• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I was able to read the shut down messages most of the time, but one gave me fits, so I filmed it with my iPhone in slo-mo. When viewing one can pause and then slide the scroll bar along at whatever pace it takes:)
This is hilarious! I can’t believe you filmed it! I cannot imagine myself maneuvering through the steps to make that happen. Which one was it? And how many times did you have to film to finally get back to it?

Chiron

This is hilarious! I can’t believe you filmed it! I cannot imagine myself maneuvering through the steps to make that happen. Which one was it? And how many times did you have to film to finally get back to it?

Hey Jill:) I deleted it and forgot already LOL. But! then I remembered the “Recently Deleted” file in my iPhone’s photo library and retrieved it from 21 days ago - it was “DANKE”. The “N” gave me fits, IIRC. I had time on my hands when I filmed it because I was burning it in at the time and getting to know it. The first take showed a need to dim the LED:)

Cheers!
Glen

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yay for spacers!

While DaVinci is fabricating (glass?) spacers for the mIQro, one can effectively adapt a basket
screen of a dosing capsule from an HR Fury as a limiter.

When inserted, the round basket becomes oval; depending on its orientation, taking up space inside the herb chamber, the stainless steel capsule’s basket effectively acts as a spacer. One can load a little less in the chamber.

It might be a thought, perhaps the DaVinci team might consider oval dosing capsules for its
innovative little mIQro? :tup:

East peasy loading, on the go. :cheers: Dosing it sound good? :nod:

Last edited:

buckhakeesah

Want to chime in and say I really like the Miqro so far. It's my first experience with the DaVinci brand and to me, it delivers. Fits into my style of consumption really well and I'm enjoying it on level 2 most sessions and crank it up if I want more out of it. I bought this to experience the taste quality that comes with a ceramic oven/conduction and its quite an improvement over my Pax stainless ovens.

Does anyone have battery door issues? Closing it without a battery is fine. Its when trying to install the battery into the Miqro is where I sometimes struggle. Mine seems not easily clamp down and latch. I really have to push down on the battery latch with the latch in the unlocked position and finesse it down when installing the battery, to latch correctly. Should this be snapping down easily and locking with much less effort?

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Does anyone have battery door issues? Mine seems have some struggles to clamp down and latch. I really have to push down on the battery latch with the latch in the unlocked position and finesse it down when installing the battery, to latch correctly.
I occasionally have this issue. I have to make a concerted effort to make sure the lid is down completely before I release the latch so it will catch correctly. If it isn’t in completely when I put down the top lid (the mouthpiece), the magnet will attract the battery lid up.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Want to chime in and say I really like the Miqro so far. It's my first experience with the DaVinci brand and to me, it delivers. Fits into my style of consumption really well and I'm enjoying it on level 2 most sessions and crank it up if I want more out of it. I bought this to experience the taste quality that comes with a ceramic oven/conduction and its quite an improvement over my Pax stainless ovens.

Does anyone have battery door issues? Closing it without a battery is fine. Its when trying to install the battery into the Miqro is where I sometimes struggle. Mine seems not easily clamp down and latch. I really have to push down on the battery latch with the latch in the unlocked position and finesse it down when installing the battery, to latch correctly. Should this be snapping down easily and locking with much less effort?
I had a little trouble the first couple of times I fitted the battery, but since then I've had no real trouble :shrug:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Whoa! I’d use Dawn 4X ultra Platinum, with a small brush (toothbrush).
Should be good to go.

(The ultimate cleaning would be using the Dawn + ultrasonic cleaner.....)

I have a question. Coming from a Dynaverse where micro dosing is the norm,
I wonder if Davinci will be producing glass spacers for the IQ”s smaller sibling.... :wave:

“Small is more.”

Siblings

2q3ndw1.jpg

Yes, agreed! Just confirmed that ultrasonic cleaner should work, however they were curious, did you load the herb then put the spacer? Or did you first put the spacer and then loaded the herb?

I occasionally have this issue. I have to make a concerted effort to make sure the lid is down completely before I release the latch so it will catch correctly. If it isn’t in completely when I put down the top lid (the mouthpiece), the magnet will attract the battery lid up.
Yes, pushing the battery door down and sliding forward is how to close it. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Yes, agreed! Just confirmed that ultrasonic cleaner should work, however they were curious, did you load the herb then put the spacer? Or did you first put the spacer and then loaded the herb?

To lessen the oven area somewhat, load the herb into the dosing basket (without the cap), insert, and close lid. The height of the “pearl” determines the limiting volume.

Alternatively, inverting the dosing capsule (again, without cap), and closing the adjusted zirconium cylinder
Will squash the round screen basket to desired height, and cylindrical in shape. A higher temp is needed to compensate for the mass heating of the SS screen spacer now in place, making it a little more convective.

An oval dosing capsule frabicated in the factory would eliminate the need for these “wiggle” adjustments.

Dosing capsules serves to both allow desired amount to be preloaded, and capsules to be dropped in, and popped out— in seconds.

A convenience, and mIQro-dosing with your Davinci is realized. :nod:

stark1,

malanbalan

Hello.
Just bought the Miqro few days ago. Very nice vapor, I like it more than the pax there. I have some trouble that is no letting me love it completely.
First charges I noticed the battery never getting a solid 4 point LED full battery (3 and the fourth blinking). NO WAY of doing the bypass with the USB charging cable, it will just shut off. This was one of the points that made me buy it.
Yesterday it was steady four Lights, as full charge I guess? And I think it lasted longer. After 20 min. Battery was dead I did the by pass by and this it work. I tried it now and its not working again! Faulty unit??
Will check further. I think it needs some ammount of charge before doing the batter bypass??

Last edited:
malanbalan,

Copacetic

Hello.
Just bought the Miqro few days ago. Very nice vapor, I like it more than the pax there. I have some trouble that is no letting me love it completely.
First charges I noticed the battery never getting a solid 4 point LED full battery (3 and the fourth blinking). NO WAY of doing the bypass with the USB charging cable, it will just shut off. This was one of the points that made me buy it.
Yesterday it was steady four Lights, as full charge I guess? And I think it lasted longer. After 20 min. Battery was dead I did the by pass by and this it work. I tried it now and its not working again! Faulty unit??
Will check further. I think it needs some ammount of charge before doing the batter bypass??
I think all vapes that allow use while charging require some charge in the battery to achieve this (didn't even realise the mIQro had this option! you sure?).
I'm also fairly certain that even in devices which do allow this, it degrades the battery prematurely, so it's probably advisable to just get a charger and spare batteries.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
A mIQro paired with extra charged batteries is a must if venturing out for the day, a canister
With a charged battery, at a minimum.

The canister from Davinci has a screw on cap for herb/ABV at its bottom.

malanbalan

I think all vapes that allow use while charging require some charge in the battery to achieve this (didn't even realise the mIQro had this option! you sure?).
I'm also fairly certain that even in devices which do allow this, it degrades the battery prematurely, so it's probably advisable to just get a charger and spare batteries.

Yes, you can find it even on their review. You need some charge. Battery works better now full 4 bars no blinkin. Around 4 sessions.
It does not matter much if battery degrades, because it is not internal. I just give ocassional puffs if I have sore muscle from boxing and running. So I am at the computer working I can even use a power bank or the laptop when it is not fully charged and wait.

There is one last thing.
Between the white ceramic chamber and the zirconia outer there is a silicone band. It has kind of a gap with the black zirconia where small grind will get in.
Is that sealed to the inner? Can I swap alcohol there. Do all miqros have that gap?

malanbalan,

buckhakeesah

Yes, you can find it even on their review. You need some charge. Battery works better now full 4 bars no blinkin. Around 4 sessions.
It does not matter much if battery degrades, because it is not internal. I just give ocassional puffs if I have sore muscle from boxing and running. So I am at the computer working I can even use a power bank or the laptop when it is not fully charged and wait.

There is one last thing.
Between the white ceramic chamber and the zirconia outer there is a silicone band. It has kind of a gap with the black zirconia where small grind will get in.
Is that sealed to the inner? Can I swap alcohol there. Do all miqros have that gap?
That's an area I am concerned with as well for oil to leak. Will that silicone deteriorate over time if cleaning with an alcohol swab? Also, are you guys packing the bowl beyond the ceramic chamber, up to or beyond the silicone?

buckhakeesah,

Copacetic

There is one last thing.
That's kinda cool that it offers passthrough.
Doubt I'll ever use it myself, but it's good to know that it's an option.
Thanks for pointing it out :cheers:

I see the silicone 'band' just above the top edge of the oven, is that where you mean?
If so, my mIQro has no gap there.
I can make a gap if I push the silicone aside, but only then.
I've been cleaning the oven and the whole surrounding area with ISO soaked q-tips, no issues so far (and I'm personally unconcerned about using ISO on silicone in this manner, I wouldn't leave the whole thing to soak in ISO though, but I bet you aren't either.)
I always remove my battery when using ISO, and allow to dry thoroughly to prevent shorts (and don't 'rinse' with water, as this defeats the purpose of using ISO IMO).

That's an area I am concerned with as well for oil to leak. Will that silicone deteriorate over time if cleaning with an alcohol swab? Also, are you guys packing the bowl beyond the ceramic chamber, up to or beyond the silicone?
Dunno about others, but if I'm packing a full bowl to go out, I'll fill the whole oven, up beyond the silicone (loose) right to the brim where it meets the loading area, so that after I've closed the lid down to pack the load down with the pearl, the load (sometimes assisted by packing down a little more with a tool ) comes right up to the rim of the ceramic (maybe fractionally higher sometimes) and has a pearl shaped depression in the middle.
YMMV.
My pearl is a very loose fit on the silicone post, so packing a full load down nearly already results in the pearl moving from wherever I've set it, to the shortest position.
Personally I'd like the pearl to be a tighter fit on the post to prevent possible loss while unloading the oven out and about (especially in the dark ), but I haven't lost it yet (dropped it once in long grass, but got lucky and found it ).

My mIQro hasn't seen really heavy use yet , so bear that in mind.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Yes, pushing the battery door down and sliding forward is how to close it. :-)
I don’t need a vaporizer however DAVINCI IQ or this one?

Don’t know really?
So confused!

ataxian,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I don’t need a vaporizer however DAVINCI IQ or this one?

Don’t know really?
So confused!

A larger IQ is easier to use if one is motor challenged, while the smaller mIQro is an easy tote,
Almost invisible in one’s hand.

A larger battery with the IQ translates to longer use between charges—but you can always carry extra batteries.

While some manufacturers are going the larger is better route, Davinci is going to a smaller version with its mIQro, with a price point to match.

It is ultimately your choice, according to your needs. :tup:

I opted on both.

:mmmm:I think Davinci products are made like fine art
(have collected all of its vaporizers). YMMV:spliff:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A larger IQ is easier to use if one is motor challenged, while the smaller mIQro is an easy tote,
Almost invisible in one’s hand.

A larger battery with the IQ translates to longer use between charges—but you can always carry extra batteries.

While some manufacturers are going the larger is better route, Davinci is going to a smaller version with its mIQro, with a price point to match.

It is ultimately your choice, according to your needs. :tup:

I opted on both.

:mmmm:I think Davinci products are made like fine art
(have collected all of its vaporizers). YMMV:spliff:
I have a SOLO since they went from ceramic to steel bowl?
It still works?

Da DAVINCI products have got me checking them out!
At this point it’s a want!

OK da COLOR is pretty cool?

I have many ART BOOKS so I realize da contributions of DAVINCI da artist from the 1500’s !
Please help me pick da one 2 work best 4 my needs?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Joining the club. Grabbed the Miqro from Puffitup with the extra battery, etc.

Have been using Arizer Air and Enano happily, so this fills my stealth pocket needs.

My first Davinci - very impressed so far!
I just had a couple of CIVILIZED sessions (not the OLD DA)
Maybe the small one?
I don’t know what I want?

KIEF & CANNABIS COLAS = Da way it is meant!

ataxian,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Politely waiting on this @Davinci_vaporizer

We currently do not have spacers for the MIQRO. However there are lots of smoke shops with mini spacers that can be used in the small MIQRO bowl. A customer shared a photo with me and they are working great for him. We'll keep you updated about MIQRO spacers and thank you for your patience during this time :-)

Last edited:
Davinci_vaporizer,

Vaporcussion

It's going to be a while before we announce further details however you're able to purchase mini spacers for the MIQRO from smoke shops and even Amazon. Hope this helps!

@Davinci_vaporizer You are embarrassing yourself. My question was on the existing spacers for the IQ, and why they are still black after leaving in alcohol for a week. I realize this is the Miqro thread, but you obviously have done nothing to resolve this, and don't even remember the issue! I'm losing my patience; can you please do your job? Thanks.

Vaporcussion,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@Davinci_vaporizer You are embarrassing yourself. My question was on the existing spacers for the IQ, and why they are still black after leaving in alcohol for a week. I realize this is the Miqro thread, but you obviously have done nothing to resolve this, and don't even remember the issue! I'm losing my patience; can you please do your job? Thanks.
Easy there. No need to get nasty. BTW this is not the DaVinci customer support thread, so if you have a CS issue with them, please take it up with them directly. And when you do so, I suggest you adopt a more civil tone. :2c:

:peace:

Top Bottom