Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
So the recent posts above inspired me to take my Miqro out of mothballs (it’s been weeks and I have convection vapes I use in rotation regularly). Besides the battery life which I’ve opined previously as mediocre, the Miqro still leaves me underwhelmed. I’m not a cloud chaser but they’re not easy to come by. Also, because the Miqro tends to work best with fine(r) ground flower, I have a jarvial of this stuff (think extra and fine, kief-like grind from various strains all cohabitating and blended together) and I was, well, underwhelmed. I’ve been using the extended mouthpiece too since after a few futile attempts using the flat mouthpiece. I also filled the chamber and had the pearl retracted all the way, and was dialed into 390-395F. I got some wispy clouds but the effect should’ve been better. I had to change the battery right away since I hadn’t used it in a while and it was low when I started. A freshly charged battery was waiting in the wings (as are several) and it was just ok (like the commercial).

I love the form, build, feel and finish of the Miqro - much better than the Pax. Easier to clean too IMO. I was skeptical of the display but it’s very intuitive after a brief learning curve. Having a swappable battery is key too but again, I was underwhelmed. I wonder if I should’ve bought the IQ (or IQ 2) last year as a 4/20 present to myself. I also bought the Explorer bundle with all the goodies. I’ll keep trying with the finer grind mix I have (I don’t usually grind too fine for my other vapes in regular rotation). Also, I’ve used the Miqro about a dozen times or so in almost 11 months. I’ll keep trying though increasing the temp higher than stated above with a fresh load is antithetical to the experience if you ask me. Cheers! :peace:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
So the recent posts above inspired me to take my Miqro out of mothballs (it’s been weeks and I have convection vapes I use in rotation regularly). Besides the battery life which I’ve opined previously as mediocre, the Miqro still leaves me underwhelmed. I’m not a cloud chaser but they’re not easy to come by. Also, because the Miqro tends to work best with fine(r) ground flower, I have a jarvial of this stuff (think extra and fine, kief-like grind from various strains all cohabitating and blended together) and I was, well, underwhelmed. I’ve been using the extended mouthpiece too since after a few futile attempts using the flat mouthpiece. I also filled the chamber and had the pearl retracted all the way, and was dialed into 390-395F. I got some wispy clouds but the effect should’ve been better. I had to change the battery right away since I hadn’t used it in a while and it was low when I started. A freshly charged battery was waiting in the wings (as are several) and it was just ok (like the commercial).

I love the form, build, feel and finish of the Miqro - much better than the Pax. Easier to clean too IMO. I was skeptical of the display but it’s very intuitive after a brief learning curve. Having a swappable battery is key too but again, I was underwhelmed. I wonder if I should’ve bought the IQ (or IQ 2) last year as a 4/20 present to myself. I also bought the Explorer bundle with all the goodies. I’ll keep trying with the finer grind mix I have (I don’t usually grind too fine for my other vapes in regular rotation). Also, I’ve used the Miqro about a dozen times or so in almost 11 months. I’ll keep trying though increasing the temp higher than stated above with a fresh load is antithetical to the experience if you ask me. Cheers! :peace:
Love this perspective and thank you for sharing. Based on how you have described your expectations and what you are looking for in a vaporizer, I can confidently tell you that the MIQRO may not be for you. Here's why;
- Battery life will leave you feeling unsatisfied for longer, more productive sessions
- This vaporizer is intended for the microdosing community, those on the go wanting a quick and stealthy alternative, and mo0re light to moderate consumers, entry-level users
- Draw resistance and capacity will limit production qualities heavier users are interested in

Just a "level-up" recommendation, take a look at the IQC or IQ2. DM me if you are truly interested and I will see what I can do to get you onto the next level.

Just a very possibly late to the party update. I tried the extended mouthpiece today, holy moly it's a game changer. Yes it's less sleek looking aesthetically, but it draws so much more easily.

I love this device.
The "extended mouthpiece" is actually in its intended purpose as a 10mm water adapter as its primary function. So its utilization was the first focus, being an "extended mouthpiece" is secondary. Saying this only to realign the expectation around its lack of aesthetic.

I have to agree with Vaporific on this one. There are so many things I like about this vape , but performance in not one of them.
Love to hear more about what you expect in performance. We are constantly innovating and the feedback is well received!

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
let me start by saying my intention is not to speak badly of the Miqro. My comparison in performance / vapor production is based on many other vapes in my rotation. Some are conduction and others are convection ,and a few desktops. The most similar is probably my OG PAX which after countless years still performs as good as the day I got it. The vapor production and overall effects I can feel from it are noticeably better than the Miqro. Same goes for My Davinci IQ, but in fairness the IQ has a lot more power. Honestly, all of my portables probably have more power than the Miqro. The problem I seem to notice is that even at the highest temp settings I don't get full extraction from the dry herb. I would consider myself experienced when it comes to proper use of vapes and have experimented and read about others experiences and helpful tips. As for being for micro dosing, beginners, or light users, I'm not sure if that is accurate. I love so many of the features of this vape including its small stealthy design but I still desire the same performance when I select a specific temperature setting. My Vapman, Dynavap, and Tiny Might all have smaller capacity and I don't think they are for micro dosing and they all get a much darker ABV . Despite my slight disappointment in "performance" , I will continue to use and enjoy the Miqro and think kindly of it.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
let me start by saying my intention is not to speak badly of the Miqro. My comparison in performance / vapor production is based on many other vapes in my rotation. Some are conduction and others are convection ,and a few desktops. The most similar is probably my OG PAX which after countless years still performs as good as the day I got it. The vapor production and overall effects I can feel from it are noticeably better than the Miqro. Same goes for My Davinci IQ, but in fairness the IQ has a lot more power. Honestly, all of my portables probably have more power than the Miqro. The problem I seem to notice is that even at the highest temp settings I don't get full extraction from the dry herb. I would consider myself experienced when it comes to proper use of vapes and have experimented and read about others experiences and helpful tips. As for being for micro dosing, beginners, or light users, I'm not sure if that is accurate. I love so many of the features of this vape including its small stealthy design but I still desire the same performance when I select a specific temperature setting. My Vapman, Dynavap, and Tiny Might all have smaller capacity and I don't think they are for micro dosing and they all get a much darker ABV . Despite my slight disappointment in "performance" , I will continue to use and enjoy the Miqro and think kindly of it.
Really great context in here and we appreciate your feedback.

The only thing I would focus on stemming from your words is - the heating technologies used for any of those products can be vastly different than the approach we have in our IQ Series and MIQRO vaporizers.

PAX = Stainless Steel Oven, Heater, and Airpath
DYNAVAP = Heated titanium to cause conduction-style heating that quickly dissipates.
VAPMAN = Butane torch focused on a gold-plated copper heating chamber
TINYMIGHT = Steel and glass (hybrid convection style heating)

In the end, DAVINCI chooses not to compromise the integrity of its material selection in order to match the style of heating that other vaporizers choose. We completely understand that there is a need for a type of extraction from your herb of choice and do not want to exclude anyone interested in trying the MIQRO.

DAVINCI aimed for the MIQRO to be the purest and most flavorful compact vaporizer. It is for the newer user in that the feedback we have received often led us to a better understanding of who the MIQRO was engineered for. It is for those that are NOT usually daily users, enjoy long vape sessions, or looking for BIG clouds.

Of course, users also seek discretion, durability, and are backed by a solid warranty. As we said, it really is for everyone, we just want to align expectations. If you are that heavy user, want big clouds, and consistent activation at higher temperatures, then we recommend looking at the IQ2 and IQC.

In that same thought, we are always actively working to solve some of the complexities limiting rapid heating, battery life, and session duration. As we find new ways to solve these hurdles while staying true to our pillars, I am confident that with your feedback, and the raw and honest feedback of others, we push forward more confidently to advanced innovation in portable vaporizers.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Really great context in here and we appreciate your feedback.

The only thing I would focus on stemming from your words is - the heating technologies used for any of those products can be vastly different than the approach we have in our IQ Series and MIQRO vaporizers.

PAX = Stainless Steel Oven, Heater, and Airpath
DYNAVAP = Heated titanium to cause conduction-style heating that quickly dissipates.
VAPMAN = Butane torch focused on a gold-plated copper heating chamber

In the end, DAVINCI chooses not to compromise the integrity of its material selection in order to match the style of heating that other vaporizers choose. We completely understand that there is a need for a type of extraction from your herb of choice and do not want to exclude anyone interested in trying the MIQRO.

DAVINCI aimed for the MIQRO to be the purest and most flavorful compact vaporizer. It is for the newer user in that the feedback we have received often led us to a better understanding of who the MIQRO was engineered for. It is for those that are NOT usually daily users, enjoy long vape sessions, or looking for BIG clouds.

Of course, users also seek discretion, durability, and are backed by a solid warranty. As we said, it really is for everyone, we just want to align expectations. If you are that heavy user, want big clouds, and consistent activation at higher temperatures, then we recommend looking at the IQ2 and IQC.

In that same thought, we are always actively working to solve some of the complexities limiting rapid heating, battery life, and session duration. As we find new ways to solve these hurdles while staying true to our pillars, I am confident that with your feedback, and the raw and honest feedback of others, we push forward more confidently to advanced innovation in portable vaporizers.

maybe a Micro II someday ?

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
I have Tinymight and disagree. It’s pure convection. If you add lots of steel then you’ll invoke some conduction. Perhaps the flower adjacent to the the stock metal cooling unit may be subject to some conduction but that’s about it. If you just use a screen to hold flower without the cooling unit it’s convection (save for the flower touching the screen and physics - as we know it - dictates something must hold flower and it can’t just levitate on its own).

It is for those that are NOT usually daily users, enjoy long vape sessions, or looking for BIG clouds.
Of course, users also seek discretion, durability, and are backed by a solid warranty.
These points I whole-heartedly agree with. Thank you again for your contribution to the forum - much appreciated. :peace:

NYC_Frank

Coming up on 3 years with my Miqro and my SP4 row of lights just went out ... submitted all my info for a warranty replacement and sending off to Davinci on Monday ... hope to get back quickly before the nice weather sets in ... thanks Davinci 😎

VapeWell

Coming up on 3 years with my Miqro and my SP4 row of lights just went out ... submitted all my info for a warranty replacement and sending off to Davinci on Monday ... hope to get back quickly before the nice weather sets in ... thanks Davinci 😎
I trust you’ll get the same excellent CS that I got, NYCF! Then metal plate on the battery compartment side of my mIQro came off after 2 years. The return process was a little involved, which if a company offers a 10 year warranty on their product, doesn't surprise me. It went smooothly and I got my mIQro back in a few days. Keep up the great work, Leonardo.

Yeah, I’d like to thing we’re on a first name basis!

VapeWell

pomogirl

maybe a Micro II someday ?
My IQ2 and my wife's Miqro have great taste. Pax gives me terps up front, but my Zirconia path IQ2 is super terpy from almost every hit. I'm trying it with different recyclers and bongs to see if I can cash the bowl a little faster, but I also don't want to water down the taste. USB-C as an upgrade is always appreciated, though, like on my much cheaper, all metal v3. But that doesn't have the super terps zirconia offers, not by a long shot. I do prefer the sandblasted finish on the Miqro and IQC. What about a Convection zirconia device next?

NYC_Frank

Teaching my cousin some Micro tips and found one that I haven't figured out till now.

I've always gone up the ladder SP2 through SP4 and maybe a second SP4 but found that I couldn't effectively finish off the bowl with the Micro because the weed level dropped below the point where the pearl could keep the conduction optimally going (damned shrinkage). I would always finish off the ABV with three hits off my DV and I've been good with that the past three years.

But my cousin has no other vape like the DV to finish things off with and I know he'll try to smoke it 🙃 so I had to come up with something. So I tried dumping the bowl but saving it in a corner of my tray. Refill the Micro with fresh herb and after the 4 sessions combine the ABV with the previous one and you can get at least one more SP4 session off that to get the bowl to that espresso dark roast color and not feel cheated ☕ 😎💨

mazigazi

This is a great thread! So I just bought a Miqro last month and use it 4 or 5 days a week. Very ideal.
However, I'm not sure what went wrong here, as I don't think it's been dropped or bumped drastically, but I went to empty/clean it just now and the mouth piece door just fell off. I've tried several times fitting everything together, but it just won't "snap" back into place.
Does anyone know if there's any detailed instructions on reassembling the door/hinge properly? I'm *mostly* capable of repairs, and this doesn't look that complicated. Hopefully it's not dead!

photo of door here

NYC_Frank

... I'm not sure what went wrong here, as I don't think it's been dropped or bumped drastically, but I went to empty/clean it just now and the mouth piece door just fell off. I've tried several times fitting everything together, but it just won't "snap" back into place.
Follow the return guidelines on this page ... call them , get an RMA# and you'll have it back under warranty repair in less than 2 weeks

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Not positive but it looks like just a USB Type C upgrade (faster charge time) ... wasn't really an issue as far as I'm concerned ... I left dissapointed unfortunately 😔
Don’t forget the new colors! :lol:
Yeah, other than that, seems like no significant changes.
At least they didn’t tease us ahead of time, and get our speculation juices flowing, instead just quietly improved a bit.

Top Bottom