicated and dumped hot sic balls on to the carpet dont want to imagine a scolding hot sic plate in my lap.

Last edited:

MikeRotchHertz

Well you hyenas (kidding, kinda) cleaned NV clear out of the dcup. Not a one left! What to do?

So I’m the proud new future tbucket owner. And a sapphire dish. And an auber stand...
I bought the used dcup V1 that was for sale last night and glad i did because dcup was sold out this morning at 7.

Looks like there is a possibility they won't be making them any longer. I'm not sure i would like the larger tbucket yet so want to give dcup a try first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NewVapeFlowerPot/comments/k0erdm
Sounds like you are going to have a great time with your new purchase. Now is the time to get the sapphire dish.

Rab42

ordered a dcup and sapphire dish last week still waiting on that, but figured I couldnt pass up the 20% off on the tbucket too so ill have both eventually.

grabbed one of these quartz inserts from dankstop quartz insert. from the one review on it seems like it will fit the dcup/tbucket no problem.

Dingleb3rry

I am sooo psyched. I am a little nervous on the size of the tbucket, the leisure incycler rig is SMOL, but I’ll make it work and will of course share the setup once I get it figured out.

I know it’s a great/easy/durable material but I’m not a fan of the sic dish. I tried a basic quartz banger and I couldn’t believe the difference. Quartz and crystals from here on out lol. Now I just need to figure out which size terp balls I need and where to get em.

Dingleb3rry,
Reactions: Rab42

Rab42

same here not feeling the sic buckets at all. I picked up some 6mm quartz terppearls for my 20 mm banger im using in the mean time and they make a huge difference compared to the 3mm sic pearls I was using I am thinking I will pick up the two pack of 6mm ruby pearls from vgoodiez

Rab42,

RustyOldNail

ordered a dcup and sapphire dish last week still waiting on that, but figured I couldnt pass up the 20% off on the tbucket too so ill have both eventually.

grabbed one of these quartz inserts from dankstop quartz insert. from the one review on it seems like it will fit the dcup/tbucket no problem.

Be careful using any inserts that don’t fit properly in either cup, as oil splatter will easily go up and over the sides and quickly gunk up your cup. Heating may be slightly effected as well. I enjoy my 30mm sapphire dish, but treat it carefully, as it’s main weakness is THERMAL SHOCK....

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Rab42

Rab42

Thanks for the heads up I planned on comparing the two before doing any real dabbing . Have you had any misfortunes with broken sapphire dishes, I plan on treating it like it was my child .

Rab42,

Dingleb3rry

I'm also a little nervous about the sapphire dish. I can tell you from the sapphire on my 10 year old watch face, they're strong as fuck. It will be very very hard to scratch or chip or break physically, as @RustyOldNail points out, it's thermal shock that is the concern.

I could (probably) absolutely be wrong, but since our PID are super stable, and much less shocking than any flame I'd imagine, I think as long as you keep ice and cool liquids away from your hot dish, should be no problem whatsoever?

I know I've read about broken dishes, possibly twice even, so I'm hoping someone can chime in a bit.

Otherwise, I'll be sure to share what happens if I make an oopsie! LOL

Dingleb3rry,

Rab42

my dcup should be arriving today
happy jonah hill GIF

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
@The Stray Fox, I'm just experimenting at the moment. I wanted to see what it'd look like with gold on the outside and a light blue on the inside. That photo was an in-between shot; I was curious to see what it'd look like assembled at that point. Here's the final:

View attachment 4387
Wow! It’s such a classy finished look. Will the coils heat change the color when anodization has been applied with electrical current?

Last edited:

SixStringToker

Naked member
Will the coils heat will change the color when anodization has been applied with electrical current?
I don't believe that it will, but we shall see. The parts had heat anodization on them that got covered up at a pretty low voltage. I think the current oxidation is thick enough that it'd take a LOT of heat to build it up thicker, but this is literally the first thing that I've anodized, so I'm not really sure.

Top Bottom