Dabs on the go

getsoutalive

Had stepped away from concentrates when I took a break from growing. DHV has been wonderful, but now that I have a real stash again, I am looking to start squishing rosin.

I have not been a fan of portable dabbing because of the mess of loading and cleaning each after dab. But have been thinking about Nectar Collectors that seem to not need the same ritual. I prefer to use electric over butane, but the idea of vaping straight out of the container seems to solve my issues.

I have used the DTv3 and HVT Sai previously and have been looking at the Core and Pockety, but thinking I may not want all of that. Anyone recommend a battery powered Nectar Collector that is on the smaller (pen sized) side?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I use a Terp Pen xl, I like it, though it gets mixed reviews with heavier dabbers.
An inexpensive trial run can be had on a regular TP for about 30 bucks.

getsoutalive

I use a Terp Pen xl, I like it, though it gets mixed reviews with heavier dabbers.
An inexpensive trial run can be had on a regular TP for about 30 bucks.
Thank you. This is the style I am looking for.

So you can just touch it to your rosin in the jar and pull, yes? No tools necessary, little mess and by working your way across the jar, not heating material unnecessarily.

Sounds better than trying to load a cup with a dabbing tool while portable.

Edit: Huni Badger looks interesting. A bit pricy, but not afraid to spend for the right product. Anyone?

Last edited:

florduh

Puffco Proxy is my favorite so far if I don't have a live rosin pod (my preferred portable honestly)

Yeah you don't have to clean a nectar collector after each use but they also quickly get gunky and weird because of that.

If you have access to a rosin pod/cart that would be a much cleaner and consistently good tasting option than any nectar collector.

Simply pocketing a little jar of concentrate is a messy affair. Concentrate getting on the lid. etc.

Zipford

Not sure if this is on point, but I really like the Linx Hypnos Zero for concentrates. Reloading on the go would probably require you to carry some tools, but it can be loaded with enough to get you through a day (depending on your use, of course). It tends toward taste over clouds, but the effects are there, and the device is small and discreet.

There are a few tips/tricks to making it work better, mostly pre-heating the concentrate for a cycle before you heat again and inhale, and turning the device and holding at a 45 degree angle while inhaling (the angle is fairly normal, the turning helps keep the concentrate going over the part go the atomizer that heats it).

gotbadvas

I am just going by my own experience but I have switched to almost only concentrates for a few months. I have a quartz banger, TRVP V3, and DTV5 on an M22 base. If I were to dab on the go I think at this point I have given into cartridges.

I know it sounds crazy but I got so sick of loading dabs all the time and then on top of it having to swab after each drives me nuts. It will depend on your concentrates but with rosin made from hash you could decarb and load into carts. I am planning to to a "jar tech decarb" in my instant pot and then maybe adding back in some extra CDT.

If you want to stick to dabs maybe that new lightning pen from divine tribe would be worth a look but for me I do edibles and take cartridge hits and I am really liking it.

getsoutalive

Thanks for the input everyone. Have the home game covered. Really not interested in loading every dab into a cup on the road. Hoping that the answer is not carts, but could just be deluding myself.

Think I might take a shot at the Huni Badger. Like the 18650s and small simple design. No bubbler.

gotbadvas

Think I might take a shot at the Huni Badger. Like the 18650s and small simple design. No bubbler.
Only thing I know with the nectar collector type setups is that you want to load the dab on a dabber and not dip directly in the concentrate or it will cause issues. Let us know how you end up liking it if you do get it. You could have a seperate dish or jar to do the dabs out of.

gotbadvas,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

EarthworldTim

Cartridges are the most convenient but I really dislike them in the summer especially with the California heat. Also the flavor tends to degrade about two-thirds through the cart and potentially starts leaking and/or clogging depending on hardware. I also don't like that there's some questionable marketing language that has been created to deceive consumers from some companies which is why I don't ever go for cheap ones but these days I'm almost exclusively using dry herb on the go.

Just wanted to mention the Firefly 2+ as a potential candidate even though it's very pricey(cheaper than proxy but I imagine proxy provides a better experience) compared to nectar collectors etc. I use mine with a concentrate pad at home frequently and I take it with me on long weekends. Can't take the biggest dabs but it provides good flavor and if you mind the pad and swap/clean them regularly it's a pretty painless experience. Does require an iso wipe down every couple days depending on use but I'll probably never sell the thing because it's so convenient for me.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The Stashe ConNectar turns any 510 pen battery into a nectar collector... I have not used them as I tend to avoid atomizers entirely, but it would seem to be exactly what you are looking for. Easy, discrete, and use right out of your jar.

I do favor their RiO. I gave up my pen years ago after getting one of those.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Simply pocketing a little jar of concentrate is a messy affair. Concentrate getting on the lid. etc.

I've been carrying a Terp Pen often for concentrates on the go quite often lately. However, to pocket my concentrates I've been using these Wax Wallets from 420Science: https://www.420science.com/products/wax-wallet

WWS_zoom-626113.jpg

WW_alt1_zoom-660626.jpg

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Lightning pen.

Portable v5 heater. It's great and tastes much better than a coil based system.

getsoutalive

I've been carrying a Terp Pen often for concentrates on the go quite often lately. However, to pocket my concentrates I've been using these Wax Wallets from 420Science: https://www.420science.com/products/wax-wallet

WWS_zoom-626113.jpg

WW_alt1_zoom-660626.jpg

Dude, glass only. Don't store 'trates in silicone jars, and certainly don't dab straight out of there. Just seems like a bad idea all around there, especially for a terp pen.

Edit....Dropped the coin for Huni Badger. Will report back.

Last edited:

Zipford

With regard to cartridges, I agree they are convenient and that's where I started with concentrates. But I found they have a tendency to clog and leak, and leaving visible concentrate behind bothered me. The Hypnos solved all of those issues, with the caveat that if you're using a relatively fluid concentrate, you'll want to store the Hypnos upright.

getsoutalive

Why? Silicone is wildly popular afaict for storing concentrates. Is it a flavor issue?
Again, been a little while since, but previously used silicone all the time until I realized why they were getting sticky on the outside. Hint, not because I was messy. Only silicone I use anymore is parchment paper during processing. Not much choice.

getsoutalive,
Top Bottom