COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Recovery update: 50% (+/-) of total case recovered, 50k yesterday. 53k new cases.

Masks are more common now, but still plenty of maskless folks,and imbeciles who think they breathe better with nose exposed. Been wearing masks when traveling/shopping for 5 months, every trip - have *NEVER* felt I couldn’t breathe, or even felt constricted. I don’t hope these ‘whistling past the graveyard’ folks get sick: I hope they don’t get other persons sick.

I like the idea of quick-result, cheap test strips; hope that effort bears fruit.

Vitolo

Vaporist
imbeciles who think they breathe better with nose exposed.
105670146_1137132826672189_3997280057329820047_o.jpg

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I’ve been ‘experimenting’ by going shopping at various times through the day (as opposed to going out during “seniors’ hour”. Stunned by how crowded the stores are at any hour: no more lulls happening @ mid-morning, after lunch, not even after dinner/late.

I’m going back to shopping first thing in the AM: more masks, many fewer people

Local HS senior photo has gone viral: 100+ kids, zero masks. Hope the kids/families don’t go viral...

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you're looking for a deal on disposable surgical-style masks. Currently $5.48 shipped for a box of 50.

Just wanted to share as it's the lowest price I've seen. Hope this doesn't come across spammy. I have no affiliation with the product or seller.

Tranquility

Last edited:

Tranquility

[EDIT: I just noticed the date of this Study. It is so old so as to not reflect current practices. It still might give information so I won't get rid of it, but, April was a long time ago.]

Largest Statistically Significant Study by 6,200 Multi-Country Physicians on COVID-19 Uncovers Treatment Patterns and Puts Pandemic in Context
New York, New York – April 2, 2020 – Widespread confusion, conflicting reports, inconsistent testing, and off-indication use of existing and experimental drugs has resulted in no single source of information from the frontlines. To create a centralized and dynamic knowledge base, Sermo, the largest healthcare data collection company and global social platform for physicians, leveraged its capabilities to publish results of a COVID-19 study with more than 6,200 physicians in 30 countries. The study was completed in three days. Data covers current treatment and prophylaxis options, timing to the outbreak peak, effectiveness of government responses, and much more. Results of the first wave can be found at sermo.com. Multiple study waves including a deeper dive into treatments will be conducted over the next several weeks, and Sermo is calling all physicians globally to participate. ...

------------------

We all recall the video with the woman promoting HCQ who also promoted a certain, spiritual, belief of alien sperm or something. The underlying organization of the information behind the video is "America's Frontline Doctors" who snopes is suspicious of as well.

Who Are ‘America’s Frontline Doctors’ and Dr. Stella Immanuel?

But, It's not like they don't have a case (They are not the plaintiff, it's just essentially the same argument.):
Case 1:20-cv-00493 ECF No. 1 filed 06/02/20 PageID.1 Page 1 of 24

Here's their arguments:
https://americasfrontlinedoctorsummit.com/references/#white-paper

Tranquility,

florduh

The underlying organization of the information behind the video is "America's Frontline Doctors" who snopes is suspicious of as well.

With good reason. "America's Frontline Doctors" is a weird political organization, founded about 3 weeks ago.

The plaintiff in the case you listed is another group of wackos, the "Association of American Physicians and Surgeons". From Wikipedia:

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a conservative non-profit association founded in 1944. The group was reported to have about 5,000 members in 2014. The association has promoted a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism."

But, It's not like they don't have a case

I'm not a lawyer, but I had to stop reading the "AAPS" complaint halfway down. They claim that the FDA's refusal to accept hydroxychloroquine is causing the RNC and DNC conventions to be effectively cancelled. Because HCQ could be used as a prophylactic.

That's not a claim currently supported by the evidence. Maybe hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug. That's not what the total body of available evidence suggests though. It's also not encouraging when some of the wackiest doctors on the planet are promoting it.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Designer antibodies could battle COVID-19 before vaccines arrive
While the world is transfixed by the high-stakes race to develop a COVID-19 vaccine, an equally crucial competition is heating up to produce targeted antibodies that could provide an instant immunity boost against the virus. Clinical trials of these monoclonal antibodies, which could both prevent and treat the disease, are already underway and could produce signs of efficacy in the next few months, perhaps ahead of vaccine trials. “If you were going to put your money down, you would bet that you get the answer with the monoclonal before you get the answer with a vaccine,” says Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).

============================================================================================
Coronavirus FAQ: Can An Airline Put You On A No-Fly List For Refusing To Mask Up?

When it comes to the new rules for the novel coronavirus, airlines like Delta are taking them very seriously. So far, the carrier has banned 100 anti-maskers from taking their flights and gone a step further by adding them to a "no fly" list.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If you're looking for a deal on disposable surgical-style masks. Currently $5.48 shipped for a box of 50.

Just wanted to share as it's the lowest price I've seen. Hope this doesn't come across spammy. I have no affiliation with the product or seller.
I ordered them because, what the hell, they are cheap, the need for them isn't going anywhere and I have gotten in the habit of handing them out to folks without them. We'll see if they come in "the shiny box or the matte finish box"...
That pesky covid hoax is still going strong...

Coronavirus: Brazil passes 100,000 deaths as outbreak shows no sign of easing

Well, I'm sure all that hydroxychloroquine they bought from Trump should help them out a lot...

Last edited:

Tranquility

Jokes aside, what is the world's protocol on treating Covid-19 now?

https://app.sermo.com/covid19-barometer

44% are getting Azithromycin (Or like)

29% get Vitamin C

29% Dexametazone or other steroids

23% get an anti-coagulant or anti-clotting (I wonder if aspirin is in this category.)

23% get hydroxychloroquine

20% zinc

and they do lots more at lesser amounts.

Tranquility,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast

This is the exact seller we buy our masks from. Cheap and they work.

florduh

Hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19: Evidence can’t seem to kill it

"Because I’m dedicated to evidence and science when it comes to medical decision making, I always concede that it is still possible that hydroxychloroquine might still be found to have some anti-COVID-19 activity, although it’s becoming increasingly clear that, if there is any activity it will likely be very modest and require large clinical trials to detect, to the point where it’ll probably be clinically insignificant. That being said, it’s amazing how much believers in acupuncture, vitamin C to treat cancer, and hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 have in common."

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Some more simple testing using laser light scatter to test mask efficacy in blocking speech-generated droplets.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
As Schools reopen, much remains unknown about the risk to kids and the peril they pose to others

A report from leading pediatric health groups found that more than 97,000 U.S. children tested positive for the coronavirus in the last two weeks of July, more than a quarter of the total number of children diagnosed nationwide since March.

==============================================================================================
The Daily Show mocks Fox News for taking a premature victory lap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom