DCup Desktop Vaporizer by NewVape

fatbiker

Which dish is your favorite and why? I’m strongly considering a DCup and curious about which dish to buy.

fatbiker,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Which dish is your favorite and why? I’m strongly considering a DCup and curious about which dish to buy.

SiC if you're on a budget, sapphire if you want perfection :)

EDIT: Sapphire wins in flavour, temps and clean up. its apparently more fragile, but... you know... other ppl can chime in with their breakages.

Personally, I broke my obsidian dish within days, sapphire still going strong tho.

EmDeemo,

fatbiker

SiC if you're on a budget, sapphire if you want perfection :)

EDIT: Sapphire wins in flavour, temps and clean up. its apparently more fragile, but... you know... other ppl can chime in with their breakages.

Personally, I broke my obsidian dish within days, sapphire still going strong tho.

How did you break your obsidian dish? Drop it or from too high of temps?

fatbiker,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I am no longer using or recommending the 6mm sapphire terp pearls.

There's too much splashing of the oil when they spin and the oil is going up and over the side of the dish, down the tiny tolerance gap between the dish and main metal body, under the dish and causing oil build up and a stuck dish. It also splashes up to the underside of the dcup lid. All of this means tainted flavour from the Ti and crusty build up very quickly.

I'm yet to try tiny terp pearls but thats next on my list of things to try.

Without the 6mm terp pearls, the sapphire dish is excelling at smooth hits all up and down the temp scale, from 410f all the way up to 570f (570 seems to be my limit for the dab drying out too quick to be able to clean up correctly, getting a bit too close to dry crust), no matter the dab size. Not using terp pearls was an immediate increase in flavour and smoothness. I'm also using an upside down OG SH SC for its one hole capping goodness :)

Yet again, @invertedisdead proves very correct in wondering what the fuck I was thinking with the terp pearls :)

Basically, DCup with the sapphire dish might be so perfect at heat regulation that it doesnt warrant the use of terp pearls at all :D (tho I will try some smaller ones) and they may actually be detrimental to the experience!

Further testing to come tho, obviously... :)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yet again, @invertedisdead proves very correct in wondering what the fuck I was thinking with the terp pearls :)

Basically, DCup with the sapphire dish might be so perfect at heat regulation that it doesnt warrant the use of terp pearls at all :D (tho I will try some smaller ones) and they may actually be detrimental to the experience!

Further testing to come tho, obviously... :)

:D:D:D

Yeah I haven't used any 6mm pearls in quite a while, I feel like the 4mm pearls make better contact with the dish and the size dabs I do, they also move around easier. My thoughts are since the pearls are round, as you increase in diameter, you start needing bigger dabs to make proper contact with these pearls.

I also agree that the sapphire dish vapes up plenty quick as is, since my insert is faceted, oil actually appears to nucleate off the grooves of the dish, kind of similar to using terp pearls.

I mostly use pearls with guests if we're hitting straight off quartz and want a little performance boost. Since I have a MaxVapor I can also just run an uptemp when vaping straight off quartz to accomplish similar vaporization efficiency though.

At the end of the day IMO terp pearls are most beneficial in a torched setup, as heat retention just isn't an issue with these e-nail rigs.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
At the end of the day IMO terp pearls are most beneficial in a torched setup, as heat retention just isn't an issue with these e-nail rigs.

And thats what keeps going round my mind atm. One function of terp pearls is to fix a problem, but the DCup/sapphire (DCS?) doesnt have that problem (heat retention), removing one aspect of needing to use them, and one aspect as to why Im starting to think they might worsen the experience slightly (splash back onto Ti under the lid and under the dish itself).

Im starting to think a 1 hole carb cap, with a good old fashioned NV spin of the cap, is more than enough already and much better than the 6mm terp pearls, for sure.

Again tho, I'm still yet to try smaller terp pearls.

Overall tho, ditching the terp pearls is like experiencing the sapphire dish for the first time all over again :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
DC/S is pro dabbing, for sure :)

The BHO I've been using for last few weeks is fine all the way up to ~550f.

The organic rosin I just made scorches at anything above 475f tho!

It feels like I've hit pro level dabbing, different but very specific temps for different types of dabs.

#nextlevel

turk

turk
...yes each type of material(rosin, waxes, oils,) requires adjustments...tell you what doesn’t require any adjustments...the fantastic flavor with the sapphire dish..occasionally I will put on my sic dish..I’m always amazed...simply amazed at how good it is...than I put the sapphire on...it’s just exquisite..(imo).’’some of this stuff is highly subjective,there’s a myriad of weed experiences on this site..in my sixth decade of interacting with the plant..this is in my experience my favorite device for concentrates.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
...yes each type of material(rosin, waxes, oils,) requires adjustments...tell you what doesn’t require any adjustments...the fantastic flavor with the sapphire dish..occasionally I will put on my sic dish..I’m always amazed...simply amazed at how good it is...than I put the sapphire on...it’s just exquisite..(imo).’’some of this stuff is highly subjective,there’s a myriad of weed experiences on this site..in my sixth decade of interacting with the plant..this is in my experience my favorite device for concentrates.

Yeah, I'm still marveling at the flavour of the sapphire. Such an amazing surprise every time :)

I'm currently loving 450f, massive clouds, 1 hole carb cap, organic Black DOG rosin. Its a fantastic punch in the face flavour explosion. I'm also making the rosin go a little further by dipping every dab in to some 99% cbd distillate with no terpenes. I get some cbd in my face but the distillate doesnt impact or change the flavour of the Black DOG rosin.

Like turk said, its just exquisite. Best dabbing experience of my life so far.

First FC community post. I've been vaping for a year, started with Ghost MV1, then moved on to Dynavap, then Elev8r. Now I've been dabbing with a HE nail and torch set up.

I've been doing some research on the health benefits of lower temps. I personally dab with live rosin.

The DCUP looks very intriguing, but at the high price tag, I'm hoping I can utilize this community to in a sense "test drive" the DCUP without buying one blindly.

1. I want to know if the DCUP is capable of vaporizing live rosin at temps between 315-320*F (inside dish temp).

2. I also want to know if obsidian or sapphire dishes are better at efficiency (not flavor) at these temps.

3. Lastly, I'd like to know if anyone has a clue as to how much the temp inside the dish increases when the carb cap is tossed on. If it takes the temp too high above the 315-320*F range, it doesn't seem worth it to me. However if the DCUP is capable of vaporizing a small amount of material without too much loss without the use of a cap, I'd be much more interested. Maybe some sort of vapor dome-style attachment would preserve the temps better.

Thanks

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
First FC community post. I've been vaping for a year, started with Ghost MV1, then moved on to Dynavap, then Elev8r. Now I've been dabbing with a HE nail and torch set up.

I've been doing some research on the health benefits of lower temps. I personally dab with live rosin.

The DCUP looks very intriguing, but at the high price tag, I'm hoping I can utilize this community to in a sense "test drive" the DCUP without buying one blindly.

1. I want to know if the DCUP is capable of vaporizing live rosin at temps between 315-320*F (inside dish temp).

2. I also want to know if obsidian or sapphire dishes are better at efficiency (not flavor) at these temps.

3. Lastly, I'd like to know if anyone has a clue as to how much the temp inside the dish increases when the carb cap is tossed on. If it takes the temp too high above the 315-320*F range, it doesn't seem worth it to me. However if the DCUP is capable of vaporizing a small amount of material without too much loss without the use of a cap, I'd be much more interested. Maybe some sort of vapor dome-style attachment would preserve the temps better.

Thanks

I don't have a Dcup, so can't answer all of your questions, but will chime in with what I do know.

Is there a reason you don't want to use a carb cap? Low temp dabbing requires a carb cap imo, you won't get much/any vapor without it.

The temp inside the dish doesn't go UP when you apply the carb cap, rather the boiling point of the materials inside the dish goes DOWN due to the decrease in pressure from using the carb cap.

Regarding ruby/sapphire, yes, they are much more efficient with lower temps. The heat retention of ruby/sapphire is crazy. It allows you to keep the temp low and still have enough heat stored in the insert to vaporize your material.

Regarding temps, I have a hard time imagining much, if any, vapor with a dish floor temp of 315. I dab with a floor temp of about 420 F on a ruby insert, and there is just a slight whiff of vapor before I apply the carb cap. But once the cap drops, very nice vapor production.

I know that technically the vaporization temp of THC is 315, but that's not going to get you really any vapor in the real world imo.

What floor temp are you dabbing at with your current torch set up?

Hope that helps some.

started@52

Anyone else not like terp balls in the Dcups big skillet? I think @emmdeemo no longer uses them either. Maybe my dabs are too small but if I put a dab in the middle it spreads out and barely touches the edges where the balls roll. If your putting your dab around the edge why not just use an enail? Isn’t the big flat surface the whole idea behind it? I’m not saying this with any authority, I’m just asking. I have tried it both ways and like it in the middle better but I’m far from being a dab expert, I’m not really even a novice at it yet compared to most of you.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
..you my man...doing rosin too..I can get down to 435-440 with rosin...shatter @ 455...man I love that sapphire dish..so flavorful.

With the 1 hole carb cap, I can get decent hits down at 410 with the rosin :) But yeah, to get nice thick hits, its more like 430 up (I've actually switched to 430 for the rosin since your post). Got some more bho and that need 450 or its a bit thin on the hits.

Are you using terp pearls? I've ditched them completely since using the 1 hole cap.

I wrote the above earlier and forgot to post it till now...

Anyone else not like terp balls in the Dcups big skillet? I think @emmdeemo no longer uses them either. Maybe my dabs are too small but if I put a dab in the middle it spreads out and barely touches the edges where the balls roll. If your putting your dab around the edge why not just use an enail? Isn’t the big flat surface the whole idea behind it? I’m not saying this with any authority, I’m just asking. I have tried it both ways and like it in the middle better but I’m far from being a dab expert, I’m not really even a novice at it yet compared to most of you.

ALL OF THIS.

If the dab does make it to the edge, a turn or two of the carb cap and a sharp inhale can move all the dab back to the center again! :) It at least moves the dab around any way.

I don't have a Dcup, so can't answer all of your questions, but will chime in with what I do know.

Is there a reason you don't want to use a carb cap? Low temp dabbing requires a carb cap imo, you won't get much/any vapor without it.

The temp inside the dish doesn't go UP when you apply the carb cap, rather the boiling point of the materials inside the dish goes DOWN due to the decrease in pressure from using the carb cap.

Regarding ruby/sapphire, yes, they are much more efficient with lower temps. The heat retention of ruby/sapphire is crazy. It allows you to keep the temp low and still have enough heat stored in the insert to vaporize your material.

Regarding temps, I have a hard time imagining much, if any, vapor with a dish floor temp of 315. I dab with a floor temp of about 420 F on a ruby insert, and there is just a slight whiff of vapor before I apply the carb cap. But once the cap drops, very nice vapor production.

I know that technically the vaporization temp of THC is 315, but that's not going to get you really any vapor in the real world imo.

What floor temp are you dabbing at with your current torch set up?

Hope that helps some.

Hey Roth, thanks for all of that input. I see where I've been misunderstanding things now.

The carb cap explanation helps a lot and makes me a lot more confident about low temp dabbing in general. Also, yes the boiling points comment makes everything much clearer for me. [EDIT: sorry, boiling points of various cannabinoids comment was on vapelifeforum, I forgot.] This would leave me with two options for attempting to vape around 315*F: 1. Use a decent sized glob of rosin and then find a low-effort method of reclaiming what is not vaped and using it as edible oil (because from what I understand, it will be decarboxylated even if it's not vaporized); or 2. Use pure crystalline at around 320 and then use tinctures or edibles and enjoy the high from the dab until they kick in. Either of these methods would work for my purposes, as far as I understand. Any input on where my plan might be flawed?

My main goal is to retain some connection with vaporization but employing all the knowledge I can access to make it as harmless as possible and then save my lungs by incorporating more tinctures. Only reason I don't want to go 100% tincture is bc I want to at least get to a certain level with a dab before I wait around for the oral stuff to kick in. Oh yeah, sublingual can help with speed too, but often I loose the liquid in my mouth before it's totally absorbed and it can get frustrating. Would love to just get home from work, take one big smooth dab and maybe one or two smaller ones, pop an edible, and start chilling while they sink in.

710vape666zaddy420,
Reactions: Xclerk

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Hey Roth, thanks for all of that input. I see where I've been misunderstanding things now.

The carb cap explanation helps a lot and makes me a lot more confident about low temp dabbing in general. Also, yes the boiling points comment makes everything much clearer for me. [EDIT: sorry, boiling points of various cannabinoids comment was on vapelifeforum, I forgot.] This would leave me with two options for attempting to vape around 315*F: 1. Use a decent sized glob of rosin and then find a low-effort method of reclaiming what is not vaped and using it as edible oil (because from what I understand, it will be decarboxylated even if it's not vaporized); or 2. Use pure crystalline at around 320 and then use tinctures or edibles and enjoy the high from the dab until they kick in. Either of these methods would work for my purposes, as far as I understand. Any input on where my plan might be flawed?

My main goal is to retain some connection with vaporization but employing all the knowledge I can access to make it as harmless as possible and then save my lungs by incorporating more tinctures. Only reason I don't want to go 100% tincture is bc I want to at least get to a certain level with a dab before I wait around for the oral stuff to kick in. Oh yeah, sublingual can help with speed too, but often I loose the liquid in my mouth before it's totally absorbed and it can get frustrating. Would love to just get home from work, take one big smooth dab and maybe one or two smaller ones, pop an edible, and start chilling while they sink in.

1 new dish temp tested with the ktype probe in addition to the one posted above. Temps are uncapped:

420f controller temp, the dish cycles between 350f and 410f, temp seen the most was 390f.

Those temps arent far off what your talking about. Those readings were on the sapphire dish, just one page back.

started@52

I like how you can manipulate the handle without needing to bend it and can configure it to just about anything.
A595-EBC5-4-C75-4-BAA-A712-9-F782-AF15-B82.jpg

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Just ordered my Dcup today!! So excited and I am very satisfied with the service from NewVape.. you definitely just made a new customer over CCA710!!! Thanks so much

-Pennsylvania dabber

Congrats! Thats amazing, mate!

Which dish did you go for?

Top Bottom