Dabpress VS Low Temp

Sticky13

Na all good dude, im sure its a great bit a kit. Like @shredder pointed out, looks perfect & smart for personal press :tup:

Last edited:
Sticky13,
Reactions: arb

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
To be fair, it just well be it that they are using American made, aircraft grade, certified 6061 aluminum and didn't realize their wording can be ambiguous. Was just mentioning that some of these guys like to play word games. I don't think they would be as shady to mislead you though.

I did look around their store and they do offer insulators at a bit extra. Didn't realize this before.

Personally, if I had money to spare I might consider supporting local and small business as long as the quality matches and I'm not paying extra for less performance. Especially if they can guarantee it's quality materials and not mystery Chinese stuff. Money is tight though, so gotta go with money/value over that.

Jmwade

Thanks everyone, the input has been truly priceless... so this is where I am, if $ weren’t so tight, I would buy the Low temp gear, it sounds like quality “might” be better, plus they’re built 1 state over in Colorado Which I like. Those factors and the warranty make this my 1st choice. However $ is very tight right now and this will b my first time pressing anything, and it sounds like Dabpress quality is at the very least “close enough for personal use”, if not just straight up good quality, I’ve looked for days and can’t find a bad review .... I think I’m gonna get the 10 ton driptech with a 12 ton hand press, I think that will take up less room I’m my bedroom than the caged kit with shop press. But that’ll give me 6-8 months to practice and see how it goes. And next tax $ I can upgrade if needed, to Either the 4x7 low temp cage & Dake press or Honestly the Pure pressure presses appear to b my favorite on looks/research alone, but I have no way of knowing if they’re worth $3g’s for a 3 ton press , seems outrageously high..., I plan on “sleeping on it” before my final decision, but thatS where I’m leaning as of now

1 - 10 ton driptech with hand pump $600
2 - Dabpress 3x5 caged kit with good pump $700
Or with cheap pump $450 (Best value, but I’m scared of a shitty press)
3 - Dabpress 6 ton personal $429 (this is the one I should get, but I’m afraid I’ll wanna upgrade immediately
Upgrade - low temp cage 4x7 $650+ pump or Pure Pressure = $ bend over and hold ur ankles Lol

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Jmwade

Go big if you can afford it!
Trust me....
A friend twisted my rubber arm into buying a press but he did not want to spend a lot of money. He had $300...
So I added $300 and we bought the DabPress 6 Ton, a great little machine.
After a month or so, I am wanting a gauge and slightly bigger plates.
I see an upgrade in the future...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have pressed 50g at once in the Dabpress HR10t35 but find 1 or 2-10g pucks at a time works the easiest...I really like the pressure gauge too.
The only time I see really dark rosin and torn parchment paper is from presses that you have to guess the pressure.
If it was not for the great reviews of the great build quality of Dabpress I would not have got one...especially if it was in the thousands of dollars price range that some gougers want.:2c:

Jmwade

@Jmwade

Go big if you can afford it!
Trust me....
A friend twisted my rubber arm into buying a press but he did not want to spend a lot of money. He had $300...
So I added $300 and we bought the DabPress 6 Ton, a great little machine.
After a month or so, I am wanting a gauge and slightly bigger plates.
I see an upgrade in the future...

I just ordered the Dabpress 10 ton driptech with a 12 ton hand press, I think I would’ve been in the same boat as U had I grabbed the 6 ton. The plan Is to run it the rest of the year And see what I think. I’m super stoked about having freshies Anytime I wanna

arb

Semi shaved ape
Warrick PlantEvansville, IndianaAlcoaReopened, July 2018[2]Intalco PlantFerndale, WashingtonAlcoaOperating, April 2018[3]St. Lawrence PlantMassena, New YorkAlcoaClosedMassena PlantMassena, New YorkAlcoaOperating, April 2014[3]Mt Holly PlantMount Holly, South CarolinaCentury AluminumOperating, December 2014[4]Rockdale PlantRockdale, TexasAlcoaClosedWenatchee PlantWenatchee, WashingtonAlcoaClosedHawesville PlantHawesville, KentuckyCentury AluminumReopened, August 2018[5]Ravenswood PlantRavenswood, West VirginiaCentury AluminumClosed, July 2015[6]Sebree PlantSebree, KentuckyCentury AluminumOperating, May 2015[7]Columbia Falls PlantColumbia Falls, MontanaGlencoreClosed in March 2015[8]Noranda PlantNew Madrid, MissouriNorandaReopened, July 2018[9]Ormet PlantHannibal, OhioOrmetClosed, August 2014[10]
List of American aluminum smelters.
This saddens me as much as our steel industry.
The mining of bauxite here,the raw ore is even sadder.
We need to bring heavy industry back.
Sorry to go off track but curiosity got the better of me.

shredder

I just ordered the Dabpress 10 ton driptech with a 12 ton hand press, I think I would’ve been in the same boat as U had I grabbed the 6 ton. The plan Is to run it the rest of the year And see what I think. I’m super stoked about having freshies Anytime I wanna

Be careful once you start down this rabbit hole, next thing you know you have ounces of rosin in ten flavors, lol.

I see the trend is toward concentrates. At least in my area. As a caregiver roughly 40-50% of products I provide are rosin, or medibles made from rosin or winterized rso. About 4 years ago it was 100% herb. As easy as it is to provide your own rosin nowadays and how its readily available I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Love my DabPress. I run the 6T model and find it to be more than I could ever need for my personal use. It is one solid fucking tank that came perfectly aligned and the 3x5 plates easily handle the 5-7g pucks that I press. I don't know much about Low Temp products or their service, but DP's customer service is truly second to none.

The only thing I wish it had was the gauge, but I knew this going into it. I was already pushing my price point just getting a good press. The added cost of the 10T model plus the price of the pump was more than I could justify to my wife. :) I think I could dial in my technique best with a gauge, but have been doing well just going by feel. If they ever offered an easy kit to add a gauge I would probably do it though.

Around here I can buy good quality rosin for 30 bucks a gram so it's more about having fun and using buds of my choice.

Last edited:

Jmwade

So I’m gathering up supplies, Rosin filter bags and parchment or PCFE(?). What’s everyone running with 3x5 plates 10ton press

Jmwade,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I use 2x4 160 bags the most.
I use them both bottle tech with a cylinder prepress and brick style with the rectangle prepress.

Yield is slightly improved with bottle tech, but I appreciate the ease and speed in which I can knock out brick presses.
I find my 10t's sweet spot is 5-10g presses.

chaos_theory

The Dude abides
I personally own a LTP v2 with the BVA hand pump and I love it. Not knocking DabPress at all, it is what it is, its a budget quality system. But I do want to say that what you pay for with LTP is lifetime warranty with support on their plates, high quality (USA )machining with (USA) aluminum and a high quality custom controller.

To dispel/confirm some confusion I read here - the latest V2 all in one kits come with G11 fiberglass based insulation that is 1/4" thick. As someone one also mentioned in this thread, that you can purchase the insulation if you are doing DIY with their plates as well.

At the end of the day you can stand on a hair straightener or the sky is the limit. So buy what you can afford and press away! If the LTP selling points are important to you and in your budget, go for it, you won't be disappointed. But there are many happy customers of DabPress which speaks volumes itself.

Have fun with some of the most amazing fresh rosin you can get!

Jmwade

I personally own a LTP v2 with the BVA hand pump and I love it. Not knocking DabPress at all, it is what it is, its a budget quality system. But I do want to say that what you pay for with LTP is lifetime warranty with support on their plates, high quality (USA )machining with (USA) aluminum and a high quality custom controller.

To dispel/confirm some confusion I read here - the latest V2 all in one kits come with G11 fiberglass based insulation that is 1/4" thick. As someone one also mentioned in this thread, that you can purchase the insulation if you are doing DIY with their plates as well.

At the end of the day you can stand on a hair straightener or the sky is the limit. So buy what you can afford and press away! If the LTP selling points are important to you and in your budget, go for it, you won't be disappointed. But there are many happy customers of DabPress which speaks volumes itself.

Have fun with some of the most amazing fresh rosin you can get!
I went with the 10 ton Dabpress for now, this will by my first time squishing . And next tax return if I feel I need to upgrade, I’ll try the low temp cage...

Top Bottom