Dabpress VS Low Temp

Jmwade

I’m about to buy a rosin press, and after weeks of research I think I’ve narrowed it down to a couple.With new vape being a little more than I wanna spend, I’m deciding between The Dabpress 3x5 cage ($289) or Low temp plates 3x5 cage ($545, $630 for anodized plates). I was originally on the Dabpress 10 ton driptech with hand pump, but I’m leaning cage & press now. oh, and I’m deciding between a Dake b10 hydraulic pump or the cheaper Strongway , still reading up on pumps and wether it’s where I should put my $. If u can find the darke for under $400, I’ll prolly go that router

does anyone have experience with either or borh?Is there a better option available? I’ve ran across Rosinpressny and a couple others . This is my1st press, I would like to buy a quality press so I’m not limited by the press and not wanting to upgrade n 4 months

thanks for any input, I’mpumped about squishing my own rosin, next savingup for a dry freezer

Jmwade,
Reactions: arb

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
One problem I see with the Lowtemp is that is has no insulator to separate the plates from the cage. The cage is connected to the press to, so it would be leeching heat into the system. If you look at the Dabpress it has an insulator between the plates and cage.

Might not be a big deal to some people, but with the Lowtemp costing twice as much and paying less attention to detail is underwhelming.

Bought a 12t dabpress recently and pretty stoked about it.

Edit: honestly, I was weighting my options and it always came out the same. Dabpress = more quality for less money. I see you were looking at the Dabpress 10t before, if you look at it, it's made out of almost all 6061 billet aluminum. Everyone else is using extruded metals. Maybe I am just a kind of guy, but billet aluminum just gives me a hard on.

The 10t dabpress would come out to less than lowtemp plates also, so lol lowtemp.

Last edited:

Jmwade

Excellent, I was leaning Dabpress for value, then I found the lowtemp website this weekend lol I originally planned on the 6 ton Dabpress, but figured I may a well spend a lil more for the beefier setup plus air gauge . Do just need to decide in 10 to. Driptech or the 3x5 cage

Jmwade,

shredder

I bought my 3x5 caged plates from low temp before there were dab presses.

Along with my plates I use a 20 ton press from harbor freight. I've added an air assist, so there is little arm fatigue when I press for hours.

Only thing I'd do different would be to get the 4-7 plates because I press a lot.

I have nothing against dab press and would probably go that route if I just wanted a press for personal use.

Sticky13

10T build, with LowTemp plates. Your just paying for quality metal.

large.20180317_105204.jpg.e5f32ae3b8deb40afee0a87f1da2a714.jpg

Jmwade

10T build, with LowTemp plates. Your just paying for quality metal.

large.20180317_105204.jpg.e5f32ae3b8deb40afee0a87f1da2a714.jpg
I like ur setup, I think I cAn spare that much space, the bench presses look good (and pricey)... so I noticed low temp specified “billet aircraft grade 6061-t6 American Certified Aluminum “, is that the difference with the Dabpress? How bout the the controller and heating rods, better? I saw the lifetime warranty on the cage, springs and plates. It’s proving to b a difficult decision for me, I just wanna squish amazing stickies and not wanna upgrade in 6 months lol

Sticky13

When I put together this press, im pretty sure most of Dabpress's where made in China. Im very much a person who likes to know that there has been care & quality taken for the product, and genreally not mass produced; I dont buy twice- unless I want two :lol: But yes the difference is the certified alloy, which is what your paying for.

I did rebuild the PID, as that was not quite up to the standards. But that really was no worry as I wasnt paying this money for the PID.

arb

Semi shaved ape
May,might,could seems like a lot of variables.
The billet composition is important in industrial applications,health and culinary and naturally structural for sure.
I have a few presses I used for pattern welding billets consisting of 15n20 and 1084 steals usually.
Much and I do mean much higher temperatures and pressures involved in that process and I used Chinese plates on those with no issues.
The plates will be the last structural part of a press to fail as the pumps and cage are far more vulnerable.
Peace of mind is certainly priceless though.
😍

scy123

Keep in mind "American Certified Aluminum" could mean anything. Their is no official "American Certification". Could just mean it was made in China and "certified" by an American.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I was trying to figure out where you got this alloy thing from, apparently right from low temps website lol

“American alloys guarantee a quality of product to last an entire lifetime. Chinese knockoffs use alloys that vary in composition which can lead to bending/

Anyways I agree it’s better to support the innovators, but I don’t think you’re paying for “certified alloy” (that seems like a joke at best) you’re paying for American labor and wages.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I was trying to figure out where you got this alloy thing from, apparently right from low temps website lol

“American alloys guarantee a quality of product to last an entire lifetime. Chinese knockoffs use alloys that vary in composition which can lead to bending/

Anyways I agree it’s better to support the innovators, but I don’t think you’re paying for “certified alloy” (that seems like a joke at best) you’re paying for American labor and wages.
To assemble made in China parts........sigh.

Sticky13

I suppose we could look at your analogies as comparing Dynavap or NewVape selling a quality TI vape, but really they are just cheap China material right?

Maybe it was wrong to say your paying for a certified alloy, you are paying for that fine american workmanship. Everything aligns perfectly.. unlike many cheap cage and plates i've seen first hand, and my very point composition (Nice try though @invertedisdead ;) ) The quality of LTP product was of much higher quality at the time than many others, i.e springs.. Dabpress where new to the game.

Im pretty sure it was well known Dabpress was cheap china knockoffs.. might not be true, but thats the rep they got in growers industry.

@Jmwade SGS Engineering.

large.P1090748.JPG.779d45cedb77fc3de818cb7780fe55d0.JPG

Last edited:
Sticky13,

scy123

Maybe it was wrong to say your paying for a certified alloy, you are paying for that fine american workmanship. Everything aligns perfectly.. unlike many cheap cage and plates i've seen first hand, and my very point composition (Nice try though @invertedisdead ;) ) The quality of LTP product was of much higher quality at the time than many others, i.e springs.. Dabpress where new to the game.

Im pretty sure it was well known Dabpress was cheap china knockoffs.. might not be true, but thats the rep they got in growers industry.

My Dabpress is perfect, don't know how they can make it more perfect. I wouldn't call leaving out insulators on the Lowtemp and having it leech heat into the system fine workmanship.

I wouldn't call Dabpress a knockoff, it's doing it's own thing at a better price and quality. I've been frequenting a lot of rosin boards and never seen anyone shit talk Dabpress, quite the opposite, many people recommend it.

Sticky13

Thats fair play dude :tup: I'm happy they're working for you.

Like I said "at the time," (2017-2018) these where probs the best recommended plates available, many didnt want knockoffs- there where many on auction sites.

My first post mentioned no brands, but Dabpress was the new competitor at the time, many would want comparisons vs LTP.

Last edited:

scy123

Thanks, sorry if it feels like I am putting anyone down, it's kinda hard to state facts sometimes and not oppose anyone else.

Top Bottom