Dabs on the go

EarthworldTim

Again, been a little while since, but previously used silicone all the time until I realized why they were getting sticky on the outside. Hint, not because I was messy. Only silicone I use anymore is parchment paper during processing. Not much choice.
I'm unsure of your implication here but I suspect the oil was migrating around/in between the plastic and silicone where they meet. Warm oil tends to be sneaky and difficult to contain and especially so with a pliable materials.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm unsure of your implication here but I suspect the oil was migrating around/in between the plastic and silicone where they meet. Warm oil tends to be sneaky and difficult to contain and especially so with a pliable materials.
Yeah, if the silicone gets sticky because it was liquidizing, like plastics, I would expect to see that with my silicone cookware which I have not seen in more than a couple of decades of use.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I haven't had any problems with them. I bought the first one at least a couple of years ago, and it's still fine.
I got a heap of new glass jars that I will never use. I use these and simply sun-cure them for weeks before using them. I press regularly so never more than a week's worth. I buy heaps as the hinge and clasp has a habit of breaking.
U611cb0511d0b4e30a78879ff0344cbc1b.jpg

getsoutalive

Happy to be wrong about this, but when I would leave a jar with product for more than a week or so, I would notice the outside of the container begin to get sticky all around. Not a problem if stored in fridge/freezer, but the product most certainly seems to interact with the silicone at room temps.

Then there was talk of using the Terp Pen right out of the jar, which would put the hot coil directly in contact with the jar. Glass, sure, silicone, I'd rather not.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
put the hot coil directly in contact with the jar
I like my Terp Pen by Boundless to be ready for a sneaky load when out and about and my way to use is to reload the tip after each hit so the Terp Pen coil never glows red hot. So, puff, re dip while warm then store ready for the next puff.
I prefer my Terp Pen for walk-about portable use to any straw-type slurper as it is ultra stealthy.

Deecee

I personally never liked the terp pen, it always seem to waste a lot of wax. I much prefer the lightning pen, I get way better vapor and my wax lasts much longer vs the terp pen.

Just got to make sure you lightly sip it or you will splash some of your concentrate out of the chamber if you hoover it.

I got the terp pen a couple years ago and I wasnt satisfied by the vapor, lighting pen is a micro banger in a pen imo. Its not for big dabs tho, only small scoops or your product will splash out easier than with a smaller load.

Lighting pen is the best portable dab experience i've had, kinda curious what device the next step up would be for people who dab small amounts.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Those silicone jars were definitely known to cause some issues a few years ago. The sticky disintegrating jar was definitely a thing and I’ve experienced it before too.

Some claim it’s because they weren’t properly platinum cured. Wouldn’t surprise me.

But also, live resin dabs were SUPER terpy a few years ago; I haven’t really seen that ultra runny, thin, wet terp sauce in a few years. It was basically like a puddle of solvent. Plus everyone I know pretty much switched to rosin, which typically doesn’t have as high of a terpene content as a butane extraction.

getsoutalive

After spending some time with the Hunibadger, I really like it.

I did not add a bubbler to keep it portable as possible. Portable it is. With the mouthpiece stored, the unit is about 5" long by 2.5" by 1" complete and fully metal, feels solid as a rock. The end cap that holds the mouthpiece and protects the tip also holds a small glass (.5g?) container of extract. I have not tried to count the number of one minute heating cycles I get from a charge, but no complaints about battery life at all. I prefer the low temp tip, flavor is far better, so that likely helps. With 18650s and replacement tips as the only consumables, this should last a long time. Cleaning is simple enough, wipe the tip with an iso pad and run a pipe cleaner through the unit once in a while. Technique is important though. Better to lightly tap into the product from an edge, you don't want a huge glob as it will take a long time to vaporize, losing flavor and making a mess the whole way. It is very efficient consuming your product this way.

It really check all the boxes that I was looking for. The only problem is you look like a crack head using it, so not in public.

getsoutalive,
Reactions: Jethro

biohacker

Lighting pen is the best portable dab experience i've had, kinda curious what device the next step up would be for people who dab small amounts.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
As a gas man, the Nectar Collector and the handy silicone-lidded glass dish-bowl to dab straight out of totally works for me and I even prefer it to messing around with a banger at home for small dabs. It also tastes better than a banger to me but I don't dab for the flavour, ha ha. Extracts are not exactly flowing around here and I'll always prefer good flower if I can get it.

kb819

I can't speak from experience, but the reviews of the regular terp pen are actually better than the XL - something about the XL's sensors being problematic.
I'll vouch for that. I returned 2 terp pen XL's...both were flaky & only worked once or twice before blinking randomly and becoming non responsive. Ordered the OG terp pen & haven't had an issue.

Jethro

After spending some time with the Hunibadger, I really like it.

I did not add a bubbler to keep it portable as possible. Portable it is. With the mouthpiece stored, the unit is about 5" long by 2.5" by 1" complete and fully metal, feels solid as a rock. The end cap that holds the mouthpiece and protects the tip also holds a small glass (.5g?) container of extract. I have not tried to count the number of one minute heating cycles I get from a charge, but no complaints about battery life at all. I prefer the low temp tip, flavor is far better, so that likely helps. With 18650s and replacement tips as the only consumables, this should last a long time. Cleaning is simple enough, wipe the tip with an iso pad and run a pipe cleaner through the unit once in a while. Technique is important though. Better to lightly tap into the product from an edge, you don't want a huge glob as it will take a long time to vaporize, losing flavor and making a mess the whole way. It is very efficient consuming your product this way.

It really check all the boxes that I was looking for. The only problem is you look like a crack head using it, so not in public.
I'm a fan as well. Been using a Huni Badger for going on 2 years now. I prefer the high temp tip just for the speed. I do dozens of dabs a day with it.

Try the glass dab cups they sell as well, they are bad ass.

twain55

The Stashe ConNectar turns any 510 pen battery into a nectar collector... I have not used them as I tend to avoid atomizers entirely, but it would seem to be exactly what you are looking for. Easy, discrete, and use right out of your jar.

I do favor their RiO. I gave up my pen years ago after getting one of those.
I have the Ooze version of this and it works pretty well.

As for portables/pens I have had several and currently use the Yocan Orbit. All glass. Its like a little rig.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I've been carrying a Terp Pen often for concentrates on the go quite often lately. However, to pocket my concentrates I've been using these Wax Wallets from 420Science: https://www.420science.com/products/wax-wallet

WWS_zoom-626113.jpg

WW_alt1_zoom-660626.jpg
Love, love, love these. Have a few in green and blue, and have the larger wax wallet in green. Never had a problem with stickiness, but I wouldn't store concentrates at room temperature so it's not an issue, even with my gooiest rosin.
Just grabbed a green 420Science wax wallet in honor of this post, and am going to go through this thread trying the recommended vapes, if I have them. Starting with DT lightning pen, and moving up.
Merry Christmas, everyone. My youngest is working today, so we celebrated early, and I have the day off. Best Christmas ever! Apparently, I have dabs that are aging out, so I've got to get through them.
Maybe I should just try every concentrate vape I have, starting with the lightning pen, because it's loaded. Well, not any more. Great start, either way.

twain55

The Stashe ConNectar turns any 510 pen battery into a nectar collector... I have not used them as I tend to avoid atomizers entirely, but it would seem to be exactly what you are looking for. Easy, discrete, and use right out of your jar.

I do favor their RiO. I gave up my pen years ago after getting one of those.
edit 2: While searching I saw some ConNectars with a different coil. Mine is the metal Kanthal. Anyone have different coils?

edit: Hot water and lung power got it unclogged.

Took out my ConNectar and after a session the straw clogged up and I can't unclog it. I've soaked in ISO, etc. Any ideas?

Last edited:
twain55,
Top Bottom