Discontinued Daisy vaporizer by Triihouse

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Been using this in the day - I work from home and it's messing about with sound (i programme synth patches for work) so I can get a bit medicated - but not molten as I have to work.

It does the job fantastically - 2 bowls - one in morning, one in afternoon. Get to a good level.

Great job bro. :tup:

I don't normally go OT, especially here in the Daisy thread, but I gotta know what synth patches do you work on?

I'm a cubase composer and a massive vst nut.

Omnisphere is my absolute favourite.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I don't know if I need to turn my torch up? but it takes a good while to get clouds and they aren't as big as my Lily? Any pointers?
Imo, a powerful flame on the torch goes a long long way to negate any issues one might have with technique, especially if it's clouds that you're after.

That's not to say that huge clouds aren't achievable with a less powerful flame, but it probably requires more practice & finesse than with a 'hit all bases' big-boy torch.

That's my view anyway.

Keep at it bro, the rewards are thick, tasty & plentiful!

:peace:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Hey all, I have been using my Daisy that I got and I found that I might like the Lily a little better? :shrug:

I don't know if I need to turn my torch up? but it takes a good while to get clouds and they aren't as big as my Lily? Any pointers?

Are you getting the whistle? Play around with flame length and dancing it around the opening of the heat port. Also, feather/tap the carb. Do this until you can get it to whistle consistently. The whistle indicates the proper air turbulence for the best clouds. Lily doesn't whistle, but Daisy do.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Hey all, I have been using my Daisy that I got and I found that I might like the Lily a little better? :shrug:

Turn your torch up a bit, as others have said. But do be careful, as you increase your chances of combusting. Don't ask me how I know.... :puke:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I use a bigger flame for Daisy vs Lily, but have used both with either as well. Just draw super fast and tap that carb!

@Mister G I've actually made my Lily whistle with some of the alternate stem options I posted there. The long bent ones that turn it into a Daisy in smoothness also can make it whistle

Bizkat

crank up your flame and back away from the intake would be my suggestion for anyone not blown away by the vapor output. it increases airflow in addition to adding more heat because more gas is being shoved down the pipe. slow draw increases chance of overheating. everyone's got their own style, but nobody should have to waiting around for this thing to make vapor. wpa + jhook (w/ inline hemp filter) is required to cool the vapor when using my preferred method of higher heat quicker draw lily lunacy

... flame size/position determines the appropriate draw rate needed to maintain desirable load temps. higher draw rate while maintaining load temp = "faster" vapor production. two sides of the same coin.

I think of the difference between a little turbo making 20PSI vs a much larger one also making 20PSI. they both make the same pressure, but one pushes a much higher volume of air and therefore is able to generate more power. a smaller flame and slower draw can keep the load at (let's pretend) 400*F, and so can a larger flame and a quicker draw, but the quicker draw would have pulled more air through the load and dragged more goodies into your lungs.
@kimura suggested this in the Lily thread. I would think his theory would work for the Daisy too but haven't tried it.

First hit has less vapor in most instances, but if you do it right you can get good cloudage all the time. I use around a 1 inch flame. You want that fucker to whistle, which means that a strong (maybe 3/4 strength) pull from you, and the tip of the flame about 3-4mm away from the opening of the intake are required. I find it helps to put the tip of my flame into the intake a few mm on the first hit (just for the first second or so), and pull it out and move it up slowly a few mm while I'm inhaling, until it starts to whistle. This helps me determine where the best height is, every time (still using the stock lighter, which fluctuates it's flame length with use). The whistling indicates that the air being taken in is being properly heated by the flame.

@Bizkat good find

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Well ive had her a while now and i think ive come to my conclusions. I must say i find Daisy somewhat inconsistent and sometimes a little frustrating.

Im not sure if mines not fine tuned properly but i find it impossible to get vapour whilst whistling. I can easily get a whistle but that doesnt ever come with vapour. Ive tried all techniques big flame, small flame, soft draw, hard draw, big load small load. All with lots of carb tapping ... And i positively cant get the whistle and vapour.

Don't get me wrong i can get big clouds but it involves a different technique. Personally i need to use a strong flame and very soft draw and keep flame away from the intake. This results in excellent clouds but its more dangerous as the soft draw can easliy hot spot or scorch.

Also i find Daisy far more sensitive to flame calibration than say my vapman. With that sucker i can use any size flame and just adapt on the fly. But if my torch splutters out a bigger flame one draw then suddenly its bbq time.

I also found that Daisy needs a lot of seasoning! The initial woody aroma is strong and takes a long time to wear off. Even now the flavour is okay but not as great to me as a lot of people make out ('amazing convection yada yada')

All in all shes a good lass and i see her continuing to get some rotation :)

kimura

yeah I think whatever pressure drop venturi-voodoo is going on with that whistle is also amplified by using a bigger flame/more airflow. the gas shoved through the daisy after the butane burns off is also full of steam (water vapor and CO2 being the byproducts of burning butane), so a larger flame might (ironically?) make for a more comfortable cloud as well. there's really a lot going on here IMO!

thanks for the shout @Bizkat

Well ive had her a while now and i think ive come to my conclusions. I must say i find Daisy somewhat inconsistent and sometimes a little frustrating.

Im not sure if mines not fine tuned properly but i find it impossible to get vapour whilst whistling. I can easily get a whistle but that doesnt ever come with vapour. Ive tried all techniques big flame, small flame, soft draw, hard draw, big load small load. All with lots of carb tapping ... And i positively cant get the whistle and vapour.

Don't get me wrong i can get big clouds but it involves a different technique. Personally i need to use a strong flame and very soft draw and keep flame away from the intake. This results in excellent clouds but its more dangerous as the soft draw can easliy hot spot or scorch.

Also i find Daisy far more sensitive to flame calibration than say my vapman. With that sucker i can use any size flame and just adapt on the fly. But if my torch splutters out a bigger flame one draw then suddenly its bbq time.

I also found that Daisy needs a lot of seasoning! The initial woody aroma is strong and takes a long time to wear off. Even now the flavour is okay but not as great to me as a lot of people make out ('amazing convection yada yada')

All in all shes a good lass and i see her continuing to get some rotation :)
I read about how people with not that much lung power can "really make the Daisy whistle," so I thought with my pretty good lung power, I would have no problem taking insane rips.

However, I find if I inhale too fast, I can make a super loud whistle while applying flame, but get poor results. I Find that I need to throttle my draw down from what I want to do to about 60-75%; and my long(ish) flame (1-2 inches, probably?) only makes it whistle when the tip of the flame it is in the right place.

grokit

well-worn member
I can also testify to the fact that a bigger flame makes a world of difference. When I first got daisy I thought I dialed her in with a small pocket torch, but I still didn't know her true power. Then I tried a kitchen torch and kaboom! combust city. So my advice is use a big torch but dial it down a bit, you'll be glad you did.

vapirtoo

At the general request of vapirtoo. Same duo, after dishwashing glass.
OEuyu31.jpg
]

Cleanliness is next to Godliness and those two pieces look ready for some real vaping.
Good job.
On another point,
My cheap ass Eagle lighter wimped out after one refilling ,turning my once robust flame into a half inch of barely usable flame .
Surprise!
This small flame forces me to insert the flame into the tube and ...Voila! very manageable clouds with no coughing from over doing it.
Thus may be the way for newbies with poor aim.
Oh yeah I'm still looking for that perfect torch.

Last edited by a moderator:

lolling boris

Great job bro. :tup:

I don't normally go OT, especially here in the Daisy thread, but I gotta know what synth patches do you work on?

I'm a cubase composer and a massive vst nut.

Omnisphere is my absolute favourite.

Omnisphere is incredible - used to use that for work.

I programme stuff for massive a lot, along with spire, sylenth and serum recently.

If you love massive - try serum!

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
Cleanliness is next to Godliness and those two pieces look ready for some real vaping.
Good job.
On another point,
My cheap ass Eagle lighter wimped out after one refilling ,turning my once robust flame into a half inch of barely usable flame .
Surprise!
This small flame forces me to insert the flame into the tube and ...Voila! very manageable clouds with no coughing from over doing it.
Thus may be the way for newbies with poor aim.
Oh yeah I'm still looking for that perfect torch.

I found a five pack of torches on Amazon for like $10. Refillable, and gives me a few back ups in case of failure. Nothing special, but I've been using one lately and it's been good so far. Easy to adjust the flame, too.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Loose/small pack is also pretty key. Only loosely fill herbs up to the small first ridge above the screen. When larger loads/more packed in it is harder to get ideal results. Still totally doable, just not as easy.

When I feel a slight resistance, but still a small whistle, I like to hold the carb and give a gentle blow through the mouthpiece. It will free up whatever was the issue most of the time.

I have also taken to dumping a load right after passing heat through (taking that last good rip) as the material blows right out of the screen much easier and you can go 10x longer before needing to torch the screen/have any airflow issues.

Regarding the guys with zico torch issues, just crank the gas way up and wait till you stop hearing it vent bubbles, then lower things back down and refill the torch. Works for me every time. Also really helps to keep the torch filled before the flame starts to splutter, as it avoids accumulating bubbles that way imo.

Definitely want to echo that although its possible to get great results with as little as a 1/2" flame, the money spot is definitely right around 1"

You don't want to feel much resistance when you suck in either, the air-flow should be mostly wide open. So it's not just listening for a whistle, because you can definitely hear a whistle with crappy airflow and get shit results.

grokit

well-worn member
Yep, that orange one is what I bought. Eagle. :tup:
:doh:
Whoops I just realized I meant to post this other orange one. They are the first two I used out of a set of 5/$10, and as you can see they are different brands. This one adjusts on the bottom instead of on the front like that smaller eagle does, and the flame goes bigger to meet the needs of the daisy a bit better.

edit: that smaller eagle is a really good lighter too, and the bigger flame depletes the small tank on the honest lighter pretty quickly; which is why I like the medium eagle best for out & about with daisy.

uG0mbGd.jpg

A pic from the listing:

LwCgWkG.png

One of the pics has the eagle brand but the lighters in the pics don't.
The listing just says,
"5 Pack 45 Degree Angle Jet Flame Butane Torch Lighter Refillable Windproof"

Now I need to find the other three lighters in the set to see what they might be :hmm:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
:doh:
Whoops I just realized I meant to post this other orange one. They are the first two I used out of a set of 5/$10, and as you can see they are different brands. This one adjusts on the bottom instead of on the front like that smaller eagle does, and the flame goes bigger to meet the needs of the daisy a bit better.

edit: that smaller eagle is a really good lighter too, and the bigger flame depletes the small tank on the honest lighter pretty quickly; which is why I like the medium eagle best for out & about with daisy.

uG0mbGd.jpg

A pic from the listing:

LwCgWkG.png

One of the pics has the eagle brand but the lighters in the pics don't.
The listing just says,
"5 Pack 45 Degree Angle Jet Flame Butane Torch Lighter Refillable Windproof"

Now I need to find the other three lighters in the set to see what they might be :hmm:

That honest came with my Daisy from Vaporstore recently, with butane, and worked well. But then after i refilled it, it stopped working, doesn't really get a flame going. I also have a steel zico that is inconsistent, the old reliable best is still the power torch that came with my Lily front Triihouse. I should get more

hackslasher

Speaking of lighters.... Does anyone know why plastic lighter would just randomly crack while not in use? Have one, that looked like the honest one, I went to grab and it was completely empty. Upon further inspection it was all cracked, like cracks within the plastic. Then went to get another, the one that came with the vapcap, and same thing. So yea be nice to know what I did wrong so I don't keep losing lighters.

Edit: these lighter were not jostled around either, were had just been sitting on desk

UnshavenFish

@hackslasher plastic lighters can crack if exposed to some solvents, maybe some ISO (or something) got on there, might not be this but just a thought.

Also for anyone else having trouble with their lighter @Ratchett posted this little gem in the lotus thread...

Does it barely produce any gas (barely hisses even when set to maximum output). My Zico T-38 had trouble igniting at first as well (I kept burping it hoping to help performance). Then I took my mini flathead screwdriver and twisted it one click past the + side (be careful to only go 1 click or 2 clicks max on any lighter, you do this to jump up to the next "setting" on the torch - it's a rarely mentioned hack for torch lighters - only used when they're DOA).

My Zico has been working perfectly since I twisted it past the + side one time (previously it was a POS which I almost threw away)

Top Bottom