• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett ...which printer are you using for ceramics?

Cool thing about ceramics; once characterized/calibrated, parts are very consistent in the kiln.

Been researching the market a lot, haven't made the leap yet. Still busy expanding the printer farm to keep up with order volume before I can leap into R&D.

I've got a few different options in mind, but I haven't invested in anything yet due to time constraints.

In the past year I've already doubled the number of 3D printers in the farm (working on building a beautiful wall of 3D printers haha), and I'm branching out into other manufacturing techniques including injection molding and casting. Right now I'm trying to focus on scalability of production. Many of these exotic 3D printers and materials are experimental and subject to changes in printing performance or accessibility. More than once in the past has a raw material been discontinued on me.

Sorry this thread has been rather quiet lately ya'll! Keeping the printers running 24/7 and reducing order processing times always takes a priority.

Still, I've added a few new products to the store recently, and I'm proud to announce that I have started stocking @JyARz Satchmo containers on the site. Now you can order a capsule-caddy combo kit and save some money in the process! :rockon:

I've published a few other products on the store recently, working on adding another one or two over the next week once I finalize the designs.

This weekend I'm experimenting with copper electroplating an old printed statue, wish me luck! :science:

Gigsabits53

Been researching the market a lot, haven't made the leap yet. Still busy expanding the printer farm to keep up with order volume before I can leap into R&D.

I've got a few different options in mind, but I haven't invested in anything yet due to time constraints.

In the past year I've already doubled the number of 3D printers in the farm (working on building a beautiful wall of 3D printers haha), and I'm branching out into other manufacturing techniques including injection molding and casting. Right now I'm trying to focus on scalability of production. Many of these exotic 3D printers and materials are experimental and subject to changes in printing performance or accessibility. More than once in the past has a raw material been discontinued on me.

Sorry this thread has been rather quiet lately ya'll! Keeping the printers running 24/7 and reducing order processing times always takes a priority.

Still, I've added a few new products to the store recently, and I'm proud to announce that I have started stocking @JyARz Satchmo containers on the site. Now you can order a capsule-caddy combo kit and save some money in the process! :rockon:

I've published a few other products on the store recently, working on adding another one or two over the next week once I finalize the designs.

This weekend I'm experimenting with copper electroplating an old printed statue, wish me luck! :science:
Been keeping an eye on your store @Ratchett . There are a few new products that I just know I need to have ;) Love what you do!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Ratchett ...I just noticed Form2 has a ceramic option. I am not a fan of plastic 'juice' machines but the post-firing of the prints makes this a reasonable consideration. Formlabs is in it for the long haul so if anyone is worthy, it would be them.

Also have a look at the 'tumbler' someone put on Thingiverse. Bascally they are using it as a ridge smoothing tumbler. Interesting thought. Better than slowing the print process using thinner layers.

TommyDee,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
.I just noticed Form2 has a ceramic option. I am not a fan of plastic 'juice' machines but the post-firing of the prints makes this a reasonable consideration. Formlabs is in it for the long haul so if anyone is worthy, it would be them.

Indeed The Formlabs Ceramic resin is one of the options I've been looking into. Unfortunately the operating costs of these resin based machines makes them a bit expensive for high volume production. However the larger Form3 printer might have the capacity I need for volume printing. The problem here is that Formlabs admits this ceramic material is experimental and not a finished product. That means the formula could change or the product may be discontinued in the future. There is another more expensive ceramic resin on the market which according to reports is a more stable reliable formula, but the Form2 light isn't strong enough to cure this alternative resin. So I'd need a different SLA printer for that resin with a higher powered laserbeam. Alternatively there is a castable ceramic material which might be easier for volume production, once I get around to actually testing the concepts haha. The problem here is that traditional casting methods inhibit my creativity in the finished product, so I'd much rather 3D print directly in ceramic if possible. I might start with casting ceramics to start learning how to fire a kiln properly, and then branch into 3D printed ceramics as I become more comfortable with firing and glazing.

Btw, anyone going to CHAMPS in Vegas next year? I'm planning a short trip to attend the show :spliff::cheers:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Happy New Year's!

Sorry for the silence, the studio has kept me far too busy to keep up with all the social media platforms (although as you know I am always available via email, it just might take a day or two for me to reply!)

Still cranking away on new ideas here and there, including my recently published affordable Grinder Scoop-n-Scrape tool!

Anyway I wanted to let you know I'm hosting a fun contest over on Instagram - guess the weight to win! Contest ends on January 31st 2020 so don't miss your chance to win!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ywiG4nVTW/
IMG-20200101-170311-540.jpg

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Order shipped the same day - that's fast shipping!

Happy to hear it! I try to push out as many orders as possible per day but I apologize to those of you who have to wait a day or two extra for shipping - sometimes 3D printing larger orders can take time, especially with the occasional printing failures on some items. I'm constantly working hard to increase production quality while reducing wait times.

Not too many new products on the store lately, although be sure to check out my new Fury Edge Dosing Capsule Caddy, designed to fit into a @JyARz Classic container!

Also don't forget, my Instagram Contest ends January 31st at 11:59pm (EST). Now's your last chance to enter this contest! - https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ywiG4nVTW/

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also don't forget, my Instagram Contest ends January 31st at 11:59pm (EST). Now's your last chance to enter this contest! - https://www.instagram.com/p/B6ywiG4nVTW/

I was fortunate enough to win this, thanks @Ratchett my man! This was a really fun contest, so much better than a random drawing, I earned this lol

IMG-20200205-091342002.jpg

Love the new packaging, nifty for retailer sales, and shipping was very very fast!

The tool is great, perfectly balanced and comfortable to use, nice variety of tips, fortunately I already have a scoop n poke, so now I am well-covered. The gold finish is also very nice, and I'm digging the center sphere too!

Every vaporist should own some Delta3D gear!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I was fortunate enough to win this, thanks @Ratchett my man! This was a really fun contest, so much better than a random drawing, I earned this lol

IMG-20200205-091342002.jpg

Love the new packaging, nifty for retailer sales, and shipping was very very fast!

The tool is great, perfectly balanced and comfortable to use, nice variety of tips, fortunately I already have a scoop n poke, so now I am well-covered. The gold finish is also very nice, and I'm digging the center sphere too!

Every vaporist should own some Delta3D gear!

Congratulations @Shit Snacks on winning our first "Guess the weight to win" contest! Thanks to everyone who entered the contest. I also thought it was a fun spin on the regular random drawing contest, and based on feedback I'll certainly consider hosting more giveaways like this in the future.

No new product announcements today, although as usual I've got dozens of projects underway in the studio, including plans for a studio expansion - I need more space for the additional machinery to continue scaling up the biz! :D :science:

MGG

Finally got a Mighty V3 WPA after years of delaying it.
Really like it, at first I thought it was finicky but then I realised I was just over tightening it.
It has a bit more wiggle than I was expecting but it doesn't seem to effect performance.

I've tried pretty much every adaptor available including Delta 3D Studio's older iterations of this design.
This one is definitely the best I've used, great build quality, function, easy of use, doesn't stress the mighty's case.

My only suggestion if there's ever a V4 is to have the end of the 14mm joint taper off just a few more mm's
so I could fit this also into male 14mm joints. For female 14mm & 18mm it works great.

There can be some risk of running this upside down and it disengaging and spilling your bud.
It hasn't happened to me yet, though it's pretty avoidable once you're aware of it.

Overall I feel this is a 'must-have' for water pipe users.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback @MGG! I love hearing back from customers. For sure the WPA can disengage from the Mighty fairly easily, this was intentional to protect the Mighty's threads from damage. Sadly the side-effect is that herb can spill out if one isn't careful. The best solution I've found is to utilize the S&B Dosing capsules, so even if it pops open, the capsule contains the herb perfectly. I also find vaporbonging with dosing capsules increases extraction efficiency, and my herb comes out fully uniform in color after a vaporbonging sesh.

Last week I finally had the opportunity to hop out of the studio for a few short days to attend the Champs show in Vegas and meet so many awesome people from this community whom I've spoken with over the years online. Shoutout to @HughJundys who made my day busting out his personal extended length Scoop-n-poke at the show, my wife and I had a good laugh about that. I had a bum knee so I couldn't walk the show much, but I plan to attend more shows going forward so I look forward to meeting more friends at future shows :wave:

I did managed to find another made-in-america product (they're impossible to find at these shows lol) which I'm excited to add to my store, stay tuned for more info on that as soon as I have time to get settled from the show.

Apologies to anyone currently waiting on an order, I promise I've been busting my ass since returning to catch up. Don't hesitate to email if you need a status update on your order.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett any chance you might offer some sort of stand for bangers and caps? Alto has a decent design, but I would much prefer to keep my business in FC circles.

I don't handle bangers and caps that often, but if you can show me some images of what ones you're using I can certainly consider it. Would you let them cool off before moving to the storage tray or need somewhere to hold them while still hot?

Been extremely busy keeping up with April orders (apologies to anyone still waiting on their orders, the farm is running HARD 24/7 to keep up. As usual feel free to email me if anyone needs a status update on an order)

That said, I am absolutely working on expanding my collection of desktop organization systems here in the near future. Hopefully when things slow down over the summer I'll have time to catch my breath and start tinkering with some prototypes which have been floating around my mind for the past few years :lol: :science:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do appreciate your entertaining the idea! I think they would do well, especially with Shane @710Coils pushing all these killer bangers out to everyone!

I totally understand my inquiry came up right in the midst of what I hope is a great month of sales, I am in no rush at all. Please do post a note up if you take a stab at it.

Something similar in function to this, 14mm joints on the bottom row and caps on top. It is not used for hot pieces but for storage/organization... would like to see your take on this, with your Delta style:
IMG_0235.JPG

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Continuation of original thread on legacy FC.

Welcome to the new Delta 3D Studios official FC thread! Founded in 2014 as a hobby tinkering with 3D printed vaporizer accessories has blossomed into a massive catalog with over 175 designs (and new products added weekly/monthly). While the store's catalog has expanded far beyond 3D printed products, everything listed is still proudly made in America (typically in the studio, although we do partner with other small businesses around the country when possible to bring the best possible products to the market).

You can find the largest catalog of D3DS designs on our storefront at Delta 3D Studios, LLC although a smaller collection of our products are available through our Authorized Retailers which is listed on the website. Don't see what you're looking for? Just ask! Many designs can be easily revised or customized to fit your personal needs.

This thread will be used to introduce new designs, discuss and answer questions about existing products, and talk about future possibilities for products. Stay tuned for some exciting updates in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom