• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DAB Stands by J-Cat

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thinking about creating some solid oak and maple and other DAB Stands ... the following is a prototype out of some scrap pine of my first design.

(I'll be making an oak or maple one in the coming days for myself, and if there is interest, may make some more)

The hardwood ones will of course be much nicer than this scrap pine one :) But should give you an idea of the layout of the first model.

Image.png

Image.png

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Very nice! I can see folks being pretty into these as most of the larger dab stands I run into are 3D printed. I dig my GlobMob set up if not the price I paid for it but there's something about wood vs plastic as I'm sure the many log owners on here would agree with :spliff:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Excellent idea and great alternative to PLA!
Thanks!

I figure I would much rather have my stuff sitting on a wood stand ... and I couldn't find quite what I wanted out there, and now that I have the CNC, it opened up options :)

This is a huge upgrade to my silicone ashtrays (TAP DAT ASH) that I've been using for this purpose.

I never liked the idea of sitting my stuff on "plastics", although really, it's fine with temperatures and a really high quality 3D print I'm sure would be excellent (but a lower quality one I don't like the idea of plastic "flakes" getting onto my tools and caps)

The wood options out there seem to be more marketed at shops that want to display lots of one thing, not an all purpose stand that is used by an individual (sort of a dabbers replacement to the rolling tray)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks!

I figure I would much rather have my stuff sitting on a wood stand ... and I couldn't find quite what I wanted out there, and now that I have the CNC, it opened up options :)

This is a huge upgrade to my silicone ashtrays (TAP DAT ASH) that I've been using for this purpose.

I never liked the idea of sitting my stuff on "plastics", although really, it's fine with temperatures and a really high quality 3D print I'm sure would be excellent (but a lower quality one I don't like the idea of plastic "flakes" getting onto my tools and caps)

The wood options out there seem to be more marketed at shops that want to display lots of one thing, not an all purpose stand that is used by an individual (sort of a dabbers replacement to the rolling tray)

MaxVapor made some from acrylic that I enjoyed, but I lost one of the plastic screws that held the shelf together, so I stopped using it because it got wobbly.

I lost that part from condensed oil on the carb cap sticking to the acrylic shelf, and then I'd grab my cap for a dab and it would pull the stand apart. It was pretty cool but just wasn't that solid, this one looks to solve that problem! I'm also better at wiping my carb these days, lol 🙃

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You should also look into making holes to fit handles of Rogue Wax Works' tools too :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: arb

JCat

Accessory Maker
Make some holes big enough for 18mm and I will buy one.
😆
The bottom ones with the carb caps fit 18mm :)

@Shit Snacks and @arb, I'll likely do a few variations ... depending what people want.

If you have specifics as far as hole sizes and placement, I'd be more than happy to customize for now (then once I have a handful of variations its no more trouble to build one vs another)

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm going for something a little fancier @LesPlenty , but that works :)

Here's the base for the slightly larger model (I decided 3 one more hole of each size would be a better size for me ... just a little short on room on the original size for what I usually have out at once)

(The Ontario maple looks much nicer then the Pine :) ... obviously needs a little sanding to get rid of the router marks, but not where it will be covered by the next 2 levels :) )

IMG-0200.jpg

JCat

Accessory Maker
So here's what the final version of the "large" size DAB stand (out of maple I cut down w/ my brother-in-law in his backyard and had milled into rough lumber)

Image.png

Image.png

Probably throw on a finish tomorrow ... thinking the same finish as I would use for a cutting board.

Top Bottom