Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Phew! What a holiday season! Totally wasn't getting notified about these posts! Lol, pardon the absence - it's been a hell of a year for everyone!

Fortunately things have started to slow down enough that I've had time to get back into R&D. Actually whipping up something special for the EQ this week, hoping to publish it before the end of the month ;)

So much going on around the studio..... new wholesale partners constantly coming aboard, and more machinery added to the studio (basically maxed out power to the 3D printer farm and need to run some new circuits! haha). Investing in some new production technology next year, can't wait to share more details.

By all means if you don't hear from me on here feel free to use the contact form on the website or email directly. I'm always happy to discuss possibilities or answer technical specifications about any particular product :wave:

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

So as some of you may know - "Congress Will Ban Vape Mail & Force Online Sellers into the PACT Act" in a few short months. I am still confused as hell if this applies to my unique small business, and how I will comply with such requirements.

Are there any business lawyers in the community who can help put my mind at ease? I'm terrified how this affects me and how I will be able to comply with such requirements (I'm more than happy to legally comply, but I do not have the legal knowledge to ensure compliance with the law to the letter). I'd love some input from experts who can help me sift through this legal nightmare.

I hate to ask for help, but I'm feeling lost and fighting a battle I can't win alone. I love this industry and would hate to leave it behind. Any assistance you have would be amazing. If you know of any business lawyers in this industry who might be able to offer some guidance PLEASE send me a PM with their contact info so I can shoot them a short email to discuss in detail

The last thing I want to do is cease direct sales to consumers, but I may be forced to do so if I do not have some professional assistance. The last thing I want to do is be non-complaint with any new laws and face the penalties :ugh:

Thank you!

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Yikes.
I’m not a lawyer but I slept at a Holiday Inn. 😬

Reading about it, hopefully it will be interpreted narrowly, and only apply to E liquid products .

So, E cigs and liquid vape products and liquid vape juice containers.

Hopefully, your products will be excluded, not E cig, not E liquid based, but it sure seems mushy as to what is covered.

Good to start now to clarify what the hell is covered.

Scarey if it applies broadly.... cannabis moving toward legal , but paraphernalia to use cannot be mailed without massive tracking and reporting headaches.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the insight @MinnBobber indeed given the maximum penalties for punishment, I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. However I'm still having a hell of a time finding any business lawyers in this industry to ping for their insight. I've reached out to two this afternoon and waiting to hear back their interpretation of the law, but this really scares the heck out of me. First Etsy shut the biz down, then paypal, then my local bank. All for a legitimate business :doh: :bang:

I still don't know where the line gets drawn and for my product line this is tough because I don't know which way to turn with producing new stuff for the market. Really hoping one of these lawyers responds with some good news because right now in my mind, I'm blowing everything out of proportions and thinking the business needs to shut down in a few months (not really but that's what it feels like). :ugh:

I'm sure I'll navigate my way through the waters, but it'll be hard. I've already started pulling reports of my worst-selling products (for discontinued product lines, stuff like that) and removing them from the website.

If any of you are curious about a product but can't seem to find it on the website, just shoot me a message - I probably delisted it to reduce my category load (since 200+ products is getting quite excessive and hard to manage, especially if I need to register half of them with the US attorneys office...... sigh)

Alexis

Thanks for the insight @MinnBobber indeed given the maximum penalties for punishment, I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. However I'm still having a hell of a time finding any business lawyers in this industry to ping for their insight. I've reached out to two this afternoon and waiting to hear back their interpretation of the law, but this really scares the heck out of me. First Etsy shut the biz down, then paypal, then my local bank. All for a legitimate business :doh: :bang:

I still don't know where the line gets drawn and for my product line this is tough because I don't know which way to turn with producing new stuff for the market. Really hoping one of these lawyers responds with some good news because right now in my mind, I'm blowing everything out of proportions and thinking the business needs to shut down in a few months (not really but that's what it feels like). :ugh:

I'm sure I'll navigate my way through the waters, but it'll be hard. I've already started pulling reports of my worst-selling products (for discontinued product lines, stuff like that) and removing them from the website.

If any of you are curious about a product but can't seem to find it on the website, just shoot me a message - I probably delisted it to reduce my category load (since 200+ products is getting quite excessive and hard to manage, especially if I need to register half of them with the US attorneys office...... sigh)
This is exactly what they do, these beurocratic tyrannists in the shadows. They make this reality more of a sting for us at every opportunity, by means of this wonderful thing we all call Law.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I guess the spending bill got bounced back, so who knows maybe there is hope after all!

I know of a business lawyer who does work with some Cannabis clients, I can reach out if you'd like. I don't know him personally but I do through another forum, not cannabis related at all.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the help all! I've reached out to a few lawyers so far (no reply back naturally due to the holidays). Even though the bill hasn't been signed, clearly it's only a matter of time before the bill passes and vapes are banned from the mail. I haven't seen the literature changing whatsoever and it's so broad currently that I still don't know what changes will need to be made to D3DS to ensure compliance. Who knows where all this will end up.

That said, the hits keep coming this week. Yesterday I was informed by my e-commerce host that due to Brexit, all online sellers importing to the UK will be required to collect VAT taxes for all orders valued at less than £135 and remit them to the UK. This requires a massive load of paperwork I just cannot handle at this time. As such effective December 31st I will be temporarily disabling orders for UK customers until I can find some professional help to handle the paperwork. Starting January 1st 2021 UK customers will need to order through one of my many authorized retail partners around the world (If your preferred retail partner doesn't stock what you want - let them know I'm accepting applications for new wholesale partners especially looking for someone inside the UK to help with distribution). :bang:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
🎉 Happy New Years! 🥳:party:

Thanks again for your words of encouragement. Still sadly no legal firms have reached out to me after my first plea for help a few days before Christmas, so I'm now waiting a bit longer before circling back around to figure out what the heck I need to do in order to become compliant with the new law (some products may be unavailable through my website all together, I just don't know yet).

All that said, as promised I did have one more widget ready for publishing before this mess happened so I might as well introduce it now before things go to shit .......

Hey all! :wave:

Bit late to the party with this one but a long time ago I had a few requests to whip up an organizer for the EQ's various components. After a bunch of R&D testing with my own EQ I've finalized v1.0 of my new ExtremeQ Organizer Tray!
View attachment 4948

This organizer tray requires no modifications for installation and holds multiple bags, picks/tools, glass pieces (18mm/14mm/10mm), pocket for screens, even a velcro strap in the back for whip storage after your session! I've been really excited to share this with the community, looking forward to some feedback on the design :science:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Good luck @Delta3DStudios!! Hopefully someone gets back to you, but I also am hopeful you will be okay since your products are so much more removed from actual vapes... Could just require some re-categorization or something??

Also I am really loving the nylon scooper I got from you recently, I got the grinder scoop and poke though so it is a bit small... I was thinking I could get the larger one with the tamper that you sell (though it is out of stock now of course) but figured I should actually ask you, do you have any plans to make a larger size scooper???

I was thinking a scooper that was maybe twice the size? In nylon of course... Let me know what you think, whenever my dude, no rush at all!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Also I am really loving the nylon scooper I got from you recently, I got the grinder scoop and poke though so it is a bit small... I was thinking I could get the larger one with the tamper that you sell (though it is out of stock now of course) but figured I should actually ask you, do you have any plans to make a larger size scooper???

I was thinking a scooper that was maybe twice the size? In nylon of course... Let me know what you think, whenever my dude, no rush at all!

Shoot me a PM/Email with your dream nylon scoop and I can make it happen.

I actually do have a larger "oversized" scoop on the Pax3 Nylon scoop-n-tamp tool which is about 40% larger than the other scoops on my store. I could easily copy-pasta some code around to build whatever you need. I'm throwing together a small Nylon order from my industrial nylon printing partners in the next week or so and could easily fit you in with that bulk order :-)

Shit Snacks

Shoot me a PM/Email with your dream nylon scoop and I can make it happen.

I actually do have a larger "oversized" scoop on the Pax3 Nylon scoop-n-tamp tool which is about 40% larger than the other scoops on my store. I could easily copy-pasta some code around to build whatever you need. I'm throwing together a small Nylon order from my industrial nylon printing partners in the next week or so and could easily fit you in with that bulk order :-)

Oh cool! Did not know there was a larger scoop on that one, that will be perfect then! I'll hit you up in a few directly, thinking I'll just get that exact thing but with the standard round tamper instead of the pax rectangle... Or maybe with a poke at the end?

My only hesitance with poker, do you think there is any chance of like the nylon wearing away, like if used to poke out in a grinder, potentially there could be a little particle in the herbs eventually? Feels like a really outside chance, but it did occur to overthinking me, since I am so used to using wooden toothpicks for this task...

Shit Snacks,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
My only hesitance with poker, do you think there is any chance of like the nylon wearing away
Yes, currently that is certainly a possibility depending on use.

I'm hoping to migrate to an alternative traditional manufacturing technology for future nylon/plastic poker tools made with a stiffer/stronger plastic, but they can still wear away over time, just like the old scrape tools they used to toss in with grinders back in the day - I know so many people who wore them down to a nub haha.

Between a poker and a tamper on the Nylon prints, I'd always opt for a tamping end personally. If you need a poking tool I'd say go for steel (I know people say it's magnetized to the BrilliantCut grinder magnet, but it's really not a strong magnetic attraction. I actually like it to hold my stir tool between sessions.

Slickwilly

I want to thank Mike @Delta3DStudios for doing an awesome job on a screw on funnel he made me for the Jyarz chico. 🍻

In total I have 7 chicos now and usually most have different ground strains in them for throughout the day and night. I have been grinding herb then using my pointer finger and thumb circle around the top of the chico and play get the herb in whole game. 👌That usually causes a mess, plus the glass insert is loose in the chico and some herb usually finds it way below the glass. So when I saw Mike made a funnel for the classic I had to a send him one of my chicos and get one made. He said it took him like 13 different tries before he got it to fit right, that's great service man!

With this new funnel there is no mess and it seals tight against glass so no more herb below the glass.

Fun1 - Copy.JPG

It is made of flexible TPU plastic and 3 inches across the top at its widest part. The wide top also acts like a kick stand and wont let the chico tip over if full of herb and dump out. The funnel screws on and off in about 3/4 of a turn, real easy and locks solid against chico.

Fun2 - Copy.JPG

Fits my standard BCG and FM perfectly plus makes grinder brushing out a dream, it all goes in the chico now!👍

Fun3 - Copy.JPG

Oh yeah he sells very comfy t-shirts too ☺️

Thanks again Mike I couldn't be happier!

Shit Snacks

That's awesome @Slickwilly I just got my first Chico and immediately noticed that design flaw with them, this resolves the issue very nicely adding extra functionality! Will probably have to pick one up with my next order, right @BrianTL ;)

PXL-20210212-225434570.jpg

Meanwhile my latest order just arrived, finally got a honeycomb organizer, and a larger nylon scoop along with grinder funnels. So glad how well my Rogue Wax Works tools fit in the organizer, since that is why I got it primarily, and for my Delta 3D tools to of course! :tup:

Thanks again Mike! @Delta3DStudios rules!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That's awesome @Slickwilly I just got my first Chico and immediately noticed that design flaw with them, this resolves the issue very nicely adding extra functionality! Will probably have to pick one up with my next order, right @BrianTL ;)

PXL-20210212-225434570.jpg

Meanwhile my latest order just arrived, finally got a honeycomb organizer, and a larger nylon scoop along with grinder funnels. So glad how well my Rogue Wax Works tools fit in the organizer, since that is why I got it primarily, and for my Delta 3D tools to of course! :tup:

Thanks again Mike! @Delta3DStudios rules!

Yeah that chico funnel is a must have I think, I have the classic and it works great, using Delta3D's grinder funnel to fill the chico, which has been working great, buuuut that funnel belongs there.

My last Delta order is still in the box lol I gotta open that up this week. Just in time because I think I may have misplaced my semi-damaged nylon scoop

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Contacted Mike @Delta3DStudios via email to see if maybe he had any leftover MiniVap 14 or 18mm wpa as they were no longer listed on website. Got a quick reply that he'd gladly make me one of each, just needed a short while to make molds. I don't recall but roughly a week later I guess, I had my MV wpa's in hand. Haven't used the 14mm one yet, but it fits my rig/adapters perfectly. The 18mm I have been using daily and it's worked absolutely great.

Got a little bonus too, which was just extra icing on an already great cake. :tup:

Highly recommend the great products and service you receive from @Delta3DStudios!!

Shit Snacks

I had Rogue Wax Works build me a handle for my Delta 3D nylon grinder scoop since I did not actually have a need for it to be in my grinder and it was a little too tiny for me to use... So I sent it to him for this awesome handle and now I use it all the time! Here it is with my Rogue scoop, my Delta 3D steel regular size scoop and nylon larger size scoop (his pax3 one with round tamper):

PXL-20210312-001618093.jpg

With these, some other tools, and everything else in my honeycomb organizer, I feel like I've really leveled up my accessory game!

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I had Rogue Wax Works build me a handle for my Delta 3D nylon grinder scoop since I did not actually have a need for it to be in my grinder and it was a little too tiny for me to use... So I sent it to him for this awesome handle and now I use it all the time! Here it is with my Rogue scoop, my Delta 3D steel regular size scoop and nylon larger size scoop (his pax3 one with round tamper):

PXL-20210312-001618093.jpg

With these, some other tools, and everything else in my honeycomb organizer, I feel like I've really leveled up my accessory game!

That nylon scoop with the custom wood handle would be perfect if it had a metal disk in the bottom to stand it on a magnet in one of my stands. Unless it already does.

Shit Snacks

That nylon scoop with the custom wood handle would be perfect if it had a metal disk in the bottom to stand it on a magnet in one of my stands. Unless it already does.

It does not have that already, as I would have no use for that feature myself (trying to avoid the magnets here is the point for me! :lol: though I am sure Rogue could hook you up with whatever you need... he has reddit, instagram, etsy and his thread is here:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Phew! Sorry for my absence y'all! It's been one hell of a crazy few months trying to keep up with a surge in demand and all the chaos ensuing with the whole PACT act. For some reason I'm not getting email alerts any longer so if I don't respond to you here, shoot me a message on my site!

Just wanted to circle back around and say I'm still here! In fact this week I'm working on publishing a new widget for the @JyARz Big Papi container, and a few for the new @HealthyRips.com Rouge which was just released last week!

In other news I'm still working on expanding the studio and adding some new machinery which will increase the list of workable materials I can manage in the studio, as well as increasing the size of my wholesale catalog for my retail partners (currently a majority of my catalog is available exclusively through the website, very few retailers stock more than a dozen different widgets from the store). Hoping to have that hardware installed and running by this summer (equipment has been spec'd, electricity run, and space allocated in the shop)

Additionally, some of you might like to learn I'm currently in the process of sifting through and building more mystery boxes. Now's your chance to score a great deal on some of my best selling widgets. Quantities are extremely limited so don't wait around too long! (Note - I'm still sorting through, so if you don't see a box which interests you yet, check back later!)

Mystery Box Teaser

Last edited:

the ob

all good in the hood.
Just emailed with you the other day. Just waiting for the blue Jyarz containers to come in so I can order several things :)

MikeRotchHertz

@Delta3DStudios , can you make something like this: https://bingerclinger.com/about/.

I have a couple of heady pieces that have no base, so my 710 coil setup tips it over. I know this might be difficult without knowing the size of the base.
I'm sure he can make something for you that will work, but have you considered the lamart bases?

I like mine but not all my rigs fit it. Just confirm your diameter before ordering.

MikeRotchHertz,

mixchu69

I'm sure he can make something for you that will work, but have you considered the lamart bases?

I like mine but not all my rigs fit it. Just confirm your diameter before ordering.
Haha, that is what I looked at right before writing this message. It looks like they are meant for D-020 bubblers. The base of my heady banger hanger is about the size of a soda can.

mixchu69,
Top Bottom